Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) (68597 Views)

"I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Celebrates Christmas. See Reactions (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Beey(f): 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2018
chrisb2r200:

Everything about the Catholic church was copied from the early christians , Jesus and 12apostles....Jesus chose 12 people...all men, u knw why? Men are not easily controlled or distracted by emotions. And other qualities that a man possess that's the reason... Other catholics can explain better
And other qualities a man possesses.Really? It sounds like women are viewed as lesser beings.It's none of my business though since I am not catholic.
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Yale9(m): 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2018
willibounce1:
Isnt this idol worshiping? Which one is sacrament or sacremento? Worship God and not man made images. That thing she us carrying was constructed and designed by an ordinary human. Just the same way most of Catholics go kneel before an image of holy mary and chang for forgiveness. What is the difference between you and a babalawo.
the difference between catholics and babalawos is the direct opposite of the similarity between you and every other fool
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Yale9(m): 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
Who is a protestatant pastor to attempt prayer of transubstanciation? These protestants sef. How dare they.

1 Like

Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Dafreeguy(m): 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2018
Anas09:

The Bible Mary was never worshipped. Venerated, prayed to for intercessions. If that happened, the Acts of the Apostles would have recorded it.

However, in Hellenism, Female deities holds sway hence the replacement of the name of Mary to Ishter a demon and worship her yet deny and say they only honour by praying to her.

If she wasnt prayed to for intercession, what would u say bout the wedding in canaan when d disciples asked mary to appeal to Jesus that there is no more wine?
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

BROS IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO QUOTE A BIBLE VERSE THAT SAYS SAINTS IN HEAVEN CANT PRAY FOR US THEN STFU.ANGELS IN HEAVEN ARE ALREADY PRAYNING FOR PEOPLE HERE ON EARTH.THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT CATHOLIC SAINTS DO.

SOME POPULAR SAINTS LIKE ST ANTHONY OF PADUA HAS BEEN USED BY GOD TO WROUGHT MORE MIRACLES AFTER HS DEATH THAN EVEN WHEN HE WAS ALIVE.
catholic teachings are base on assumptions not God's word, your church teaches that angels pray for people people without any shred of biblical evidence yet you swallowed it hook,line and sink yet you move around criticising people who support tithing ( at least they can point to one or two verses about tithe) that points you out as an hypocrite.
Who made Anthony saint? U know nothing about Christianity.smh
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2018
nwokoyepraise:

Bro, what's the difference between being alive and being dead. If Abraham when he was alive interceded for the people of Sodom and Gomorrah and God heard him, most probably, due to the relationship between God and him, how much more would he not listen to the prayers and intercessions of the saints who have been made with the blood of the Lamb or the angels who are always with Him in His glory?
one thing with you people is that you assume and believe your own lies.

Mark 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

There is no evidence that dead saint pray for anyone.
Abraham was not dead when he interceded for the men of Sodom.

Every Christian are washed in the blood of the lamb are all sons who has right to God none is more special than any.
Paul or peter is not more special than any christian.
Christians are higher than Angels in authority so angels cannot pray for them.
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
Dafreeguy:
If she wasnt prayed to for intercession, what would u say bout the wedding in canaan when d disciples asked mary to appeal to Jesus that there is no more wine?
nobody prayed to Mary at the marriage at cana, even Jesus didn't answer Mary initially until his time came.
Mary is dead and it is a sin to seek for Mary's help or anyother dead saint help,

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Yale9(m): 11:02pm On Jun 04, 2018
solite3:
nobody prayed to Mary at the marriage at cana, even Jesus didn't answer Mary initially until his time came.
Mary is dead and it is a sin to seek for Mary's help or anyother dead saint help,

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
no catholic prays to Mary. Get ur facts right.
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 3:31am On Jun 05, 2018
solite3:
one thing with you people is that you assume and believe your own lies.

Mark 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

There is no evidence that dead saint pray for anyone.
Abraham was not dead when he interceded for the men of Sodom.

Every Christian are washed in the blood of the lamb are all sons who has right to God none is more special than any.
Paul or peter is not more special than any christian.
Christians are higher than Angels in authority so angels cannot pray for them.

Please, tell me the difference between being dead and alive.

