Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,865 members, 7,806,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens (35723 Views)

Umahi Threatens To Revoke Benin-Sapele-Ologbo Road Contract Over Shoddy Job / Ndume: I Criticised Jonathan But We Don’t Value What We Have Until We Lose It / RUGA: Umahi Threatens To Sue Pascal Oluchukwu, Gives 7-Day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by sirequity(m): 7:55pm On May 29, 2018
DAVID Umahi, Ebonyi State governor has threatened to deal with traders in the state who obey the sit-at-home order by the Indigenous People of Biafra, (IPOB).

It is the tradition of Pro-Biafra groups to always sit-at-home annually on May 30 to commemorate the dead of those who lost their lives in the struggle.

Mr Umahi while addressing the people at the 2018 democracy day celebration on Tuesday threatened to permanently forfeit the shop of any trader in the state who obeys the order from IPOB.

Mr Umahi who said such order would not be observed his state noted that the manner in which IPOB was pursuing its course was not right as the Ohaneze Ndigbo took the right action in the comity of Ibo sons and daughters.

“We do not need distractions or second colonisation as we continue to believe in God to change our narrative with no man born of a woman setting us back.

“Any trader that closes shop on the day will forfeit it forever and any protest will be decisively dealt with.

“Ebonyi indigenes should go about their businesses peacefully and safely and if the South-East governors say we don’t want IPOB activities, it does not mean that we are happy with the zone’s marginalisation in the country.

“We call on the Federal Government to look into the plight of South-east and address the issue of marginalisation because we believe in one Nigeria that will enshrine justice and fairness.

“We also believe in the sanctity of human lives and call on the citizens to cooperate in ensuring the growth and development of the state and country,” he said.

Mr Umahi during the occasion to reeled out his government’s achievements in education, health, agriculture, infrastructure development, commerce and industry and human empowerment among other sectors.

However, the Deputy Coordinator of the Biafra separatists in the state, Mr. Ugochukwu Nweke, vowed that it would implement its sit-at-home order in all parts of the state

“What I am saying is that our activities will go on tomorrow as planned all over the world, not only here in Ebonyi. Government has no right whatsoever to takeover anybody’s shop on the grounds of closing their shop to honour the sit-at-home order.

“Our activities tomorrow will be monitored through our searchlight. Government has no power to give such order. We are going ahead to carry out our activities tomorrow. Nobody can stop us from doing that,” vowed Nweke.

Source>>>https://www.headlineng.com/lock-shop-ipob-sit-home-loose-forever-umahi-threatens/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by Justiceleague1: 8:04pm On May 29, 2018
This thread is meant for Afonjas and connies. They are fast on their way. Wey my pop corn sef? grin

Lzaa

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by sirequity(m): 8:05pm On May 29, 2018
grin

Autocratic threat in Democracy because of Buhari?

246 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by countryfive: 8:07pm On May 29, 2018
crywhy won't he talk anyhow after all he no longer need their vote

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by TimFisher: 8:10pm On May 29, 2018
undecided

Pharaoh Umahi....God must surely take your life!

you must surely reap what you sow!

158 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by Xander85: 8:11pm On May 29, 2018
This fool here is the very antithesis of what Igbo elite should be; placing 'one Nigeria' and subservience to the caliphate before the interest of his people!

Absolutely disgusting! sad

141 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by papoudaupolos: 8:12pm On May 29, 2018
I dislike Ipob but they have every right to the celebration of whatever ist dat day means to them.
They are fellow humans first

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by Ololade1999: 8:13pm On May 29, 2018
This man is not wise at all. Why threatening the people that voted for you. Those people that called this country a zoo didn't lie at all.

181 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by sirequity(m): 8:15pm On May 29, 2018
lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by visijo(m): 8:25pm On May 29, 2018
We shall know who is the most obstinate between government and ipob...

Survival of the fittest tomorrow..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by NaijaMutant(f): 8:25pm On May 29, 2018
The statement credited to Gov. Dave Umahi is not only a threat to democracy but also a violation of the fundamental Human Rights of the people of Eboyin State

What an audacity

Well, I trust my Igbo people
They love challenges grin

Dear Gov. Dave Umahi, we hereby accept your challenge tomorrow grin

193 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by Sarkin: 8:25pm On May 29, 2018
DO NOT ONLY LOCK UP THEIR SHOPS BUT ARREST THEM, FOR LISTENING TO THE WAILING OF A USELESS TERRORIST GROUP.

