Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,014 members, 7,806,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes (7014 Views)

How Do I Remove My Card 4rm My Limited Paypal Account After I Hv Witdrwn / What Business Can I Do With 300k Aside From Clothes Sales? / How To Make Local Lundary Starch [homemade Process] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Blonchilli(m): 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
I need help from anyone with the relevant experience. I've checked other website and all the method I tried didn't work. I run a dry cleaning services and I was introduced to a new synthetic starch and after using it the first time noticed it makes the clothes really hard so I found a way to manage it because I bought it in large quantity. Unfortunately I was away at work when a customer dropped some clothes and the lady working for me applied it to the clothes that already has it in it. Now I've been trying to at least reduce the amount of starch in it but it's having little effect.
So anyone who knows how to reduce the amount of starch please your suggestion is needed. Would vinegar help?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by martyns303(m): 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2018
lol, I remember taking my uniform to dry cleaning b4 traveling out, for almost a year plus, all I do is wash and iron, the starch was still there....... please, are u in Lagos, I need that starch.
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by RemedyLab: 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
end time starch
My signature has this to say¶
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Blonchilli(m): 6:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
martyns303:
lol, I remember taking my uniform to dry cleaning b4 traveling out, for almost a year plus, all I do is wash and iron, the starch was still there....... please, are u in Lagos, I need that starch.
Lol. I'm not in Lagos sorry. Get Vinko Bond
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by jaymichael(m): 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2018
Blonchilli:

Lol. I'm not in Lagos sorry. Get Vinko Bond
How do you use the vinko bond please.
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Blonchilli(m): 10:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
jaymichael:
How do you use the vinko bond please.
Put a little quantity in a bowl, mix it properly with your hand while you add water. But make sure it's watery else you'll get crackers biscuit instead of a shirt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by jaymichael(m): 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
Blonchilli:

Put a little quantity in a bowl, mix it properly with your hand while you add water. But make sure it's watery else you'll get crackers biscuit instead of a shirt
Alright. maybe a teaspoon (those very small spoon) for a shirt abi? will it also mean that I won't have to starch the shirt again as the starch will be permanent?
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Blonchilli(m): 8:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
jaymichael:
Alright. maybe a teaspoon (those very small spoon) for a shirt abi? will it also mean that I won't have to starch the shirt again as the starch will be permanent?
A teaspoon would do. It won't be permanent but for a long period of time you would not have to add starch

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Wayne4uall(m): 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2018
How can I add it to a colored shirt and it won't stain it
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Audinowing(m): 9:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
What quantity will be ideal for 100 pieces of cloth please
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 04, 2018
How can I get it in nnnnn
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Blonchilli(m): 5:24pm On Jun 04, 2018
Wayne4uall:
How can I add it to a colored shirt and it won't stain it
It's white so it won't stain coloured shirt.
Audinowing two handful in a large bowl will be enough.
Nnaabros go to a shop they sell building materials and ask for it

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Blonchilli(m): 5:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
The mods here should help me out.
Lalasticlala, Mynd44 anyone
So far I have people requesting for it than solutions. The steps I'm getting on Quora have not been completely helpful
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Wayne4uall(m): 5:41pm On Jun 04, 2018
Blonchilli:

It's white so it won't stain coloured shirt.
Audinowing two handful in a large bowl will be enough.
Nnaabros go to a shop they sell building materials and ask for it
thanks bro

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by puffynana(m): 8:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
Blonchilli:
I need help from anyone with the relevant experience. I've checked other website and all the method I tried didn't work. I run a dry cleaning services and I was introduced to a new synthetic starch and after using it the first time noticed it makes the clothes really hard so I found a way to manage it because I bought it in large quantity. Unfortunately I was away at work when a customer dropped some clothes and the lady working for me applied it to the clothes that already has it in it. Now I've been trying to at least reduce the amount of starch in it but it's having little effect.
So anyone who knows how to reduce the amount of starch please your suggestion is needed. Would vinegar help?

