Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,380 members, 7,781,065 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:20 AM

MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers (2549 Views)

Glo New Daily Data Splash / Glo New Data And Billing System / This Glo New Data Plan Will Amaze You - Full Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by naijanative: 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
Background - I load all my airtime online: Quickteller, Bank etc

Event

1. Glo

I loaded airtime N550 on my line online. The intention was to use it and buy data 1G for N500. I even put overage of N50 because of the fact they routinely subscribe customers to their useless VAS.

The transaction was successful. Received SMS

Shortly I received this: N2200 bonus

Attempted to subscribe to data: Insufficient credit was the response

Called Glo Customer Care: They told me that they updated their Terms and Conditions, that once I load airtime online or physically with a particular code, it automatically becomes subscribed to Glo X4 Promo. Where all your airtime is converted to promo. It did not make sense to me. So because I load airtime online that I get this punishment? I asked them to reverse it so that I can buy data buy. They refused citing their T & C.

I contacted NCC who are yet to do anything about it. Though they have asked Glo to respond to my request. Glo is yet to respond.

MTN

I decided to ditch Glo and load my MTN. Bought airtime online to subscribe to data. Here are the screenshots:
They credited me with N500 and loaded all the money as a bonus

Attempted to load data: the same issue again.
Called them, they promised to look into it within 24 hours, a stark difference to Glo.

I have no problem with buying bonus bundles with the main account. But customers should make that decision. I have checked NCC regulations. It shows this crap may have passed through them. But this is not about changing Tariff, it is about converting your money to something else illegally.

I checked why they are doing this: I looked at Glo X4 Promo. The bonus expires within 15 - 30 days. Local tariff X4 normal rate 45k/s as against 11k/s I enjoy in my main account. With the money in my main account, I get about 83 mins call without fear of airtime expiring(N550 @11k/s). With their X4 Promo @ 2200, 45k/s I get 81 minutes call with 1-month expiry. Essentially this is no promo but fraud. See table below:
For data , I will get 733MB as against 1024MB if I subscribed.

I have no issue with converting main credit to X4, X100 etc promo. But I need to use my hand to do that subscription. I remember when Airtel kept calling me to subscribe to X whatever promo. I will ask them to do the calculation - they literally, normally end the call. To me that's fine.

This is not right. We need to get this to the right people.

I would appreciate if this gets to frontpage to get opinions. I will attempt to post on Twitter and Facebook as well to create awareness. Possibly create a Campaign for it to get signatures.

I feel so bad for my country.

CC Mynd44 , Lalasticlala , Seun

10 Likes

Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by ZombiePUNISHER: 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2018
This people are ripping us off

EFCC should pay them a visit oh

5 Likes

Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by ZombiePUNISHER: 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2018
Calls tarriff on my glo and 9mobile is high...
It wasn't so before.. Don't know what happened..

A hundred naira airtime lasts for just 3minutes...

6 Likes

Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by KAYSANTOS: 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2018
And airtel too
Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by naijanative: 12:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
KAYSANTOS:
And airtel too

If you can gather tangible evidence that they're converting your main airtime to bonus without your express consent.
Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by front4line: 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:
Calls tarriff on my glo and 9mobile is high...
It wasn't so before.. Don't know what happened..

A hundred naira airtime lasts for just 3minutes...

That’s because the network providers knows you have nothing to share to the world but BS n you know what they say ignorance is more deadly than knowledge.

1 Like

Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by naijanative: 12:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
front4line:

That’s because the network providers knows you have nothing to share to the world but BS n you know what they say ignorance is more deadly than knowledge.
Please take politics out of this.
Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by DrRasheed: 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
Bro if u are living in Lagos, kano Kaduna or Abuja kindly print out these and go see NCC they have cool officers in those regional offices.
by Contacting ncc they won't take u serious, go to their office I'm sure your money will be paid back.
still pity those on mtn betatalk.

