Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Issues On Christian Movies. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Issues On Christian Movies. (1432 Views)

My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship / Best Nigerian Christian Movies Of All Time / Mike Bamiloye: Witchcraft Made Me Go Into Production Of Christian Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issues On Christian Movies. by spartan117(m): 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2018
Miraculou93:
And please there is no such thing as personal salvation race!!! Salvation is never a race oooo! It is a free gift authored and finished by Christ himself oooo! Please don't turn Christ's finished work to race oooo!!! Peace!
Salvation is a free gift from God as you said, I think using the word 'race' did not properly communicate the message i was trying to pass across. A proper rendering will be 'walk of salvation' just as apostle Paul advised the phillipian church

Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ).

So salvation is a free gift from God to us, but just like you would need to service and maintain the car someone gifted you, so you would need to "workout" your salvation just as apostle Paul advises. That's why jesus urges us to be a faithful watchman and put more oil in our lamps.
Re: Issues On Christian Movies. by fabre4: 8:23pm On Jun 01, 2018
bennyann:
Talking about Christian movies, I love them so much.
Some are: faith like potatoes, the encounter, a date with a total stranger, fireproof, war room, the love séries, a love letter to God, facing the giants, the pilgrim's journey, courageous and the likes.

Maybe some don't like it because they feel it's boring, they feel some extent of exagérations, they aren't Christians, they don't want anything to do with Christianity. Some are scared they will get converted or their consciences will be pricked and they can become restless. They might also feel it's a waste of their precious time since it won't gratify the desires of their flesh.

The love for God, to know more about Him can increase one's urge for Christian movies. I believe those in charge of the movies should be gifted from above to not only catch the attention of the believers but the very adamant unbelievers also. Catchy adverts can also help and playing the movie during a get together can be a success.

I believe Christian movies should be about what Christians can relate with, it should be motivating and should be in tandem with God's word. Most importantly, it should be inspired of God.

link for download
Re: Issues On Christian Movies. by Daviddson(m): 10:28pm On Jun 01, 2018
bennyann:

All I have to say here is Matt 16:24-26

24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?

And about the devil having any right, it depends first on God, then on the person.

I'm a believer in the sense that I know all that glitters isn't that of a Christian life here on earth. I have to make a conscious effort to continue my race in Christ daily.

So I'll leave it at that

Was joking jor. I was just wondering/guessing what part you detest. I'm sorry about that.

I never meant when one has sinned he should confess to the whole world. But if you've sinned against the whole world, you should let them know and ask for forgiveness.

E.g. The pastor committed adultery with a woman who no longer lives with her husband. He should have confessed to his wife but he didn't, he should have confessed to the woman's husband when he tried rejoining his wife but the pastor didn't. All that was needed was confession to those involved and asking for their forgiveness, he didn't. That pastor was so stubborn and so adamant.

The woman became pregnant for him, he still didn't confess but went on to encourage her into abortion. His wife was restless having revelations of nightmares yet he wasn't moved. The woman died after the abortion and the restlessness of her soul was revealed to the pastor's wife in a violent way yet he said nothing.

The man became prayerless and his home was prone to attacks... Ahn ahn

Do you know how many people his sin affected?

How then can a so called Christian secretly ask God for forgiveness and not confess it to those it affects. That's wickedness and God wouldn't take that as confession.

Matt 5:23 gives a reflection of how we should settle things when we have hurt someone and that's by making sure it is settled before you "bring your gifts to the altar". Matt 18:15-17 gave us more insight.

If you remember the movie, you would have understood what I meant when I said confess publicly.

I can't even remember if he asked God for forgiveness immediately or after God has broken every form of pride he has left.

I beg, put me down. I never told you it had something to do with me. I only said most of them rebuke others openly, so it doesn't make sense if those who do that hide theirs. That wouldn't be fair at all. They're even supposed to apologise to those they've rebuked publicly.

Thank God you said according to his wisdom. And I feel good knowing God isn't a respecter of persons.

And about the statistics, leave matter for Matthias.

As long as there are still churches that rebuke publicly, those who confess their sins especially that of fornication, by making them sit at the back seat, and treating them in a way even new comers can tell they're outcasts, then you can help with the statistics.
How do you manage to type all these long epistles when answering a simple question? grin
Re: Issues On Christian Movies. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 01, 2018
babajeje123:

A lot of people watch their films, including unbelievers. Only God knows the number of souls that have been won into His Kingdom through their films. We used to show their films during our village outreach when I was on campus. You may visit their you tube channel and see for yourself. As par what they need to work on, I can't see anything. Probably because of my love for the ministry and you know, love covers multitude of short comings
I'm not necessarily talking about Mount Zion movies alone. I mean Christian movies generally.
Re: Issues On Christian Movies. by bennyann: 7:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
Daviddson:
How do you manage to type all these long epistles when answering a simple question? grin

My dear, grin grin grin

Stop teasing me jor
Re: Issues On Christian Movies. by bennyann: 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2018
spartan117:

The points you raised are valid I guess I was looking at it from a different perspective but now I can see what you mean.
kiss smiley
Re: Issues On Christian Movies. by bennyann: 10:47am On Jun 03, 2018
fabre4:

link for download

I didn't download them.

But you can find them on YouTube.
Re: Issues On Christian Movies. by obonujoker(m): 4:15pm On Jun 03, 2018
Try watching... "the resurrection of Galvin Stone"...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oshimmiri Explained - Igbo Spirituality / Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Is Finished / Why Did The Bible Not Continue After The Book Of Revelations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.