Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,160 members, 7,807,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Top 3 Reasons People Go Broke Before Month End - How To Avoid It - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 3 Reasons People Go Broke Before Month End - How To Avoid It (23467 Views)

3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour / Top 3 Reasons People Go Broke Before Month End - How To Avoid It / Career Tips: The 5 Reasons People Give Up On Their Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Top 3 Reasons People Go Broke Before Month End - How To Avoid It by Zealous2710(m): 10:34pm On Jun 02, 2018
Playing bet... embarassedPlaying bet...
Re: Top 3 Reasons People Go Broke Before Month End - How To Avoid It by moemindz: 11:43am On Jun 04, 2018
youngwarrior:
Why do people who make a decent earning go broke? Why do people work so hard and yet come down to nothing just a few days after the months pay? Here are a few reasons and how to reverse this trend for yourself starting today.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-csSivgueWC8/Wvr3HBN9scI/AAAAAAAAALU/yEAzgNQ_F4c3Q_tVzfoa1vRWRXUX3ByTgCLcBGAs/s320/stop%2Bbeing%2Bbroke.jpg[/img]

1. Inability to Differentiate between Needs & Wants

Yes, you've got to live a good life but the ability to differentiate per time what is a need and want will keep you from carrying an empty pocket and ending in desperation and debt. Needs are those things you cannot do without. For instance because the nature of my work, I cannot do without power and have to spend money on generating power when there is an outage. That is a need.

Wants are those things you'd love to have but do not make any significant difference in your life. For instance, if you have 2 pairs of shoes, getting an extra pair because you have a weekend ball is a want.

Surprisingly, a lot of people focus on their wants and look for means to satisfy the desire for these wants and end up overspending every single month. The result is a dry pocket. Differentiate between your needs and your wants and work hard not to satisfy your needs unless you genuinely have extra left to cater for it.

2. Depending on one source of Income

Creating a passive income is one of the ways to avoid going broke. But many people prefer spending money on several things that won’t put money into their pockets.

I know a business you can start with just 2k, but you need to learn the tactics to make money from it. But people would rather invest in things like partying and buying shoes and all.

One of the reasons why we invest is to prevent a dry pocket. The problem, however, is trying to invest in the overview of a quick turnover. Work at investing a certain percentage of your income every month on a long-term asset or a long-term investment programme that can work for your over time. For instance, investing in real estate every month, little by little is one great investment idea I love personally.

3. Ignoring Savings

It is very difficult to pull money together and takes a great deal of discipline to achieve. It is however very easy to blow it all off in just one moment of spending "madness"

First, work at your savings. Cut your expenses starting from now to allow you save at least 10% of your income every month. Just put it aside and forget it. If you save 10,000 Naira per month, you will have 120,000 Naira in a year, which is better than having nothing. The good news about having a careful savings culture is that after just 6months of doing it, you will begin to feel more confident, have more peace and less anxiety about tomorrow and you will know you have something to fall back on.

Another great advantage is that each time you save some more, you will watch your account grow a little more and this gets you ready for bigger opportunities. For instance, you can decide to buy a house after 5years, become a landlord, earn rent from your property while you still continue to work, save and make more money from property rentals.

Practice these 3 steps on a continual basis and you will gradually discover that you will stop getting broke, live a happier, less stressful life and in time move from a dry pocket to a fat bank account. If you need a passive idea that pays, you can check out this business idea that pays me.

See Source for More

Summarily,

The PARKINSON RULE explains this..................

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / Should I Reveal My Salary Status?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.