Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,890 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. (42168 Views)

White Collar Job And Starting My Own Business: Which Is Better? / Meet Michael Chukwuebuka Who Sells Bottled, Pure Water In Suit In Lagos (Photos) / Pure Water Seller Wearing Makeup Surprises Twitter Users (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by missuzoma: 5:42pm On Jun 02, 2018
Stay clear of pure water business! It's too complicated
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by donkaz2(m): 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2018
Get out of this country pls and don't even think of study now , get into Canada get a job and start making money then after 2years enroll for another MSC if u so wish but pls take my contact along u might want to appreciate me someday for this piece .
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Boschh(m): 5:49pm On Jun 02, 2018
Boss13:
@OP I think you made the first mistake to come here seeking advice. I have read all the comments and I’m not surprise with the comments here. I would drop some things here, but I don’t know if it would help you.

- Your N9m is relatively not much. However, if you are resilient you can convert that money to an empire.

- You already have a Masters, why go for another Masters again in Canada. If you are looking at education as a means to immigrate, please note there are other ways to immigrate to Canada apart from Education. What many people don’t tell you is the pains they go through during schooling. You don’t need to go through that stress to immigrate since you have a masters and why would an Employer employ an individual with 2 Masters. He seems confused academically or too expensive as a staff. The average highest degree in Canada is Bachelors and Canada is big on experience rather than academics. Canada is also big on soft skills than technical skills. If you want to immigrate, please note that you have to be prepared. You cannot escape Bills as it’s being done in Nigeria. Also, you cannot get rich quick or get rich at all, but you may afford the basic things of life which is treasured as Gold in Nigeria. You cannot oppress anyone abroad materially because the average Jones on the street is just like you and basically has everything you have. The only people you can impress is Nigerians in Nigeria or illegal immigrants. Nobody send you for abroad. So that Nigerian mentality of getting rich is useless.

- On the other hand, the business environs in Nigeria is tough and comes with challenges. I cannot tell you to go and do business because only you would face the challenge.

First, You need to sit down and evaluate your life. You seem dissatisfied. It’s normal. Do you want to switch job. If you get a job as a permanent staff, would you be more happy? If that’s the case, then start looking for a job. If you claim you don’t have time, then you don’t want another job.

Also, another question you should be asking yourself - why do you want to start a business? Do you have the entrepreneurial skills? Do you have the ability to be resilient when there are challenges? Are you a good sales man? Do you have people skills and can you manage people and motive them positively? Do you hate working for others? If these are your question, then start your business. If you cannot answer these questions, your N9m will go down the drain and put you under pressure.

Finally if you are considering the immigration route - why do you want to immigrate? Do you want to switch career or environment? Are you a flexible person that can adapt? Are you willingly to change your opinion? Can you integrate properly? There is no money to pick on the streets in the western world? You actually work thoroughly for every hour and on the hour? The Canada you want to run to still operates the Contract worker stuff. In fact it’s a normal practice, but as a contractor, you may earn more or less depending on your skill set, experience and the need for your skill. So you maybe running away from being a contract staff only to end up being another contract staff. It’s just a Nigerian perception crap and poor labour law that makes contract staff look like stench.

I have written more than I initially prepare to.

Words of God Himself..

Nothing more shall be added to this, Nothing more shall be taken away from it..

OP, Listen to these words, Because your Next Move might either Make you or Break You..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by tosyne09: 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
Weldone bravo! If you can get a sure link, Canada for MSc to Job in Canada is the most viable and on the contrary, look into Agro-business of your Choice or look for trusted Agro business consultant to help you out. Dont come back here and post how one Lady or 419 duped you bro. all the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Generalkorex(m): 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
papascode:
Good day all,

I have been confused on what to do with the money I have saved. I am a contract staff in one of the banks and I have saved considerable amount of money over the years I have been working there. But I am tired of my job, as same as many of my colleagues who wish they had one quarter of the money I had saved to quit the job.

