Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... (60288 Views)

Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race / Ben Murray-Bruce Welcomes Saraki To PDP / Ben Murray-Bruce: Poverty Is The Fastest Growing Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by zomoears(m): 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
dominique:
Nonsense tweet. So Nike that paid good money to sponsor the super eagle's kits should now allow aba tailors sew the jerseys? What will be Nike's gain then? Aba tailors should go and sponsor the Super Eagle naa. Someone that didn't publish his own book in his country is now calling out a foreign brand for doing their business in their country. Hypocrite senator

£46 by 3million pieces sold out is £138million.

In Naira thats over N60billion.

We deserve to get a piece of this. Even if it was only the labour for sewing, over N5bn would hv impacted our economy. Those tailors ma for chop.

NFF can negotiate a better deal for us next time.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by BabaRamota1980: 5:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
zomoears:

We deserve to get a piece of this. Even if it was only the labour for sewing, over N5bn would hv impacted our economy. Those tailors ma for chop.

Good response.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Awaja(m): 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2018
Common sense is uncommon
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by adem30: 6:17pm On Jun 02, 2018
zomoears:

You could have told Aba Tailors to gathered N60b to sponsor Super eagles first.

The same man that can not publish his ordinary book in Nigeria is now claiming to have sense

2 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
A lot of foolish wise people on thread. Ask yourself first how did Nike become a global brand? You think they just fell from heaven and started making millions of dollars? Go and check, Nike started by distributing Japanese shoes. Yes, shoes made in Japan! It's cluelessness like this that makes a country as big as Nigeria not to have a global brand! Even Ethiopia here has a global brand called Sole rebels founded by Bethlehem Alemu. It is now Africa's fastest growing shoe company! . But we Nigerians all we know is abroad. To the point we cannot create an enabling environment for business to grow! Even the Dangote we're shouting up and down, go to Hungary or India or even Angola here whether they use Dangote cement or any Dangote product there.

Even this Jersey were hyping could all be made in China! Yes China! Cos Nike has their big factories there as usual cos of cheap labor. If they can have such a deal to create jobs and wealth in China, can't they replicate it in Nigeria? Or did they sponsor China's Jersey first before they built factories there? Did they give China loan first! If you think the Aba shoe maker will just wake up one day and be like Nike you're quite dumb. Not in a country where ethnicity and tribalism had clouded our common sense. What the Senator said is 100% sense! Aba products are still seen as fake bacause of the way the government perceives them. If you think as big as Nigeria is we cannot have a brand that can sponsor super eagles, you're still dumb and a backward personality. I'm tired of people who don't know anything yapping like they know it all!

Read Nike history and see tax cuts they've enjoyed from the US govt and benefits they've gotten. This stupid govt should think of how to create an enabling environment for ideas to thrive and not take all our money abroad because of loans and sponsorship they're looking for. How on earth will our economy grow? That Pinnick guy is sure clueless too!
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by InvertedHammer: 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
Firstpage:

Do we manufacture jersey materials in Nigeria?

Aba traders import inferior materials from China and sew in Nigeria. Is that what you want Nike to partner with? You can only say that if we had the capacity to manufacture these products here in Nigeria. So far every aba products are still imported from China.
/
LOL.

Every Nike product is still manufactured in China too.

Do you think there is a Nike factory in US?

/
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by InvertedHammer: 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2018
Firstpage:

Do we manufacture jersey materials in Nigeria?

Aba traders import inferior materials from China and sew in Nigeria. Is that what you want Nike to partner with? You can only say that if we had the capacity to manufacture these products here in Nigeria. So far every aba products are still imported from China.
/
LOL.

Every Nike product is still manufactured in (Guangdon) China too. Can you believe that the same factory (Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings Dongguan, China) manufactures Nike and Adidas products?

/
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Firstpage: 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
LOL.

Every Nike product is still manufactured in China too.

/

Read and understand.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by InvertedHammer: 8:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
Firstpage:

Read and understand.

That is my suggestion to you. Nike did what they had to do.

I wash my hands off. Why even bother?

/
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Firstpage: 9:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
InvertedHammer:

That is my suggestion to you. Nike did what they had to do.

I wash my hands off. Why even bother?

/

Go back and read my post you quoted and comprehend.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Firstpage: 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2018
comradeodunze:
Stop being myopic in your thoughts...think outside the box and you will see and understand the big picture!

You are the myopic fool here, together with your Twitter sinator. Nigeria does not have a textile manufacturing company to manufacture jersey materials. Would you rather import materials from China and sew in Aba then partner with Nike when they could have partnered with people that have the capacity. Stop thinking with your anus, it is meant for poo.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Jones4190(m): 10:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
lartexbarnty:

Rams are killed during sallah, but Ramos killed Sallah. get it right.
Ramos was on revenge
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by SIRTee15: 12:19am On Jun 03, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

You don't know what you are talking about, so I will refrain from arguing with you.

