Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. (42181 Views)

White Collar Job And Starting My Own Business: Which Is Better? / Meet Michael Chukwuebuka Who Sells Bottled, Pure Water In Suit In Lagos (Photos) / Pure Water Seller Wearing Makeup Surprises Twitter Users (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by papascode: 9:07am On Jun 02, 2018
Good day all,

I have been confused on what to do with the money I have saved. I am a contract staff in one of the banks and I have saved considerable amount of money over the years I have been working there. But I am tired of my job, as same as many of my colleagues who wish they had one quarter of the money I had saved to quit the job.

I am not a lazy man I am very hardworking as adhuged by my supervisors but the issue is I have stayed on one spot for too long and no promotion. My greatest joy is that I was able to achieve a masters degree in a federal university in nigeria while working but my job doesn't give me time to even look out for other jobs.
So please guys I am throwing this up here because I know on this thread there are people who have been in my situation before that made the better choice and are happy for it.
I have two very important decisions to make either to use the money I have saved to travel abroad for school for masters and hopfully settle down there or to stay here in Nigeria to start up a pure water production factory but Nigeria and it's uncertainties keeps discouraging me. kindly note that I have saved up to 9million naira to take up any of these ventures and I am 35 years not yet married.
Please I need honest advice to a brother there are some persons like me who will benefit from this advice we render.
Thank you

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by eezeribe(m): 9:22am On Jun 02, 2018
Your case is different...
9 million is big on paper,but when it enters the battle field,logistics will come and choke it...
Manufacturing is not as easy as most people think,it involves a whole network of logistics,most people who succeed in manufacturing actually gained experience and contacts from their days in buying and selling viz wholesale,retail,distributorship, etc
If you can settle in Canada with a PROFESSIONAL JOB,it will be nice...
Otherwise I will suggest you think of another line of business,starting with buying and selling before growing into manufacturing...

246 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Heavance(m): 9:27am On Jun 02, 2018
Why not understudy a sachet water business first, it's not as rosy as it sounds, but it is very profitable during the dry season, and the opposite during raining season.

And then, after one M.Sc , you want to go to Canada for another? money go finish on top M.Sc o....
Though, it will be better to settle there if it goes as you plan.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by eezeribe(m): 9:56am On Jun 02, 2018
lalasticlala... This is not like the other threads where people ask "what business can I start with 200k"...
Somebody has saved up 9 million naira,still doing his contract job and masters...
He deserves a front page ASSURANCE from the mods...
He deserves some accolades from Nairalanders

348 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by papascode: 10:21am On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=eezeribe post=68106240]lalasticlala... This is not like the other threads where people ask "what business can I start with 200k"...
Somebody has saved up 9 million naira,still doing his contract job and masters...
He deserves a front page ASSURANCE from the mods...
He deserves some accolades from Nairalanders [/quote

Please help me send to front page I am in dear need of advices alot of people are in my shoes too. Thanks guys for your advices it is timely. I appreciate so much.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by fecta: 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
I will start a manufacturing company without thinking twice, if I make enough money then I can travel out to charge my phone and come back.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by talk2archy: 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
pure water all the way

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Shalomc(f): 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by ademoladeji(m): 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
decide ur future ursef

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by eezeribe(m): 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
Dominique, CrazyMan, Mynd44, lalasticlala... Please move to front page and delete the mention...
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by wildcatter23(m): 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
I have been in the pure water business since 2003. The success of this business does not really lie in your hands but your ability to get work done through people. Anyway, with the benefit of hindsight, I would advise you, to take yourself out of this shït hole country called Nigeria. Good luck in canada. If you can make save 9 mill here. You can do the same in canada

