Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (75120 Views)

Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her. / My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by justtruth88miSt(f): 5:17am On Jun 02, 2018
OvaSabi1:

This is the best advice
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by MissBoss01(f): 5:20am On Jun 02, 2018
I just tire for 9ja marriages...
I tire for some family value...

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Immorttal: 5:20am On Jun 02, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
. So instead of him to man up and confront the issue at hand by politely asking his wife's elder sister to leave,he should start risking his life by coming back late abi? And if anything happens to him nko? Nawa for some men sha.
wrong advice in my own opinion. Remember family, remember tomorrow, there are many ways to kill a fowl without first cutting its neck.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by adodofemi(m): 5:20am On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:
I know i am supposed to post this in the family section but i always get better response from the Romance section. I don't know whether any of you has been in a situation where an in-law comes for a short visit and finally settles in your home without any sign of leaving anytime soon.

My wife's elder sister who is single came to visit us in January but up till now she has not made any move to go and it's not as if we live in a big apartment so there is no much privacy. We got married in 2015 so our union is still young.

This kind of situation puts one in a dilemma because you just don't know what to say and you will be termed "a bad person". She lies on our matrimonial bed even in my presence.

Before now i never knew someone would feel comfortable staying with a younger sister in her matrimonial home. If it is as a result of accommodation problem or maybe you went to a distant location to do one or two things and you now spend sometime in your younger sister's home, that is understandable. I do hope you're not a weak man anyway. I'm married, there are some shit I won't take in my house. Do the needful.

Please what advice do you have for me?
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by coldFLARES1(m): 5:23am On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:
I don't know anyone to report to, her stay has increased my daily expenses.
No one gets comfortable when unplanned expenses become a constant. I would advice you instruct your wife to issue a deadline for her to leave, and if she can't you simply ask her yourself.

However, if your wife makes financial contributions to running the home, there won't be the need for my earlier suggestion. What you simply do is declare to her that she'd be responsible for upkeep of the home for as more time as her sister remains in your house. Whatever crises follows that,....just take it.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Immorttal: 5:27am On Jun 02, 2018
thunderbabs:
I hpe we wont hear frontpage news of man impregnates wife's elder sister soon? Coz all these gals dey make man committ.....
it has happened before in my street and they are both living together as first and second wife, the man has money sha and both sisters looks happy in the marriage. shocked

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by dayolinks: 5:31am On Jun 02, 2018
Bro, the best you can do is to give advances to your in law, but no open her legs ooo, once your wife discovered, she go tell her to move.
Make love with your wife in her presence, then , she will know is high time to leave, do dirty things in her presence, if she get brain she go carry her load waka.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Cutehector(m): 5:45am On Jun 02, 2018
Throw her bags out of your house.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Ramaa(m): 5:52am On Jun 02, 2018
Give me her number , I want to tell her something
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 02, 2018
Yankiss:

Get uncomfortably close to the elder sister, you wife will send her packing on her own. grin grin

This will solve the problem in a speed of light. Discuss it with her and with the wisdom and if she plays the " you don't like my family card", then like the family by getting just too close with her sister and even doing some thing for her to make her stay memorable by taking her out nd buying her petty stuffs while denying your wife same.
Her elder sister will be gone in a week. Just be an exceptional actor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by coldFLARES1(m): 5:55am On Jun 02, 2018
OvaSabi1:

This is the best advice
grin. I don't think its the best advise. What that may possibly do is to set set appropriate boundaries wherein the SIL would learn to stay away from the bedroom whenever bob's in there or needs his space.

It's difficult to give a 'best' advice. I have stayed with relatives who treated me very well over a long stretch of time. One was family during my undergrad days when it made less sense to go back to hibernate with my folks in the village. The other housed me when I was job-hunting and did more than my parents to help me in that depressing phase.

Therefore, I think the better thing is ask the wife to prevail on her sister to leave since it leaves him with greater financial strain. Otherwise, if the circumstances of her stay is related to finding better opportunities, he should live with that and provide what other assistance he can.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Ikpongiton: 5:56am On Jun 02, 2018
is her presence stopping you from getting your wife pregnant ,abi?you sound like a selfish bigot,who does not want relatives to come to your house.but have in mind that same people you dont want today, may be the same people that you will need their help in future.no one knows tomorrow.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Ikpongiton: 6:00am On Jun 02, 2018
seyigiggle:
oga na promo oo.
marry one, get another one free. you made her comfortable.

let me teach you my strategies.
1. don't say anything to her or your wife about her stay
2. always frown your face
3. form financial crisis. as in cut down on your home expenses, and whenever food stuff finishes, complain bitterly!

i refuse to teach you bad things
miser and stingy inlaw spotted
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:09am On Jun 02, 2018
kanubiafra:
THIS Comment From This Guy Is Where The Whole Truth Is Hidden. He Told Us Half Of The Story. It Only Shows They Are CoHabiting Not Married. How Can A Man Married Man Say He Does Not Know Any Of His In Laws To Talk To? It sounds STRANGE
... I think you might be right. The guy is not saying the whole truth.If such was the case,how then did they marry?

