Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times (1717 Views)

Buhari’s Greatest Achievement So Far Is The Harrasment Of PDP, Says Fayose. / Atiku, Kwankwaso Are Buhari’s Greatest Enemies – Gov. Lamido / General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 28, 2010
many on this forum were too young to witness his 20 months of competent sterwardship of our nation.

He achieved so much in his war against corruption between Dec1983 and Aug 1985.

He is patriotic, has integrity and is the only ex-leader not living in opulance.

Unlike IBB and OBJ he was not a western stooge and held out for the best deal for Nigeria in negotiations with IMF.

He jailed over 600 corrupt politicians and businessmen and refused to release them until their loot was recovered. He even tried to forcifully kidnap Shagari's defence minister from the UK, who had stolen billions of dollars after British government refused to send him back to Nigeria.
There was less crime, he took a hard line on all crime especially armed robbers and drug traffikers.

in just 20 months he improved Nigeria's trade deficit and national debt.

Jerry Rawlings of Ghana, that many of us admire, actually modelled himself on Buhari.

Nigeria's number one problem is corruption- once corruption is tackled, all other things from elections to development of electricity / infrastructure would work better.

Buhari is the only current politician with a proven record of effectively fighting corruption .

It is unfortunate that he was probably only otherthrow because Western countries like UK sponsored their stooge IBB probably with the help of the other western stooge Obj, to overthrow him. OBJ and IBB themselves were starting to come under Buhari's anti-corruption radar.

he may not be the best available, but he is a proven patriotic and non-corrupt leader.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by Fhemmmy: 6:03pm On May 28, 2010
As a matter of fact.
I would like to know what Buhari worths, cos he seems to be the only recent leader of Nigeria that aint a multi-billionaire, but i stand to be corrected, if i was wrong.
But i would like to know his worth . . . . Not supporting you that he was the best in time
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2014
smiley
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by maasoap(m): 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2014
Buhari is my man.

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by NwaNimo1(m): 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2014
Greatest Leader or Greatest Tyrant?

The only good thing IBB has done for Nigeria was to overthrow Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by MrRenaissance: 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
GenBuhari: many on this forum were too WISE to witness his 20 months of INHUMANE BLOODSHED and BRAZEN LOOTING of our nation.
FIXED. smiley
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by VICTORCIZA(m): 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2014
GEN BUHARI THE GREATEST TERRORIST NIGERIANS CAN NEVER FORGET IN A HURRY!!

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
GMB. One of Nigerians greatest patriots. El salvo

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by jpphilips(m): 1:19am On Jun 29, 2014
GenBuhari: many on this forum were too young to witness his 20 months of competent sterwardship of our nation.

He achieved so much in his war against corruption between Dec1983 and Aug 1985.

He is patriotic, has integrity and is the only ex-leader not living in opulance.

Unlike IBB and OBJ he was not a western stooge and held out for the best deal for Nigeria in negotiations with IMF.

He jailed over 600 corrupt politicians and businessmen and refused to release them until their loot was recovered. He even tried to forcifully kidnap Shagari's defence minister from the UK, who had stolen billions of dollars after British government refused to send him back to Nigeria.
There was less crime, he took a hard line on all crime especially armed robbers and drug traffikers.

in just 20 months he improved Nigeria's trade deficit and national debt.

Jerry Rawlings of Ghana, that many of us admire, actually modelled himself on Buhari.

Nigeria's number one problem is corruption- once corruption is tackled, all other things from elections to development of electricity / infrastructure would work better.

Buhari is the only current politician with a proven record of effectively fighting corruption .

It is unfortunate that he was probably only otherthrow because Western countries like UK sponsored their stooge IBB probably with the help of the other western stooge Obj, to overthrow him. OBJ and IBB themselves were starting to come under Buhari's anti-corruption radar.

he may not be the best available, but he is a proven patriotic and non-corrupt leader.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari

people like me who witnessed the antecedents of the General have been voting for him since 2003, I still remember vividly the smear campaign on him even here on nairaland.
what I dnt understand is his recent rebranding because he joined APC.
can you explain that?

