Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? (2968 Views)

Can This Airtel Mifi Be Bypassed / I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] / This Airtel Data Package Will Save Half Your Bills As A Student On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by TheUbermensch: 5:41pm On Jun 01, 2018
So I made a call few minutes ago and after that my balance was sent to me, and boy was I shocked. I made a call of N4 and my balance was N47. But I could have sworn I left N80 something yesternight. So I made a call to Airtel Customer Care and upon inquiry as to whether there has been any deduction on my line, I was told Yes there was. I was beyond shocked. "For what?" I quipped, restraining myself from spilling out irrevocable curses on the customer care rep. The useless lady told me it was for one call shine thing. My anger increased over a billion times. What made me very very very mad was the fact that I had a deduction last month too for this same call shine and the dude who attended to me told me he would deactivate it.

My question was how did I subscribe to it? Just how on earth did we get to the point where your money would be used to subscribe to some service you don't want?

We keep complaining of the government and it's oppressive nature, of armed robbers and ritual Killers, of Yahoo boys and other thieves, but these service providers are broad day light thieves whose criminal activities go unchecked.

For how long shall we continue to live like this?

Lalasticlala please help me gather awareness on this matter.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by oshe11: 5:43pm On Jun 01, 2018
cheesy
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by Gallantfortune(m): 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2018
Take heart bro...

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by Ejadike(m): 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2018
This is very bad, not funny at all. These service providers can be so stupid and foolish sometimes. I'll sue there sorry ass one day, now way person need money na to sue anybody way Bleep up sure pass o

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by Finstar: 8:13pm On Jun 01, 2018
My brother, you're not alone. These network providers are crooks and should be sued for unsolicited pop ups and subscription. It's damn annoying.
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by madgoat(m): 9:15pm On Jun 01, 2018
TheUbermensch:
So I made a call few minutes ago and after that my balance was sent to me, and boy was I shocked. I made a call of N4 and my balance was N47. But I could have sworn I left N80 something yesternight. So I made a call to Airtel Customer Care and upon inquiry as to whether there has been any deduction on my line, I was told Yes there was. I was beyond shocked. "For what?" I quipped, restraining myself from spilling out irrevocable curses on the customer care rep. The useless lady told me it was for one call shine thing. My anger increased over a billion times. What made me very very very mad was the fact that I had a deduction last month too for this same call shine and the dude who attended to me told me he would deactivate it.

My question was how did I subscribe to it? Just how on earth did we get to the point where your money would be used to subscribe to some service you don't want?

We keep complaining of the government and it's oppressive nature, of armed robbers and ritual Killers, of Yahoo boys and other thieves, but these service providers are broad day light thieves whose criminal activities go unchecked.

For how long shall we continue to live like this?

Lalasticlala please help me gather awareness on this matter.

Similar thing happend to and i had to shout at the customer care agent to remove all subscriptions from my line.
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by NaijaTechnician(m): 9:44pm On Jun 01, 2018
grin grin
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by NaijaTechnician(m): 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2018
madgoat:

Similar thing happend to and i had to shout at the customer care agent to remove all subscriptions from my line.

grin grin nothing wey I no go see naija
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by Deelaw(m): 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2018
I once had an annoying experience with them too, I immediately fed the sim to d lizards.

No time to look time bro!

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by BoboKush(m): 10:31pm On Jun 01, 2018
Same way 50 naira was deducted from me.... They claim I subscribe for football

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by TeamLeader(m): 10:57pm On Jun 01, 2018
My brother no be only you o. See what i sent to their twitter account few days ago

Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by PapaHD: 11:29pm On Jun 01, 2018
It's not only airtel. All network providers are thieves. The only thing you get is "sorry for the inconviniences". And being in nigeria makes it worse. That's the money they use to bribe NCC anytime they face sanctions.
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by RemedyLab: 2:03am On Jun 02, 2018
This is Nigeria
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by strangest(m): 3:42am On Jun 02, 2018
infact this is the second time airtel has deducted from me and they skillfully setup their customer care calls so that you dont easily get to an agent... AIRTEL ARE THIEVES...

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by falcon01: 4:15am On Jun 02, 2018
f*ck network providers f*ck NCC f*ck the Government. They all work hand in hand
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by bana91(m): 4:51am On Jun 02, 2018
Airtel has a Phd in thiefry.
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by HumanityBase: 6:23am On Jun 02, 2018
Airtel is one hell of a thieving network, all their promos are scam and your airtime keeps disappearing like williewillie.
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by itsRhamzy: 6:54am On Jun 02, 2018
Op, I could relate well to your inconveniences regarding this subscription bullshhit.. But then again I think I found solution to it.. After the CS must have told you he'd unsubscribe you, do check your phone apps for alien applications.. Any app you see that looks alien to you apart from the ones you know you installed yourself, kindly uninstall them, and make it a habit of checking your apps every few days cause I discovered new apps tend to find its way to my phone which prompted the incessant and annoying deductions. Then come back and thnk me for this..
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by omoeko001(m): 8:28am On Jun 02, 2018
it happened to me yesterday, I blast them when I called then, they had to dash me free 10mb with it.
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by phemmiebabs: 8:38am On Jun 02, 2018
I tot I was the only one, I stop loading on my Airtel sim cos dey subscribe service I don't even know wat it's abt for me, and if u call d customer service, they ll be telling u sh***
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by Centrallock: 9:42am On Jun 02, 2018
I wish mine would stop at 40-80 naira deduction, Airtel are thieves
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by YOUNGELDER1(m): 10:29am On Jun 02, 2018
Annoying football update from 244
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by khalhokage(m): 11:15am On Jun 02, 2018
Why are you insulting the customer care representative? Was she the one that deducted your money?
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by Luizkid(m): 11:50am On Jun 02, 2018
Airtel is the best at unsolicited subscriptions. they'll tell you its sites u visit meanwhile i visited same sites with Mtn and nothing of such happened.
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2018
TheUbermensch:
any code to deactivate the call shine?
Modified: text STOP to 55350 to deactivate

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by TheUbermensch: 12:51pm On Jun 05, 2018
ebony111:
any code to deactivate the call shine? Modified: text STOP to 55350 to deactivate
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by nani667: 6:15am On Jun 06, 2018
Airtel Systematically stealing our airtime.... And they don't even forcefully subscribe us to their scam services again... They now siphon our airtime just like that... For sometime now I have been noticing my airtime gradually Shrinking, and I haven't done anything with the airtime, I hardly make Calls... In the space of some Days I noticed close to ₦100 haff disappeared...

I just wasted the remaining airtime I had to subscribe to one of their data plans, ateast that is better than allowing them to siphon all the money... Their Customer care is virtually hopeless and useless... For the past week that I have contacted them on facebook no response
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by timilehing(m): 7:18am On Jun 06, 2018
I mistakenly recharge 300 thrice on my number to be used for smartrybe night plan only for Airtel to subscribe me automatically to several services and the credit finished within 2 weeks. I use 250 for the plan while Airtel deducted 650 for services. Thief network. That's how they every time
Re: Who Else Has Been A Victim Of This Airtel Scam? by Toluene7: 8:47am On Jun 06, 2018
Just tweet at them on airtel_care, they will answer you fast. I had an issue like that recently and it has been stopped. Try it and see.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S4 Vs. HTC One: Software Feature Showdown / I'm Going To Buy Tecno H6 Tomorrow / WWE Immortals Mod Apk+dat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.