Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! (199655 Views)

Mtn Users Get In / LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! / Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by JasonSleek(m): 5:02pm On May 31, 2018
HeyCorleone:
Well I thought Tecno laid phones like eggs but it seems Nokia is worse.

Every week a new phone.

I get they are trying to come back hard but it's too too distracting. You can't settle your mind on one device.

Before June runs out they'd have released 3 New devices, trust me.

Typing from my Nokia 2 as I consider getting Nokia 2.1.
I think it's gonna be like this annually, as the execs probably feel there would be need to upgrade hardware to the "standards" which is kinda cool. I'm sticking to my 5.0 though. Really don't like that 18:9 aspect ratio thingy.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NicestDude: 6:34pm On May 31, 2018
JasonSleek:
Yeah... A number of times, mistakenly on most of them, it survived a really hot bath one time and since then, I've not been water cautious when I'm with the phone, and it's proven real tough so far!

Wow, that's really cool

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NicestDude: 6:36pm On May 31, 2018
I also saw a video on YouTube where they submerged Nokia 6.1 under the water for two mins and nothing happened to it. I was impressed.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by JasonSleek(m): 6:47pm On May 31, 2018
NicestDude:
I also saw a video on YouTube where they submerged Nokia 6.1 under the water for two mins and nothing happened to it. I was impressed.
yeah! I just really wished a Snapdragon 600 series was used on Nokia 5.1. The MediaTek SoC is a really huge turn off for me. I'll pass and wait for 5.2 next year. *sigh

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Opistorincos(m): 7:55pm On May 31, 2018
Was really looking forward to creating a thread, i use the Nokia 5, sleek phone just that I feel it page and the metal back is a turn off as placing the phone on any flat surface scares the eff out of me
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Deicide: 9:02pm On May 31, 2018
Am looking for Nokia C3 to Buy or any of this old Nokia Java Phones
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Jaymaxxy(m): 9:56pm On May 31, 2018
Evansjj:
hi... when is Nokia 2 getting Oreo updates as promised.
Nokia 2 will get Oreo by June and all Nokia smartphones will get Android P

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Jaymaxxy(m): 9:59pm On May 31, 2018
I have used Nokia 3 and currently using Nokia 6. Both are dope. 7 Plus on my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by JasonSleek(m): 10:17pm On May 31, 2018
Jaymaxxy:

Nokia 2 will get Oreo by June and all Nokia smartphones will get Android P
Yeah! Nice... Wondering how they gonna integrate android P's new navigation system to the first Nokia androids since they don't have onscreen navigation buttons.
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Liamzzybaba(m): 2:13am On Jun 01, 2018
Jaymaxxy:
I have used Nokia 3 and currently using Nokia 6. Both are dope. 7 Plus on my mind.
Sup bro...hws does the Nokia 6 fare. in terms of performance battery and camera.I'm thinking of getting one
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Jaymaxxy(m): 4:27am On Jun 01, 2018
Liamzzybaba:
Sup bro...hws does the Nokia 6 fare. in terms of performance battery and camera.I'm thinking of getting one

Nokia 6 battery is very nice. The phone is fantastic in terms of performance too. Gaming on it is quit nice. I will just advice that you go for the 6.1 since it comes with Snapdragon 630 as opposed to the 430 on the Nokia 6.

4 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by RZArecta2(m): 6:09am On Jun 01, 2018
NicestDude:
The Nokia 7 plus comes with a 16mp selfie shooter and dual 12mp and 13mp back camera with 2x optical zoom and dual LED flash (which shines like a friggin light bulb)
It's 6 inch device , front glass and back metal with ceramic coating and copper accents by the side.
402ppi, powered by snapdragon 660, gpu is adreno, it has 4gb of ram and 64gb of rom running on Android 8.1.0 Oreo out of the box.
No dedicated memory slot but you can use one sim and one sdcard or two sims and no sd card.
With a massive battery of 3800mah and a pretty fast charger... That juices it up very fast.
And oh, it has a fingerprint scanner and I'm waiting for a face unlock update because I heard the Chinese and Indian version already got those ... So it will be pretty cool.
So , I guess that's it.
If you have Any question about the device, I will answer you to the fullest of my knowledge.. thanks .
I've been reading reviews online trying to make my choice on a new phone especially around the Nokia series and I came across complaints by some people that say Nokia android phones are trash , camera quality is like cheap chinko phones and other scary problems. What's really your opinion and advice concerning Nokia android or should I still stick with my trusty Windows Phone that's never let me down ? Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NaijaTechnician(m): 6:28am On Jun 01, 2018
NicestDude:
I think it's high time we have our own thread where we can share our thoughts and get the very best of our devices..
So this thread is open to all Nokia Android users from Nokia 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 6.1, 7, 7 plus, 8, 8 sirrocco, x6 and all of them.
I'm using the Nokia 7 plus and as far as I can say, the phone issa beast.
HMD global is really doing great with the devices they put out, we get solid , durable , and pure Android devices with updates flying in like mosquitoes in the night. Lol.

