Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager (51602 Views)

Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ / Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down / See What Solari Is Saying About Resigning As Real Madrid Manager After 4– 1 Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Yhemit(m): 4:20pm On May 31, 2018
guru90:

Please, if u are dreaming kindly woke up!!!! Arsene Wenger for which club?

please, let it be joke ooooooooooooooooooooooooh
loolz....
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 31, 2018
Tracypacy:
In 3 seasons this is what Zidane has achieved:
149 Games / 104 Wins
8 Finals
8 Wins
3 UCL
2 FIFA Club World Cup
2 UEFA Super Cup
1 La Liga
1 Supercopa De España
First manager in HISTORY to win 3 UCL consecutive.
- 3 consecutive UCLs (record)
- 9 trophies (2nd best)
- 40 games unbeaten (record)
- Never lost a UCL Knock Out tie in 3 full campaigns
- FIRST Real Madrid manager under Florentino Perez to actually leave Florentino Perez before being fired When the ovation is loudest you step down.
Zinédine Zidane has already won 3 Champions league, more than these 3 men in their entire career:
2 Pep Guardiola
2 Jose Mourinho
2 Sir Alex Fergusson
It dawned on Zidane that it would be humanly impossible for him to surpass the standards he has set in world football, so it's only natural he leaves when the ovation is loudest. He has separated himself from the rest of the pretenders. He has nothing left to win, to prove. Some other coaches who I cannot mention for legal reasons did a Mugabe grin

This table you're shaking has Wenger on itgrin grin

4 Likes

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 31, 2018
Centrallock:
your one of those self made journalist because u have an Internet connection and a phone..
There is a huge problem at Madrid camp
REAL MADRID have dropped their biggest hint yet that Cristiano Ronaldo is leaving in the summer transfer window.
Ronaldo, 33, is the only player in the first-team squad to not have his image featured in the online club shop, sparking fresh speculation.

Cristiano Ronaldo's face does not feature on the Real Madrid club shop website
REAL MADRID
Cristiano Ronaldo’s face does not feature on the Real Madrid club shop website
While 23 players and Zinedine Zidane all pose in the new Real Madrid jersey on the website, Ronaldo merely has his name and number… with no picture.

CR7 also failed to make a single appearance in Madrid’s new kit unveiling, while fellow potential mover Gareth Bale did feature
Source https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6402619/real-madrid-biggest-hint-cristiano-ronaldo-leaving/amp/

They later explained that the reason is because CR7 has an exclusive deal with Nike so using his pictures for an Adidas sponsored ad has legal implications. Y'all should wait to see him leave the club first before speculating upandan

1 Like

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by magzey: 4:54pm On May 31, 2018
Good move in the right Direction.Hala Madrid ,thank you Zizou
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Tracypacy(f): 5:32pm On May 31, 2018
grin
skarlett:

This table you're shaking has Wenger on itgrin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I no call name o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Xkalaban(m): 5:44pm On May 31, 2018
The only part of Real Madrid I like has left. It's a win-win fi me I say.....

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Bianda24: 6:11pm On May 31, 2018
That is wisdom, he is leaving when the ovation is loudest.
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Paulpeterparker: 6:48pm On May 31, 2018
[quote author=FLYFIRE post=68049566]SACKED. They DID NOT deserve the CL & have been P.OO in Spain. They have played the WORST football under ZZ. Because of the players, any coach can handle RM or Barca. These teams become bad when they get a bad coach like Zidane.[/quot

my brother receive sense in Jesus name....... Amen

1 Like

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by tete7000(m): 7:53pm On May 31, 2018
zuma4k:
I respect your opinion, however, even the man himself in subsequent times must concur to the view that he probably overstayed his welcome.
The man never said he overstayed. He had a contract and wished to see it to the end. He always emphasised that. The fans became restless and out of respect to them and the club he loves, he left. He always insisted he did his best at all times. At a point the club needed someone to manage in a period of financial difficulty, he was there. He built a stadium, he got loud ovation on his exit to the point that he said from all he has heard people said of him, he already heard what will be mentioned at his funeral. He went to old Trafford Ferguson had an award for him. So how was his reputation spoilt when he received such accolades?Do you have your reputation tainted and people applauded you? Do you have your reputation spoilt and people are willing to offer you expensive job? How do you say someone reputation is tainted when he is giving honour of leaving rather than get sacked. 'Almighty garrulous' Mourinho despite his winning record was sacked halfway into the session on his second stint at Chelsea. Wenger is one coach in a million, a man with impeccable and honest reputation. He stood for what he believes in. To be respected in life you don't need to follow popular opinion. Living is not only about medals, it is about building a legacy, dearing sometimes to be different, to stand apart from the crowd. It is about building people up which Wenger did excellently well. Ask former players, many hasve something good and positive to say about heir encounters with him. He gave young players chance, he built them up.People like Mourinho couldn't fathom why despite winning all trophies he has won, he isn't given the kind of respect Wenger is shown. That's why he tried all the time to spit at the man, but the man remained unruffled. He kept doing his own things. Only after people exit a stage is their worth known. Let see how many trophies arsenal wins from now on.
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by jozz(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2018
Tracypacy:
In 3 seasons this is what Zidane has achieved:
149 Games / 104 Wins
8 Finals
8 Wins
3 UCL
2 FIFA Club World Cup
2 UEFA Super Cup
1 La Liga
1 Supercopa De España
First manager in HISTORY to win 3 UCL consecutive.
- 3 consecutive UCLs (record)
- 9 trophies (2nd best)
- 40 games unbeaten (record)
- Never lost a UCL Knock Out tie in 3 full campaigns
- FIRST Real Madrid manager under Florentino Perez to actually leave Florentino Perez before being fired When the ovation is loudest you step down.
Zinédine Zidane has already won 3 Champions league, more than these 3 men in their entire career:
2 Pep Guardiola
2 Jose Mourinho
2 Sir Alex Fergusson
Zinedine Zidane. Won every trophy - both club and individual, at Real Madrid. Retired, joined the back room staff, came back as a manager Won 10 trophies including 3 consecutive Champions League titles. Then resigned and left as a legend with his legacy intact. What a man!!!!!!!!
It dawned on Zidane that it would be humanly impossible for him to surpass the standards he has set in world football, so it's only natural he leaves when the ovation is loudest. He has separated himself from the rest of the pretenders. He has nothing left to win, to prove. Some other coaches who I cannot mention for legal reasons did a Mugabe grin

Don't fink so.Honestly though am not Madrid fan but I don't see who can beat them in champions league yet. He should have stayed.
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Brushless: 8:45pm On May 31, 2018
Whogoblog:
lipsrsealed

See How Real Madrid Players are Reacting to the New ....

See How Bale and Ronald Reacted .. click here https://aprokogirl.com/9279/zinedine-zidane-resigns-as-real-madrid-boss-read-more/
The man is so loved and respected by his boys!
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 31, 2018
uzoma213:

Ronaldo didn't feature in the kit launch because he is on a deal with Nike and madrids Jersey is made by Adidas..

has he not been posting on it like that before

Why is this one now different
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by BnAbdulaziz(m): 10:12pm On May 31, 2018
Bon voyage
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by theDEVILisHERE: 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2018
zuma4k:
If only Arsene had chosen this wise path a decade ago... He might have salvaged his reputation. Zizou took the best decision leaving when the ovation is loudest!.. Kudos to him and best of luck in his future endeavors.

If u have never failed, you have never 'truly' succeeded

A true champion must experience failure

Failure is your real test not success

The judgement is in the heart

Deep down you know you have not been tested, you have not really proven yourself to yourself cause u can only do that when u have been tested with failure
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by theDEVILisHERE: 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2018
AustineCJ:
feel like crying..... you made me join Real Madrid 2006 after watching Brazil vs Frances n repeatedly asked my dad who is these player n which club side does he play for, I joined Real Madrid n you retired as a players I was sad though I forgave you... you gave me one of my happiest moment just few days back n today you r making me cry again.... I know nothing last forever but at least zizu....we love you so much for the great history achieved, I will always fan whichever club you decide to coach again, but surely I know you will come back to Madrid again.... hala Madrid. they should appoint Ramos coach pls.

if u didn't watch Real Madrid 98-2003 then u missed the 'Real' real madrid
Redondo, Raul, Carlos, figo, Zidane showed their best football during that time frame

They played entertaining style superior to tiki-taka boring stuff Spanish teams play now
Matter of fact if you didn't watch football pre 2007 then u missed the real football

Real Madrid now tho winning play shitt, very scrappy
Teams are so bland now

1 Like

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by theDEVILisHERE: 7:30pm On Jun 01, 2018
Viergeachar:

Maybe maybe not.
But for now it seems impossible.
My point is that, it's not just about winning 3 champions leagues but winning them with the same club back to back.

Wining records are broken constantly
That record might be broken within the next few yrs
With this modern football such is more possible than impossible
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by theDEVILisHERE: 7:39pm On Jun 01, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

I still wonder why people keep saying Arsene Wenger's reputation went bad. The man tried and I will never blam him because, after 2006 champions league final, Arsenal board started cutting their expenses to settle the debts of their Emirate stadium. Despite the low budget he got, he still got to champions league semi-final in 2009. Won FA cup with little budget. The problem of Arsenal is not Wenger but board, the board members don't care about trophies but profits.

The average person is shortsighted and impatient, not willing to think for his/herself but just follow the herd

If he wasn't doing what the board wants wouldn't they sacked him since
The man is loyal and was willing to take the fall for the peoples shortcomings
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by zeecares: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2018
So so
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by irokomike: 9:51am On Jul 03, 2018
Getting tired of being idle. I got my business plan, got some needed fixed capital from my NYSC savings... Now I need #160,000 to get started and no one is ready to help. Please, help give life to a brother.... Access account : Oluwatosin Michael Irokotola 0731240735. Looking up to God. Nowhere else to turn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obafemi Martins Shows Off The Interior Of His House As He Nurses Knee Injury(pho / Lionel Messi Ignored Mauricio Pochettino's Handshake After Being Substituted. / Etim Esin Acquires 2015 Range Rover(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.