You won't be getting any progress because what you used on the cloth isn't starch, it's adhesives
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by puffynana(m): 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2018
Blonchilli:

You won't be getting any progress because what you used on the cloth isn't starch but adhesives.
Redefine your search
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Blonchilli(m): 8:06am On Jun 05, 2018
puffynana:

You won't be getting any progress because what you used on the cloth isn't starch but adhesives.
Redefine your search
There was progress. The hardness reduced but from my observation it will need to be rinsed or watched several times to get complete progress . Thanks for your input
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by jaymichael(m): 9:52am On Jun 11, 2018
Blonchilli:

A teaspoon would do. It won't be permanent but for a long period of time you would not have to add starch
Thanks,I had some small leftover TOP BOND in my kitchen. I used just one table spoon for two shirts and they came out really crisp shinny and newer even my wife dey admire. I been dey waste money for spray starch before.
You always learn new things for here every time. I hope you are having progress with the overstarched shirt.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Blonchilli(m): 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
jaymichael:
Thanks,I had some small leftover TOP BOND in my kitchen. I used just one table spoon for two shirts and they came out really crisp shinny and newer even my wife dey admire. I been dey waste money for spray starch before.
You always learn new things for here every time. I hope you are having progress with the overstarched shirt.
Yes I am. I realized you don't have to apply it more than once else you might ruin the shirt. I've been able to reduce the texture. Please don't apply more than once. Else you'll get metal plate for shirt
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by jaymichael(m): 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
Blonchilli:

Yes I am. I realized you don't have to apply it more than once else you might ruin the shirt. I've been able to reduce the texture. Please don't apply more than once. Else you'll get metal plate for shirt
Thanks, I will remember that.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by kalu61(m): 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
jaymichael:
You mean the top bond I know can serve as starch
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by jaymichael(m): 7:39am On Jun 12, 2018
kalu61:
You mean the top bond I know can serve as starch
Na so, me sef learn am here. but read up this thread and follow the precautionary measures stated here.
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by kalu61(m): 10:12pm On Jun 12, 2018
jaymichael:
Na so, me sef learn am here. but read up this thread and follow the precautionary measures stated here.
ok
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by jaymichael(m): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2018
Blonchilli, I have been working on making a spray starch from this synthetic starch. I mixed 3/4 tablespoon of the glue dissolved it water, added some airfreshner then pour inside an empty cormat spray starch container. I tested it on one of my old abandoned shirt and it came out well just as FAULTLESS and NIAGRA heavy spary starch that I used to buy. I even wore the shirt to evening service sef. I will dissolve another spoon and add to container to get the desired crispness I want.
I will post the results here.
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Blonchilli(m): 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2018
jaymichael:
Blonchilli, I have been working on making a spray starch from this synthetic starch. I mixed 3/4 tablespoon of the glue dissolved it water, added some airfreshner then pour inside an empty cormat spray starch container. I tested it on one of my old abandoned shirt and it came out well just as FAULTLESS and NIAGRA heavy spary starch that I used to buy. I even wore the shirt to evening service sef. I will dissolve another spoon and add to container to get the desired crispness I want.
I will post the results here.
Please do. If it works out fine I will love to have some and we could talk better about it . Thanks
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by jaymichael(m): 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2018
Blonchilli:

Please do. If it works out fine I will love to have some and we could talk better about it . Thanks
Sure bro.I will mention you when I post the process and the result. I bought this spray starch when I realized that FAULTLESS, EASY ON and NIAGRA spray starch are getting too expensive for my liking.. Spray starch don reach like #1,100 sef. I plan to mix 2 spoonfulls and fill with 750ml (the container size) inside the RENEW STARCH container I kept since that time. I will let you know about the results as regards crispness and texture.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Blonchilli(m): 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2018
jaymichael:
Sure bro.I will mention you when I post the process and the result. I bought this spray starch when I realized that FAULTLESS, EASY ON and NIAGRA spray starch are getting too expensive for my liking.. Spray starch don reach like #1,100 sef. I plan to mix 2 spoonfulls and fill with 750ml (the container size) inside the RENEW STARCH container I kept since that time. I will let you know about the results as regards crispness and texture.
The 5kg of Vinko Bond is sold at 3700. Imagine getting such quantity and mixing it with air freshener that wouldn't stain the clothes or a nice perfume. I'm thinking producing in large quantity and using for my business
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by Boland(m): 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2019
jaymichael:
Hello, brother. How is it going with this research?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by austin7652(m): 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2020
Blonchilli:

The 5kg of Vinko Bond is sold at 3700. Imagine getting such quantity and mixing it with air freshener that wouldn't stain the clothes or a nice perfume. I'm thinking producing in large quantity and using for my business

Any progress sir?
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by austin7652(m): 3:34pm On Oct 29, 2020
jaymichael:

Any progress sir cause I'm interested. I've been using cold water starch all this while.
Re: How Can I Remove Heavy Starch From Clothes by emmancecute(m): 4:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
Blonchilli:
get flow starch

(1) (2) (Reply)

Architectural Design Of 4 Units Of 1 Bedroom Flat...half Plot / How To Get Telecommunication Company To Install Mast On Ones Land / Starting A Building Material Business I Need A Mentor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.