Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? (13904 Views)

Can The Power Button Of Tecno Spark 4(kc8) Be Repaired? / