₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,185,071 members, 4,764,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 17 February 2019 at 07:28 AM

Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) (66558 Views)

The Lagos Corper Knocked Down By Danfo Driver Is Dead / Lagos Corper Knocked Down By A Reckless Driver (Graphic Photo) / 14-Year-Old JSS1 Student Crushed To Death By Truck In Ibadan. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 12:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
The thing is, most people making comments here, have no idea about how these things work. From where i came from, both the outsourced staff and core staff use public transport back to the branch which is completely wrong. Firstly, no staff is even required to be in tge bullion van carrying the cash. You are just supposed to be in the bank's official car following the bullion van behind. And after your cash movement, return back to the branch with same car you came with. But its quite unfortunate that NO bank or branch adheres to that policy. We just do things sharp sharp without minding the effects. Now this has happened.
All staff (both outsourced and full) and the banks should take corrections and adhere to this in other to avoid repeat.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by armadeo(m): 2:56pm On Jun 04, 2018
ultron12345:
Lies everywhere. Jim Ovia and co suffered and through hardwork, sweat, blood and tears built zenith bank and one frustrated being is here attempting to spoil their hardwork.I hope u pay dearly for this. Look at the picture, is that a man or woman, look at the trouser, her name appears nowhere only on this NL post, OP is a liar. And it's people like him that sit in the front row in church and be twisting and rolling and performing all sort of drama under anointing.

To all those shouting contract staff, is there anything wrong with that, we're the employees not informed about the jobs terms and conditions, were they forced to sign their employment contract, can't they resign. Rubbish, zenith bank carry go, nothing do una.

To all nairalanders, every enemy of progress, that wants to frustrate your success, just as this OP wants to frustrate zenith bank, Holy Ghost fire, die, die, die, die, die (x100) in Jesus name.

My o my grouse is with some employees who received an appointment letter or a co tract stating clearly the terms and conditions of service. They willingly accepted it due to thier current condition then further down the line they start complaining.

If you don't like the job or the pay resign or better yet plan an exit from the place just don't sit there claiming the company you work for doesn't care for you.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by armadeo(m): 3:00pm On Jun 04, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
May her soul rest in peace!

Was she still on the cash movement assignment in the time this accident happen?

We would prefer to have her here instead of her corpse...nonetheless, the bank is liable here and must pay her family for the loss.

If you are on the clock and outside, away your job post, and running company assignment, its as good as if you were inside the office. Any bodily harm or injury, or death while on the field assignment would be just same as if the harm, injury or death occurred on the office premise. In labor laws this is called workplace injury or accidental death.

Lets imagine that a truck runs into a zenith branch office and killed a staff at her desk. Who would be responsible for costs and damages?
Whoever it is in this scenario should also be liable in the case of a field worker killed in line of duty.

Contract or regular staffing covers hours and wages and benefits. It does not give immunity against culpability in workplace accidental death.

This is logical.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Allstrasse: 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
spenderlaulau:

just stay out of this bro... for ur good..
u stated clearly the obvious fact, but must things continue to be so?, is that how it is in other saner climes?
I intentionally wear d toga of thuggery
,so far our agitation and the world is aware of our fight, I am fulfilled.

Bros, seriously I understand your pain but you are taking it beyond the confines of reason. You are using moral persuasion to try and change a situation that is neither good and bad. It will interest you to know that several graduates, MBA holders and even foreign graduates are ready to take the contract arranegment for even half of what is obtainable. It may surprise you that a sibling of the deceased may even be compensated with another contract job with the same Zenith bank and everybody becomes happy. One mans meat bro.......poison.

Technically and from a strictly legal standpoint Zenith and indeed all other banks are not going to change their policy on contract staff on account of this. I daresay that they will not even be persuaded to alter this policy of contract were 100 contract staff killed by Dangote trucks.
The most that would happen is that the compensation package would be increased and some family members would be lubricated adequately and the beat goes on.

And yes it does happen all around the world......and I should know.
It is christened 'capitalism' so deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Momoamoz(m): 7:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
You've said it all. Zenith bank isn't a place to be @all especially as a contract staff known as GA(peopleplus) where you work the hell of your life and earn peanut without any benefit not evening medicals. I really feel bad for her cox in no time she'll be replace and her years of faithful service in hard labour will be soon forgotten and guess who will take her place? Another contract staff, cox they're are dispensable. How pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by bryangilbert(m): 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
]You are just insane for saying absolutely what you don't know about. Go and make your findings before causing yourself a big problem with false information.
[/b]

Junior66:

Zenith contract staff receive unprondt but only after doing a year. Upfront for those on 75k is 120k paid at the beginning of the year.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by bryangilbert(m): 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2018
I just wish it doesn't hit you as well.
ruffhandu:

Shut up my friend. The dead is dead. People have lost more closer people. Everything I said there is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Progenitor52(m): 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2018
[quote author=bryangilbert post=68181761]

na wa o
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by HartIse(m): 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
Junior66:

Zenith contract staff receive unprondt but only after doing a year. Upfront for those on 75k is 120k paid at the beginning of the year.
Say what you know. That's very false. I am in the system & #75k contract staff don't earn any upfront or bonus.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by salford: 9:25pm On Jun 04, 2018
Momoamoz:
You've said it all. Zenith bank isn't a place to be @all especially as a contract staff known as GA(peopleplus) where you work the hell of your life and earn peanut without any benefit not evening medicals. I really feel bad for her cox in no time she'll be replace and her years of faithful service in hard labour will be soon forgotten and guess who will take her place? Another contract staff, cox they're are dispensable. How pathetic!
What is "people plus", is that a contractor?
I thought someone said Zenith employs it's contract staff directly.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Allstrasse: 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
One of the posters up there said it all.

A lot people (in and out of the system) glossed over that intelligent post.

A contract job as the concept implies is supposed to be a temporary arrangement by both the employee and the organisation.
Where the contract is renewed and repeatedly too, it is only a realistic reflection of a number of factors;
the economic realities of today, the 'laziness' of the contemporary Nigerian youth, the penchant for large scale organizations to take advantage of the times amongst other variables.

There is nonetheless an honourable path for the 'victimised' party.....; guts, a plane sheet of paper and a biro pen.

Anonymous behind the scene moves will only amount to nothing.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by ruffhandu: 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
[quote author=Hazlett1988 post=68158682][/quote]

Hahahahaha. So you think it's every soul that'll rest in peace? Some will continue life elsewhere, some will wait to be in hell, others in heaven, others will turn to malevolent, while others benevolent spirits. It all depends on how you conduct yourself while alive.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by ruffhandu: 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Do you have any idea at all why labor laws exist ?

Is it in this case? I want to know how Zenith Bank killed this lady.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by spenderlaulau: 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2018
bryangilbert:

]You are just insane for saying absolutely what you don't know about. Go and make your findings before causing yourself a big problem with false information.
[/b]

no mind dem dey r bribed..

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Musaadamu77: 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2018
ruffhandu:

Is it in this case? I want to know how Zenith Bank killed this lady.

Oya na....go n ask at NEPA bus stop..
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by bryangilbert(m): 11:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
The truth about contract recruitment in Nigeria is done by outsourcing firms . Why would ZENITHBANK Human Resources recruits for their professional staff and Contract at same time? They should outsource it to other outsourcing firm so we know is contract. ZenithBank conducts aptitude test for both professional and contract staff. That is fraud at the highest other. After you have successfully passed their test and they would now remind you is contract job.

Why didn't they used Outsourcing firms to recruit their contract staff like other financial institution like GTB, ACCESS BANK , FIRSTBANK and so on? They just want to benefits from these poor contract staff. Most financial institutions that outsourced their contract staff don't receive salary from the parental organisation but from the outsourcing company. But is still ZENITHBANK that pays the monthly NET-PAY to their professional staff and contract staff same day.

Both the professional staff and contract staff attends same training together and same everything together but when it comes for payment, they remember that there is difference between the two.

ZenithBank is in constant habit to cheats on contract staff a lot. Zenithbank doesn't give fair treatment to their contract staff at all. Why would somebody work in an institution like Zenith bank without MEDICAL INSURANCE or benefit? while the recruitment process was same from time immemorial between contract and professional staff.

The poor girl lost her life on the job. I urge the bank to give her a befitting burial and compensate her family for such a lost. ZenithBank try and reform your policy on cash movement as the CASH OFFICERS should be responsible for such task and not the contract staff because CASH OFFICERS receive RISK allowances of N250k per year on assignments they don't take risk on while contract staff that doesn't enjoy any of these . These task of cash movement is too high for a contract staff that earns N75k. Please they should be a reform to job functions so we know where their problems are coming from.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by ruffhandu: 8:16am On Jun 06, 2018
Musaadamu77:

Oya na....go n ask at NEPA bus stop..

My brother, the matter tire me.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by sunshineyellow: 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2018
Davidadelekee:
If you recently got a job with ZENITHBANK or you're yet to receive your appointment letter, do not jubilate, thinking you have landed a great job. My friend, this is a sign that the end is near. It is better to be a cobbler than working with this guys.

I can beat my chest!!! No Zenith Bank Staff employed in the last (4) four years can buy a small car worth 1 million naira. I am not saying you shouldn't ask around. Anyone in this category who bought one probably stole, used dubious means or has another income stream to do that. Your salary in a year is N900,000 which is N75,000 monthly. Tell me how one can build a family, solve other issues including one's upkeep with such an amount even if you live in the bush.

