Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract (15902 Views)

Lazio Appointed Maurizio Sarri As Their New Manager On A Two-year Contract / Frank Lampard Purchases 209 Beers,75 Jagermeisters, 65 Vodka For His Team / OFFICIAL: Man Utd Appoint Solskjaer As Permanent Manager On A 3-year Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by naijapage(f): 9:25am On May 31, 2018
@APROKOGIRL

Frank Lampard has been named as Derby County’s new manager after signing a three-year deal at Pride Park.

The former Chelsea and England midfielder has been looking to take his first step into management and confirmed over the weekend that he had been talking with officials at Derby. The East Midlands club, who lost to Fulham in the Championship play-off semi-finals, have been without a manager since Gary Rowett left to take over at Stoke City last week but have now confirmed the 39-year-old’s appointment.

Frank Lampard: ‘I’ve hardly kicked a ball since I finished and I’ve got no craving to’
Read more
Lampard told Derby’s website: “I’ve always wanted to manage a club with a big tradition and history like Derby County, so this is a huge opportunity. I have spent considerable time discussing the role and the club’s objectives with the chairman and board members.

“We want to build on the club’s top-six finish in the Championship last season, while at the same time bringing through some of the excellent youth and academy talent we have at Pride Park.

“This is my first job as a manager, but I’ve worked closely with some of the best coaches in the game and I’m confident in my own abilities and those of the team around me, including the board. I know it won’t be easy – managing a football team never is – but I’m really looking forward to the challenge ahead.”

Shared Via Instgram With Caption ..

I’m excited to confirm my first move into management with @dcfcofficial , a club with such huge tradition and history.

Lampard retired as a player in 2016 after a spell at New York City. He started his career at West Ham and, either side of his long period with Chelsea, had stints with Swansea City (on loan) and Manchester City. He made 106 appearances for England.

Derby’s executive chairman, Mel Morris, said: “His passion and humility shone through in equal measure. The board were unanimous that he was the stand-out applicant with many highly desirable and unique capabilities.

“Few players have achieved what Frank has in his career to date. He’s a winner, a leader who knows what it takes to succeed and who has the character and charisma to be a fantastic manager for us.”

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/9160/frank-lampard-appointed-as-derbys-manager-on-three-year-contract-read-more/

cc; lalasticlala

19 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by naijapage(f): 9:25am On May 31, 2018
Congrats Sir ..

6 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by darkenkach(m): 9:57am On May 31, 2018
Lampard is a ram..

2 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by Tracypacy(f): 11:53am On May 31, 2018
The most amount of goals Frank Lampard scored in single Premier League game was back in March 2008 against Derby County (4 v Aston Villa)-JoeOpta
His first course of action will be teaching his midfielders how to score via severely deflected shots

12 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by chillychill(f): 11:55am On May 31, 2018
Derby county shocked angry
Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by nelxxy(m): 11:55am On May 31, 2018
We all know na three months job. They soon sack him
Erm mmm

8 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by Nobody: 11:55am On May 31, 2018
a true blue legend

2 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by Nobody: 11:55am On May 31, 2018
The biggest winner in all of this will be Derby midfielders.
Their goal returns will surely increase next season.

Derby over 2.5 next season.
Gbera

2 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by YoungKeem(m): 11:56am On May 31, 2018
Lets see how it goes... Good luck to him

1 Like

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by Houseofglam7(f): 11:57am On May 31, 2018
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by AustineCJ: 11:57am On May 31, 2018
new era has began.... the likes of Guadiola,Zidane,Emery r quite lucky to have started with big clubs.... we saw how Naville, Seedoff couldn't make much out of Real socieded n AC Milan respectively, let's see Lampard n Gerrard.... what they can do.

1 Like

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by idu1(m): 11:57am On May 31, 2018
nelxxy:
We all know na three months job. They soon sack him
Erm mmm
Don't be ridiculous.

I'm happy for him.
Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by Didi2d(m): 11:58am On May 31, 2018
Chai!!!

I love this guy, whenever he raises his hands up after scoring gives me this inner joy.

3 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by babyfaceafrica: 11:58am On May 31, 2018
So we should boil yam?
Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by Lagbaja01(m): 11:58am On May 31, 2018
Up Blues!

FREE TUTORIAL FOR ANDROID USERS

If you are regular internet user, you do not have to worry about monthly subcription fee anymore as long as you are willing to work with me on a simple task.

