Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,924 members, 7,806,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Help!! My Landlord Is Trying To Play Smart - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help!! My Landlord Is Trying To Play Smart (355 Views)

Our Landlord Is Torturing Us / My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help / My Landlord And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help!! My Landlord Is Trying To Play Smart by Gbadebo01(m): 1:05pm On Jun 01, 2018
Good Morning Everyone,

I paid for a new apartment (newly built) in august 2017 but didnt pack in till october and i have been having issues with the house. Several items were having issues for instance the doors made for the house are short, some windows are loose, my toilet doesn't have a net then there are holes every where in the house among others which has lead to rat infestation and to top it off my roof is leaking. when i was ready to pack in i called the landlord to inform him of some these issues. he screamed at me saying that he has done his own bit by renting out the house and i should fix the issues because they are small issues. i stopped calling him to inform him of any issues in the house, the ones i can fix, i fix; the ones i cant fix i manage. The last stroke that broke the camel's back was a window pane fell off and the landlord says i have to pay for it. Egbami ooo.

there is also a new development he has given
everyone in my house quit notice.

what can i do please?
lawyers in the house i wud like your opinion pls.
kindly help push this to the front page @lalasticlala

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Landlord Is Trying To Play Smart by HallaDaTruth: 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2018
Don't worry fix everything, but the day you want to move out of the house, MAKE SURE YOU DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU FIXED

Re: Help!! My Landlord Is Trying To Play Smart by Heartbender: 1:34pm On Jun 01, 2018
Before paying didn't you do physical inspection of the house? A man intends the natural consequences of his actions (or inactions)

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Comfort Zone Gardens Lekki Scheme Ii Ajah With 2m.video+pics / To Let in Ikorodu / Newly Built 2 Bedroom Flat For Rent At Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.