Yea i support its times for us to have our own thread.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NicestDude: 8:06am On Jun 01, 2018
RZArecta2:
I've been reading reviews online trying to make my choice on a new phone especially around the Nokia series and I came across complaints by some people that say Nokia android phones are trash , camera quality is like cheap chinko phones and other scary problems. What's really your opinion and advice concerning Nokia android or should I still stick with my trusty Windows Phone that's never let me down ? Thanks

The camera is not trash.. I will post some pictures I took with mine. It all boils down to your budget though and personally, I like Android better than windows devices...

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NicestDude: 8:08am On Jun 01, 2018
Jaymaxxy:

Nice!

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NicestDude: 8:09am On Jun 01, 2018
Jaymaxxy:

Nokia 6 battery is very nice. The phone is fantastic in terms of performance too. Gaming on it is quit nice. I will just advice that you go for the 6.1 since it comes with Snapdragon 630 as opposed to the 430 on the Nokia 6.

Exactly. The 6.1 is a big upgrade to the 6.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by JasonSleek(m): 10:56am On Jun 01, 2018
RZArecta2:
Camera Trash?

Pictures taken on my Nokia 5

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Opistorincos(m): 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2018
JasonSleek:
Camera Trash?

Pictures taken on my Nokia 5

How did you get to take these amazaling pictures, I use the Nokia 5 too

4 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by JasonSleek(m): 3:13pm On Jun 01, 2018
Opistorincos:
Was really looking forward to creating a thread, i use the Nokia 5, sleek phone just that I feel it page and the metal back is a turn off as placing the phone on any flat surface scares the eff out of me
Haha, I can relate! But this phone is not fragile at all! I actually tried using it to crack open some nuts back at hometown in December and damn it served like a true hammer! It has been dropped hard on many occasions, soaked, electric shocked and showered and it's still kicking strong! Hell of a tough phone!

So love Nokia for this!

3 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by JasonSleek(m): 3:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
Opistorincos:

How did you get to take these amazaling pictures, I use the Nokia 5 too
I'm a photographer, Edited with the Snapseed app. You can find it on Google Play.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by JasonSleek(m): 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2018
Shot On Nokia 5

5 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NicestDude: 3:07am On Jun 02, 2018
Pictures from my Nokia 7 plus. (No edit)

3 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NicestDude: 3:08am On Jun 02, 2018
More

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NicestDude: 3:14am On Jun 02, 2018
Another one

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NicestDude: 3:16am On Jun 02, 2018
Yep

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NicestDude: 3:17am On Jun 02, 2018
M
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NicestDude: 3:19am On Jun 02, 2018
I love this one

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NicestDude: 3:23am On Jun 02, 2018
So I guess this pretty much covers the fact that the camera is not trash... Not even close
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Nobody: 3:38am On Jun 02, 2018
NicestDude:

The camera is not trash.. I will post some pictures I took with mine. It all boils down to your budget though and personally, I like Android better than windows devices...
Same here bro. Just imagine if they had gone with the crowd and installed android on those windows devices of back then but No! They decided to stick to their now dead Windows phone OS.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Nobody: 3:38am On Jun 02, 2018
NicestDude:
More
Bro pls blur out that car number plate.
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NicestDude: 11:53am On Jun 02, 2018
Ok... BTW it's a random car at church though
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by NicestDude: 9:42am On Jun 06, 2018
I've been away for a while now because of this PUBG game. It's really addictive. Anyways who knows when Android P will be officially out?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (127) (Reply)

Prices Of Tecno Android Phones In Nigeria / 10 Types Of Smartphone Displays, Touchscreens / LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.