Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,231 members, 7,807,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. (42183 Views)

White Collar Job And Starting My Own Business: Which Is Better? / Meet Michael Chukwuebuka Who Sells Bottled, Pure Water In Suit In Lagos (Photos) / Pure Water Seller Wearing Makeup Surprises Twitter Users (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by chyima(f): 4:41pm On Jun 02, 2018
Morounofolu:
They are IT guys employed for special IT project.

That's one off payment not compared to the normal contract staff that are under the monthly payroll of the bank
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2018
Just got this now,from another thread, it might be helpful

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by abike12(f): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2018
Please leave that country. Goodluck with everything
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Morounofolu: 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
chyima:

That's one off payment not compared to the normal contract staff that are under the monthly payroll of the bank
They are under monthly payroll of the bank my friend has been there for three years. He was employed by VLA.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by sykeng(m): 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2018
nbuli:
Pls bro....
You've tried to save such a money, I'll advice you to go into FMCG ( fast moving consumer goods) like grain business selling of rice, beans, melon + egusi, coca oat yam vegetable oil, corn, etc,or better still you'll go into chemist or pharmaceutical business, I bet they are more lucrative than any other thing.. They pay more than yahoo self...( just kidding)
I can't advice you to enter into any manufacturing biz cos of the unfavorable governmental policies like multiple taxations,
Secondly, don't ever dream of going to Canada, the visa cost, flight fee, standard of living, education cost, acquiring work permit....
Find any biz that relate to food ..... Better go into stock fish wholesale,....
Don't go into logistics ( cars )
All constructive criticism are all welcomed

Bros, these businesses are good no doubt. but I have seen who invested a huge some money in biz, more than what the op has, and d biz failed, he has to pessimistic anyway, with @ most 4million he can make a good journey to a nice country and study, if he can integrate into their system the sky ll be his limit. life is not all about money and intimidating the less privilege, in western world, you may not feel the sense of belonging because of different culture and heritage. is a place where everything works, you are sure of the air you breath, the water you drink even the food you eat, security et al. all he needs is to plan well
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by chikachuks1(m): 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2018
papascode:
Good day all,

I have been confused on what to do with the money I have saved. I am a contract staff in one of the banks and I have saved considerable amount of money over the years I have been working there. But I am tired of my job, as same as many of my colleagues who wish they had one quarter of the money I had saved to quit the job.

I am not a lazy man I am very hardworking as adhuged by my supervisors but the issue is I have stayed on one spot for too long and no promotion. My greatest joy is that I was able to achieve a masters degree in a federal university in nigeria while working but my job doesn't give me time to even look out for other jobs.
So please guys I am throwing this up here because I know on this thread there are people who have been in my situation before that made the better choice and are happy for it.
I have two very important decisions to make either to use the money I have saved to travel abroad for school for masters and hopfully settle down there or to stay here in Nigeria to start up a pure water production factory but Nigeria and it's uncertainties keeps discouraging me. kindly note that I have saved up to 9million naira to take up any of these ventures and I am 35 years not yet married.
Please I need honest advice to a brother there are some persons like me who will benefit from this advice we render.
Thank you
my advice is that you go into pure water business with the mindset of expanding to other beverage product. there is money in Nigeria and you will also create jobs. but make sure you do a thorough study of the business before going into it

keep following www.infoducation.com.ng
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2018
chyima:

Entry level she was in head office and had no business with customers.though she was doing any major expenses like house rent cos she was leaving from the house,she is very prudent did lots of TB which accumulated her income

Well women sabi save sha. They will spend a guy's money and keep there own. Smh
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by chyima(f): 4:55pm On Jun 02, 2018
Morounofolu:
They are under monthly payroll of the bank my friend has been there for three years. He was employed by VLA.

This is really good then ,he is on a bigger boyz parole.If he isn't married tell him I am greeting��

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Partnerbiz(f): 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
Rhyzer:
My best advice is this.
Use the money to process the Canadian school stuff.
Get your admission and go. When you are in Canada, the essential money you need to survive is your tuition, you are allowed to work up to 20hrs a week which will take care of your cost of living and you've hard working in Nigeria and you'll survive and could do better.

