Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Drake Finally Responds To Pusha T’s Diss Track With A Statement - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Drake Finally Responds To Pusha T’s Diss Track With A Statement (531 Views)

Canadian Rapper Drake Finally Reacts To #endsars / Peruzzi Finally Responds To The Allegations Made Against Him By Mr Patrick / Rapper, Drake Finally Meets Davido In The UK (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drake Finally Responds To Pusha T’s Diss Track With A Statement by Nobody: 6:23am On May 31, 2018
The world has been waiting with baited breath for Drake’s response to the epically scalding Pusha-T diss track ‘The Story of Adidon’. And now finally, the Canadian rapper, who was called out for “hiding a child” and whose parents and best friend were both targeted in the track, has released a statement defending…. the cover art of himself in blackface.

In a screenshot of what appears to be an Apple notes document posted to his Instagram story the rapper writes, “I know everyone is enjoying the circus but I want to clarify this image in question. This was not from a clothing brand shoot or my music career. This picture is from 2007, a time in my life where I was an actor and I was working on a project that was about young black actors stuggling to get roles, being stereotyped and type cast. The photos represented how African Americans were once wrongully portrayed in entertainment. Me and my best friend at the time Mazin Elsadig who is also an actor from Sudan were attempting to use our voice to bring awareness to the issues we dealth with all the time as black actors at auditions. This was to highlight and raise our frustrations with not always getting a fair chance in the industry and to make a point that the struggle for black actors had not changed much.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjbR9kEgtVf/

Source: http://mandynews.com/2018/05/31/drake-finally-responds-to-pusha-t/

Re: Drake Finally Responds To Pusha T’s Diss Track With A Statement by Agadsman(m): 7:19am On May 31, 2018
Damage control.
Re: Drake Finally Responds To Pusha T’s Diss Track With A Statement by Nobody: 8:01am On May 31, 2018
One day the Owls will fly again.

Now, they just have to cry through the beating.
Re: Drake Finally Responds To Pusha T’s Diss Track With A Statement by Snow02: 8:03am On May 31, 2018
shut up and drop a response diss track pusha t winning right now

(1) (Reply)

Alaafin, Olubadan, Oluwo Attend Saheed Osupa’s Ramadan Lecture / Rapper Mi Pictured With Donald Duke / DMW Boss Davido Looks Dapper In New Photo Shot(see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.