₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,190,673 members, 4,776,485 topics. Date: Friday, 22 February 2019 at 09:38 PM

Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) (66592 Views)

The Lagos Corper Knocked Down By Danfo Driver Is Dead / Lagos Corper Knocked Down By A Reckless Driver (Graphic Photo) / 14-Year-Old JSS1 Student Crushed To Death By Truck In Ibadan. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by linearity: 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
I am trying to understand how this would have been any different had she been a full time employee with benefits?

The details in the story did not state that, she survived the accident, but was rejected by the hospital because she does not have medical insurance, therefore resulting in her death or that she could not afford treatment.

Yes, it is very bad to use under paid contract staff in place of full time employees, but I don’t think that is the issue here; since the results would not have been any different had it been she was a full time staff.

5 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by ultron12345: 10:08pm On Jun 03, 2018
pedrilo:
the tribulations of those at The bottom of The pyramid will abide in ur household forever.
lol, tribulations ke, lamentations ni

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by pedrilo: 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2018
ariesbull:

If you don't like it resign

Simple
why r we so wicked as a pipo? U will face situations that leaves u wit no alternative in life like dose job seekers out there. Say amen.

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by peeparty(m): 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2018
bryangilbert:
From what I understand and know is that Zenith Bank do have a conventional policy that allows contract ,underpaid staff to be in position to take cash to other branches/banks with an allowance of N1000 upon returned. This practice is same across branches within Lagos. This girl happens to be a contract worker/Teller in Alaba branch which upon returned of successful delivery of the cash as movement to Trinity Branch,with mobile armed Mopol, She was knocked by a truck.

I have a brother in Zenith Bank, who has suffered such movement over 4 years as a contract staff in Zenith Bank Plc. He collects N75,000 per month as a BSc holder on which other banks do accept OND/HND as same tellers. The responsibility of this contract staff are same as their entry level staff. They do same responsibility and most times, the contract staff posts more tickets than the Full staff that enjoyed Medical Allowance, up front allowance,and many more that contract staff don't receive. Ordinarily, the mobile Mopol men,ought to have brought her back to her branch after a successful delivery thereby avoiding unforeseen incidences. After all, they have insurance on those cash should anything happens to it while the poor girl insurance has landed her to her early grave.
The truth is that the institution doesn't care about the welfare of the non professional staff( contract)

How come you know so muchAre you a staff
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by ultron12345: 10:12pm On Jun 03, 2018
Zico5:

Typical of ur type. They can defend anything so far it's not far from their side. U must be from that side that think with their anus. May the incidence of that innocent girl fall on u I pray.
and let what they are trying to do to innocent zenith bank be done to you as well. For every step you make forward, your enemies will push you 50 steps back.

4 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by ariesbull: 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2018
pedrilo:
why r we so wicked as a pipo? U will face situations that leaves u wit no alternative in life like dose job seekers out there. Say amen.

I have been in a situation that they owed me 5 months and I didn't whine and disturb....I just resigned and have my dignity

Today I do my own thing ....pass the level of salary...I pay people that

Let him resign if he doesn't like the job... simple

I am employer and I know what it means

4 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Chukwugloria: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
Ask Google.........
peeparty:

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by ultron12345: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
peeparty:

its either his a staff who wants to reap where he didn't show or a former staff who was sacked for fraud or abysmally low performance.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by ultron12345: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
peeparty:

its either his a staff who wants to reap where he didn't sow or a former staff who was sacked for fraud or abysmally low performance.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by spenderlaulau: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
oyb:
@op, you had better be lawyered up because jim ovia does not play around and he is an IT freak.

your story is incoherent and slanderous

you are a lowly blogger and if zenth decides to come after you it will be very ugly

i also wonder at who posted this poorly written piece of garbage to fp

seun, you had better go over this topic

may u and ur generation never know peace and such tragedy befall them, u are sent by zenith bank abi.... ogun kee u there.
you are sounding as if u knowledgeable,do u know the kind of sorrow the family of the deceased would be,ogun kee u there I repeat.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Chukwugloria: 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2018
ultron12345:
and let what they are trying to do to innocent zenith bank be done to you as well. For every step you make forward, your enemies will push you 50 steps back.
am suspecting this guy.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by BabaRamota1980: 10:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
May her soul rest in peace!

Was she still on the cash movement assignment in the time this accident happen?

We would prefer to have her here instead of her corpse...nonetheless, the bank is liable here and must pay her family for the loss.