Work on getting the pure water factory running with aids of people who are reliable if you work out a structure on that.
If this option doesn't work out right, the rest of the fund with you can be used to start vehicle import to Nigeria while you are in Canada. They come up cheap when you buy from individual and how much you bargain. And this will never disturb your studies or any other thing you need doing while schooling. If you are coming to school in Canada, make sure you go with your driver's license as old as possible.

Why old drivers licence pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Morounofolu: 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
chyima:

This is really good then ,he is on a bigger boyz parole.If he isn't married tell him I am greeting��
Not married yet, but planning to move out to Australia soon. You can PM me but he is a quiet type.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by sykeng(m): 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
soledayo:
Hi guy...i rrlocated to Canada recently. My advise come to Canada and after few months u will be settled. You reap d rewards of ur efforts easily. Output will justify input....but it may take few months here o. Won't say anything about my Naija

Nice one, patient is the key, you won't just go there and start plucking money, work hard, develop yourself in line of what is in need over there and I bet him, the sky will be his limit.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by cjbaba2011: 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
eezeribe:
Your case is different...
9 million is big on paper,but when it enters the battle field,logistics will come and choke it...
Manufacturing is not as easy as most people think,it involves a whole network of logistics,most people who succeed in manufacturing actually gained experience and contacts from their days in buying and selling viz wholesale,retail,distributorship, etc
If you can settle in Canada with a PROFESSIONAL JOB,it will be nice...
Otherwise I will suggest you think of another line of business,starting with buying and selling before growing into manufacturing...

I don't know much about manufacturing but I have lived in Canada for 3 years. It is not easy to get professional job here with your Nigeria certificate. You have to know that you have to work survival jobs for sometime while going to school or challenging the examination in your field if your field of study is regulated. Regulated professions are engineering , account , medicine etc. After getting your license to practice then you have look for job.
The found thing about Canada is that even if you have 20 years of experience here in Nigeria they prefer someone that have even one month Canadain experience in that field you may find it hard to get jobs in your profession after having the licence to practice. The is true for all professions expect medical related like medical doctor (although their qualification exam take longer time), nursing, medical lab. But medical course related qualification exams are more harder, costly and takes time.
In unregulated professions is even harder to get a job the employer will prefer someone with grade 12 certificate( equivalent to our secondary school) with experience than you with masters degree.
The hard thing about Canada is that empolyers find it hard to give someone that don't Canadain experience opportunity.

Going to school here and study courses that are demand here is another way to make it here. I have seen someone that read political science in Nigerian and go back to school here and read nursing because is in demand here.

Since you are single you can work 2 or more surivial jobs and will be able to make some money first. Here cost of living is high and tax is high too. But overall is still better than Nigeria. And also don't give up when you come here or give up in your dream and end up working 2 to 3 survival jobs for the rest of your life here.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by amedualiyi: 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
Before you can earn up to 120k monthly as a contract staff in a bank, you must have spent over 5 years. Average contract staff earns 80k in the banking sector. OP did not make that money being a contract staff
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by holajeedayy: 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
papascode:
Good day all,

I have been confused on what to do with the money I have saved. I am a contract staff in one of the banks and I have saved considerable amount of money over the years I have been working there. But I am tired of my job, as same as many of my colleagues who wish they had one quarter of the money I had saved to quit the job.

I am not a lazy man I am very hardworking as adhuged by my supervisors but the issue is I have stayed on one spot for too long and no promotion. My greatest joy is that I was able to achieve a masters degree in a federal university in nigeria while working but my job doesn't give me time to even look out for other jobs.
So please guys I am throwing this up here because I know on this thread there are people who have been in my situation before that made the better choice and are happy for it.
I have two very important decisions to make either to use the money I have saved to travel abroad for school for masters and hopfully settle down there or to stay here in Nigeria to start up a pure water production factory but Nigeria and it's uncertainties keeps discouraging me. kindly note that I have saved up to 9million naira to take up any of these ventures and I am 35 years not yet married.
Please I need honest advice to a brother there are some persons like me who will benefit from this advice we render.
Thank you
Go learn work u thank me latter
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Mcslize: 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
papascode

You've done well for saving such amount of money. The good thing is that you've been working as a contract staff for a long time and you've possessed some handful of experience to kick start your migration journey to Canada through the Express entry route.