143 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by jjbest123(m): 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
First of all congratulations! Now back to the question,travelling for education or business? I will choose business over the education,i'm not trying to discourage your education pursuit,but right now,you need to build your self,you are working as a contract staff and you are not sure if you would remain or be promoted,but if is your own business,nobody can sack or demote you. First thing i will advise you to do is to find a business you can start with,start it then grow it,the cost of starting a pure water business might gulp your savings without much left to run the business,you can decide to start a business in the agricultural sector,you can decide to be a producer or a wholeseller,or you can do both,but before any business try and understudy any practicing person in that field,make your market surveys,and act on your business plan. NB: There are lots of golden opportunities in nigeria,find it and refine it.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by fasho01(m): 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
Go to Canada joor.. Is that one hard to decide again

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by cluewebhost(m): 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nothing is Guaranteed

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
Make a choice

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Eleniyan15: 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
Depend on your profession, what can you offer if you get there
Go to travel section read through comment of individuals who migrated to canny, if you like it you can give it a shot or you just stay back and invest in Our economy cool.

Life is all about taking RISK

You deserve some accolades!!! Maybe because you didn't get married that why you were able to save up, them no dey hold late comer for marriage

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by DMerciful(m): 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
Do you have passion for selling? Think of a medium to big grocery store.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
Better run to Canada op

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by carterguccy(m): 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
Kindly go into farming... Food is a necessity! And with your capital am sure you will be able to start a standard farm.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by obaataaokpaewu: 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2018
Oga I am not sure that the 9 million will be enough for the water busy. If you are sure you can get something doing when you get to Canada, that will be a better option

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by tolexy007(m): 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2018
canada

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Alex80s(m): 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2018
Rush to Canada. If you have seen their minimum wage, you wouldn't have asked this question.

26 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by merit1988(f): 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
A contract staff saved up to 9million? Wow.......I think u should start up a another line of business and settle down.with ur master,go to Canada will be like working their with O'level

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by merit1988(f): 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
A contract staff saved up to 9million? Wow.......I think u should start up a another line of business and settle down.with ur master,going to Canada will be like working their with O'level

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Appliedmaths(m): 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2018
Mr OP, your 9million divided into 4 quarters of FG treasury bills with a min if 10% interest rate would fetch you about 900k * 4 yearly while you keep strolling to your contract job knowing you're functioning on full cylinders.

What you're feeling now is all in your head, don't squander that 9mill only to regret tomorrow oooo. For someone like me that loves risk, I'll multiply that 9mill by 3 given 1 year tops.

Study the pure water biz intoto but I believe there are more lucrative venture to multiply that cash.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by whillyamz98(m): 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2018
papascode:

but Nigeria and it's uncertainties keeps discouraging me.

You've said it all.
Go abroad and advance your CV in the best possible way. Start your life from there.
You won't regret it if you know what you want to achieve.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Efostick(m): 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2018
Dell
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by tealaw(m): 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2018
STUDY THE PURE WATER BUSINESS PROPERLY AND START IT WHILE YOU CONTINUE WORKING. THE ADDITIONAL SALARY YOU WILL GET COUPLED WITH PROFITS FROM PURE WATER BUSINESS CAN HELP PAY FOR YOUR MSC. AT THE END, WHEN YOU TRAVEL , (IF YOU FIND A TRUSTED MANAGER), THE PURE WATER BUSINESS CAN EVEN PROVIDE FOR YOUR MONEY NEEDS IN CANADA.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by theenchanter: 2:17pm On Jun 02, 2018
People shouting Canada upandan, if after his M.sc in Canada n things are not rosy as predicted nko?

Op, nothing beats business!! Just take ur time to think of starting a biz, or if u have a skill, u can bolster it.

U may be d next Dangote, u know?. But if u have better option than just roaming d streets of Canada after ur masters, no problem.

22 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by giga02(m): 2:17pm On Jun 02, 2018
You can start your PR to either Canada or Australia while you keep doing your bank job and once you successful you can assured a better livelihood in Canada. Moving to Canada with 9M without a plan and suffer you they.

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Years After Graduation: What Are Your Experiences In The Labour Market? / How Much Is Your Current Salary? / FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 To N-power Beneficiaries Today, Says Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.