I am not a lazy man I am very hardworking as adhuged by my supervisors but the issue is I have stayed on one spot for too long and no promotion. My greatest joy is that I was able to achieve a masters degree in a federal university in nigeria while working but my job doesn't give me time to even look out for other jobs.
So please guys I am throwing this up here because I know on this thread there are people who have been in my situation before that made the better choice and are happy for it.
I have two very important decisions to make either to use the money I have saved to travel abroad for school for masters and hopfully settle down there or to stay here in Nigeria to start up a pure water production factory but Nigeria and it's uncertainties keeps discouraging me. kindly note that I have saved up to 9million naira to take up any of these ventures and I am 35 years not yet married.
Please I need honest advice to a brother there are some persons like me who will benefit from this advice we render.
Thank you
Why not look into cooking gas plant business
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
Millz404:

Bros if them dey drive keke for where you dey stay... Continue your contract job... Now this is what you should do

Brand new keke cost 660,000
That will get you up to 13 keke
Daily pay is 2500

As brand new... Mechanic problem no go dey for the first year

That 13 keke will give you 32,500 a day
32,500 x 25days a month minus sundays will give you
812,500 a month

Now multiply that in a year... You already have back your 9000,000

If you no want to dey get mechanic problem every time... After one year u can sell off all the keke... U go still sell am better money close to Wetin u buy am.

Join am like 4M buy new ones again....

Bros canada go be holiday trip

OP don't try this, you will lose your money. Talking to you out of an experience, except you will drive the Keke your self. Don't try this at home.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Appliedmaths(m): 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
Mires:

Stop given wrong advise and people clicking like for you.

Who told you that if 91 days NTB is 10%, and he decides to purchase with #9m he will earn #900k quarterly?

My friend, you got it wrong. It will be #900,000/4 = #225,000 quarterly.

Mind you, TB isn't investment. It is an avenue to keep idle money afloat with inflationary pressure rather than keeping it in savings account, which will amount to losing value.

At times of confusion like this the best thing to do is to sink that money somewhere and have a clear plan in order to avoid mistakes. Even my dog knows TB isn't a business venture but history has shown that people in this position get it wrong 8/10 times. If you noticed I wasn't in support of his pure water biz cuz it'll fail (don't ask me how), going to Canada isn't bad but let him make that choice with his own guts and not coerced to, I can't have 9m in Nigeria and travel to Canada to start all over again but let him decide on his own.

As for the TB analysis, it's technically flawed I miscalculated the days in each quarter. I've been juiced over the week, preparing series if quarterly account statements. But hope you get the point? All he needs to do now is to think and plan and be prepared to live with the outcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Millz404(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
grossintel:
OP don't try this, you will lose your money. Talking to you out of an experience, except you will drive the Keke your self. Don't try this at home.

See this man.... U never see two people wey start the same business, one run into debt, the other one succeed....

Business na good planning and opportunity

Ur problem na driver... Me u go pay the 2500 before you carry d keke for morning... Na new keke, give me story two times, i change u

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Naturalista(f): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
cluewebhost:
Nothing is Guaranteed

I love this .
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by okwabayi(m): 6:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
On one hand you can start the pure water business and make money. On another you can school in Canada and get a job afterwards. A tricky situation but I'll try to think of a better [in my own terms] option.

Pure water is ubiquitous in this country. The main people hammering the most from the business are those who started in the mid 90s, maybe earlier. To break into the business is one thing, gaining ground and making profit is another.
I believe the risk free option is the MSc. You being a hardworker can get the certificate, a job there and start life. Worst case scenario you'll come back with it and find an upgrade from your old job.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by adesbaba: 6:16pm On Jun 02, 2018
ogbonti:

Those that have ears, let them hear, best advise so far

Which hear....what if he starts the business n things r not moving fine nko.?..Abeg,let's learn to be real...life is all abt risk...A paddy travelled out for his studies in the same UK where they said tins r tyt..this same guy studied in one of d not so highly ranked skuls and got a job tru recommendation in one of the cities dominated by white.....Another went to USA ,did an MSC,finished as one of the best grad student..he is with Goldman Sachs today as an Associate,investment banker.do u know aw many ppl will tell him WHY NOT STAY IN NAIJA...Do u know wot his huge pay n connection as an Ibanker in Sachs means for a guy without kids or wife..... Some ppl make it over there..while some Don't...One of my mentors did MSC computer engineering in Germany...He learnt the tricks of d land ,skul n culture..He is although brilliant..wyl still a student In d skul ,he travelled to Argentina, n USA for programmes to represent the skul(not dept).he just got married dis year,young dude.....Bros,ppl r making it everywhere while some are lamenting everywhere...depends on aw smart u r ...so OP,Sit down..plan well..Will u go to Canny tru express entry or MSC,if u hav a good univ result, u can even get funding .but pray wella for TRV approval...do internship while in skul n network well......u will get a good job..Or study the pure water business for like 6-8 Months then decide urself...Or u buy some treasury bills or good Fixed deposit with a part of d money while u decide on wot to do...but don't enter Canada via USA ooo or illegally,u will regret it .......#But sir how did u save DAT much money n aw long av u been working?#just curious #