If you've done your masters degree , no need to do another one abroad. If at all you still want to further your education, then go for your PhD abroad. But I don't think that is necessary if you are not aiming at being a lecturer any time soon.

My candid advice for you is to migrate to Canada as a permanent resident through the Federal express entry route. When you arrive Canada, do some bridging programmes and without delay ,you will get an amazing job in no time in Canny. Bridging programmes are programmes done to help new immigrants integrate into the Canada work system.

Being a Canada permanent resident is a decision you will never regret for the rest of your life. As you have the means , I will truly advice you to travel out as a bona fide Canada PR.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Boss13: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2018
soledayo:
Hi guy...i rrlocated to Canada recently. My advise come to Canada and after few months u will be settled. You reap d rewards of ur efforts easily. Output will justify input....but it may take few months here o. Won't say anything about my Naija

Are you sure? Don’t say thing you cannot validate.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by bowale21(f): 5:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
I don't want to believe that your 9m as a contract staff but I will only tell you to leave that desk before you find yourself in prison and implicate others.I don't think there's any bank paying 100k presently to any contract staff so how come 9m??Even if you're 5yrs in the sector you can't tell me you didn't buy phone or clothes to look good.But wht's my own

Leave pure water biz, light is not stable and the cost of diesel,transportation aspect, bill for the light you didn't use,paying staff e.t.c will run you down.So I wil highlight some biz you can try .

-Do drinks in wholesales (bigi,pepsi)are hot products but check your location for moving product (my sis is into it as distibutor)

-Wholesales alcohol (trophy )that's the moving one but check your side for moving one. (my cousin is into it and her gain for december alone I can't type so you won't think I'm exaggerating )

-Foodstuffs: semo,wheat,spaghetti, flour,noodles e.t.c from flour mills add groudnut oil, rice e.t.c.Their office is in Lagos go there for details as a distributor or partner with someone to buy direct from the company. (my sis is into it and her shop at mile12 massive sales everyday)

-Start baby things from infant to ages but I will advise you learn first from people so you will know the importation and clearing aspect . (is profitable and moving)

All this you can get shop and start 3-5m depending on you keep the remaining in treasury bill .

Leave abroad for vacation relocating is not that rosy as you think

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Partnerbiz(f): 5:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
Wealthycharles:

I totally object to buying and selling.
I will suggest a service rendering kind of biz.
If you're in Lagos, think about Keke transportation biz.
One keke sells for 640k, plate number and other logistics will take the total cost to almost 700k after wish ur Keke can hit the road for their money. Having said that, if u invest 7million to put 10 Keke on the road on an hire purchase agreement, each will give u 1m after 14 months ,profit from each will be 300k. Imagine 300k *10 Keke, in 14 months u will have both ur investment capital and a total profit of 3m. This is legit. I am into it and it's cool.

If u ask me, I think 3 million naira profit on an investment of 7 million for 14 months is not bad.

Remember, patience and discipline is key to succeed in this biz and I'm sure the op has it.

What are the problems and issues that could arise?
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by chyima(f): 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2018
Morounofolu:
Not married yet, but planning to move out to Australia soon. You can PM me but he is a quiet type.
thanks anyway ,I am just joking
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2018
Millz404:

Bros if them dey drive keke for where you dey stay... Continue your contract job... Now this is what you should do

Brand new keke cost 660,000
That will get you up to 13 keke
Daily pay is 2500

As brand new... Mechanic problem no go dey for the first year

That 13 keke will give you 32,500 a day
32,500 x 25days a month minus sundays will give you
812,500 a month

Now multiply that in a year... You already have back your 9000,000

If you no want to dey get mechanic problem every time... After one year u can sell off all the keke... U go still sell am better money close to Wetin u buy am.