If you are on the clock and outside, away your job post, and running company assignment, its as good as if you were inside the office. Any bodily harm or injury, or death while on the field assignment would be just same as if the harm, injury or death occurred on the office premise. In labor laws this is called workplace injury or accidental death.

Lets imagine that a truck runs into a zenith branch office and killed a staff at her desk. Who would be responsible for costs and damages?
Whoever it is in this scenario should also be liable in the case of a field worker killed in line of duty.

Contract or regular staffing covers hours and wages and benefits. It does not give immunity against culpability in workplace accidental death.

6 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Zico5(m): 10:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
ultron12345:
The last statement is ur portion in the name of ayelala and Ogun with sanpona

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by maestroferddi: 10:18pm On Jun 03, 2018
oyb:
@op, you had better be lawyered up because jim ovia does not play around and he is an IT freak.

your story is incoherent and slanderous

you are a lowly blogger and if zenth decides to come after you it will be very ugly

i also wonder at who posted this poorly written piece of garbage to fp

seun, you had better go over this topic

Shut up the trap you call mouth.

Who gives a damn about Jim Ovia?

We are talking about a young girl cut in her prime and you talking nonsense about Jim being the CEO of Planet Earth Plc...

When will a black man learn to stand for something and shun cowardice and kowtowing to transient influence and power?

Dem do una?

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by spenderlaulau: 10:18pm On Jun 03, 2018
ultron12345:
its either his a staff who wants to reap where he didn't sow or a former staff who was sacked for fraud or abysmally low performance.
don't act knowledgeable on what u know nothing g about, nothing of such happened, go and make ur findings very well, before u open ur mouth to spew rubbish. this is the atrocity that dis bank commit.
if u doubt the veracity of this news, to discredit it,may the tragedy that befall this young lady,never leave ur generation. this is what contract staff go thru in most banks in nigeria, may there sweat n blood make u miserable. don't doubt it, but spread d news.let the world know.. go to her facebook page and see how her � and other images that link her to zenith is being manipulated.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
Davidadelekee:
If you recently got a job with ZENITHBANK or you're yet to receive your appointment letter, do not jubilate, thinking you have landed a great job. My friend, this is a sign that the end is near. It is better to be a cobbler than working with this guys.

I can beat my chest!!! No Zenith Bank Staff employed in the last (4) four years can buy a small car worth 1 million naira. I am not saying you shouldn't ask around. Anyone in this category who bought one probably stole, used dubious means or has another income stream to do that. Your salary in a year is N900,000 which is N75,000 monthly. Tell me how one can build a family, solve other issues including one's upkeep with such an amount even if you live in the bush.

Amongst all 25 banks in Nigeria including the least performing banks, Zenith Bank is the lowest when it comes to salary and staff welfare but number one when it comes to profit making. Thinking profit is what keeps an organization going without taking cognizance of their staff especially at the ground level. No zenith entry level staff will ever tell you how much he/she earns because they don't want to disclose the humiliation they get as salary. Generally, bankers don't disclose their salary but it worse with Zenith. They only have a brand which is over-hyped. Trust me and verify. No graduate's dream should be to work here unless you're the lazy type. Even the likes of Union bank pay triple what Zenith pays as salary for entry level. In this same setting, there is marginalization when decisions and other things are considered.
Eventually, you get a job here and begin to experience these things such that you can't leave and you become useless and irrelevant in the market with no value, please do not say I didn't tell you. Because it is difficult to get a job else where especially when you are not coming as a line staff. Which bank pays a graduate N75,000? Mind you, they only employ B.Sc holders and when you are given a job here, it is based on contract with no hope of conversion until thy kingdom come. In all these, you are not entitled to any allowance whatsoever. Name it! You are only fixed squarely with your 75k salary until you choose to leave or they leave you. Trust me and verify.

Well if you want to joke or carry out an experiment with your B.Sc to know if it was actually issued by a University or Secondary school or you want to do Industrial Attachment with your B.Sc, then try Zenith Bank. But if you want a career, try any other bank...."I mean any" even down to Union. They are even triple better.....I swear.

The only people who enjoy zenith bank are the top management staff who now make policies to enrich themselves and rip the poor and the lower cadre staff.

"Let him that thinks he standeth take heed lest he falls".....Even Goliath fell.[b][/b]

I'm not saying these banks are good. But I don't think they force u pple to take their horrible bank jobs...when u finish signing up for it..u will now start having sense if entitlement of what doesn't belong to u just because u have a bachelor's degree.....