2 Likes

Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by naijanative: 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
Please can we move this to FrontPage? This issue pertains everyone . lalasticlala mynd44 mods
Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by ZombiePUNISHER: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2018
front4line:

You are missing a skull
Check for yours below

2 Likes

Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by uchemac2: 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
They are sure ripping us off but there is a way you can make money back from them . You can make over N1,200,000 in three months back from them. Watsapp +2348160838898. Serious minded business people only.
Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by uchemac2: 2:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
They are sure ripping us off but there is a way you can make money back from them . You can make over N1,200,000 in three months back from them. Watsapp 08160838898. Serious minded business people only.

1 Like

Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by YOUNGELDER1(m): 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2018
naijanative:

If you can gather tangible evidence that they're converting your main airtime to bonus without your express consent.

This is not even matter of it it’s exactly what they do.
I recharged my MTN line N5k to subscribe and immediately it was converted to bonus I was pissed.

I also tried subscribing on Glo which is a shared data between my woman and kid bro N3k it was also converted to bonus.
Called NCC but yet to be resolved.
I’m ditching both line for NTEL now I’m tired.

2 Likes

Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by naijanative: 5:34pm On Jun 02, 2018
YOUNGELDER1:

I recharged my MTN line N5k to subscribe and immediately it was converted to bonus I was pissed.

I also tried subscribing on Glo which is a shared data between my woman and kid bro N3k it was also converted to bonus.

I'm considering taking them to court for denial of service and damages. Hook up with me if interested

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by naijanative: 5:42pm On Jun 02, 2018
YOUNGELDER1:

This is really sad. I feel your pain. Seems I'll definitely sue them. They are making things hard for ordinary citizens. Customers should determine what services they want not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by vincentjk(m): 7:24pm On Jun 02, 2018
I once recharged N200 and Mtn stole it
Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by iliyande(m): 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2018
They did same to me, all efforts to make them reverse the credit wasn't successful...
Called ncc several times but it seems they are toothless but they kept promising me that they would take it up with glo..
Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by naijanative: 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2018
iliyande:
They did same to me, all efforts to make them reverse the credit wasn't successful...
Called ncc several times but it seems they are toothless but they kept promising me that they would take it up with glo..

Thank you for your input. I now understand why they completely ignored myself and NCC. NCC actually wrote them and copied me, Glo outrightly ignored NCC requests.

2 Likes

Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by naijacentric(m): 8:18am On Jun 03, 2018
Cant we all just switch off our phones to punish dis bastards dey are really riping us off n it seems fg too is allowing it bcus of some perks here n dere
Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by NOBODYY: 10:18am On Jun 03, 2018
Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by NOBODYY: 10:20am On Jun 03, 2018
Lmao

The same happened to me here https://www.nairaland.com/4516850/exposing-new-glo-fraud

Stupid people
Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by NaijaTechnician(m): 10:48am On Jun 03, 2018
naijanative:
Background - I load all my airtime online: Quickteller, Bank etc

Event

1. Glo

I loaded airtime N550 on my line online. The intention was to use it and buy data 1G for N500. I even put overage of N50 because of the fact they routinely subscribe customers to their useless VAS.

The transaction was successful. Received SMS

Shortly I received this: N2200 bonus

Attempted to subscribe to data: Insufficient credit was the response

Called Glo Customer Care: They told me that they updated their Terms and Conditions, that once I load airtime online or physically with a particular code, it automatically becomes subscribed to Glo X4 Promo. Where all your airtime is converted to promo. It did not make sense to me. So because I load airtime online that I get this punishment? I asked them to reverse it so that I can buy data buy. They refused citing their T & C.

I contacted NCC who are yet to do anything about it. Though they have asked Glo to respond to my request. Glo is yet to respond.

MTN

I decided to ditch Glo and load my MTN. Bought airtime online to subscribe to data. Here are the screenshots:
They credited me with N500 and loaded all the money as a bonus

Attempted to load data: the same issue again.
Called them, they promised to look into it within 24 hours, a stark difference to Glo.

I have no problem with buying bonus bundles with the main account. But customers should make that decision. I have checked NCC regulations. It shows this crap may have passed through them. But this is not about changing Tariff, it is about converting your money to something else illegally.