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Appliedmaths(m): 6:16pm On Jun 02, 2018
mayo47:

Oga, this your calculation get K+Y leg. Re-check because this isnt true

I miscalculated the days in each quarter jare, my bad. But my point is the OP needs to put that funds somewhere now and go have a deep rethink before embarking on any further journey. The Canada option would have been juicy if he didn't have that much in Nigeria to operate with, not taking 9m that can do wonders here to Canada only to start from the basics again.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
Millz404:

See this man.... U never see two people wey start the same business, one run into debt, the other one succeed....

Business na good planning and opportunity

Ur problem na driver... Me u go pay the 2500 before you carry d keke for morning... Na new keke, give me story two times, i change u

Wait until your driver claims your keke was stolen at gunpoint with bullet wounds as proof. I will never advice anyone to do this business again.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Lewist(m): 6:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
If Canada dey sure for you my broda what are you waiting for and if you like to come USA just hala at me

papascode:
Good day all,

I have been confused on what to do with the money I have saved. I am a contract staff in one of the banks and I have saved considerable amount of money over the years I have been working there. But I am tired of my job, as same as many of my colleagues who wish they had one quarter of the money I had saved to quit the job.

I am not a lazy man I am very hardworking as adhuged by my supervisors but the issue is I have stayed on one spot for too long and no promotion. My greatest joy is that I was able to achieve a masters degree in a federal university in nigeria while working but my job doesn't give me time to even look out for other jobs.
So please guys I am throwing this up here because I know on this thread there are people who have been in my situation before that made the better choice and are happy for it.
I have two very important decisions to make either to use the money I have saved to travel abroad for school for masters and hopfully settle down there or to stay here in Nigeria to start up a pure water production factory but Nigeria and it's uncertainties keeps discouraging me. kindly note that I have saved up to 9million naira to take up any of these ventures and I am 35 years not yet married.
Please I need honest advice to a brother there are some persons like me who will benefit from this advice we render.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Millz404(m): 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
grossintel:
Wait until your driver claims your keke was stolen at gunpoint with bullet wounds as proof. I will never advice anyone to do this business again.

Do insurance, get the driver to provide guarantor
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
fasho01:
Go to Canada joor.. Is that one hard to decide again

i just wonder....
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
Millz404:

Do insurance, get the driver to provide guarantor
And what will the guarantor do for you? Refund you your money abi you wan to take the driver to court? They will just ask him to pay you 5k every month till he completes the money because it's not his fault. And which company insures Keke Napepe? See just be careful how you deal with these guy's and don't put alot of money into it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Yeyelite(m): 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
The sachet water business is not good for someone who has no good shock absorbe, he may die before his time. Staffs, drivers and factory workers have made many producers hypertensive . Also, #9m is not bad if you have the landed property stand by , your trucks must be sound so as not to term it spiritual when the problems start. Most importantly , it is a must you keep eagle eye on this business. It is profitable and you would not regret it if you don't eat with ten fingers. I am five years old as a producer.You can also reduce cost if you make it a family business, not extended family please, strangers are better than them.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Mcslize: 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
soledayo:
Hi guy...i rrlocated to Canada recently. My advise come to Canada and after few months u will be settled. You reap d rewards of ur efforts easily. Output will justify input....but it may take few months here o. Won't say anything about my Naija

Kindly share your Canada experience for the period you've been there bro. All of us here including the Op will have something to learn greatly.

Some persons always make it seems like relocating abroad is a suffer head movement. But I always tell such persons that the only people that suffer abroad are those without plan and those that do not know what they want in life.

Your experience will highly be welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by lovethchioma(f): 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
Alex80s:
Rush to Canada. If you have seen their minimum wage, you wouldn't have asked this question.
Please what is their minimum wage?
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by chrischukszy01(m): 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2018
papascode:
Good day all,

Thank you
Oga there is no way u can save up to #9 million as a contract staff even if you have been in the bank for the past 11 yes, now as a contract staff FBN pays 80k plus, Access bank, pays about 60k plus,UBA 70 k plus and the host of others, so how did you manage to come with such an amount as a contract staff, do want to tell me you don't do other expenditure as a human even if na only garri u dey soak. So 9 mill I didnt buy that. U for say like 900k,except you are into fruad perid !

