₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,185,114 members, 4,764,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 17 February 2019 at 08:45 AM

Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) (66559 Views)

The Lagos Corper Knocked Down By Danfo Driver Is Dead / Lagos Corper Knocked Down By A Reckless Driver (Graphic Photo) / 14-Year-Old JSS1 Student Crushed To Death By Truck In Ibadan. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by ruffhandu: 10:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
spenderlaulau:

she died has a result of the loophole and inadequate cover for staff of her Ilk by d organisation.
is it too much if she was taken back to her branch by the vehicle that took her there?
we should be a little sensitive atimes,bro.

My Brother, from her personal effects there, it seems to me she has closed and on her way home. Is that not a bag of shoes?What is the risk in moving from one branch to another without carrying any cash?
The bank should provide transport back, I agree. But this could have still happened if the car breaks down adn she decides to go back on public transport. Accident could still have occurred even inside the Bank's car.
I don't think she died because the bank didn't carry her back to her branch. Any othose I mentioned earlier, or some other things we don't know about might have led to her death.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2018
HarunaWest:

A professional staff would have returned with the cash movement vehicle...buh she was asked to enter public transport so she will continue het posting...Trust me as regards stafg welfare,zenith bank are below par.

Seriously..

So u mean, there was space when she carried money with the armoured vehicle while going...
when she finished dropping the cash and returning .there was no longer space for her....they now said because she's contract staff, she should enter public transport..

You need to fear God.......that thing u wrote up there, does it sound logical to u....

nobody knows how the issue went down exactly, don't formulate scenarios just to blame the yeye bank.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by otokx(m): 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2018
This story appears to have been over ganished with salt and pepper, so incoherent.

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by SirBunky85(m): 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2018
ruffhandu:
Ew! It's sad she died, the death of anyone is saddening.

But the OP sounds like a very pained contract staff of Zenith Bank. It's sad when you see your mates moving ahead of you. But, you know what?, If you prove your worth, another employer will price you higher.

Some contract staff joined the bank with one/and, then they run some part time programs and get a B.Sc. Some luckily get converted to full staff, while some are not.

Some are not because they couldn't defend that certificate (we all know some pay their way through), others are not absorbed because they come out with poor grades, I know one that came out with 3rd class(he was actually worse than 3rd class), and that was why he wasn't interviewed (company policy).

My advice to those in that chain. Get your B.Sc, and with your experience, look elsewhere.

For those employed as contract with B.Sc, pls manage it. You knew before you took up the employment. Some B.Sc holders earn less than you. Look for 500k job and leave where you are, stop blackmailing your employer. If you worth your onions, resign and they'll come begging.

You actually have what it takes to be an employer and do business with your employer, there is a hero inside of you. Please stop whining because you were not served crumbs, you can bake the bread in your living room.

The number of tickets you post only stands you out amongst fellow Tellers, your supervisors are paid more to manage customers and check to ensure Tellers post correctly and treat customers well. If you show you have outgrown that league, you'll be recommended for a raise.

To the dead lady. I don't think she died because she was a contract staff, nor because she went for cash movement. It may just be because she wasn't very careful in crossing the road, or the driver was careless, or the vehicle malfunctioned.

Any way, may her soul rest in Peace if it deserves it.
nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by maestroferddi: 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2018
oyb:

Lazy, empty-headed Nigerian youth. Unable to think or reason but to swallow rubbish posted by his fellow illiterates whole.
Honouring you with a rejoinder has to be an unwitting way to validate your tomfoolery.

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by madgoat(m): 10:44pm On Jun 03, 2018
Sisijetue:
What kind of life is ds sef...you work you die, you no work you die...whats d essence of life then... angry

The essence of life is to be straffing any thing straffable, drinking, smoking and taking things easy. kiss
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by peeparty(m): 10:46pm On Jun 03, 2018
spenderlaulau:

don't act knowledgeable on what u know nothing g about, nothing of such happened, go and make ur findings very well, before u open ur mouth to spew rubbish. this is the atrocity that dis bank commit.
if u doubt the veracity of this news, to discredit it,may the tragedy that befall this young lady,never leave ur generation. this is what contract staff go thru in most banks in nigeria, may there sweat n blood make u miserable. don't doubt it, but spread d news.let the world know.. go to her facebook page and see how her � and other images that link her to zenith is being manipulated.

