Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. (42178 Views)

White Collar Job And Starting My Own Business: Which Is Better? / Meet Michael Chukwuebuka Who Sells Bottled, Pure Water In Suit In Lagos (Photos) / Pure Water Seller Wearing Makeup Surprises Twitter Users (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Pat081: 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
merit1988:
A contract staff saved up to 9million? Wow.......I think u should start up a another line of business and settle down.with ur master,go to Canada will be like working their with O'level
It is nt better to work like O'level person in another man's land and make it bigger than working like master holder n b poor in ur own country my dear sister?? Op thank ur start u re nt in one state in South West state no promotion in 8yrs and half take home salary, I think u should work on other business because pure water buz is nt dat easy one u hv to go to NAFDAC to reg ur water biz n u hv to gt like 2 to 3 or more cars or bus's that will b helping u to carrying the water around and u hv to let people know too ,so u can now c dat is nt a easy one like one person quote 9 millions will nt b 9 million wen u start d biz n u will c dat u nid more den d money
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by solepager(m): 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
papascode:
Good day all,

I have been confused on what to do with the money I have saved. I am a contract staff in one of the banks and I have saved considerable amount of money over the years I have been working there. But I am tired of my job, as same as many of my colleagues who wish they had one quarter of the money I had saved to quit the job.

I am not a lazy man I am very hardworking as adhuged by my supervisors but the issue is I have stayed on one spot for too long and no promotion. My greatest joy is that I was able to achieve a masters degree in a federal university in nigeria while working but my job doesn't give me time to even look out for other jobs.
So please guys I am throwing this up here because I know on this thread there are people who have been in my situation before that made the better choice and are happy for it.
I have two very important decisions to make either to use the money I have saved to travel abroad for school for masters and hopfully settle down there or to stay here in Nigeria to start up a pure water production factory but Nigeria and it's uncertainties keeps discouraging me. kindly note that I have saved up to 9million naira to take up any of these ventures and I am 35 years not yet married.
Please I need honest advice to a brother there are some persons like me who will benefit from this advice we render.
Thank you

Understand the business you what to go into first from people doing the business already. While you do that invest in First bank money market fund of 13 percent. Use the profit from it to start off what you need while still keeping your capital

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Omooba77: 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
papascode:
Good day all,

I have been confused on what to do with the money I have saved. I am a contract staff in one of the banks and I have saved considerable amount of money over the years I have been working there. But I am tired of my job, as same as many of my colleagues who wish they had one quarter of the money I had saved to quit the job.

I am not a lazy man I am very hardworking as adhuged by my supervisors but the issue is I have stayed on one spot for too long and no promotion. My greatest joy is that I was able to achieve a masters degree in a federal university in nigeria while working but my job doesn't give me time to even look out for other jobs.
So please guys I am throwing this up here because I know on this thread there are people who have been in my situation before that made the better choice and are happy for it.
I have two very important decisions to make either to use the money I have saved to travel abroad for school for masters and hopfully settle down there or to stay here in Nigeria to start up a pure water production factory but Nigeria and it's uncertainties keeps discouraging me. kindly note that I have saved up to 9million naira to take up any of these ventures and I am 35 years not yet married.
Please I need honest advice to a brother there are some persons like me who will benefit from this advice we render.
Thank you

I will not want you to waste your #9m, please what course do you want to study,any admission or visa?
Take #3m to do the run; use #6m to do treasury bill for one year, travel to Canada, you can get work as student. With Masters you can better job in Canada or even Nigeria.
Above all pray to God for direction sir.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by happy27: 2:47pm On Jun 02, 2018
Op I think it's better you transmission to Canada. pure water bus requires some kind of in depth knowledge.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by captianfreeman(m): 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2018
eezeribe:
Your case is different...
9 million is big on paper,but when it enters the battle field,logistics will come and choke it...
Manufacturing is not as easy as most people think,it involves a whole network of logistics,most people who succeed in manufacturing actually gained experience and contacts from their days in buying and selling viz wholesale,retail,distributorship, etc
If you can settle in Canada with a PROFESSIONAL JOB,it will be nice...
Otherwise I will suggest you think of another line of business,starting with buying and selling before growing into manufacturing...

Nice advice.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Vicyace: 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2018
Do not start a sachet water business without carefully studying the business. I have seen many people that have invested heavily on this business and are back to ground zero because of lack of proper planning. Production and manufacturing in naija no be child's play.
If you wanna start a business, look into wholesale distribution first. Gather enough understanding, experience and contacts.

Personally, I would give settling in canada a shot via PR. While I carefully seek a more business to do here on Nigeria if plan A fails.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by kullozone(m): 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
Bros, run away! Don't listen to anyone who might start saying if we all run away, then who'd be left to put things in order and make Nigeria better... Go away forever, if you can. The country is cursed.

Nigeria is an unfortunate countrysmiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2018
papascode:
Good day all,

Thank you

Bros i take GOD beg you, vamoose this country, if you consider going to Canada please go as a Permanent Resident card holder, there are also nice country like sweden, Germany, northern Ireland also..
Please try to also learn french, if you consider going to Canada.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2018
greggng:

Thank you for coming to seek advice here. You would 've made the greatest mistake of your life if you had started that pure water business. My former landlord lived all his life abroad. Due to pressure from family, he decided to come home to stay and invest infact he ran away after spending so much on diesel for powering his pure water business. He eventually sold that portion and escape back to Europe. There is no conducive business environment here. Going to Canada is the best option. But you 've to first get to USA. And find a way to cross over to Canada from new York. My friend did that and I 've details on how he made it. However you 've to declare yourself to the authorities at the Canadian border . There after necessary documentation will be made, lawyer assigned to you and temporary stay of two years pending when your PR will be ready. During this period you will be taking care of by gov't You will 've a job and you will be doing 100 percent better than a rich man here. . That way 70percent percent of your 9million will be in a savings account just for you. The only difficult part of this trip is getting to USA from naija. I mean getting visa

At the bolded, it show you are not current with what's happening on ground. Haven't you heard that the US is revoking visas up and down, even at the point of entry at the airports?

Why it this so? It's because of what you typed up there! Nigerians using the US as point of entry to Canada and the Canadian government has woken up to the Nigerian entry style and have informed the US embassy to do something about it.

How the action of a few is causing pain to thousands with genuine intentions to visit the US.

13 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by jibs4lv(m): 2:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
Wow ! I congratulate you bro , it's not easy to accumulate such money in this country (legitimate wise o). God bless you @ jjbest123 for that beautiful idea .

bro kindly forget about travelling out for now and go for Agric business but before you do so, first locate those in system to gain more knowledge about it, it 'll really help you alot. nothing much in pure water business as people think.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Rhyzer: 2:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
My best advice is this.
Use the money to process the Canadian school stuff.
Get your admission and go. When you are in Canada, the essential money you need to survive is your tuition, you are allowed to work up to 20hrs a week which will take care of your cost of living and you've hard working in Nigeria and you'll survive and could do better.

Work on getting the pure water factory running with aids of people who are reliable if you work out a structure on that.
If this option doesn't work out right, the rest of the fund with you can be used to start vehicle import to Nigeria while you are in Canada. They come up cheap when you buy from individual and how much you bargain. And this will never disturb your studies or any other thing you need doing while schooling. If you are coming to school in Canada, make sure you go with your driver's license as old as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by ItzBIM(m): 2:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
Pat081:
It is nt better to work like O'level person in another man's land and make it bigger than working like master holder n b poor in ur own country my dear sister?? Op thank ur start u re nt in one state in South West state no promotion in 8yrs and half take home salary, I think u should work on other business because pure water buz is nt dat easy one u hv to go to NAFDAC to reg ur water biz n u hv to gt like 2 to 3 or more cars or bus's that will b helping u to carrying the water around and u hv to let people know too ,so u can now c dat is nt a easy one like one person quote 9 millions will nt b 9 million wen u start d biz n u will c dat u nid more den d money