I checked why they are doing this: I looked at Glo X4 Promo. The bonus expires within 15 - 30 days. Local tariff X4 normal rate 45k/s as against 11k/s I enjoy in my main account. With the money in my main account, I get about 83 mins call without fear of airtime expiring(N550 @11k/s). With their X4 Promo @ 2200, 45k/s I get 81 minutes call with 1-month expiry. Essentially this is no promo but fraud. See table below:
For data , I will get 733MB as against 1024MB if I subscribed.

I have no issue with converting main credit to X4, X100 etc promo. But I need to use my hand to do that subscription. I remember when Airtel kept calling me to subscribe to X whatever promo. I will ask them to do the calculation - they literally, normally end the call. To me that's fine.

This is not right. We need to get this to the right people.

I would appreciate if this gets to frontpage to get opinions. I will attempt to post on Twitter and Facebook as well to create awareness. Possibly create a Campaign for it to get signatures.

I feel so bad for my country.

CC Mynd44 , Lalasticlala , Seun

grin grin u are not even happy they gave u 7.5GB free data on MTN after recharging #500. The NGN 7500 for Data if you go into mathematically in data is 7.5GB.
Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by bongolistik(m): 11:04am On Jun 03, 2018
Well that of Glo, it is a Glo 4X off that clearly stipulates that if you want to partake in the offer the recharge online by denominations like these 550, 1050, 2050 and so on.

So if you recharge such amounts through any electronic channel, then you should know that you are in for the 4X offer and all your recharge amount at that time will be converted to bonus.

It was not so last year when they initially started the 4X offer, reason why we advised in the below article titled "why the glo 4X offer is no longer suitable for you".

If only you saw our advice you wouldn't have fallen for them

https://www.highteknology.com/2018/05/why-glo-4x-recharge-bonus-offer-is-no.html
Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by naijanative: 12:16pm On Jun 03, 2018
bongolistik:
Well that of Glo, it is a Glo 4X off that clearly stipulates that if you want to partake in the offer the recharge online by denominations like these 550, 1050, 2050 and so on.

So if you recharge such amounts through any electronic channel, then you should know that you are in for the 4X offer and all your recharge amount at that time will be converted to bonus.

It was not so last year when they initially started the 4X offer, reason why we advised in the below article titled "why the glo 4X offer is no longer suitable for you".

https://www.highteknology.com/2018/05/why-glo-4x-recharge-bonus-offer-is-no.html

My brother, that's a stupid rule. What's the difference between 500 and 550? loading physically or online? money is money. Glo can't defend their stupidity in a law court.
Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by naijanative: 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

grin grin u are not even happy they gave u 7.5GB free data on MTN after recharging #500. The NGN 7500 for Data if you go into mathematically in data is 7.5GB.

MTN own better by far. it's 1.5G at N5/MB. Glo own is fraud. I won't be involving MTN again

1 Like

Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by ajaymina(m): 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2018
naijanative:

This is really sad. I feel your pain. Seems I'll definitely sue them. They are making things hard for ordinary citizens. Customers should determine what services they want not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by loswhite(m): 8:10am On Feb 17, 2019
bongolistik:

how many ppl got this information? I bought a new line I was told I have to make call to activate it, so I bought 5050 naira, just so that I can use the 50 naira on top to make call and activate it then do my data. Now I have 20200 in a bonus...smh
Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by freemanbubble: 10:26am On Feb 17, 2019
No matter what. No matter what denomination! No matter the process used in recharging whether electronic or voucher
It is not right to convert someone's airtime into bonus or what so ever with out the consent of that person.

The reason to recharge phone is for the main credit

Anything outside your main credit should be a decision for you to take and with your consent

2 Likes

Re: MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers by Gideon9947: 11:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
This glo shit just happened to me now. I recharged so I can use it for data, then they convert it to bonus.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Phone Of 40k Neat One Android 10 / Globalcom Configuration Procedure On My Htc Touch Pro 2 / MTN Offers Extra Days/Month In BlackBerry Promo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.