So you mean that Peter, Paul, David, Elijah Moses, Abraham and others who lived a devoted life are not even some to the point of receiving great sufferings just for the sake of spreading the Gospel are not special and in a better terms and relationship with God?

That there is no supposed evidence in the Bible that the angels and saints actually interceded for people in the Bible, does it mean that it is actually wrong for them to do so? If the saints can intercede for people while being alive, why can't they do so while they are dead in the physical form and alive in spirit and ever before God? undecided undecided undecided

No doubt that we are all sons and daughters of God and that we have access to God, but such as the way that you can more easily grant a wish to a friend who is very faithful and good to you, God definitely won't neglect the cries of the saints who were loyal to Him in their lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 3:49am On Jun 05, 2018
solite3:

I guess we will have to have to start with your definition of prayer. Note, since you so much like to refer to the Bible, it is not written that when Jesus performed the miracle that His time had reached at that instance. All that was written was when Jesus said that His time had not reached. Jesus most likely performed the miracle due to the fact that He had compassion for the celebrants and for the fact that He would not likely refuse a request made to Him by His own mother.
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 3:50am On Jun 05, 2018
solite3:

I guess we will have to have to start with your definition of prayer. Note, since you so much like to refer to the Bible, it is not written that when Jesus performed the miracle that His time had reached at that instance. All that was written was when Jesus said that His time had not reached. Jesus most likely performed the miracle due to the fact that He had compassion for the celebrants and for the fact that He would not likely refuse a request made to Him by His own mother.
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Yale9(m): 6:49am On Jun 05, 2018
But seriously why are people so pained about the size, class, importance and originality and purposefulness of the catholic church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 05, 2018
Yale9:
no catholic prays to Mary. Get ur facts right.
what do you call making request to mary
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by JayB11(m): 7:31am On Jun 05, 2018
doyinbaby:
all I know there is no portion of the Bible genesis to revelation where prayers where offered to Mary or dead people.......so I don't know where Catholics got the doctrine of praying to Mary or dead saints
Lemme ask too. Did the Bible capture any part that says d mantle given by ur Pastors will save u from dangers, and avoid infirmities? U can easily say God of Bishop so so so and so hear my prayers, or even say by the power unfolded on Pastor diz and dat i destroy and cast.....bla bla bla. Bt u find it mysterious for someone who your sure they are in Heaven to pray for u. Asin it is extremely ridiculous. To prĂ y to and to pray with, are two differnt things, i dnt knw if u undastnd wat i mean. All in Heaven and on earth Worship one supreme God whom they offer and submit all supplications to as in (Rev5vs8) So u see, what makes up Christianity is more of our believe in the Heavenly host and our practice of faith (like the mantles you believe that can avert your misfortunes). I wilm still say again, you can never know the Bible more than over 1billion Catholics world wide.
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by JayB11(m): 7:34am On Jun 05, 2018
Yale9:
the difference between catholics and babalawos is the direct opposite of the similarity between you and every other fool
Pwhahahahahahah! this is not meant to be funny bt i have to lafaaaffffaaaaaa. Protestants always thinking they know Bible more than over 1billion Catholics that we hav world wide.
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 05, 2018
[quote author=nwokoyepraise post=68188236]

Please, tell me the difference between being dead and alive.

So you mean that Peter, Paul, David, Elijah Moses, Abraham and others who lived a devoted life are not even some to the point of receiving great sufferings just for the sake of spreading the Gospel are not special and in a better terms and relationship with God?
seriously? U don't know d difference between being dead or being alive? David, Elijah,Moses ,Paul, Peter etc are not better relationship with God.
All in fact Christians has a better relationship with God than the old testament saints.
God loves all his Sons equally and all have equal righteousness and right to him. Look at this verse.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Let each of us come boldly not with fear or inferiority complex but directly to the throne of grace.