Define make it bigger.? Is it the living on pay check to check. If you have an opportunity to have your own business like the op does, nothing can beat that

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
Please and please start a pure water business. Yes I know there are a whole lot of problems on ground here in this country but travelling out should not be on ur mind considering the amount that is with you. You can start a cottage pure water business with 5m.
Assuming you will be travelling to American.. The cost of flight is 1.3m .....if you don't have where you gonna stay that is another problem.. You start paying rent from the inception.
Oh you mention Msc ....thats gonna cost much as well and you may not find a beffiting job anytime soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by mitchel1(m): 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
Long and short of the story is that you want to invest your money either way. Well I am an insurance broker and in AIICO Plc. Take a chunk (Not all) of the money and Invest in the annuity plan of AIICO PLC where you can start earning at 40. Monthly or yearly as you want. and you will earn for life. (I mean till death). Then use the remaing for travels to canada knowing that if things does not work there you have an investment in Nigeria.If things work out fine over there then it's a win win.

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by tblackE61(m): 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
Op, I must salute you for saving that huge even as a contract staff! Well pure water business ain't as bad as people clamour abt it here. I own a small factory and by his grace we moving slow and steady thou it as is own challenges. However, travelling to Canada soun d verybbig and achieving ! If h could get a PR visa I would advised u move ur way in but pending the time ur visa comes out u can think of other petty business to do! Pls watchout for crooks asking u to contact them on this platform! Stay bless
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by OlujobaSamuel: 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
op, divide that money into 3, take ⅓ of it and invest in commodity trading of your choice, try get a trusted hand(none is 90% reliable in this biz) to learn the ropes, never ever disclose that you have a spare fund, let the 3m be used for learning curve, you are gonna make loss(big loss), but your lessons will cushion the effect sooner or later.
profit or loss can be as high as 60% on any transaction/trading.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by YoungDaddyB: 2:58pm On Jun 02, 2018
for me I'd advise you look for a federal job, any kind and then start you business. 9mill is enough for any reasonable business. Canada is not by force by fire but if you've always thought about leaving Nigeria as a young boy, then take your chances with Canada, apply for a retail job, gain the Canadian work experience, apply for professional certifications like pmp, cim or any other top certification while in Canada, 1 to 2 years in, apply for a better organisational job.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by dadada98: 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
Start your pure water business. Your pure water business is better than travel to canada

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by YoungDaddyB: 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
for me I'd advise you look for a federal job( they are way less stressful and offers time), any kind and then start you business. 9mill is enough for any reasonable business. Canada is not by force by fire but if you've always thought about leaving Nigeria as a young boy, then take your chances with Canada, apply for a retail job, gain the Canadian work experience, apply for professional certifications like pmp, cim or any other top certification while in Canada, 1 to 2 years in, apply for a better organisational job.[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Millz404(m): 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
papascode:
Good day all,

Thank you

Bros if them dey drive keke for where you dey stay... Continue your contract job... Now this is what you should do

Brand new keke cost 660,000
That will get you up to 13 keke
Daily pay is 2500

As brand new... Mechanic problem no go dey for the first year

That 13 keke will give you 32,500 a day
32,500 x 25days a month minus sundays will give you
812,500 a month

Now multiply that in a year... You already have back your 9000,000

If you no want to dey get mechanic problem every time... After one year u can sell off all the keke... U go still sell am better money close to Wetin u buy am.

Join am like 4M buy new ones again....

Bros canada go be holiday trip

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by kart042000(m): 3:00pm On Jun 02, 2018
greggng:

Thank you for coming to seek advice here. You would 've made the greatest mistake of your life if you had started that pure water business. My former landlord lived all his life abroad. Due to pressure from family, he decided to come home to stay and invest infact he ran away after spending so much on diesel for powering his pure water business. He eventually sold that portion and escape back to Europe. There is no conducive business environment here. Going to Canada is the best option. But you 've to first get to USA. And find a way to cross over to Canada from new York. My friend did that and I 've details on how he made it. However you 've to declare yourself to the authorities at the Canadian border . There after necessary documentation will be made, lawyer assigned to you and temporary stay of two years pending when your PR will be ready. During this period you will be taking care of by gov't You will 've a job and you will be doing 100 percent better than a rich man here. . That way 70percent percent of your 9million will be in a savings account just for you. The only difficult part of this trip is getting to USA from naija. I mean getting visa

Please ignore this as most people that did are being processed to be deported.