TASK REQUIREMENTS
- Android device (phone or tab)
- Two emails & two phone number
- you must currently have active sub on your phone
- task requires less than 10mb of your data in a month
- less than 3 minutes of your time every day.

NB: 1. YOU ARE NOT INVESTING ANY MONEY HERE AND I AM NOT SELLING ANY EBOOK/PRODUCT TO YOU AS SOME ARE FOND OF DOING, THEREFORE FOLLOW THE REGISTRATION PROCEDURES ACCORDINGLY.

2. ALL THAT IS NEEDED IS SIGN UP AND DOWNLOAD AN APP THAT IS LESS THAN 13MB, LOGIN TO THE APP AND MAKE SURE THE APP IS CONNECTED WHENEVER YOU PUT YOUR DATA ON

3. THIS IS NOT A GET RICH SCHEME BUT SOMETHING THAT CAN FOOT YOUR MONTHLY DATA SUB OF N1000.

4. I WON'T WELCOME ANY IRRELEVANT QUESTION/ DOUBT AS THE TASK DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY MONETRY INVOLVEMENT OR YOUR FINANCIAL DETAILS...

if you have the above requirements, chat me up on my whatsapp number 0.8.1.5.7.3.4.3.6.9.9

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by freemanbubble: 11:58am On May 31, 2018
isoright
Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by Nobody: 11:59am On May 31, 2018
This is good!!

2 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 31, 2018
Chelsea' future coach.

BTW, where is John Terry?

1 Like

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by Paperwhite(m): 12:01pm On May 31, 2018
Wishing you a nice coaching career Lampard. smiley Time to groom others.
Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by nabegibeg: 12:02pm On May 31, 2018
naijapage:
@APROKOGIRL

Frank Lampard has been named as Derby County’s new manager after signing a three-year deal at Pride Park.

The former Chelsea and England midfielder has been looking to take his first step into management and confirmed over the weekend that he had been talking with officials at Derby. The East Midlands club, who lost to Fulham in the Championship play-off semi-finals, have been without a manager since Gary Rowett left to take over at Stoke City last week but have now confirmed the 39-year-old’s appointment.

Frank Lampard: ‘I’ve hardly kicked a ball since I finished and I’ve got no craving to’
Read more
Lampard told Derby’s website: “I’ve always wanted to manage a club with a big tradition and history like Derby County, so this is a huge opportunity. I have spent considerable time discussing the role and the club’s objectives with the chairman and board members.

“We want to build on the club’s top-six finish in the Championship last season, while at the same time bringing through some of the excellent youth and academy talent we have at Pride Park.

“This is my first job as a manager, but I’ve worked closely with some of the best coaches in the game and I’m confident in my own abilities and those of the team around me, including the board. I know it won’t be easy – managing a football team never is – but I’m really looking forward to the challenge ahead.”

Shared Via Instgram With Caption ..

Lampard retired as a player in 2016 after a spell at New York City. He started his career at West Ham and, either side of his long period with Chelsea, had stints with Swansea City (on loan) and Manchester City. He made 106 appearances for England.

Derby’s executive chairman, Mel Morris, said: “His passion and humility shone through in equal measure. The board were unanimous that he was the stand-out applicant with many highly desirable and unique capabilities.

“Few players have achieved what Frank has in his career to date. He’s a winner, a leader who knows what it takes to succeed and who has the character and charisma to be a fantastic manager for us.”

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/9160/frank-lampard-appointed-as-derbys-manager-on-three-year-contract-read-more/

cc; lalasticlala

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by oloriLFC(f): 12:04pm On May 31, 2018
Just As Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager
Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by dominique(f): 12:08pm On May 31, 2018
Not as juicy as Steven Gerrard's juicy appointment. Meanwhile grandpa John Terry is still looking for the next lower division league to play in while his mates are bagging managerial roles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by einsteine(m): 12:09pm On May 31, 2018
oloriLFC:
Just As Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager

He has called a press conference doesnt mean he has resigned.

Edit: Confirmed. He has resigned. Weird.
Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by Wellets50(m): 12:12pm On May 31, 2018
Congratulations Mr Frank Lampard.Arsenal. man u.city and Liverpool fans .will not like the news at all...let them take it easy...
Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by Pearlyakin(m): 12:12pm On May 31, 2018
When will they appoint Didier Drogba ?
Re: Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract by ufuosman(m): 12:14pm On May 31, 2018
Congrats to him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Receives Donation From Iheanacho / Nigeria Vs Ghana Up To Date Football Record. / African Games: Nigeria Maintains Second Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.