Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,018 members, 7,806,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World (13364 Views)

UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best / UI Ranked 1st And Lautech 14th Best Universities In Nigeria - Webometric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by emmyw(m): 6:15am On May 31, 2018
University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World | The University of Ibadan has been ranked among the top 1,000 universities in the world. The university is currently ranked 991st in the world and 14th in Africa.

This was  according to the 2018/19 edition of the global rankings released by the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR).

University of Ibadan happens to be the only university in Nigeria that made it to the list.

Universities from other African countries also made it to the list.  Seven universities from South Africa, four from Egypt, and one each from Uganda and Tunisia.

Harvard University, United States, is ranked the number one for the 7th consecutive time while Stanford University, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, both in the U.S, are ranked second and third respectively.

University of Cambridge, U.K, is ranked fourth, while University of Oxford, also in the U.K, is ranked fifth. Among the top 10 universities are University of California, Berkeley, U.S (sixth); Princeton University, U.S (seventh); Columbia University, U.S (eighth); California Institute of Technology, U.S (ninth); and the University of Chicago, U.S (10th).

CC: Lalasticala

Source: https://www.ngschoolz.com/ui-ranked-among-1000-top-universities-in-the-world/

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by adebayour26: 7:03am On May 31, 2018
Thank God we fi ally have a Nigerian University making it to the list.

FTC grin

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:17am On May 31, 2018
The first among the rest!!

#RESPECT

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by AnonymousIP: 7:17am On May 31, 2018
grin grin

Also Check The "2018 NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY RANKING"

Because i Can See The University of Ibadan is Not the Best In Nigeria ....

Neither is it the 2nd ...

See Full List Here : https://www.4icu.org/ng/

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 7:17am On May 31, 2018
This can't be true na....

What of all those schools where they pay Millions and Millions of Naira to study?

E come be UI wey 4 years School Fees + Accommodation + Feeding no reach 1 semester school fees for Babcock! grin grin

Warning! This VIDEO!!!! Leaked Online and Got The Lady Sacked From Her Job...!!

5 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by Nobody: 7:18am On May 31, 2018
Okay... we have heard

So we should fry akara?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by Nobody: 7:18am On May 31, 2018
Dear on arrival angry

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by luvcherish(m): 7:19am On May 31, 2018
ITS ANOTHER GREAT DAY
Whatever ur belief is , i think its a joyful thing withnessing another day break

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by NwaAmaikpe: 7:19am On May 31, 2018
shocked

I have met lots of University of Ibadan graduates but not once have I been given any reason why I should place them higher than Auchi Polytechnic graduates.

University of Ibadan is sadly overrated and gone are the days her graduates were employable.
If you think I'm lying ask any UI graduate you know to pronounce the word "her", they'd definitely pronounce it as "Ah".

41 Likes 11 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by obonujoker(m): 7:19am On May 31, 2018
Rubbish.... what about my school... Abia state poly angry
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by shilefan2(m): 7:22am On May 31, 2018
Nice one...We are gradually getting there...just a matter of time with loads of hardwork...Kudos to UI.

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by Dextre(m): 7:22am On May 31, 2018
What a shame!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by EzendiEgo1: 7:22am On May 31, 2018
Stupidity

How many heads 1-20 get

Shamelessly shameful Country

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by Paperwhite(m): 7:23am On May 31, 2018
What a miserable record for Nigeria there! UI even occupying the bottom line undecided Even SA have 4 of its univ.on the ranking.
Why will our UI, UNN, UniLag,etc perform when the govt.kept bastardizing our educational institutions with unserious attitude?

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by emmyw(m): 7:28am On May 31, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I have met lots of University of Ibadan graduates but not once have I been given any reason why I should place them higher than Auchi Polytechnic graduates.
What's Your Point Now?

9 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by Primusinterpares(m): 7:29am On May 31, 2018
This is quite commendable... but what's the effect of the position on the Nigerian nation? how many of their researches has made life better for the average Nigerian man?
Name and Position are not enough... we need results
#my2kobo
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by MotorGuru: 7:29am On May 31, 2018
Finally.
Proudly an EX Uite!

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by ensamy(m): 7:29am On May 31, 2018
What of Abia state university ABSU. Which rank we dey shocked shocked
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by Nobody: 7:30am On May 31, 2018
That means it has dropped in the ranking. Earlier this year UI was the in 801st position, now 900. That's not good news. See the earlier thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/4464886/university-ibadan-ranked-among-worlds#66908136s.

5 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by blingxx(m): 7:30am On May 31, 2018
obonujoker:
Rubbish.... what about my school... Abia state poly angry

u must be on codeine diet or something grin.. abia state poly ko abia secondary school ni

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by Nobody: 7:33am On May 31, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sorry ehn, tell them to put auchi polythecnic instead so because a school is ranked the best all thier product must be the best

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by abbaapple: 7:33am On May 31, 2018
angry

Affonja Uni No no no no! The brown roof state Taaaaa!!! lipsrsealed
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by SoapQueen(f): 7:35am On May 31, 2018
Yassssss#proud alumna
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by princeade86(m): 7:35am On May 31, 2018
I doubt d standard of ui. but they may have way of rating them.
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by contigiency(m): 7:37am On May 31, 2018
This ranking of a thing is beginning to look doubtful. Harvard university is number one, no problem. Just that when I look back and remember that our own Okonjo Iweala was trained there, yet she left our economy in tatters to the extent that the country was borrowing just to pay salaries, 27 out of 36 states could not pay salaries. All our saving buffers like; the foreign reserve, the excess crude account were equally depleted. Even the souvreign wealth fund did not record enough inflows that will sustain it. And all those things happened under her supervision at a time of plenty in the country. Not to talk of other fiscal policy imbalance. Even judging from outside, I can not even chose her ahead of any of these ones; Soludo, pat Utomi, Sanusi, Adesun and Emefela. Even though all of them except Adesun were trained here in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by anigold(m): 7:37am On May 31, 2018
emmyw:
University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World | The University of Ibadan has been ranked among the top 1,000 universities in the world. The university is currently ranked 991st in the world and 14th in Africa.

This was  according to the 2018/19 edition of the global rankings released by the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR).

University of Ibadan happens to be the only university in Nigeria that made it to the list.

Universities from other African countries also made it to the list.  Seven universities from South Africa, four from Egypt, and one each from Uganda and Tunisia.

Harvard University, United States, is ranked the number one for the 7th consecutive time while Stanford University, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, both in the U.S, are ranked second and third respectively.

University of Cambridge, U.K, is ranked fourth, while University of Oxford, also in the U.K, is ranked fifth. Among the top 10 universities are University of California, Berkeley, U.S (sixth); Princeton University, U.S (seventh); Columbia University, U.S (eighth); California Institute of Technology, U.S (ninth); and the University of Chicago, U.S (10th).

CC: Lalasticala

Source: https://www.ngschoolz.com/ui-ranked-among-1000-top-universities-in-the-world/
when are we going to be ranked even 500.. lol..that's shows us the terrible state of our country....if UI is ranked 991st then my school unical will be ranked 12,500th..

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by Saintsquare(m): 7:38am On May 31, 2018
some people will have headache now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

16 Ogun Students In Detention For Destroying School Property, Parents Protest / Technical Drawing Past Questions And Answers / Which Nursing School Is Presently Admitting Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.