Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,803 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

The Mysticism Of Epe And Military Take Off - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Mysticism Of Epe And Military Take Off (1193 Views)

History Of Odonla Town In Epe Local Government / Plots Of Land For Sale At Ketu-epe, Lagos / Epe Kingdom, Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mysticism Of Epe And Military Take Off by makizee(m): 8:47pm On May 30, 2018
I am not sure if this is the right section for this but since news came in of the Nigerian opening up a base in Epe, i have been digging the internet to find out more on the famed story of how they fled from Epe sometime in the 80's or early 90's when the Indigenes showed them " The gods are mightier than the guns"
shocked shocked

The Lagos State University Epe campus sits on a former Military Cantonment, with scenic views of the Lekki Lagoon. The story goes thus : Military men were in the habit of opressing the indigenes , doing and undo because they were armed against a mostly farmer/fishermen community...They were also stories of females being sexually assaulted by the soldier boys and after series of complaints to the military authority, their menace just seemed to increase...That was when the indigenes and their Oba took matters into their own hands.

Africa Magic things cool

It was said that the Indigenes told the Military to vacate Epe and never come back and as expected, they called their bluff bit soon after ..Military men in the base started to die mysteriously like flies in a smoke filled room, No one had to convince them to do the needful.

Any student of LASU Epe campus must have heard this story, it is one Epe folks say with some pride. If you have heard this story too, pls share...I couldn't find anything on it on the internet.

I just hope they behave this time that Buratai and Ambode opened another base (in a more remote area though)

I miss that town die !

5 Likes

Re: The Mysticism Of Epe And Military Take Off by George28(m): 11:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
Legend has it that the soldiers killed a masquerade then the powerful people of Epe connived together and performed a ritual in the middle of the night few days later soldiers started dying in numbers

3 Likes

Re: The Mysticism Of Epe And Military Take Off by oginga: 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
@ OP, its true not a story. The shrine and exact spot where Afro Science was invoked is still very much in existence till this minute. As a matter of fact I know one of the chiefpriest who is now in his 50,s.

That's all I can say, other info's withheld!!!.

Don't joke with that town unless you want to run without directon ๐Ÿ˜€.

1 Like

Re: The Mysticism Of Epe And Military Take Off by Olu317(m): 2:25pm On Mar 02, 2023
oginga:
@ OP, its true not a story. The shrine and exact spot where Afro Science was invoked is still very much in existence till this minute. As a matter of fact I know one of the chiefpriest who is now in his 50,s.

That's all I can say, other info's withheld!!!.

Don't joke with that town unless you want to run without directon ๐Ÿ˜€.

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Amotekun Training: Masquerade Remain Unburnt As They Douse It With Fuel (video). / More Evidence That Igbos Are Descendants Of Abraham / Whatโ€™s The Difference Between Ethnic Groups And Tribes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.