Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. (66925 Views)

The Lady I Wanted To Marry Pretended To Be A Graduate To Me / Man Proposes To Girlfriend Who Is A Single Mother & Also To Her Daughter / A Man I Considered A Friend Wanted To Have Sex With Me - Lady Cries Out (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Olamsoh: 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2019
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by lyndaway(f): 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2019
Some women are just manner less not even in the Cass of single mothers the truth of the whole matter is that that lady doesn't love you and she is actually looking for a way to push you away if a lady loves a man she would want to show him to the whole world you will not need to force her or beg her no no no my bro thank your stars God just saved you from a Jezebel congrats
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by mastertunji(m): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2019
I have realized that among the debaters on marrying a single woman, opponents are far more than supporters- like ratio 4:1. But I really appreciate a balanced view in d sense that some single mothers are victims of play boys who capitalized on their innocence.
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Lonelypacifist6: 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2019
With this post I've come to the conclusion that a lot women on Nairaland are M-A-D Look at how they successfully twisted everything to make the op look guilty, Oloriburuku ni Awon obirin sha?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Ayotundesh: 2:33am On Dec 27, 2019
1x2x3:
I'm sorry I'm saying this and it hurts my heart to agree with the warnings of marrying a single mother. I'm not the best writer but I will try to narrate my experience and findings.

First of all I would like to point out that there are very few single mothers who can make a good wife while majority of them will ruin you and make your life miserable if caution is not taken.

I've been dating a single mother of a 5 years old boy for about a year and half she is 30 and never been married. I wouldn't just jump into such relationship but for the fact she is someone I knew back in my School days however, we lost contact for about 10 years before we met again and I kind of understood the story she told me and the circumstances she had the child (Till date I didn't bother verifying her story of course I don't care).

We dated for about a year and she got talking with a few of my friends and sibling but the striking thing is she is yet to introduce me to any of her friends or siblings even though I knew she have many siblings and some friends (I did question her about this and she said she doesn't have someone she can really call a friend).

Looking at the kind of reserved life she lives I felt this could be normal but still something kept telling me there's more to these whole pretentious reserved life because I'm introverted and can easily figure out who's pretending to be one. Mind you, she is the church going type who prays and wants my well being yet I could still figure out there is something not clear thus my reason for taking my time to propose to her. This is actually not my fault as there is no way I can figure out who she is unless through someone close to her.

About 6 months ago a pastor that is yet to meet her in person told me that if I marry her I will end up divorcing but being the doubting Thomas type I gave no ear to whatever the pastor has to say until recently when something unfolded.

She lives 3 hrs drive away and comes visiting most of the weekend. Here is the major problem which I must admit I'm at fault but I thank God I was at fault because it paved way for the revelation. Throughout the time we've been dating I only visited her once which she complained about, I wasn't just too comfortable going there to spend time and do certain things (I didn't just find this right but I'm very much comfortable if she visits alone or with the kid). She complained a few times about me not visiting until 2 weeks ago she told me she was traveling to Abuja.
I inquired about her reasons of traveling and she said she needed to rest since she's on leave (Redflag). Her reasons didn't sound logical so I objected, I told her I wasn't comfortable with her traveling, she kept insisting and she jokingly said she will go and face the consequences when she returns. We talked about this for days and she eventually went against all odds and traveled.
On getting to Abuja she started acting funny like not taking calls or calling and when she finally returned my call I told her not to call me until she is back from her trip (I needed to avoid unnecessary worries)

She returned after 4 days and called knowing fully well we've got issues to thrash. She started complaining I don't give her attention as much as she wants (she seems not to be able to deal with my introverted person anymore). The ranting was becoming rude, sounding like a different person from whom I thought I knew. We got to a heated point I had to ask for any of her siblings number, she immediately became defensive and threatened that if I dare contact any of her siblings (7 of them) that I won't like the outcome shocked shocked shocked. It occurred to me she isn't in good relationship with any of her siblings even though they talk sometimes. She just doesn't want me to contact anyone. Out of her rudeness I asked her if she is ready to be under a man since she has brought up marriage issues on few occasions. She said she isn't ready to tolerate bulllshitt of men shocked shocked afterall she has a child, marriage is about children and if things aren't working in a marriage everyone can find their way shocked shocked shocked. The pastor's words occurred to me instantly. I took about 2 hours telling her how much she needs to adjust and understand she isn't supposed to tuzzle with a man else it will be hard for things to work in a home.

She said so many unimaginable things that it dawned to me she was pretending to be nice all these while. She said she wants a man that can take alll she does, I then asked her if she is ready to take all a man does she said no and I told her to look for a man and pay his groom price since she wants a man she can control.

Still scary to me she pretended all these while, going to church and acting very responsible hoping I marry her which I genuinely had intentions to but for the fact something kept telling me I needed more time to know her.

At the end its obvious she is used to being a single mother and if she divorces tomorrow it will be nothing new to her.

Guys make sure you scrutinize that single mother before you jump in. There's a reason she's single and in her 30's.
I found out she's not in good terms with her siblings because she doesn't like taking orders or listening to advice. They've talked to her about being rude and disrespectful but rather than listen she drew bad blood between her and all her siblings.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. It must have been painful for you.
Please don't go near her again. She deserves a man that loves her, take care of her wholly and her son.
Truth is that you are not strong enough to be her man even if she did not have a child.
A good man, husband material should not bad mouth his wife this way in public.

What you described here is not a single mother, you just described what any ordinarily woman could have done to you.

There are many reasons she may not be in good terms with her siblings or family, you didn't get her to trust you enough to open up to you about something that is so sensitive to her...
You failed there.

You didn't visit her, how can she be sure that you won't abandon her and break her heart? How can she be sure that you loved her when you don't visit her, or chase her. She will definitely not introduce you to her family until she is 101% sure.

You search your soul, are you saying because she lost it, got angry and upset with you, that she was pretending? Any on can get angry or frustrated including you.

Also, you advicing when she was upset with you was bad timing. You should have picked a better and calm time and a better method to communicate to her.

There is a reason she is not married because, no real man has giving her the trust and confidence to want to be married
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by essentialone(m): 6:17am On Mar 02
Only an extremely stupid man, ends up marrying a Single Mother.

Women are extremely demonic and manipulative. She wants you to accept and care for her previous child or children unconditionally.

Reverse the table in your mind, and glimpse at what would have happened if you were to bring to her, a child born to you, by another lady. You will then realise that you married a Monster. No matter how close I get to a lady or ladies, I never get fooled by who they truly are: Manipulative Monsters!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

17-year-old Girl Flaunts Her Two Boyfriends (Photo) / Men Don’t Marry Late !! / Women Are Very Calculative, Don't Accept Financial Assistance From Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.