Amongst all 25 banks in Nigeria including the least performing banks, Zenith Bank is the lowest when it comes to salary and staff welfare but number one when it comes to profit making. Thinking profit is what keeps an organization going without taking cognizance of their staff especially at the ground level. No zenith entry level staff will ever tell you how much he/she earns because they don't want to disclose the humiliation they get as salary. Generally, bankers don't disclose their salary but it worse with Zenith. They only have a brand which is over-hyped. Trust me and verify. No graduate's dream should be to work here unless you're the lazy type. Even the likes of Union bank pay triple what Zenith pays as salary for entry level. In this same setting, there is marginalization when decisions and other things are considered.
Eventually, you get a job here and begin to experience these things such that you can't leave and you become useless and irrelevant in the market with no value, please do not say I didn't tell you. Because it is difficult to get a job else where especially when you are not coming as a line staff. Which bank pays a graduate N75,000? Mind you, they only employ B.Sc holders and when you are given a job here, it is based on contract with no hope of conversion until thy kingdom come. In all these, you are not entitled to any allowance whatsoever. Name it! You are only fixed squarely with your 75k salary until you choose to leave or they leave you. Trust me and verify.

Well if you want to joke or carry out an experiment with your B.Sc to know if it was actually issued by a University or Secondary school or you want to do Industrial Attachment with your B.Sc, then try Zenith Bank. But if you want a career, try any other bank...."I mean any" even down to Union. They are even triple better.....I swear.

The only people who enjoy zenith bank are the top management staff who now make policies to enrich themselves and rip the poor and the lower cadre staff.

"Let him that thinks he standeth take heed lest he falls".....Even Goliath fell.[b][/b]
As of today, there is nothing like contract staff in zenith anymore.
Their entry level earn 100k ie Graduate Assistant..
They enjoy all benefit including 13th month sal.
Its a nice one to start.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by sunshineyellow: 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2018
Davidadelekee:
If you recently got a job with ZENITHBANK or you're yet to receive your appointment letter, do not jubilate, thinking you have landed a great job. My friend, this is a sign that the end is near. It is better to be a cobbler than working with this guys.

I can beat my chest!!! No Zenith Bank Staff employed in the last (4) four years can buy a small car worth 1 million naira. I am not saying you shouldn't ask around. Anyone in this category who bought one probably stole, used dubious means or has another income stream to do that. Your salary in a year is N900,000 which is N75,000 monthly. Tell me how one can build a family, solve other issues including one's upkeep with such an amount even if you live in the bush.

Amongst all 25 banks in Nigeria including the least performing banks, Zenith Bank is the lowest when it comes to salary and staff welfare but number one when it comes to profit making. Thinking profit is what keeps an organization going without taking cognizance of their staff especially at the ground level. No zenith entry level staff will ever tell you how much he/she earns because they don't want to disclose the humiliation they get as salary. Generally, bankers don't disclose their salary but it worse with Zenith. They only have a brand which is over-hyped. Trust me and verify. No graduate's dream should be to work here unless you're the lazy type. Even the likes of Union bank pay triple what Zenith pays as salary for entry level. In this same setting, there is marginalization when decisions and other things are considered.
Eventually, you get a job here and begin to experience these things such that you can't leave and you become useless and irrelevant in the market with no value, please do not say I didn't tell you. Because it is difficult to get a job else where especially when you are not coming as a line staff. Which bank pays a graduate N75,000? Mind you, they only employ B.Sc holders and when you are given a job here, it is based on contract with no hope of conversion until thy kingdom come. In all these, you are not entitled to any allowance whatsoever. Name it! You are only fixed squarely with your 75k salary until you choose to leave or they leave you. Trust me and verify.

Well if you want to joke or carry out an experiment with your B.Sc to know if it was actually issued by a University or Secondary school or you want to do Industrial Attachment with your B.Sc, then try Zenith Bank. But if you want a career, try any other bank...."I mean any" even down to Union. They are even triple better.....I swear.

The only people who enjoy zenith bank are the top management staff who now make policies to enrich themselves and rip the poor and the lower cadre staff.

"Let him that thinks he standeth take heed lest he falls".....Even Goliath fell.[b][/b]
Its a nice one to start.
They just converted 2014 GAs to ET a month ago. Sal is 180...
GA entry level is 100k.
No more contract stuff.
Re: Zenith Bank Contract Staff Dies, Knocked Down By Truck In Lagos (Graphic) by Prinzofparis: 10:19am On Jan 22
sunshineyellow:

Its a nice one to start.
They just converted 2014 GAs to ET a month ago. Sal is 180...
GA entry level is 100k.
No more contract stuff.

This is not entirely true. There is still contract stuff in the system. all GA's are contract staff with PPC.
There is no GA in Zenith Bank!!! Dont misinform the public. Graduate Assistants GA are employed by PEOPLE PLUS CONSULTING LTD. The entry level for zenith bank is still Executive trainee ET. It still takes about 4 years before you can get converted except on special arrangements like professional qualifications (ICAN, ACCA, CFA, CISI, etc) or higher powers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South African Woman Celebrates Her Nigerian Visa, Dances To Davido's "IF" / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Benin Stowaway Boy: Plane's Engine Still Echoes In My Ears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.