Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today (48881 Views)

Please Help Two Months After Employment Letter / Biggest Factor That Influenced Landing My Current Job [survey] / GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by pedrilo: 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2018
UBGG:

Don't spar with him, you'll only mentally tire yourself out. The right kind of folks understand your point.
thanks dear, it's so depressing to see teachers go tru all sorts

1 Like

Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by pedrilo: 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2018
emelda86:
Matured minds dont post much on sm...anyway someone like me that will never work under anyone I'm free to post anything but nah... I'm grown past it.
Emy the boss lady herself

1 Like

Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by emelda86(f): 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2018
pedrilo:
Emy the boss lady herself

Hi there, happy Sunday
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by pedrilo: 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2018
emelda86:

Hi there, happy Sunday
Hello, I wish you same. Hope u'r day is starting out well.
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by emelda86(f): 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
pedrilo:
Hello, I wish you same. Hope u'r day is starting out well.

Yes ooo...hope yours gonna be great too
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by pedrilo: 12:50pm On Jun 03, 2018
emelda86:

Yes ooo...hope yours gonna be great too
that's good to know. Bn in bed since morning and the plan is to be indoors all day. Super Eagles ruined my weekend lol
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by ikorodureporta: 12:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
Who fit even trace me on social media??
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by emelda86(f): 12:55pm On Jun 03, 2018
pedrilo:
that's good to know. Bn in bed since morning and the plan is to be indoors all day. Super Eagles ruined my weekend lol

Get your ass up from that bed...were u expecting them to win, abeg get up & go out there to catch fun joor...

1 Like

Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by SOJOSEPH(m): 12:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
mdokaba1:
Please guys, lets becareful with our net-life (our posts, comments and interests) especially on facebook, twitter and on IG.

You wont believe that 5 months after landing my dream job with an international non-governemntal, within a short while i got along with all my colleagues (both Nigerians and foreigners) especially the admin staff who was part of the recriutment process.

Just yesterday, we got gisting, and she opened up to me that prior to the finalization of my recriutment, she was asked by the HR in the HQ to enter my full names on various social media, to see what my personality was like on the net with key reference to my posts, comments and interests.

I dared to ask her what would have happened if they had issues with my net-life. Guess what her response was; Though you emeged as the best candidate, but we sure would have re-advertised the position because of the sensitivity of the position you were to be recriuted for as we needed only a responsible social medialite which you managed to be.

This shocked me and made me more careful with my social media life. And i vowed to share this with my beloved Nlanders especially job seekers as recriuters now watch-out for what you do on the social media.

In my profession we call it social media forensics. It is now part of HR background check practice. Things are changing u know... It goes beyond hate-speech really. It could be a plus or minus...

1 Like

Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
bodejohn:

Even this comes with a greater sense of responsibility.
A single wrong tweet can bring down a whole business empire, of course in a sensitive society.

With great power comes great responsibility...

Most small time entrepreneurs don't get it. I find it hilarious when they think they work for no one. One day you'd think yourself boss, the next, the real boss(customers/clients) would render you jobless.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by pedrilo: 12:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
emelda86:

Get your ass up from that bed...were u expecting them to win, abeg get up & go out there to catch fun joor...
grin
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by bodejohn(m): 1:00pm On Jun 03, 2018
UBGG:

Most small time entrepreneurs don't get it. I find it hilarious when they think they work for no one. One day you'd think yourself boss, the next, the real boss(customers/clients) would render you jobless.

Very true...
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by emelda86(f): 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2018
pedrilo:
grin

cool do have a splendid day ahead...
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by Originalsly: 1:10pm On Jun 03, 2018
Hmmm..... this warning means nothing to many of us since we believe we can't be traced because we don't use our real names. We are sooo smart...if we can't figure out how we can be traced... then it means it can't happen.
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by pedrilo: 1:11pm On Jun 03, 2018
emelda86:

cool do have a splendid day ahead...
thanks nwanyi_oma.
Enjoy your day. Cheers

1 Like

Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by Kobicove(m): 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
Any individual who values his/brand should be concerned about the type of posts he makes on social media platforms undecided
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by cbrass(m): 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Lol. Our Oga at the top na craze man. I fit just take off one day and he go give order mek I go land for Lagos so man gotta be careful with his tongue except of course on Nairaland. They know I just call am craze man now for here so far I no do am with my face on a social media. grin

Mehnn I feel your pain go.. My guy wey dey south Carolina no dey yan somethings on Skype when we chat, if he really needs to say some things he will rather call and na Yoruba him go use.. grin. I didn't really get why he does that until I saw this your comment

1 Like

Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
Lolz..
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by Viergeachar: 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
Nobody should use their real/full name on social media without being mindful of its consequences.
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by LaudableXX: 5:01pm On Jun 03, 2018
mdokaba1:
In my case, she had my recent passport handy, so it guided her.
Guy even if she had your passport handy, it still would not have helped if you had about 8 people bearing the same name on Facebook. Some people do not put their photographs on their Facebook ID or profile. Hope you know that?
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by LaudableXX: 5:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
SOJOSEPH:
In my profession we call it social media forensics. It is now part of HR background check practice. Things are changing u know... It goes beyond hate-speech really. It could be a plus or minus...
Is it compulsory to be on social media? Na by force? What if you are not registered on any social media platform?
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by LaudableXX: 5:03pm On Jun 03, 2018
Didi2d:
Embassies do check the information of visa applicants too o n social media
Those ones are totally jobless. Before the advent of social media, what were they using to do their checks?
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by Ibrahim3307(m): 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2018
mdokaba1:

What on God's earth will even make a supposed responsible person use an irresponsible name to open a social media account.