Its best you apply for the masters as canada appreciates their certificates better. Another reason most people didnt state is the opportunity you are preparing for your kids.
Investing in nija is 50/50 you be made or you drawn, amd for a business you have not grown into, the chances of gailure is higher.

I will advice you follow the Canada or Australian or new Zealand path. As long as you are not lazy you will work hard and make money. You can return to nija to invest and sleep too because in those countries they don't sleep o if you really want to hustle hard. Best of luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by greggng: 3:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
ferhyntorlah:

At the bolded, it show you are not current with what's happening on ground. Haven't you heard that the US is revoking visas up and down, even at the point of entry at the airports?

Why it this so? It's because of what you typed up there! Nigerians using the US as point of entry to Canada and the Canadian government has woken up to the Nigerian entry style and have informed the US embassy to do something about it.

How the action of a few is causing pain to thousands with genuine intentions to visit the US.

If you read carefully you would 've seen were I mentioned that the only difficult thing in the trip is getting to USA. Nobody cares how you made it to USA but just get there. There is no way USA can stop all Nigerians from entry that country. And there is no way the can see the minds construction on the face. People must survive whether you like it or not

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by hush15: 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
papascode:
Good day all,

Thank you

If you ask me, since you can settle down professionally, go Canada abeg. success is not what you saved, it's your ability to replicate such savings anywhere you find yourself.

If you can be this prudent in Nigeria in a legitimate way, I bet you can be successful in a place like Canada as long as the visa is sure. don't let anyone scam you o on this travelling thing o cos it can drain you if your source isn't sure and put sand for your garri. but if your visa process is sure and granted, abeg go Canada.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by emelda86(f): 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
theenchanter:
People shouting Canada upandan, if after his M.sc in Canada n things are not rosy as predicted nko?

Op, nothing beats business!! Just take ur time to think of starting a biz, or if u have a skill, u can bolster it.

U may be d next Dangote, u know?. But if u have better option than just roaming d streets of Canada after ur masters, no problem.

Canada better pass after his M sc no how he won't survive well
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Pope22(m): 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
Play bet of 10 odds and win 90m in a week.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by danhans(m): 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
Good day bro......I don't comment here but have to do,if actually you have 9m for travelling and invest wisely.A pure water factory is a good deal depending on what you know and your package there ate other good deal also bro
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Is04970: 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
3 words: Go to Canada.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by damlawrence101: 3:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
Walahi if I 've 4million naira lasan I will rush back ome from Dubai.....n start my soft drinks and wine wholesale business .....bro nothing dey abroad how many people wey dey Canada can boast of 10million

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by emelda86(f): 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
If I were you I'll not hesitate to travel to Canada after your MSC u will get better job there & maybe venture into importation.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by agent01(m): 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
Pls, don't venture into sachet water business. I really salute you for the discipline and sacrifice you exhibited to gather the money. I suggest that you buy 2 tippers and thereafter gather money to buy 1 excavator. If well managed you will see yourself making nothing less than 2 million monthly. All you need to do is to start your research and have the experience. This is an advice that you will never regret. Wish you the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by stevnwigw1: 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
use 8m to buy bitcoin, continue with your job and marry, age is not on your side. Marry that girl ,you want to leave her and travel to Canada.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by olufemi2211(m): 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
My sincere advice...Leave Nigeria if u know u truly have enough to start up a new life in Canada...I'll advice u to go though the Canadian Express Entry route...This country wey we dey hmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 To N-power Beneficiaries Today, Says Minister / What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? / What Is The Start Up Salary Of An Air Force Recruit With SSCE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.