Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,703 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? (23971 Views)

The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / The Basic Reason Why Nigeria Marriages Fail - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Fleur Carine Matip: "Pastor Sunday Adelaja Wanted Sex From Me, Has My Photos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by LosVikingos: 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2018
femi4:
He's aware of every death but not all death are his will

Mt 26:39
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

My question is after Jesus prayed to God, He later ended it with, Yet not as I will, but as you(God) wil

Jesus later died on the cross as God's will

Yes or No?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
You are just replying everyone with nothing tangible to show for.

FREEWILL was given to MAN and his life actions sometimes will be as a result of his actions. you either accept it or keep being ignorant.

I understand where you guys are coming from, that's why I'm trying to kick start your Independence thinking to see if you can think outside of the box constructed for you by the man/woman you call pastor.

The God that most people who call themselves Christians worship today is actually a god that they've created in their own image and likeness.

They impose upon God their own limitations and worldview and can't think outside of their personal experiences.

Yet, the human experience is supposed to move us closer to the Truth.

Someone's asking me if I'm an atheist. Lol.

Atheists don't believe in the existence of a Supreme being. I do.

And He won't be Supreme if His Will is not Supreme.

Most so-called Christians don't believe in God. They believe in the God they or their pastors have fashioned and created in their minds.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by femi4: 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2018
LosVikingos:

My question is after Jesus prayed to God, He later ended it with, Yet not as I will, but as you(God) wil

Jesus later died on the cross as God's will

Yes or No?
The topic says "All death".... My position is that " Not all". Jesus' case is God's will but you can't say the same for King Asa, Judas etc. That's my position
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by sonmvayina(m): 2:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
englishmart:
only Muslims think this way. The thought of God is of good and not evil.

What is death and why do you think it is evil?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by LosVikingos: 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2018
femi4:
The topic says "All death".... My position is that " Not all". Jesus' case is God's will but you can't say the same for King Asa, Judas etc. That's my position

Oh, I see.

When Jesus told his disciples that someone among him is gonna betray him... It is not from the Will of God?

Something that has been written and concluded, and Jesus already have some tips on how things is gonna be.

Judas death is a revelation from Jesus word yes or no?

Jesus is seeing vision of what has been written from the Will, don't you get it?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by femi4: 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2018
LosVikingos:

Oh, I see.

When Jesus told his disciples that someone among him is gonna betray him... It is not from the Will of God?

Something that has been written and concluded, and Jesus already have some tips on how things is gonna be.

Judas death is a revelation from Jesus word yes or no?

Jesus is seeing vision of what has been written from the Will, don't you get it?
It was written that he would betrayed him not killed himself. Please let's be careful.

Peter denied him 3times before the cock crows, he didn't commit suicide

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by UbiPetrus: 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Blasphemy.

Every death no matter how gruesome is accommodated in God's will.

Nothing that happens in this life is outside the will of God.

That man is a fake. You better change your church. He doesn't know what he's speaking about.

To suggest that some things can happen outside of God's will is to suggest that God is not Omniscient or Omnipotent. That is blasphemy.
Not every death is God's will. However, nothing escapes His notice.
He is indeed Omniscient and Omnipotent.
He is God.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by LosVikingos: 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
femi4:
It was written that he would betrayed him not killed himself. Please let's be careful.

Peter denied him 3times before the cock crows, he didn't commit suicide

“Woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born”(Matthew 26:24)

Note the bolded, isn't it because he already knew the outcome?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by CeeKay17: 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

And where in the Bible does it say that something can be done outside the will of God?
It's hard to believe you're not trolling, but I'll reply you anyways

Deuteronomy 30:19 - I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live

Deuteronomy 30:15 "Now listen! Today I am giving you a choice between life and death, between prosperity and disaster.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ollah2: 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Are you a Christian?