Join am like 4M buy new ones again....

Bros canada go be holiday trip

Bros I love this idea you gave. I want to venture in to this Keke business and I was told I can get a brand new one for 400,000. I want to buy like 10 and put on hire purchase. What do you think

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by mayo47(m): 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2018
My thoughts,

There ares still quite a number of viable businesses in Nigeria. (All balls down to your business strategy)

Why pure water busines? (Well you Know best)

Whatever business you intend to pursue please do a feasibility report.
If its feasible proceed to do a business plan & a realistic financial model (A business consultant can help with this)

The economics around Canada at the moment might not make it easy with settling down there as it used to be.
You can look at New Zealand & Australia instead.

All the best,

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by basicallyme(m): 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
why not invest in outdoor digital printing
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Sall(m): 5:28pm On Jun 02, 2018
At op, i will ask if you have a land. Then starting a pure water business will be wort it, it won't take even half of your savings. Firstly, get a borehole in the house. The pure water ceiling machine is between 850 to 650 thousand for both the Garman and China respectively. The business is more profitable than you can imagine.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Reeses: 5:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
I will say stay back in Nigeria and rock it out 3 million for water bussiness and 3 million for 2 different minor bussiness on the side the remaining 3 million should go into your savings .. Canada will not grant you a visa after your masters and sooner they will stop granting visas to Nigerians to visit either USA or Canada..so stay home bro
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Partnerbiz(f): 5:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
Boss13:
@OP I think you made the first mistake to come here seeking advice. I have read all the comments and I’m not surprise with the comments here. I would drop some things here, but I don’t know if it would help you.

- Your N9m is relatively not much. However, if you are resilient you can convert that money to an empire.

- You already have a Masters, why go for another Masters again in Canada. If you are looking at education as a means to immigrate, please note there are other ways to immigrate to Canada apart from Education. What many people don’t tell you is the pains they go through during schooling. You don’t need to go through that stress to immigrate since you have a masters and why would an Employer employ an individual with 2 Masters. He seems confused academically or too expensive as a staff. The average highest degree in Canada is Bachelors and Canada is big on experience rather than academics. Canada is also big on soft skills than technical skills. If you want to immigrate, please note that you have to be prepared. You cannot escape Bills as it’s being done in Nigeria. Also, you cannot get rich quick or get rich at all, but you may afford the basic things of life which is treasured as Gold in Nigeria. You cannot oppress anyone abroad materially because the average Jones on the street is just like you and basically has everything you have. The only people you can impress is Nigerians in Nigeria or illegal immigrants. Nobody send you for abroad. So that Nigerian mentality of getting rich is useless.

- On the other hand, the business environs in Nigeria is tough and comes with challenges. I cannot tell you to go and do business because only you would face the challenge.

First, You need to sit down and evaluate your life. You seem dissatisfied. It’s normal. Do you want to switch job. If you get a job as a permanent staff, would you be more happy? If that’s the case, then start looking for a job. If you claim you don’t have time, then you don’t want another job.

Also, another question you should be asking yourself - why do you want to start a business? Do you have the entrepreneurial skills? Do you have the ability to be resilient when there are challenges? Are you a good sales man? Do you have people skills and can you manage people and motive them positively? Do you hate working for others? If these are your question, then start your business. If you cannot answer these questions, your N9m will go down the drain and put you under pressure.

Finally if you are considering the immigration route - why do you want to immigrate? Do you want to switch career or environment? Are you a flexible person that can adapt? Are you willingly to change your opinion? Can you integrate properly? There is no money to pick on the streets in the western world? You actually work thoroughly for every hour and on the hour? The Canada you want to run to still operates the Contract worker stuff. In fact it’s a normal practice, but as a contractor, you may earn more or less depending on your skill set, experience and the need for your skill. So you maybe running away from being a contract staff only to end up being another contract staff. It’s just a Nigerian perception crap and poor labour law that makes contract staff look like stench.

I have written more than I initially prepare to.