4 Likes

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by blackfase(m): 8:37am On Jun 29, 2014
No mattter what d trolls say bout him, he's still d best alternative out of d criminals parading themselves around & keeps shovin their stinking political arses in our faces. He may not b a saint as no one is but if Nigerians prayers (d only thing we seem to be good at) to get d system cleansed of d stench of corruption is to b answered, u should endorse d emergence of Mai Gaskiya!

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:58am On Jun 29, 2014
Well i wasn't born then. But from what i've seen and heard about him, he seems to have a clean wrapsheet. But i wonder what he's doing with someone like tinubu. I have neva liked dat man from day one
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by blackfase(m): 9:56am On Jun 29, 2014
They r strange bedfellows, everyone knows that. While Buhari is conservative in his leanin, Tinubu is capitalistic but d calculation is without d SW which is blived to b in Tinubus wraps, Buhari wuld hav a hard time gettin any attention ther, d argument we stil soaked up in more political mess than nearing eldorado.

VIPERVENOM: Well i wasn't born then. But from what i've seen and heard about him, he seems to have a clean wrapsheet. But i wonder what he's doing with someone like tinubu. I have neva liked dat man from day one

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 29, 2014
jp philips:

people like me who witnessed the antecedents of the General have been voting for him since 2003, I still remember vividly the smear campaign on him even here on nairaland.
can you explain that?
re branding how?
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 29, 2014
blackfase: No mattter what d trolls say bout him, he's still d best alternative out of d criminals parading themselves around & keeps shovin their stinking political arses in our faces. He may not b a saint as no one is but if Nigerians prayers (d only thing we seem to be good at) to get d system cleansed of d stench of corruption is to b answered, u should endorse d emergence of Mai Gaskiya!
Good thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by juman(m): 10:35am On Jun 29, 2014
Hiss.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by eaglechild: 11:48am On Jun 29, 2014
Great leader my foot.

He carried out a coup to overthrow a civilian government and now wants to become a civilian president.

He promised to make Nigeria ungovernable should he fail to become president.

He is a strong advocate of sharia law and Nigeria becoming an Islamic nation even though we are a secular state with arguably more Christians than Muslims. An obvious clue to his religious intolerance.

What of PTF? Was he really the saint people make him to be or a cold blooded silent looter, storing up for his presidential ambition.

Buhari is a known sympathiser of Boko Haram. It took ages for him to make a vague condemnation of the sect. Who is he deceiving?

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 29, 2014
The saint that overthrew a democratically elected government free the president and jailed the vice president.-Tribalistic Bigot.

The same man that ask Muslims to vote who will protect their religion-Religious Fanatic.

The same man that under this watchful eyes in PDTF no road was constructed in Southern Nigeria where the money comes from but all in Northern Nigeria -Regional bigot.

The same man that said baboons and monkey will soak in blood-Terrorist.

The same animal that never console the families of the corp members that were killed by his supporters because he lost an election -a Sadist.

If you like bath a pig with Lux Soap and cloth it with Armani Suit, its still a Pig.

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by oskopy: 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
My people forget so fast, obj as an example. 99 they said he left power as a saint that we should vote for him,he is this he is that. Later he turned out to be the worst looter of public fund. The only thing buhari knows how to do well is recruiting of strong opposition against any ruling govt....even if it warrants violence(boko)

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by olatade(m): 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2014
Buhari would make an excellent President, his major problem is image misrepresentation in the south, the man is incorruptible and his tenure would see a crackdown on the Nigerian elite, his ideology as in the past remains the same, the poor man first and the rich man last. His candidacy is challenged vehemently by even the elite in the north because they know how ruthless he would be to them if in power. The wealth in Nigeria is always aided by corruption or govt policies working in ones favour against the interest of the majority, its going to take a brave and selfless leader to cleanse the rot in our system, there are many and Buhari is definitely one of them.