Calm down my brother your so on point..
Everything you have said is nothing but the truth..This girl is someone I know very well but I won't speak on this issue on this space.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by greatefa1011(m): 10:46pm On Jun 03, 2018
Sowl:
Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies On A Job Meant For Full Staff (Disturbing Photos)

This is a very sad News to the family of this Zenith Bank Plc Contract staff in Alaba Branch ,Lagos State with BSc , that just lost her life in a responsibility that is supposed to be done by Professional Staff. She went on cash movement to a branch in Trinity Road , Apapa in one of Zenith Bank Branches.When a bank such as Zenith Bank with high Magnitude and profit oriented financial institution, would allow Contract staff with no Medical allowance, Welfare allowance and other benefits that professional staff enjoys would be going for Cash movement .
A girl that earns N75,000 on monthly basis died on a function that was supposed to be carried out by Full staff.A bank who doesn't care about the welfare of their contract staff. It is a shame that ZenithBank is using BSc holders as contract staff. Upon return from the Cash movement , she was knocked by a moving truck. RIP Lawanson Alaseyori Oluwabukola.

Please share till it gets to Jim Ovia-Chairman, Peter Amangbo MD/CEO,Ebenezer- Ed, Adaora-Ed.

May her soul Rest in Peace.
that's small the bank where i work now want to drop all HND and OND holders now and replace us with BSc holders as intent. some of us that spent10ysr are been dropwuthout any payoff.UJN

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by azeezboi(m): 10:47pm On Jun 03, 2018
I can't believe this,I still chat with her on the 30th of May,why dis God

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by love2love: 10:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
May her soul rest in peace!

Was she still on the cash movement assignment in the time this accident happen?

We would prefer to have her here instead of her corpse...nonetheless, the bank is liable here and must pay her family for the loss.

If you are on the clock and outside, away your job post, and running company assignment, its as good as if you were inside the office. Any bodily harm or injury, or death while on the field assignment would be just same as if the harm, injury or death occurred on the office premise. In labor laws this is called workplace injury or accidental death.

Lets imagine that a truck runs into a zenith branch office and killed a staff at her desk. Who would be responsible for costs and damages?
Whoever it is in this scenario should also be liable in the case of a field worker killed in line of duty.

Contract or regular staffing covers hours and wages and benefits. It does not give immunity against culpability in workplace accidental death.

Finally some sense.
You have said all there really is to say.

May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by banio: 10:54pm On Jun 03, 2018
Outsourcing of jobs should be banned. It should be made illegal. Also if a firm has contract staffing they should make them permanent, immediately the position is available. It should be direct contract with the firm.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by sapeleboi(m): 10:55pm On Jun 03, 2018
wetin kill her?
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by emelda86(f): 10:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
pedrilo:
Zenith shud review their salary for BSc staff biko.
Some microfinance banks pay fresh BSc holders 100k plus e.g. LAPO

U know Lapo?
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by jayinfo2(m): 10:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
God !! So Bukky is really dead . I can't believe this. Been thinking about it since I heard the story yesterday.

She was really an intelligent lady back in lasu .

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by pedrilo: 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2018
emelda86:

U know Lapo?
yes. Why? U work there
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by spenderlaulau: 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2018
otokx:
This story appears to have been over ganished with salt and pepper, so incoherent.

if that is ur believe out of ignorance I will leave u to God,if u sent by the bank to discredit this, so shall ur life be over garnished with sorrow, and ur life miserable and incoherent.
there is so much dignity and respect on d path of d Op, to cook up stories just to discredit an organization.
better be warned.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Yahoobadoo77: 11:04pm On Jun 03, 2018
banio:
Outsourcing of jobs should be banned. It should be made illegal. Also if a firm has contract staffing they should make them permanent, immediately the position is available. It should be direct contract with the firm.
correct guy.... Thank you for saying that. Some people are here to cover up the issue.... Dey can't succeed

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Yahoobadoo77: 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2018
jayinfo2:
God !! So Bukky is really dead . I can't believe this. Been thinking about it since I heard the story yesterday.

She was really an intelligent lady back in lasu .

very hardworking too... Really pained. We must take this to Lasu Union... Zenith must compensate the family bountifully n stop contract from doing such work... Aluta continua....

