Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 (21463 Views)

416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) / Group Asks Court To Jail JOHESU Officials For Failing To Suspend Strike - Punch / Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by Benite: 2:06pm On May 30, 2018
… As NIC takes over mediation process
By Luminous Jannamike

ABUJA – In consideration of the plight of health-seeking public and to give room for an amicable resolution of its dispute with the Federal Government, the Joint Health Sector Unions, JOHESU, on Wednesday agreed to suspend its 44 days old strike on Friday June 1, 2018.

This decision followed the intervention of the National Industrial Court, NIC, which offered to take over the mediation process between the striking health workers and the government.

Before now, an NGO, the Incorporated Trustees of the Kingdom Human Rights Foundation, KHRFI, had obtained a court order against JOHESU; mandating the health workers to suspend their industrial action on the 21st of May, 2018.

But, in pursuit of its constitutional rights to either comply or challenge the Court order, JOHESU filed an appeal at the Appellate Court.

However, the leadership of JOHESU decided to sheath its sword and direct the members of the union to resume duties since the NIC, as a neutral and impartial organ of the Judiciary, has mandated its mediation centre to take over the negotiation and reconciliation processes within the next 24 hrs in the interest of the public.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/breaking-johesu-agrees-suspend-strike-june-1/

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by Jayloy: 2:07pm On May 30, 2018
Resumption with nothing. I no fit laugh. grin
When you wanted to win all instead of winning some and losing some but now you've lost all.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by eameh30: 2:09pm On May 30, 2018
Hope so

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by ckmayoca: 2:10pm On May 30, 2018
last last. work don start be that.
Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by CriticMaestro: 2:11pm On May 30, 2018
And they yielded

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by Angelb4: 2:12pm On May 30, 2018
Haters will not like to hear this. They are always being used by some wailing elements to distort and distract govt's endeavours. At least, I am glad to hear this.

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by peacengine(m): 2:13pm On May 30, 2018
No work no pay

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by worlexy(m): 2:13pm On May 30, 2018
The fear of massive sack is the beginning of wisdom.
See the job you're playing with, millions of qualified Nigerians are ready to displace you and take up the job.
Asheju baba ashete

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 30, 2018
ok
Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by opera1(m): 2:14pm On May 30, 2018
Dat's Very nice
Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 30, 2018
At last
Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by Osasnidas(m): 2:14pm On May 30, 2018
They should try the same strategy for ASUU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 30, 2018
Whoz the looser now? JOHESU want to get through the back door what they didn't work for.
They are coming back empty handed, ontop that they fit no get salary for May o grin.
Chai, June 1st go sweet, I would soo laff all those wayo ppl wey dey form say them go show me what they're made of. Esp the nurses, strange bedfellows who are just tagging along for the sake of it.
All the flippant rhetorics and propaganda, where did it land you. Their leaders have received brown envelopes from Saraki while their followers would continue to wallow in hunger.
The work you guys left is waiting for you, una eye go tear.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by biggz82: 2:15pm On May 30, 2018
Envelop don change hand.

All our leaders only fight for their selfish interest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by Fesomu(m): 2:16pm On May 30, 2018
Una don mad.. continue na... iv line is for doctors to set...urethra catheter is for doctors to pass...NG tube is for doctors to pass...iv medications are given by HOs in some federal hospitals...and they want equal pay.. Oro rada rada

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by phantom(m): 2:16pm On May 30, 2018
grin grin grin grin...i cant laugh abeg. Are you f***kin kidneying me After 6 bloody weeks?? Why go on strike in the first place?? Like say saraki been stylishly comot im leg.These guys need to learn how to go on strike. They should ask NMA. They wrote the playbook.....smh

Putting the lives of nigerians at stake for 44 days and yet come out with nothing Hell no...lol

Make dem go prepare doctors' May salary o jare!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by worlexy(m): 2:16pm On May 30, 2018
Osasnidas:
They should try the same strategy for ASUU
it can't work for ASUU, you can't sack a professor and replace him with a fresh graduate.

7 Likes

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by KevinDein: 2:17pm On May 30, 2018
I can't see any quote from johesu exco, no quote from FMH, no quote from the industrial court itself. No quote whatsoever in the article.

I don't believe this.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by madan(f): 2:17pm On May 30, 2018
Please let them continue o. sadThis stupid strike took my mum's life, so it's better they continue with their stupidity. JOHESU ko, ESU ni

4 Likes

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by MaziOmenuko: 2:17pm On May 30, 2018
Good development. Let them know that the Govt cannot be coerced into stupid demands!
Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 2:18pm On May 30, 2018
Fear of sack and hunger have reset the brains of these greedy lots
Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by eleojo23: 2:18pm On May 30, 2018
i
Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by Paperwhite(m): 2:19pm On May 30, 2018
Is JOHESU now tired of this egocentric fight?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by Alejoc(m): 2:19pm On May 30, 2018
Before nko?
Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by Paperwhite(m): 2:20pm On May 30, 2018
madan:
Please let them continue o. sadThis stupid strike took my mum's life, so it's better they continue with their stupidity. JOHESU ko, ESU ni
cry cry cry God comfort your entire family.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by hardywaltz(m): 2:20pm On May 30, 2018
Una no know who Buhari be
Una for strike till next year only to resume work and see that new set of people have replaced them.

4 Likes

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 30, 2018
KevinDein:
I can't see any quote from johesu exco, no quote from FMH, no quote from the industrial court itself. No quote whatsoever in the article.

I don't believe this.
Eeeez doing you like film trick abi? Wake up and smell the coffee. All the monthly deductions from their salaries "to fight doctors", their leaders have used it to be gallivanting Abuja and sleeping in 5star hotels with the complement of clean UniAbj babes, in the name of holding meetings. Last last they still got brown envelope to hold body for another 6months. But what did the members get? Hunger and High hopes of being equal to doctors. High hopes soo quickly dashed against the rocks.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by THUNDER4real(m): 2:22pm On May 30, 2018
if no positive result within 24hrs , I see Johesu continuing the strike...

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by DjSwaga(m): 2:22pm On May 30, 2018
JOHESU

SAKANMANJE

TULAMANIA

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by Greystone: 2:22pm On May 30, 2018
madan:

I’m truly sorry for ur loss.
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Please accept my sincere condolences. embarassed

14 Likes

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by larrrymore(m): 2:23pm On May 30, 2018
Fesomu:
Una don mad.. continue na... iv line is for doctors to set...urethra catheter is for doctors to pass...NG tube is for doctors to pass...iv medications are given by HOs in some federal hospitals...and they want equal pay.. Oro rada rada
The same HOs that kill patient everyday

5 Likes

Re: JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 by dino2006(m): 2:23pm On May 30, 2018
Good fr dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Directs Health Minister To Turn Brain Drain To Brain Gain / Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products / Amethyst Oral HIV Test Kit Helps You Test Yourself For HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.