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by hadaydhollarpo(m): 6:14am On Jun 02, 2018
Paulpaulpaul:
@Kennyprince, you are wicked, how could you occupy my place?

Leave her with your wife and sleep in a hotel once in a while, when your wife asks, tell her your want her to enjoy gist with her sister.

She will swiftly respond if she's wise
thats a wise comment yet sleeping in an hotel there's fire on the mountain and yawa go gas anytime be that
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Maximus85(m): 6:26am On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:
I know i am supposed to post this in the family section but i always get better response from the Romance section. I don't know whether any of you has been in a situation where an in-law comes for a short visit and finally settles in your home without any sign of leaving anytime soon.

My wife's elder sister who is single came to visit us in January but up till now she has not made any move to go and it's not as if we live in a big apartment so there is no much privacy. We got married in 2015 so our union is still young.

This kind of situation puts one in a dilemma because you just don't know what to say and you will be termed "a bad person". She lies on our matrimonial bed even in my presence.

Before now i never knew someone would feel comfortable staying with a younger sister in her matrimonial home. If it is as a result of accommodation problem or maybe you went to a distant location to do one or two things and you now spend sometime in your younger sister's home, that is understandable.

Mirror the situation bro. If you don't have a brother stupid enough to come stay permanently with you in your matrimonial home, beg him to just come stay for 6 months. If he's a real man and he refuses, go look for an adult male cousin. If you spend 30k on feeding in the house, reduce it. Carry a friendly face all the time. Be extra nice to your wife but stop nacking her. Form like say you dey forget sleep for sitting room. Invite your friends to watch football matches every time. Na those friends wey dey annoyingly make noise oooo. Chelsea fans in particular.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by valentinos22(m): 6:26am On Jun 02, 2018
donstan18:
Kindly bring any 3 of your relatives from your village to join you there, let's see if she'll complain.

She'll quickly be the one to find a solution to spark back the marital privacy of your marriage.

i love ur brain ....best soln
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:29am On Jun 02, 2018
Nawaoh, bring two of your guys to come stay with you naa. That's the game plan. By the time one begin act funny towards her... she go complain comot.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Lloydfolarin: 6:30am On Jun 02, 2018
I just pity some lowlives called sissy men who are scared to call anybody’s bluff including their wives.

The day you become that no-nonsense person who could call any woman’s bluff is the day you are ready for marriage cos women ll throw a lot of shit to your face along with her family but Mr no nonsense ll stand up and ready at all time to send the woman back to her family.

Once the family of any woman know that you are Mr no-nonsense man, trust me, both your wife and family ll behave themselves.

Honestly, put me in this situation for just 2 days, either the elder sister or both ll leave my house the same day. Life is too short to suffer in silence cos of pussy.

The moment you put your heart in the hands of a woman in that institution called marriage, you are finished.

A real man/ No nonsense man dictate how his home is runned while lowlives are scare to call the bluff of their wives so as not to get her and family upset.

If you want a peaceful marriage, be in charge as the manager not the houseboy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Adefemiaderoju1: 6:32am On Jun 02, 2018
You need to act as soon as possible by talking lot of senses into your wife head if not your marriage might hit the rock before you know it

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Izen: 6:40am On Jun 02, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
The problem most married men make in their early marriage is being too soft and scared of consequence. Oga discuss the situation with ur wife and let her know how you feel about it. Let your wife know you didn't marry both and besides you two needs privacy for now. Let her talk to her elder sister about it,give them sometime to act,and if she doesn't leave,then be a man and ask her to and damn the consequence. Is high time people should start saying their mind and stop pretending that all is well while they keep dying slowly in silence.