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by spenderlaulau: 11:11pm On Jun 03, 2018
ruffhandu:

My Brother, from her personal effects there, it seems to me she has closed and on her way home. Is that not a bag of shoes?What is the risk in moving from one branch to another without carrying any cash?
The bank should provide transport back, I agree. But this could have still happened if the car breaks down adn she decides to go back on public transport. Accident could still have occurred even inside the Bank's car.
I don't think she died because the bank didn't carry her back to her branch. Any othose I mentioned earlier, or some other things we don't know about might have led to her death.
don't act knowledgeable on what u know nothing about, no one here we post such gory image or do a make believe story to discredit an organization.
don't counter the veracity or credibility of this story, if u don't have nothing to say, everything said there is d truth n nothing but the truth, don't counter or try to falsify the truth, if u don't wish to befallen by such calamity.do her spirit d favour of keeping shut n sharing,so the suffering of thousands of contract staff will not befall u and ur family.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by ruffhandu: 11:16pm On Jun 03, 2018
spenderlaulau:

don't act knowledgeable on what u know nothing about, no one here we post such gory image or do a make believe story to discredit an organization.
don't counter the veracity or credibility of this story, if u don't have nothing to say, everything said there is d truth n nothing but the truth, don't counter or try to falsify the truth, if u don't wish to befallen by such calamity.do her spirit d favour of keeping shut n sharing,so the suffering of thousands of contract staff will not befall u and ur family.

My friend caution yourself and mind the way you talk. Who are you threatening? Everyone will die some day. My assertion is based on your story, nothing more. What befell her can befall you as well.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by willibounce1(m): 11:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
If we really are going to be judged by GOD according to the laws/teaching of the bible, no single nigerian will near heaven. We are annoyingly religious yet very evil. Wetin be contract staff? All these evil slavery outsourcing firms owned by retired bank MDs who use people anyhow to make money. These are thesame devils who will sit in front of the church every sunday shouting hallelujah.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Musaadamu77: 11:23pm On Jun 03, 2018
LASU students in the House am sure you guyz can do this... She is a Lasu graduate and she worked with the branch inside lasu....

Something must be done... Fast.....

I mean fast..

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by spenderlaulau: 11:27pm On Jun 03, 2018
ruffhandu:

My friend caution yourself and mind the way you talk. Who are you threatening? Everyone will die some day. My assertion is based on your story, nothing more. What befell her can befall you as well.
that why u need to be careful on ur comments, u don't know who di deceased of blessed memory is to me,so just shut up.
everything up there is true n nothing but d truth.
she was a coursemate of so may lasuites here, that why we r pained.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by spenderlaulau: 11:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
willibounce1:
If we really are going to be judged by GOD according to the laws/teaching of the bible, no single nigerian will near heaven. We are annoyingly religious yet very evil. Wetin be contract staff? All these evil slavery outsourcing firms owned by retired bank MDs who use people anyhow to make money. These are thesame devils who will sit in front of the church every sunday shouting hallelujah.
may God bless u abundantly,you ve stated the reason for our anger, awesome.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by jayinfo2(m): 11:33pm On Jun 03, 2018
Yahoobadoo77:
very hardworking too... Really pained. We must take this to Lasu Union... Zenith must compensate the family bountifully n stop contract from doing such work... Aluta continua....

I think I support u on this
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by spicyjenny4real: 11:33pm On Jun 03, 2018
Such a truly horrible trajedy , my heart is yet to recover from the unfortunate death of this young lady. Before I delve further, it is pertinent that I clear some of the unfortunate statements made by some posters especially "Oyb", who I have known for some years on nairaland and from a distant in real life. First and foremost this incident is very real , it happened on Friday at about 1pm, Bukola, the young lady so gruesomely killed came on official assignment for a routine cash movement request to the branch at Zenith bank, Trinity2 branch. She came with the bullion van but due to the insistence of her branch ( Alaba branch) for the cash to be recounted by the receiving branch, the bullion van left her to attend to other branches where their services are needed. While she waited for the cash to be completely counted, her cash officer in Alaba branch kept pestering her with calls to quickly round up the counting process and return back to her branch. Immediately, she was done with the recounting, she quickly dashed out of the branch and jumped on an okada, it's pertinent to state that the roads from Berger to Coconut is a ticking time bomb. As the okada made its way to the major road, a container truck driver rammed into it and crushed the young lady to death, she died on the spot. The okada driver was able to escape, same with the truck driver.
The key question, is Zenith bank responsible for her death and the answer is an Emphatic Yes. There is no reason whatsoever why someone on official duty for the bank, should be left alone in an environment she isn't familiar with, to negotiate her way to her branch on an Okada. She's paid the supreme price for Zenith bank's negligence and desire to cut corners in a bid to keep profits soaring high. Make no mistake about it, there are so many victims of Zenith bank's penchant for inhumane conduct. There is still so much to write but let me give it a rest now, may her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