Jesus has provided a direct access to God, you don't need saints or angels

Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

[b]That[b] there is no supposed evidence in the Bible that the angels and saints actually interceded for people [/b]in the Bible, does it mean that it is actually wrong for them to do so?
at bold that settles it

If the saints can intercede for people while being alive, why can't they do so while they are dead in the physical form and alive in spirit and ever before God? undecided undecided undecided
the dead has no business with you.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

No doubt that we are all sons and daughters of God and that we have access to God, but such as the way that you can more easily grant a wish to a friend who is very faithful and good to you, God definitely won't neglect the cries of the saints who were loyal to Him in their lifetime.
There are no buts God honors his word not speculations or human logic
1. The saints who are dead have no knowledge of you according to ecclesiastics

2. They cannot intercede for anyone in heaven, intercession is an office meant for Christ only. The saints alive can intercede for people through the name of Jesus ( only those alive can call on the name of Jesus)

3.God grants prayer if you believe not through your faithfulness or righteousness but by the name of Jesus.

Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 05, 2018
nwokoyepraise:

Jesus did it when he wanted to do it not when Mary wanted him to do it. It was almost at the end of the marriage feast Jesus did it.
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Yale9(m): 8:22am On Jun 05, 2018
solite3:
what do you call making request to mary
"a request to mary"

1 Like

Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Yale9(m): 8:25am On Jun 05, 2018
what is you even saying sef. You okay bro??
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:24am On Jun 05, 2018
solite3:
catholic teachings are base on assumptions not God's word, your church teaches that angels pray for people people without any shred of biblical evidence yet you swallowed it hook,line and sink yet you move around criticising people who support tithing ( at least they can point to one or two verses about tithe) that points you out as an hypocrite.
Who made Anthony saint? U know nothing about Christianity.smh

My friend mechiounu gi da!!! There s no single bible verse that asks christians to pay tithes or even any bible verse that says tithes can be paid with money.Bloody hypocrites.You are the one ignorant about christianity and not me
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by UbiPetrus: 12:08pm On Jun 05, 2018
Yale9:
But seriously why are people so pained about the size, class, importance and originality and purposefulness of the catholic church.
Because it beats their imagination and they can't pull her down no matter how hard they try.
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

My friend mechiounu gi da!!! There s no single bible verse that asks christians to pay tithes or even any bible verse that says tithes can be paid with money.Bloody hypocrites.You are the one ignorant about christianity and not me
Jesus never condemned tithinig so who are you to condem it.
But praying to the dead was outrightly condemned by God.

Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2018
solite3:

WHERE IN THE BIBLE WHERE CHRISTIANS ASKED TO PAY TITHES.IT AMAZEZ ME THAT YOU ARE NOT SEEING YOUR OWN HYPOCRISY ON THIS THREAD
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 05, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

WHERE IN THE BIBLE WHERE CHRISTIANS ASKED TO PAY TITHES.IT AMAZEZ ME THAT YOU ARE NOT SEEING YOUR OWN HYPOCRISY ON THIS THREAD
where did I say Christians are commanded to pay tithe?
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

where did I say Christians are commanded to pay tithe?
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by UbiPetrus: 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2018
solite3:
Jesus did it when he wanted to do it not when Mary wanted him to do it. It was almost at the end of the marriage feast Jesus did it.
Outright lie.
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 05, 2018
UbiPetrus:
Outright lie.
it may not be at the end of the marriage but I believe Jesus did it because he wanted, Mary never made any request to Jesus and there are times Jesus turned down Mary"s request.
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 06, 2018
solite3:

I think that we need to start with your definition of being dead. There are those who have died in the flesh but are now alive in the spirit, living in God's glory. Likewise, they are those who have died both in the flesh and spirit and are dwelling with the devil. Now, I know that the human spirit cannot die, but being dead here implies living in eternal condemnation.
Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 06, 2018
solite3:
it may not be at the end of the marriage but I believe Jesus did it because he wanted, Mary never made any request to Jesus and there are times Jesus turned down Mary"s request.

Mary actually did. John 2:3-5

3 And when the wine was failing, the mother of Jesus said to him, "They have no wine."

4 And Jesus said to her: "What is that to me and to you, woman? My hour has not yet arrived."

5 His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."

1 Like

Re: Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 06, 2018
solite3:

Having explained a little bit the difference between being dead and alive, plese point out to me a place in the bible where God was against intercession.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records / Forbes: Net Worth Of Pastor Adeboye Of RCCG Is 39 To 65 Million Dollars / Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.