4 Likes

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2014
What do you mean by re-branding?
jpphilips:

can you explain that?
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by jpphilips(m): 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
Obiagelli:

re branding how?

How many south westerners believed in Buhari before now? How many votes did he get from the SW 2003,2007 and 2011?
why is Buhari on the lips of every SW today if not for his romance with tinubu? the reason I am still indifferent in voting him 2015.

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by Sibabasibaba1: 3:25pm On Dec 09, 2014
How can a criminal be the best thing that has happened to Nigeria? He wants Nigerians to vote out a 'corrupt' government now because he is seeking their votes but did not remember in 1983 that Nigerians would have a chance to vote out the a 'corrupt' Shagari's government in 1987. SMH.

Thank God he has finally owned up to overthrowing Shagari's duly elected government (in his yesterday's Channel's TV interview) after many years of lying that he was invited by the 'coup plotters' to head the government. He will by himself expose more of his perennial lies.

By our Constitution coup plotting is a crime. Buhari plotted a coup. Therefore he is a bloody criminal. Subverting the will of the people with a gun is the highest form of corruption. Nigeria has yet to recover from that selfish and unpatriotic act of 31 December 1983.

Yet, some youths whom Buhari mortgaged their future want us to believe that this selfish criminal, who became politically popular in Northern Nigeria through his support for the 'Sharialization' of Nigeria, is the Messiah our country has been waiting for.

Too bad!

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by talktimi(m): 4:25pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hamza al Mustapha is the greatest leader Nigeria will ever have if allowed to rule us.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by jpphilips(m): 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
[quote author=eaglechild post=24341860]Great leader my foot,

Though you made no point, but i will still help your Ignorant mind.

He carried out a coup to overthrow a civilian government and now wants to become a civilian president.

The govt of Shagari was very corrupt as such his action was a necessary evil at the time, How many soldiers have the balls at the time to do what he did? look around you, corruption, Bigotry, darkness, terrorism, nepotism and indiscipline has held this country hostage for so long, tell me, wont you like a leader who will forcefully take over Govt to solve these ills? personally I wont mind.
This nation need some balls, the biggest of all balls, and that move is actually a plus for Buhari.

If you have been born in Dec 1983, Buhari wasn't the mastermind of the coup, he was the man who inherited the Govt, either his rank was regarded or he was the person the coup plotters or SMC could trust, I am not insinuating he hasn't a hand in it, I am just putting it clearer to understand a little of how things used to work in their days.
If there is a tough soldier who will jail this Govt and recover all our looted funds especially at a time the hawks have embezzled us into recession, have the balls to end terrorism and reclaim our lost territories, put a bullet in the heads of those boisterous militants,bros I don't mind.

Food for thought; Lt walbe assassinated Aguiyi Ironsi (the then head of state) in a coup detat, guess who inherited the Govt? YAKUBU GOWON!!! Does he have a hand in it, most likely but all are speculations. Let us go to 1966 coup.

Kaduna Nzeogwu, Emmanuel Ifeajuna et al staged a coup detat in the form of an ethnic cleansing, Zik, Mbakwe, Ojukwu etc all Ibos were left untouched, I can say they were "beneficiaries" from the coup if I want to borrow your innuendo, any evidence to prove they have a hand in it? "NO"
Murtala Mohammed, in a coup detat was assassinated by Col. Dimka, who inherited the Govt? Olusegun Obasanjo.

That someone inherited a Govt does not mean he must have a hand in the process, Lastly, it was a bloodless coup that sanitized the nation and have given us over 30yrs nostalgia, get over it.

He promised to make Nigeria ungovernable should he fail to become president.