Whats the intent?
irresponsible business i guess
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by bionixs: 5:59pm On Jun 03, 2018
Olalan:
Only fools post things on social media without thoughts to how it would portray them to a mature and responsible mind
internet never forgets
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by LaudableXX: 5:59pm On Jun 03, 2018
Adukey:
Your third name will make the difference, in a case you didn't include that, your pictures will give you away and if you don't have pictures, I'm they'll have a way of getting your social media activities.
Do people put their 3rd name in their facebook ID or profile? Most people don't. A number of folks do not have their pictures on social media too.
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by iLegendd(m): 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2018
bodejohn:

Even this comes with a greater sense of responsibility.
A single wrong tweet can bring down a whole business empire, of course in a sensitive society.

With great power comes great responsibility...
You're right, but here is the explanation of what you just said.

When you become a boss, you still live your life, but in a more responsible manner. This responsible manner is not because you want to please your workers, but because you want your company to grow.

At the end of the day, you're still pleasing yourself as a boss. If your company grows, you grow.

Let's take Nairaland as an example. The owner is an atheist. This automatically makes all his workers (the moderators) never to say anything against atheism even when they're strong Christians or Muslims.

Hasn't freedom of speech been taken away from them in exchange for salary? Isn't the boss living the way he likes? Think about it. Isn't it better to be a boss and let people amend their lives on social media to please you while you delegate the responsibility to them? This is what bosses do.

They live their lives, delegate responsibilities to their workers, and finally, the workers will start behaving like robots working day and night to please the boss and his company's goal.

All I'm preaching is for people to be their bosses and live their lives the way they want, then delegate responsibilities to the workers.

Workers are living fake lives to please Mr. Boss's company, while Mr. Boss is living his real life.

Let me stop here.

Seems you don't understand me, but I like your point too.
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by egobetatoday: 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2018
mdokaba1:

Passion to serve regardless of the pay and the working conditions,

perseverance to keep applying regardless of countless failed attempts

prayers for God's favour on your Cv which must be apt. I got the job without recourse to connections it was strictly on merit.

Humanitarian Experiences too counts alot and you can get this by volunteering.

where/which organisation can one volunteer?
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by egobetatoday: 8:23pm On Jun 03, 2018
Originalsly:
Hmmm..... this warning means nothing to many of us since we believe we can't be traced because we don't use our real names. We are sooo smart...if we can't figure out how we can be traced... then it means it can't happen.

I heard u can be traced using your phone/laptops IP adress. ur phone number is linked to an IP.
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by sleekchiq(f): 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2018
mdokaba1

Passion to serve regardless of the pay and the working conditions,

perseverance to keep applying regardless of countless failed attempts

prayers for God's favour on your Cv which must be apt. I got the job without recourse to connections it was strictly on merit.

Humanitarian Experiences too counts alot and you can get this by volunteering

Volunteering in where?
I have been searching for places to volunteer in but I have found none
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by bodejohn(m): 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2018
iLegendd:
You're right, but here is the explanation of what you just said.

When you become a boss, you still live your life, but in a more responsible manner. This responsible manner is not because you want to please your workers, but because you want your company to grow.

At the end of the day, you're still pleasing yourself as a boss. If your company grows, you grow.

Let's take Nairaland as an example. The owner is an atheist. This automatically makes all his workers (the moderators) never to say anything against atheism even when they're strong Christians or Muslims.

Hasn't freedom of speech been taken away from them in exchange for salary? Isn't the boss living the way he likes? Think about it. Isn't it better to be a boss and let people amend their lives on social media to please you while you delegate the responsibility to them? This is what bosses do.

They live their lives, delegate responsibilities to their workers, and finally, the workers will start behaving like robots working day and night to please the boss and his company's goal.

All I'm preaching is for people to be their bosses and live their lives the way they want, then delegate responsibilities to the workers.

Workers are living fake lives to please Mr. Boss's company, while Mr. Boss is living his real life.

Let me stop here.

Seems you don't understand me, but I like your point too.

I really understood you.

But you also need to look at the big picture...the fact that no one is the overall boss.
Take for example, as a CEO you still want to massage the ego of your big customers, your shareholders and even board members.

You are living your life and calling the shots, but you still have to look over your shoulder once in a while.
I think the more diplomatic one becomes as one climbs the ladder of success the farther one is bound to go...
Re: 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today by olaade21: 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2018
pedrilo:
for ur info, ur interacting with a professional teacher wit an M.Ed.
That's if u knw wat it means.
I will not allow u n ur ilks make fun of my profession.
Upgrade or get d hell out of the profession.
Education is expensive.

Madam M.Ed, must education be expensive. Shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Got Two Employment Letters Simultaneously Yesterday In A Twinkle Of An Eye / Nigeria Police Recruitment Exam, Expecting Questions. / Dangote Cement Plc Fresh Graduate Truck Officers Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.