WHERE IS COWNU? THAT USELESS COWARD.

"Leflendum" KO...

Nonsensical... they are only good at spreading hate and false news.
I'M WAITING FOR THEIR E-PIGS...

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by KingsJohnson(m): 8:25pm On May 29, 2018
Umahi, I laugh at you because Biafrans never forget...

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by Bossontop(m): 8:26pm On May 29, 2018
undecided
Make i jus kak for here dey watch wetin go for dis thread

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by Kyase(m): 8:26pm On May 29, 2018
grin
Umahi for president

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by NaijaMutant(f): 8:26pm On May 29, 2018
Sarkin:
DO NOT ONLY LOCK UP THEIR SHOPS BUT ARREST THEM, FOR LISTENING TO THE WAILING OF A USELESS TERRORIST GROUP.

WHERE IS COWNU? THAT USELESS COWARD.

"Leflendum" KO...

Nonsensical... they are only good at spreading hate and false news.
I'M WAITING FOR THEIR E-PIGS...

The Igbos ain't cowards

We say what we do and do what we say

Watch out for tomorrow undecided

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by dadavivo: 8:26pm On May 29, 2018
Coward, I don't want to open my shop tomorrow, na by force?

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by omocalabar(m): 8:26pm On May 29, 2018
Mumu governor...how re going to do that?...an issue u Shud have jus stayed cleared from...

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by Bugatie(m): 8:26pm On May 29, 2018
Rants of a power hungry stooge,

Is it ur shop , abi you dey pay their shop rent

Igbos will freely decide to sit at home or open their shops and there's nothing the spineless governor or his cohorts can do

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by Sarkin: 8:26pm On May 29, 2018
TimFisher:
undecided

eh pain am shaa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by PointZerom: 8:27pm On May 29, 2018
grin

Umahi must be high on expired cow dung.

You're not my landlord or the one that paid for my shop. How will I lose it if I decide to sit at home?. You must be a chest beater.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by CodeTemplar: 8:27pm On May 29, 2018
Is this democracy. How can government dictate to me how to open my shop? Buhari is biting more than he can chew by not going after herdsmen and Umahi will lose the peoples goodwill soon.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by Hotfreeze: 8:27pm On May 29, 2018
That's how Rochas wrecked Ipob in Imo State while Ikpeazu was busy pussyfooting till soldiers used koboko to reset their brains.

It's people like Umahi and Rochas that fit these Ipob miscreants I swear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by Almaiga: 8:27pm On May 29, 2018
IPOB's right now grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by Edu3Again: 8:28pm On May 29, 2018
The Northern Govs have never called the Fulani Herdmen to order and they kill.

IPOB simply want to remember those who were killed and it's a problem!

You will loose the next election .

Almaiga:
IPOB's right now grin
This guy dey fear IPOB.

Just to remember our dead dey fear the Fulani, when we leave 9ja wetin go happen.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by LifeofAirforce(m): 8:28pm On May 29, 2018
Some governors don't think before they talk

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by Ziggylady(f): 8:28pm On May 29, 2018
Mumu Umahi you must be high if you think you can threatn Igbo traders like this..

..is it by force??..So if 99% of traders lock their shops,you will seize those shops ..Are you the one who rented or bought the shops for them??..clueless clown

I can see buhari/APC stuppidity has infected you badly...That is how they have been governing Nigeria,with the least common-sense found in humans..reason why the Economy is a wreck under their watch

Anyway i trust my people..You just made the sit-at-home a huge success.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by mercyway: 8:29pm On May 29, 2018
What a stupid threat?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by globalresource: 8:29pm On May 29, 2018
grin sit at home and forget about your shops cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by koolaid87: 8:29pm On May 29, 2018
This ain't democracy

Nonsense

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens by Hotfreeze: 8:29pm On May 29, 2018
TimFisher:
undecided

Empty threats and curses since 1970.

If you're pained, leave your 2by2 chicken-cage-sized shop in Okokomaiko and go to Abakaliki to vote him out.

Or you want to give an empty ultimatum like Ohaneze?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekiti APC Lawmakers Reject Long Adjournment / It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu / Igangan Eviction: Igboho Must Be Regretting His Actions By Now – Sarkin Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.