Please don't damn the consequences in a marriage o, it's a long term thing. Your wife may grow to resent you. Imagine your mum does the same, and your wife is asked to damn the consequences. That's still her family member abeg. I'll advise the OP to talk to his wife privately about how the situation makes him feel. Not in a harsh or blame-throwing manner but in a logical way that won't make his wife think he's being selfish. Perception is key here. In the process, he and his wife should form a team to present a United front. His wife should do the talking to her sister but if she's too worried about being in the black book of her family, then he should do it himself. There's no way OP asks his sister in law to leave by himself that she wouldn't. She can still give excuses to her sister but not to him.
The funny thing is you're assuming the wife likes this arrangement. Same thing happened to my mum before and she was the one even complaining. My father took it up and spoke to the family member in the most loving way possible and the person started looking for accommodation from then until moving out. So my guy, abeg marriage na partnership, no be every time muscle. E ma a calm down.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by victorazyvictor(m): 6:45am On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:

Before now i never knew someone would feel comfortable staying with a younger sister in her matrimonial home. If it is as a result of accommodation problem or maybe you went to a distant location to do one or two things and you now spend sometime in your younger sister's home, that is understandable.

give her belle
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by kokomilala(m): 6:47am On Jun 02, 2018
Ask your wife to tell her to leave. She's overstayed her welcome without doubt. Don't people realize that when they stay too long somewhere resentment falls in?

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by goldman777: 6:56am On Jun 02, 2018
Ur in trouble marriage rule number one never live wit your sister inlaw she will destroy your marriage b4 you realize it.i av a bad evil sister inlaw as evidence
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by pahen1991: 6:56am On Jun 02, 2018
call her and ask what you can donor her. if you have the funds help her get accommodation else where
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by ozallamike(m): 6:56am On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:

my bro i had similar experience i ask her to leave but that was when the main problem started she furght her sister (my wife ) and wen 2 two different police station 2 get me arrested but fail, bro don't giv chances do the needful and save ur marriage
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:58am On Jun 02, 2018
hadaydhollarpo:

thats a wise comment yet sleeping in an hotel there's fire on the mountain and yawa go gas anytime be that

Yawa don gas already boss. If the sister is feeling at home as he said, it will become me versus them family relationship.

A mother inlaw once joined her daughter to beat the latter's husband. That eventually scattered the family

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:00am On Jun 02, 2018
coldFLARES1:
No one gets comfortable when unplanned expenses become a constant. I would advice you instruct your wife to issue a deadline for her to leave, and if she can't you simply ask her yourself.

However, if your wife makes financial contributions to running the home, there won't be the need for my earlier suggestion. What you simply do is declare to her that she'd be responsible for upkeep of the home for as more time as her sister remains in your house. Whatever crises follows that,....just take it.

When the guy's brother or sister comes, the wife will show them fire.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:01am On Jun 02, 2018
Izen:

Please don't damn the consequences in a marriage o, it's a long term thing. Your wife may grow to resent you. Imagine your mum does the same, and your wife is asked to damn the consequences. That's still her family member abeg. I'll advise the OP to talk to his wife privately about how the situation makes him feel. Not in a harsh or blame-throwing manner but in a logical way that won't make his wife think he's being selfish. Perception is key here. In the process, he and his wife should form a team to present a United front. His wife should do the talking to her sister but if she's too worried about being in the black book of her family, then he should do it himself. There's no way OP asks his sister in law to leave by himself that she wouldn't. She can still give excuses to her sister but not to him.
The funny thing is you're assuming the wife likes this arrangement. Same thing happened to my mum before and she was the one even complaining. My father took it up and spoke to the family member in the most loving way possible and the person started looking for accommodation from then until moving out. So my guy, abeg marriage na partnership, no be every time muscle. E ma a calm down.
.....Oh yes,so because he is scared of the consequence he should die in silence! Bro see,most times in marriage,you disagree to agree. If you are always the yes person,marriage won't work out well,besides the guy in question is a very dull person. He couldn't even talk to his wife about it. True everybody is not the same because if such a problem comes to me,I will discuss it with my wife first and if she fails to take action,I will not hesistate to act on my own and damn the consequence. Final..

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by burner44(m): 7:03am On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:

Man Up and tell her you need privacy. Also ask her when she plans to leave.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by ronaldbecky(m): 7:08am On Jun 02, 2018
Paulpaulpaul:
@Kennyprince, you are wicked, how could you occupy my place?

Leave her with your wife and sleep in a hotel once in a while, when your wife asks, tell her your want her to enjoy gist with her sister.

She will swiftly respond if she's wise
thanK.wat if money no dey,hw d mata go be..
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by robosky02(m): 7:15am On Jun 02, 2018
Simply call your mother inlaw to recall her daugther back before your marriage to the younger sister is hit with crisis

That you need privacy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When Does A Woman Conceive? / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / Paul Okoye Blasts Davido For Calling Those Who Attended His Birthday Party Pussy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.