Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? (7785 Views)

Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services / Developers And Webmasters, How Do You Make Your Purchases Online? / Larger Market For Web Developers And Techies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 3:12am On Jun 01, 2018
i see a lot of responses to post by developers and they always share a link to their websites, saying "see OUR jobs"... or call "US" on... why?!

they clearly don't own a company... and only use wordpress. is it the way to make them look good?! serious!? or what!?

i just makes me laugh a lot.

Please, i am a web programmer. i work for myself, and i m very good. let me show you what i have done in the past, and currently working on.

I think that is more personal and less distant than the "we" and "us" cards.

cheers.

6 Likes

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by SOFTENGR: 3:43am On Jun 01, 2018
Clap for your self!

8 Likes

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by yomalex(m): 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
I don't even know what to type.

You can start clapping for yourself all over again

16 Likes

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 5:44am On Jun 03, 2018
yes sir���
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by bmxshop: 7:43am On Jun 03, 2018
Show me.
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:43am On Jun 03, 2018
roaringlamb01:
i see a lot of responses to post by developers and they always share a link to their websites, saying "see OUR jobs"... or call "US" on... why?!

they clearly don't own a company... and only use wordpress. is it the way to make them look good?! serious!? or what!?

i just makes me laugh a lot

Please, i am a web programmer. i work for myself, and i m very good. let me show you what i have done in the past, and currently working on.

cheers.
oga web programmer, pls correct yourself

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 03, 2018
I'm also guilty of this. At the top right corner of my WordPress blog is the 'CONTACT US' link but if you dial the number, na my infinix phone go ring ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by SleakBuzzPR: 7:43am On Jun 03, 2018
We have worked with Multinationals and expatriates.

We are a team of seasoned and onioned professionals.

We deliver great work and meet contractual deadlines like kilode.

Whereas, it's just one guy sitting in his father's house wearing boxer and singlet all day in front of one old rickety Acer laptop grin

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by dionysus7: 7:45am On Jun 03, 2018
dude you dont know and you cant tell for sure they're not a team...you cant make a conclusion based on assumption, you cant

7 Likes

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by bennymark(m): 7:46am On Jun 03, 2018
Every IT guru believes he is running a company and not freelance

"We" made for the whole company
"I'' name for freelancers

6 Likes

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by bennymark(m): 7:46am On Jun 03, 2018
Whether we or us, na make the alert enter

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Ellixlimswag(m): 7:46am On Jun 03, 2018
this early morning
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Richdad50(m): 7:47am On Jun 03, 2018
It's a CULT of young Fools parading themselves as programmers. Go and code Artificial Intelligence if you have mind. Mctweeeee!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by telim: 7:47am On Jun 03, 2018
Most of the web developers on this forum are Hungary developers with very little skill in web development.
There charges are very cheap but they endup spending huge amount of there meaning ful time on your project only to end up designing a shitty site.
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by affable4(m): 7:50am On Jun 03, 2018
Just keep wondering If it is a crime to dream big.

I would rather focus on the quality of jobs done than the pronoun anyone chooses to call himself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by dasauce(m): 7:50am On Jun 03, 2018
I don't understand what you tend to benefit from this hate thread..
I have a registered company with not less than 3 staffs working with me.
Every developer be it WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or Magento user must sound professional else Big firm won't notice you..
So if your ego has been deflated by one.. then hang it over with 1 LTR bottle of ABSOLUT Vodka..

17 Likes

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 03, 2018
Lol. Using 'We' instead of 'I' seems to give more credibility to a business. Like people would be more comfortable dealing with an established business that has employees than working with a freelancer imo.

14 Likes

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by MisterGrace: 7:52am On Jun 03, 2018
grin Especially all these WordPress demo editors.
Idiots forming developers.

When I decided to go into content management systems, I opted for drupal, magento and Joomla.

I build any website, I will still be the manager. cheesy

It is very painful how these demo editors are spoiling business for some.

For us, we are a team...

7 people coding and programming all day and all year.

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by afonja112: 7:53am On Jun 03, 2018
I saw someone's profile yesterday on Facebook, the developer claimed to have done so many jobs it will make your head spin, owns a company and all that.
But the gawddam website is uploaded to a free platform online - who does that?

And note, I am a developer too.

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 03, 2018
Richdad50:
It's a CULT of young Fools parading themselves as programmers. Go and code Artificial Intelligence if you have mind. Mctweeeee!!!!

That you might be a pro at coding AI isn't enough for you to call amateurs out there Fools. You were once like them, Fool.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by samfibby(m): 7:55am On Jun 03, 2018
Op, how old are you?

3 Likes

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Virtualaccounts: 7:56am On Jun 03, 2018
It's called packaging. Most customers are more comfortable and want to think that they're dealing with people rather than an "I" or a "me".

Okay, bye.
Visit us at www.virtualaccountant.ng

4 Likes

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Sanchez01: 7:57am On Jun 03, 2018
roaringlamb01:

cheers.
Lol. It better represents them professionally rathan 'I'. Besides, they might not have their company registered but they tend to see themselves as a business entity, rather than as individuals.

3 Likes

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by telim: 7:58am On Jun 03, 2018
How can I delete this space?
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by MisterGrace: 8:01am On Jun 03, 2018
afonja112:
I saw someone's profile yesterday on Facebook, the developer claimed to have done so many jobs it will make your head spin, owns a company and all that.
But the gawddam website is uploaded to a free platform online - who does that?

And note, I am a developer too.

Do you even know the difference between a web developer and designer at all?

Please send the links if some of your jobs to me. I might have one or two stuffs for you.

Please edited demo themes won't be considered.

2 Likes

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by VERDA: 8:08am On Jun 03, 2018
SleakBuzzPR:
We have worked with Multinationals and expatriates.

We are a team of seasoned and onioned professionals.

We deliver great work and meet contractual deadlines like kilode.

Whereas, it's just one guy sitting in his father's house wearing boxer and singlet all day in front of one old rickety Acer laptop grin

Lool......all na packaging my brother.

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by wizzyboy21: 8:09am On Jun 03, 2018
roaringlamb01:

cheers.

Now, see the kind mumu post that made it to front page. But i posted a very inspirational post about how to get your blog connected to adsense, it did not made it to front page. I sense some hormonal inbalance affecting those that moves posts to front page here.

Thats by the way, Just look at your statement "they clearly don't own a company... and only use wordpress." So do you mean that someone that uses wordpress cannot own a campany you must be very sick in the brain. They uses "we" bekos they know they are dreaming big becoming a company. And most contects and sections of a website demands the word "we" for it to sound mature.

Ewu!!! Just accept the fact that you dont know how to use wordpress. And if you want to learn wordpress, i teach you wordpress for N50,000
I have developed powerful websites with wordpress, ecommerce, forums, paid membership sites, social media sites, soccer live score sites.
Aturu, i have made upto 4million using wordpress in 2yres and my forum adsense is bringing nothing less than 200k every month and the earnings is increasing daily.

So, what have you achieved with your coding Nonsense!!!!!!!!1

Aboki, imagine grammar:
i just makes me laugh a lot. Mr sabi

8 Likes

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by WhiZTiM(m): 8:14am On Jun 03, 2018
Haha! This is so true

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New: Get Paid As An Editor And Post Author In This New Blog. / Forget SEO, Pay For Ads If You Have The Money / Design A Website Like Nairaland For N150,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.