He used a Metaphor, baboon and the Dogs, the dumb Nigerian media and the overzealous pastor Bakare, introduced the word "ungovernable".
Are you in anyway referring to Boko Haram? well, Jonathan at the UN General assembly admitted on record they are foreign terrorists on Nigerian soil, the name Buhari never came up thorough out that address, except you know more than Jonathan or it is your Govt that was made ungovernable, then I will be forced to believe you.
Recently, both the US and France have been blamed for Nigeria's woes, guess there are a lot of actors in the "ungovernable" scene.

He is a strong advocate of sharia law and Nigeria becoming an Islamic nation even though we are a secular state with arguably more Christians than Muslims. An obvious clue to his religious intolerance.

If Buhari decides to give sharia law to his fellow Northerners what is wrong with that? the same northerners asked for it under Obasanjo and he obliged them, how is it your headache? Buhari wished we joined OIC, at the time, that move was very strategic, the problem is that Nigerians once they hear "ISLAM" wet their pants, and being dumb people we ignore a lot of factors. let me educate you a little.

Buhari's economic policy is one that gives no room for IMF and other international lobbyists, what they do is pretend they are helping your economy but in the end you will be indebted for life, after Buhari was ousted, IBB obliged them and Nigeria's economy was finished, OBJ realizing the harm IBB did applied for debt relief to the tune of $14b in 2004, today we have nose dived back into debt, go and read the story of Greece and you will understand the specifics of foreign debt.

Buhari's foreign policy was very sound, haven rejected the bidding of the west (IMF, World bank etc), there was no doubt rancor and Nigeria needed to align with nations that will stand by us should it snowball to a confrontation (An option OBJ did not consider and it led to the death of our military).
Look at the way Nigeria is being sanctioned today due to human rights abuses, people like Buhari make contingency plans for scenarios like that, in Africa at the time, the strongest military lies in the north, Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Tunisia. the OIC was the gateway to joining the Arab league. The Arab league today is the 2nd most powerful and influential alliance in the world after NATO.

Look at what happened after Buhari, the christian sentiments left us in ECOWAS ditto ECOMOG as our regional military muscle are we better off for it? learn from these Examples;

When the Ouattara govt of Ivory coast (west Africa, supposed ECOMOG region), was nearly threatened to civil war by Laurent Gbabo, who saved the day? France. not ECOMOG

Mali, Northern Mali was over run by Tuareg rebels, who came to their rescue? France, not ECOMOG, before ECOMOG arrived, red beards was already killed.

The only AU active intervention in Africa is in CAR, how successful are they? matter for the gods. how about Sudan and Somalia?

Nigeria, Threatened by Boko haram, who is helping with INTEl? US, not ECOMOG.

In Liberia, after 9yrs of intervention and sleeping with the RUF forces, who conducted the election that enthroned Sirleaf johnson? UN/British, not ECOMOG.

Now, looking at the inefficiencies of ECOMOG in Africa, do you think it was wrong for Buhari to have registered us with OIC to gain access to the Arab league? Camp david accord of 2000 is one of their numerous successes. A league that today is housing the best Military in Africa, had Buhari completed that process, Boko haram would have been a thing of the past.

A leader with such smart foreign policy is what you hate but you prefer a president who does not have at all? or OBJ who destroyed his military for fear of a military coup when he could have gotten a foreign alliance? do you think Ukraine was stup!d running to NATO when Russia came calling?

What of PTF? Was he really the saint people make him to be or a cold blooded silent looter, storing up for his presidential ambition.

After the 2003 Presidential elections where Buhari dared OBJ, he set EFCC after him to investigate his PTF dealings, till date the EFCC report is yet to indict him, if OBJ's ruthless EFCC, ICPC et al exonerated him of corruption, who the fvck are you?

Buhari is a known sympathiser of Boko Haram. It took ages for him to make a vague condemnation of the sect. Who is he deceiving?

Well, after the Vague condemnation, he was nearly assassinated, Unless you confuse buhari for an armored tank, I see no reason why he should sacrifice his safety for an ingrate like you that feel he does not deserve your vote.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by jpphilips(m): 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
BuddahMonk:
The saint that overthrew a democratically elected government free the president and jailed the vice president.-Tribalistic Bigot.