7 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by spenderlaulau: 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
peeparty:

Calm down my brother your so on point..
Everything you have said is nothing but the truth..This girl is someone I know very well but I won't speak on this issue on this space.
you have to speak up bro, not every silence is golden.this is the space speak up till it get to this evil people that man the organization.
speak up, act up,.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by jayinfo2(m): 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
Musaadamu77:
LASU students in the House am sure you guyz can do this... She is a Lasu graduate and she worked with the branch inside lasu....

Something must be done... Fast.....

I mean fast..

We must act
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by tiwatomi(m): 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
Zenith Bank! Bank of evil, they care less about the so call contract staff which they employ through the company known as people plus , formally they use Zenith security for this recruitment. Nobody is saying you can run a contract staff but treat them well and pay them good salary, do you know you can be on one level for 15 yrs without increament in your salary at Zenith bank contract...I mean 15 good years. Zenith management are are bloody capitalst since the day of Jim Ovia that care less about the so call staff in question. The worst is Godwin Emefiele that one is an evil man, lay off over 250 contract staff just in one day and pay them peanut as a pay off.
God is watching!

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by salford1: 11:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
spenderlaulau:

she died has a result of the loophole and inadequate cover for staff of her Ilk by d organisation.
is it too much if she was taken back to her branch by the vehicle that took her there?
we should be a little sensitive atimes,bro.
Unfortunate that she died. God give her family to bear the fortitude to bear the loss and may she rest in perfect peace.

But, will this same vehicle take her home after work too?

I am still trying hard to actually find a fault with zenith undecided
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by spenderlaulau: 11:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
ultron12345:
its either his a staff who wants to reap where he didn't show or a former staff who was sacked for fraud or abysmally low performance.
may ur life be abysmal,may others reap from where u sowed, it is evident that u paid to do this, just be careful bro, be very careful.dont discredit dis piece, if u don't want to be befallen by such agony.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by GGirll: 11:42pm On Jun 03, 2018
bryangilbert:
From what I understand and know is that Zenith Bank do have a conventional policy that allows contract ,underpaid staff to be in position to take cash to other branches/banks with an allowance of N1000 upon returned. This practice is same across branches within Lagos. This girl happens to be a contract worker/Teller in Alaba branch which upon returned of successful delivery of the cash as movement to Trinity Branch,with mobile armed Mopol, She was knocked by a truck.

I have a brother in Zenith Bank, who has suffered such movement over 4 years as a contract staff in Zenith Bank Plc. He collects N75,000 per month as a BSc holder on which other banks do accept OND/HND as same tellers. The responsibility of this contract staff are same as their entry level staff. They do same responsibility and most times, the contract staff posts more tickets than the Full staff that enjoyed Medical Allowance, up front allowance,and many more that contract staff don't receive. Ordinarily, the mobile Mopol men,ought to have brought her back to her branch after a successful delivery thereby avoiding unforeseen incidences. After all, they have insurance on those cash should anything happens to it while the poor girl insurance has landed her to her early grave.
The truth is that the institution doesn't care about the welfare of the non professional staff( contract)

My dear these banks are so wicked...I recall after my B.sc useless FCMB employed me as a contract staff after rigorous tests n training I was so posses off when I was told its contract n marketing besides n d most painful aspect of it was that they will be paying me 25k a month i just left to do my M.sc n otherd follows....looking for young girls to destroy.
Rip to her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South African Woman Celebrates Her Nigerian Visa, Dances To Davido's "IF" / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Benin Stowaway Boy: Plane's Engine Still Echoes In My Ears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.