You are savvy oga.
Comment more on Nairaland.
lol
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Evidenx(m): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
Millz404:

Bros if them dey drive keke for where you dey stay... Continue your contract job... Now this is what you should do

Brand new keke cost 660,000
That will get you up to 13 keke
Daily pay is 2500

As brand new... Mechanic problem no go dey for the first year

That 13 keke will give you 32,500 a day
32,500 x 25days a month minus sundays will give you
812,500 a month

Now multiply that in a year... You already have back your 9000,000

If you no want to dey get mechanic problem every time... After one year u can sell off all the keke... U go still sell am better money close to Wetin u buy am.

Join am like 4M buy new ones again....

Bros canada go be holiday trip

i just dey take time to read comment since to see who go give the kind advice weh i wan give OP,bros na u give am..well don sir,OP follow this advice,keke business good wella.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Mercurypanther(m): 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2018
bowale21:
I don't want to believe that your 9m as a contract staff but I will only tell you to leave that desk before you find yourself in prison and implicate others.I don't think there's any bank paying 100k presently to any contract staff so how come 9m??Even if you're 5yrs in the sector you can't tell me you didn't buy phone or clothes to look good.But wht's my own

Leave pure water biz, light is not stable and the cost of diesel,transportation aspect, bill for the light you didn't use,paying staff e.t.c will run you down.So I wil highlight some biz you can try .

-Do drinks in wholesales (bigi,pepsi)are hot products but check your location for moving product (my sis is into it as distibutor)

-Wholesales alcohol (trophy )that's the moving one but check your side for moving one. (my cousin is into it and her gain for december alone I can't type so you won't think I'm exaggerating )

-Foodstuffs: semo,wheat,spaghetti, flour,noodles e.t.c from flour mills add groudnut oil, rice e.t.c.Their office is in Lagos go there for details as a distributor or partner with someone to buy direct from the company. (my sis is into it and her shop at mile12 massive sales everyday)

-Start baby things from infant to ages but I will advise you learn first from people so you will know the importation and clearing aspect . (is profitable and moving)

All this you can get shop and start 3-5m depending on you keep the remaining in treasury bill .

Leave abroad for vacation relocating is not that rosy as you think
can I have your mail... I'll love to communicate with you with regards to this... Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by DatFulaniBruh(m): 5:34pm On Jun 02, 2018
START A RICE MILL. JOIN THE RICE REVOLUTION. WHO KNOWS MAYBE IN 3 YEARS YOU WILL BE BAGGING YOUR OWN PADDY RICE. YOU CAN DM ME LETS GET TALKING
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by landsale: 5:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
Good opportunity. Canadian jobs are good. But, living cost is very high. International candidates are accepted? My favorite fields are teaching and banking. How about the bank jobs in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Reeses: 5:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
By the way all this people telling you to travel to Canada are really your enemies because they want to squander all your money in getting a visa to canada and after school thats if you get approved you will have to return back to Nigeria or do you want to hide as an illegal immigrants just like bunch of Nigerians scattered like headless chickens all over the world. I advice you to Stay put and enjoy your life in Nigeria dont travel to Canada and end up overstaying your visa..
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by MissRaine69(f): 5:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
Just know this when you arrive in Canada
You will have to start from the very bottom and even if you go there via the eduaction route permanent residencey is not guaranteed. Most Nigerians struggle to make that adaption from being a big boy at home to another immigrant from Africa. Then what will you do if you can’t stay? Don’t even think about starting a business and then going abroad your money will disappear quicker than rain in a desert.
The grass is not always greener further away from home.
Here you can work and watch your business grow.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by solepager(m): 5:41pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ucpaker:

Tell me more about this first bank money market fund

You get 13.5 percent of the capital you invest in every month.
It also increases sometimes. The sure thing is your capital won't be hurt whatever happens since it is invest in FG bonds and etc. ARM also does it.

Imagine you invest 500k. Do the maths

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Years After Graduation: What Are Your Experiences In The Labour Market? / How Much Is Your Current Salary? / FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 To N-power Beneficiaries Today, Says Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.