The same man that ask Muslims to vote who will protect their religion-Religious Fanatic.

The same man that under this watchful eyes in PDTF no road was constructed in Southern Nigeria where the money comes from but all in Northern Nigeria -Regional bigot.

The same man that said baboons and monkey will soak in blood-Terrorist.

The same animal that never console the families of the corp members that were killed by his supporters because he lost an election -a Sadist.

If you like bath a pig with Lux Soap and cloth it with Armani Suit, its still a Pig.

All these indomie boys of yesterday who refused education but embraced Super Nintendo, Shagari was placed under house arrest while Ekwueme was thrown into Kirikiri, his reason was that Shagari was still an elected president as such deserve some respect.
You have a president today who cannot even investigate his own minister for corruption let alone put under house arrest, needless to talk about the ones he pardons and secures court injunction to evade prosecution.

Nigerians deserve a dumb president like Jonathan because majority of Nigerians are equally dumb.

I said you are still a toddler, who told you that the PTF money came from only the south or you are confusing it with crude revenue? PTF was a petroleum tax that increased PMS from 3.50k to 11naira, everyone paid it at the gas station, not just the southerners, saying the funds came from the south alone is buffoonery.

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by jpphilips(m): 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
olatade:
Buhari would make an excellent President, his major problem is image misrepresentation in the south, the man is incorruptible and his tenure would see a crackdown on the Nigerian elite, his ideology as in the past remains the same, the poor man first and the rich man last. His candidacy is challenged vehemently by even the elite in the north because they know how ruthless he would be to them if in power. The wealth in Nigeria is always aided by corruption or govt policies working in ones favour against the interest of the majority, its going to take a brave and selfless leader to cleanse the rot in our system, there are many and Buhari is definitely one of them.

crude price is going down, Nigeria is running a budget deficit already, thank God it happened towards the end of the year, wont be long before salaries will be owed. Nigeria has no foreign reserve left all looted as such our Naira can no longer be supported hence the devaluation, the prices of commodities have been adjusted to reflect the devaluation, job cuts will follow, amidst fall in crude prices, petrol will sell for 128, next week, Jonathan could not fix electricity that is mounting pressure on petroleum products.

The increased FIRS receipt for imports and the devaluation has already murdered the deregulated diesel price hence its unchanged price at the pumps amidst fall in crude prices.
Our inflation index has trippled this last 6months and some pigs think they have an opinion, Bros, don't beg them.
by the time Jonathan's inefficiency is done with them come 2019, Hunger will speak the language they will understand, since Bigotry has stolen their common sense.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by Ofodirinwa: 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2021
these were the days o undecided
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by poiZon: 12:01am On Dec 22, 2021
jpphilips:

crude price is going down, Nigeria is running a budget deficit already, thank God it happened towards the end of the year, wont be long before salaries will be owed. Nigeria has no foreign reserve left all looted as such our Naira can no longer be supported hence the devaluation, the prices of commodities have been adjusted to reflect the devaluation, job cuts will follow, amidst fall in crude prices, petrol will sell for 128, next week, Jonathan could not fix electricity that is mounting pressure on petroleum products.

The increased FIRS receipt for imports and the devaluation has already murdered the deregulated diesel price hence its unchanged price at the pumps amidst fall in crude prices.
Our inflation index has trippled this last 6months and some pigs think they have an opinion, Bros, don't beg them.
by the time Jonathan's inefficiency is done with them come 2019, Hunger will speak the language they will understand, since Bigotry has stolen their common sense.
Bobo r u well?
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader Nigeria Has Had In Modern Times by Idumuje: 12:06am On Dec 22, 2021
Rubbish!! Buhari is the worst of the worst!

(1) (Reply)

Fec Upturns El-rufai’s Land Revocations / Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb / Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.