That guy is right...
Besides nigeria don't have a viable textile industry in the first place.....
The guyz in aba are tailors....
They import the material and sew them, they don't produce the material....
It will be an Herculean task for Nike to produce those jerseys in nigeria....
Importing the materials n giving it to aba tailors to sew will lead to distortion in the value chain production of Nike....
It's not Nike business to revamp our dead textile industry, they are here for business n to maximise profit...
Thats the job of senator ben bruce n his colleagues in Abuja....
From his comment, it's obvious the Twitter obsessed senator lacked insight into the challenges facing the nigerian textile industry n doesn't even know why we not wearing produced in nigeria clothes....
I'm sure he's equally clueless about the value chain production in the clothing line and how it works.....
Nike should come n open a plant in nigeria because they are producing nigerian jersey.....
Just like that......
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by consultancy: 7:12am On Jun 03, 2018
Dreadedmaze:
A lot of foolish wise people on thread. Ask yourself first how did Nike become a global brand? You think they just fell from heaven and started making millions of dollars? Go and check, Nike started by distributing Japanese shoes. Yes, shoes made in Japan! It's cluelessness like this that makes a country as big as Nigeria not to have a global brand! Even Ethiopia here has a global brand called Sole rebels founded by Bethlehem Alemu. It is now Africa's fastest growing shoe company! . But we Nigerians all we know is abroad. To the point we cannot create an enabling environment for business to grow! Even the Dangote we're shouting up and down, go to Hungary or India or even Angola here whether they use Dangote cement or any Dangote product there.

Even this Jersey were hyping could all be made in China! Yes China! Cos Nike has their big factories there as usual cos of cheap labor. If they can have such a deal to create jobs and wealth in China, can't they replicate it in Nigeria? Or did they sponsor China's Jersey first before they built factories there? Did they give China loan first! If you think the Aba shoe maker will just wake up one day and be like Nike you're quite dumb. Not in a country where ethnicity and tribalism had clouded our common sense. What the Senator said is 100% sense! Aba products are still seen as fake bacause of the way the government perceives them. If you think as big as Nigeria is we cannot have a brand that can sponsor super eagles, you're still dumb and a backward personality. I'm tired of people who don't know anything yapping like they know it all!

Read Nike history and see tax cuts they've enjoyed from the US govt and benefits they've gotten. This stupid govt should think of how to create an enabling environment for ideas to thrive and not take all our money abroad because of loans and sponsorship they're looking for. How on earth will our economy grow? That Pinnick guy is sure clueless too!
this is the only sensible comment i read here. others are just bandwagon/'followfollow' comments. i am with the senator on this
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by GoshenNLA(m): 7:47am On Jun 03, 2018
Show your support to our Eagles, Rep 9ja by ordering your Jerseys
� strictly Original 100%
Pls if interested, you can reach us via Whatsapp/Text message on *08139526894* or send us a DM
click here to Order https:///send?phone=2348139526894
Jerseys for other National teams available too

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by xjiggy: 9:29pm On Jun 03, 2018
plaetton:

All these dummys castigating Ben Bruce seem to have comprehension problems.
It simply amazes me that all you guys all seem to think in one direction only.
I wonder why it appears so difficult to understand the very very important point that he is making or trying to get across.

The issue here is not about branding, but about the actual manufacture of the jerseys. After , Nike Does NOT manufacture anything. Nike contracts the manufacturer of all their products to sweatshops in Third World (shithole) countries in Guatemala, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, etc. A lot of Nike's products have been found to be made by child labor in slave like conditions in these countries.

The point the Ben Bruce is asking is that why shouldn't Nigerian labour, ABA manufacturing prowess to be specific, not have been considered for the manufacturer of Nigeria's official Jerseys, an enterprise that would have created jobs and $100m into our national coffers ?
Isn't such that one of the functions of a government ? To woo and encourage foreign investments , especially in an area in which we have local talent has been proven to be abundant ?
Are ABA manufacturing prowess not ripe or good enough for international manufacturing contracts from the likes of Nike and other sports wear brands ?

Isn't this where a responsible government that wants to create jobs come in and play a role ?

Ben Bruce is not criticizing Nike's branding or marketing rights. He is criticizing all of us, all Nigerians , our small mentality, our inability to think beyond the periphery.
Oga, does Ben Murray Bruce wear aba made suit or drive innoson vehicle? If Aba sabi like this, why Eyinba of Aba no dey do their jerseys for Aba? For ur information, sri Lanka, India and Bangladesh are more technologically advance than Nigeria. Try learning and sharing info not abuses
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by obaaderemi: 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2018
[
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by obaaderemi: 4:59pm On Jun 08, 2018
[s]
consultancy:
this is the only sensible comment i read here. others are just bandwagon/'followfollow' comments. i am with the senator on this
[/s]
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by obaaderemi: 5:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
[
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by MrCork: 11:56pm On Jun 14, 2018
pawshjai:
lolz...true

^^^kaiiii see nyansh. .sweery did I mention I drive £39,000 (cash) range rover spot. ..juss in case u ask! wink
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Dedetwo(m): 3:06am On Jun 15, 2018
dominique:

Don't mind him, Nike's priority is to make profits not develop another country's economy. It's very obvious he knows nothing about sports branding and team sponsorship

Ben was talking about developing local economy. It has to stay somewhere and place. Nike started in someplace too.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Dedetwo(m): 3:06am On Jun 15, 2018
dominique:

Don't mind him, Nike's priority is to make profits not develop another country's economy. It's very obvious he knows nothing about sports branding and team sponsorship

Ben was talking about developing local economy. It has to stay somewhere and place. Nike started someplace too.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by pawshjai(f): 11:00am On Jun 15, 2018
MrCork:

^^^kaiiii see nyansh. .sweery did I mention I drive £39,000 (cash) range rover spot. ..juss in case u ask! wink
smilex...even ur range rover cnt drive my ass...lolz

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Confusion At Aso Rock’ As Buhari Fails To Move In - TheCable / Caption This Photo Of Nnamdi Kanu & A Prison Warder In Court Today / Boko Haram Members Observe Eid Prayers In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.