That doesn't answer the question
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by femi4: 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2018
LosVikingos:

“Woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born”(Matthew 26:24)

Note the bolded, isn't it because he already knew the outcome?
It says nothing about his death

Mt23:13-29
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Many woes are allocated to the Pharisees and scribes yet non of them committed suicide

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by herraph: 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Lol. You're being emotional. This has got nothing to do with emotions.

Now picture a group of travelers who board a bus at the motor park.

As the bus leaves the park someone in the bus starts a prayer and they all say amen.

The bus midway in its journey has an accident and they all die.

What do you say to that in light of your response that anybody who dies is because they did not pray sincerely to God.

As for the statement that God does not kill, you are very ignorant.

If God does not take your life do you think it's possible for someone else to take your life?

If God says you're not going to die, who can kill you?

Smh

It's the driver's and the passenger fault, because accident are caused mostly by high speeding driver. If your driver over speed , you tell him to calm down.

If God himself promised you his is not going to let you die, no one can kill you, even if there is death about to be caused on the road, He will do everything possible for you not to get their either by u not getting a driver to take u there or using someone else to distract from getting there. But how many people are close enough to God to be promised such things. God help the children he is close to.

God does not want his children to die, it's the devil . Don't associate God with bad things please.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by jbtobsyn(m): 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

What you are saying is that God is powerless to prevent some deaths from happening, right?
That is not what I meant.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by LosVikingos: 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
femi4:
It says nothing about his death

Mt23:13-29
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Many woes are allocated to the Pharisees and scribes yet non of them committed suicide

Okay bro
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by redsun(m): 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
UbiPetrus:
He is God.

This is exactly as a child that believes santaclaus left presents under the Christmas tree in the living room for him open. Something a normal child believe until his/her brains start processing issues cognitively. From the age of 5 or 6 upwards.

And to think that you could have had some kind of higher education and still think like this explains the stupendous spell organised religion has on adherents. It also explain why africa is in a limbo,with no constructive and idealistic ambitions. The mindset of adults are predominantly childlike.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by chukzyfcbb: 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

I understand where you guys are coming from, that's why I'm trying to kick start your Independence thinking to see if you can think outside of the box constructed for you by the man/woman you call pastor.

The God that most people who call themselves Christians worship today is actually a god that they've created in their own image and likeness.

They impose upon God their own limitations and worldview and can't think outside of their personal experiences.

Yet, the human experience is supposed to move us closer to the Truth.

Someone's asking me if I'm an atheist. Lol.

Atheists don't believe in the existence of a Supreme being. I do.

And He won't be Supreme if His Will is not Supreme.

Most so-called Christians don't believe in God. They believe in the God they or their pastors have fashioned and created in their minds.
You ended up saying nothing.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Reference(m): 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2018
Can an ambassador be withdrawn before hus tenure expires...., yes, it happens for many reasons. Early departure can be the will of God. Jesus lived in the flesh for just 3 years and did a lot... did all. Methusellah lived almost a thousand years and no records of anything done. Rwmember the Bible says, to the Lord, a thousand years is like a day and a day is like a thousand years. God does not share in our concept of time and space.That is for earthlings. Ageism shares the same shelf with riches and the rest in conceptual argumentation about God's will. Really pointless.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by M0ron: 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2018
johnnyvid:
Can A Person’s Early Death Be The Will Of God - Pastor Sunday Adelaja. watch the interview Here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc375-kCjVo

Adelaja is th only sober Insider of the gospel in Nigerian alongside Abel Damina
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Paradigm777: 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

I'm sure you don't even know the meaning of the Bible verses you've quoted.

How is God's will perfect if it doesn't encompass all of his creation? If something can happen outside of God's will how is his will perfect?
Someone's death might be an acceptable will but not perfect will of God....
Was d birth of Ismael a perfect will of God for Abraham or acceptable /permissive will of God?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by zoedew: 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Blasphemy.

Every death no matter how gruesome is accommodated in God's will.

Nothing that happens in this life is outside the will of God.

That man is a fake. You better change your church. He doesn't know what he's speaking about.