I'm just saying oooo...if I offend u no vex

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by spenderlaulau: 10:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
basisop:
This your story get K-Leg. She was knocked down by a vehicle, was she doing the cash movement with leg? Like she carry money for head dey cross road?
it is obvious u have a problem with comprehending a passage.. and if u sent by zenith to discredit dis news. may calamity befall u.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Simbrixton(m): 10:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
#boycott zenith

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by ultron12345: 10:22pm On Jun 03, 2018
spenderlaulau:

don't act knowledgeable on what u know nothing g about, nothing of such happened, go and make ur findings very well, before u open ur mouth to spew rubbish. this is the atrocity that dis bank commit.
if u doubt the veracity of this news, to discredit it,may the tragedy that befall this young lady,never leave ur generation. this is what contract staff go thru in most banks in nigeria, may there sweat n blood make u miserable. don't doubt it, but spread d news.let the world know.. go to her facebook page and see how her � and other images that link her to zenith is being manipulated.
did the bank force them to accept job, weren't they informed of d conditions of service before d job, we're they forced to sign and agree to the employment terms, if they are not happy cant they resign. If your not an employer, you won't understand.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by pedrilo: 10:24pm On Jun 03, 2018
ariesbull:

I have been in a situation that they owed me 5 months and I didn't whine and disturb....I just resigned and have my dignity

Today I do my own thing ....pass the level of salary...I pay people that

Let him resign if he doesn't like the job... simple

I am employer and I know what it means
u hav a very poor understanding of LIFE.
Don't tink u've escaped poverty for ever cos no condition is permanent. Keep bn a proud n arrogant person ok. U will remember me wen u no longer hav food to eat.

4 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by spenderlaulau: 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2018
wildimagination:

My relative got converted last year July, stop telling lies. Your friend has a computer, he should use office communicator to chat with adeleye at challenge branch in Ibadan and he wasn't the only one that got converted cos when he was gisting about it, he said about 5 of them in the same zone got converted.

U might be right with some of ur info, I don't know, frankly speaking, I don't care. I only countered u of the one I'm 100% sure of.

Wait let me come at u like this, if u are earning 75k. What kinda car are will u be planning to buy? That u think because someone earns 75k they can't afford a car.

That's the reason why pple steal in this country, they look for what's not their level. My twin brother started his career with 73k at cowbell, he managed himself. He didn't go and look at 9million naira vehicles his managers were riding...
We jejely looked for pencil light second hand which he bought in a year... and today the dude rides a brand new Kia Sportage...after a while he would move to a better level...
I'm not saying these banks are good. But I don't think they force u pple to take their horrible bank jobs...when u finish signing up for it..u will now start having sense if entitlement of what doesn't belong to u just because u have a bachelor's degree.....

do u bother to know the number of years this relative of urs spent for him to get converted,i bet u, he/she will spend nothing less than 3 years, the situation is worst now, there are people in the system that have spent more than 4 years in the system, and yet to be converted.
people should stop acting knowledgeable or act as an obstacle when things that affect a very large amount of persons are being talked about.
watch it.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by ultron12345: 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2018
wildimagination:

My relative got converted last year July, stop telling lies. Your friend has a computer, he should use office communicator to chat with adeleye at the popular Agbeni branch in Ibadan and he wasn't the only one that got converted cos when he was gisting about it, he said about 5 of them in the same zone got converted.

U might be right with some of ur info, I don't know, frankly speaking, I don't care. I only countered u of the one I'm 100% sure of.

Wait let me come at u like this, if u are earning 75k. What kinda car are will u be planning to buy? That u think because someone earns 75k they can't afford a car.

That's the reason why pple steal in this country, they look for what's not their level. My twin brother started his career with 73k at cowbell, he managed himself. He didn't go and look at 9million naira vehicles his managers were riding...
We jejely looked for pencil light second hand which he bought in a year... and today the dude rides a brand new Kia Sportage...after a while he would move to a better level...

finally,someone sensible, God bless u sir, may u and ur brother move to greater heights. I don't know why people like to reap where they did not sow, it's just sad.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by emelda86(f): 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2018
This happened on Friday I saw her body God will punish the Hausa okada man

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by HarunaWest(m): 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2018
linearity:
I am trying to understand how this would have been any different had she been a full time employee with benefits?