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by fopishow(m): 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2018
Sir, your calculation is very very wrong. Please dont mislead the young man on tbills.
Appliedmaths:
Mr OP, your 9million divided into 4 quarters of FG treasury bills with a min if 10% interest rate would fetch you about 900k * 4 yearly while you keep strolling to your contract job knowing you're functioning on full cylinders.

What you're feeling now is all in your head, don't squander that 9mill only to regret tomorrow oooo. For someone like me that loves risk, I'll multiply that 9mill by 3 given 1 year tops.

Study the pure water biz intoto but I believe there are more lucrative venture to multiply that cash.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by shugacain: 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
Shalomc:

could that be your own advise
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Johnpaul1099: 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
For me i would say look for a good location and build your own Gas Station 8m should build a 2.5 tonne gas station.

Thank me later
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Felixv: 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
If you go to the US and study a for a masters in a
STEM degree you ‘can’ work in the US for about 3yrs - that is called OPT, this is the current state of affairs but Trump has some plans for that- he might remove the 2yr extension.

As per doing a business in naija - that takes a huge effort and thorough planning. You can get some land a go into farming — or post processing -just remember that there are no guarantees.

I am not sure how it works in Canada - but i know due to visa issues there is a huge swift of immigration from the states to Canada — means a lot more people are considering Canada as a prime destination.

Don’t forget money is saved is best spent judiciously
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by mfm04622: 6:47pm On Jun 02, 2018
if you are sure that 9M can conveniently finish your program and you will be given time to search for job afterwards, please forget doing business in Nigeria and go for Canada. Simple
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by mfm04622: 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2018
fopishow:
Sir, your calculation is very very wrong. Please dont mislead the young man on tbills.

The man works in a bank, so he should know the correct thing
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by fakati(m): 6:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
My prayer for you is that God will lead you to embark on that which is going to be the best for your life.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by lloyds(m): 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
Pray to God for direction. . He is the best guide.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by bababodmas(m): 6:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
papascode:
Good day all,

Thank you

Pure water industry is lucrative only if you have the heart and the tenacity......they have their peak season and off season..... The major problem they face includes the under listed:

Nafdac
Bad road (for delivery)
Constant break down of vehicles (stemming from no2 problem)
Motor boys and drivers trying to defraud you by packing excess bags of water for their personal sales
Electricity issue (as suffered by all manufacturer)
Excessive cost of running generator (as a result of this epileptic electricity situation

But the good news remain..... No problem is insurmountable (I can be of great help to you )

All you need is a direct access to a mentor (who will show you how to go about the entrepreneurial journey

My take: Even though pure water business might be lucrative as claimed by some pple.....don't invest in it if you don't have genuine advice and support from a practitioner,...... Someone who's currently doing it.

I repeat.... DONT INVEST WITHOUT SUPPORT

ON travelling to Canada......

As sweet as this might sound......there is still no place like home ooo my brother..

Though I never travel outta this country before ooo....but we hear some report about the struggle pple sometimes face to succeed over there.

However, for u to have saved 9million in Nigeria and still have an MSC certification while still slaving yourself away in a bank shows a distinction about you...... Which goes to show that you are likely to succeed anywhere u find yourself.

My brother this is my final advice....

The only person who can help with the right choice I'm a time like this is GOD...not any of us

So dedicate just 3 days to pray and worship God with fasting (be determined to recieve a response from God... Be expectant).... He will surely come through.... Trust me....I know what am talking about...

Ask him yourself.... Don't ask any pastor or church leader (he is as much a father to you as he is to them....don't dull)

I wish u well sir

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by guru90: 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
i swear, taxation in Canada will chase u back to Nigeria......

Have a Firm in Nigeria before u travel out..........
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by JWTheocracy1: 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
olarwhumy6:
Recently my church invested 4m in first bank treasury bill which d duration is for 3months, they've received an interest of 270k. U can renew it after d 3mnths elapse.. mak further enquiries on it. I think d bigger d amount u invest, the bigger ur interests.

Tell your church to loan me that same money. I will give them 1million profit in 5months and have mine too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 To N-power Beneficiaries Today, Says Minister / What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? / What Is The Start Up Salary Of An Air Force Recruit With SSCE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.