To suggest that some things can happen outside of God's will is to suggest that God is not Omniscient or Omnipotent. That is blasphemy.

Indeed by their fruit you shall know them. Is this not the same so called Pastor speaking evil of The fathers of faith in Nigeria simply because they said Malachi 3:10 is of application across the ages? Watch his end. Unless he changes his ways it is bound to end South! I pray it doesn’t.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by STEVEOTheLIGHT(m): 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
johnnyvid:
Can A Person’s Early Death Be The Will Of God - Pastor Sunday Adelaja. watch the interview Here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc375-kCjVo
The death we term early here might not in any way early with God, once individuals have delivered his/her mission on earth he /she can go back to heaven at any time. Not all death is will of God, this does not mean God is not aware but there are many circumstances that can cause earlier death than the time predestined by God and yet he will still allow it to happen. May God gives us understanding

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Tripleclick(m): 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

So if you overcome the temptation, is it God's will that you overcome that temptation or not?
Dnt say "his will" we overcome temptation through our own willingness and Gods grace.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Tripleclick(m): 3:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

And these natural phenomenon that have been happening for years, are they God's will or not?
All this things are from mother nature.. God does not own this world... He owns the people in it.. One thing he did was that he gives every man the freedom to choose any path he likes
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by God2man(m): 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2018
Do we need to argue about this?

God has told you to choose life that you may live.

God has nothing to do with it.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by UbiPetrus: 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2018
redsun:

This is exactly as a child that believes santaclaus left presents under the Christmas tree in the living room for him open. Something a normal child believe until his/her brains start processing issues cognitively. From the age of 5 or 6 upwards.

And to think that you could have had some kind of higher education and still think like this explains the stupendous spell organised religion has on adherents. It also explain why africa is in a limbo,with no constructive and idealistic ambitions. The mindset of adults are predominantly childlike.
Easy man! I'm not responsible for your frustration, you know.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by GRACEGLORY: 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Like I said you're contradicting yourself and this is straying from the topic.

All things that happen are contained in God's will.

Then, you mean the scripture is contradicting sir, because, these are what it says, and not my own words.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2018
UbiPetrus:
He is God.

Contradiction.

He knows everything but he is powerless do anything about it.

That's the meaning of your statement.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 3:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
CeeKay17:

It's hard to believe you're not trolling, but I'll reply you anyways

Deuteronomy 30:19 - I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live

Deuteronomy 30:15 "Now listen! Today I am giving you a choice between life and death, between prosperity and disaster.

Lol and how do those verses show that God's will is not done in all things?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2018
ollah2:

That doesn't answer the question

It does. Answer that and I'll give you an appropriate answer.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ollah2: 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

It does. Answer that and I'll give you an appropriate answer.

You can give your appropriate answer regardless of the question.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2018
herraph:

It's the driver's and the passenger fault, because accident are caused mostly by high speeding driver. If your driver over speed , you tell him to calm down.

If God himself promised you his is not going to let you die, no one can kill you, even if there is death about to be caused on the road, He will do everything possible for you not to get their either by u not getting a driver to take u there or using someone else to distract from getting there. But how many people are close enough to God to be promised such things. God help the children he is close to.

God does not want his children to die, it's the devil . Don't associate God with bad things please.

Lol.

So death is a bad thing? How do you intend to enjoy heaven if you don't die first?

So Jesus Christ that was put to death on the Cross is also a bad person.

What about his apostles that were all killed?

Wow. You guys have a long way to go yet, but unfortunately all of you only think about these things only on Sunday when you go to Church.

It's obvious that the next great philosopher isn't coming out of this generation. That's for sure.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
jbtobsyn:

That is not what I meant.

So what did you mean?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Iginla Donates N10m To A Muslim Acid Victim, Sponsors Her To India / Catholic Priest, Edwin Obiora Becomes First Priest To Become SAN / Pastor Chris Okafor's Private Jet Is Chartered And Not Owned By Him - LIB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.