The details in the story did not state that, she survived the accident but was rejected by the hospital because she does not have medical insurance, therefore resulting I her death or that she could not afford treatment.

Yes, it is very bad to use under paid contract staff in place of full time employees, but I don’t think that is the issue here; since the results would not have been any different had it been she was a full time staff.
A professional staff would have returned with the cash movement vehicle...buh she was asked to enter public transport so she will continue het posting...Trust me as regards stafg welfare,zenith bank are below par.

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Davidadelekee: 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2018
Look at her I.d card . her picture was later edited on her Facebook wall.... How did dey do that cos I can't still comprehend.. Her name on fb lawanson alaseyori oluwabukola. She finished from LASU, micro biology.

Check her wall you will see dey have covered the I.d card for people not to see.....

Make una fear God na...... Na person born am oo

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by spenderlaulau: 10:27pm On Jun 03, 2018
ultron12345:
did the bank force them to accept job, weren't they informed of d conditions of service before d job, we're they forced to sign and agree to the employment terms, if they are not happy cant they resign. If your not an employer, you won't understand.
ur insensitivity stinks to high heaven. u must be an Hitler reincarnate for ur head to conjure that up.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by candyguyofficia(m): 10:29pm On Jun 03, 2018
Gangster1ms:
That looks like a man dead body
Is this suppose to be funny
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
maestroferddi:
Shut up the trap you call mouth.

Who gives a damn about Jim Ovia?

We are talking about a young girl cut in her prime and you talking nonsense about Jim being the CEO of Planet Earth Plc...

When will a black man learn to stand for something and shun cowardice and kowtowing to transient influence and power?

Dem do una?

Lazy, empty-headed Nigerian youth. Unable to think or reason but to swallow rubbish posted by his fellow illiterates whole.

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Davidadelekee: 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2018
ultron12345:
now I know say dem send u....kontinue
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by spenderlaulau: 10:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
ruffhandu:
Ew! It's sad she died, the death of anyone is saddening.

But the OP sounds like a very pained contract staff of Zenith Bank. It's sad when you see your mates moving ahead of you. But, you know what?, If you prove your worth, another employer will price you higher.

Some contract staff joined the bank with one/and, then they run some part time programs and get a B.Sc. Some luckily get converted to full staff, while some are not.

Some are not because they couldn't defend that certificate (we all know some pay their way through), others are not absorbed because they come out with poor grades, I know one that came out with 3rd class(he was actually worse than 3rd class), and that was why he wasn't interviewed (company policy).

My advice to those in that chain. Get your B.Sc, and with your experience, look elsewhere.

For those employed as contract with B.Sc, pls manage it. You knew before you took up the employment. Some B.Sc holders earn less than you. Look for 500k job and leave where you are, stop blackmailing your employer. If you worth your onions, resign and they'll come begging.

You actually have what it takes to be an employer and do business with your employer, there is a hero inside of you. Please stop whining because you were not served crumbs, you can bake the bread in your living room.

The number of tickets you post only stands you out amongst fellow Tellers, your supervisors are paid more to manage customers and check to ensure Tellers post correctly and treat customers well. If you show you have outgrown that league, you'll be recommended for a raise.

To the dead lady. I don't think she died because she was a contract staff, nor because she went for cash movement. It may just be because she wasn't very careful in crossing the road, or the driver was careless, or the vehicle malfunctioned.

Any way, may her soul rest in Peace if it deserves it.
she died has a result of the loophole and inadequate cover for staff of her Ilk by d organisation.
is it too much if she was taken back to her branch by the vehicle that took her there?
we should be a little sensitive atimes,bro.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by peeparty(m): 10:37pm On Jun 03, 2018
ultron12345:

I have my reason for asking him that..All he said above is so true bro....
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by maestroferddi: 10:40pm On Jun 03, 2018
ultron12345:
Quit being a daft...

Nigeria is not the only place people work for employers.

In same climes, there are sundry laws to safeguard employees/workers rights and safety.

What we have here is the situation where employers and their lackeys capitalize on the irresponsible government and terrible economic state of affairs to dehumanize workers.

For crying out loud, we live in a civilzed world.. We should stop leaving as we are in a jungle the strong preys on the weak unrestrainedly.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South African Woman Celebrates Her Nigerian Visa, Dances To Davido's "IF" / Benin Stowaway Boy: Plane's Engine Still Echoes In My Ears / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 208
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.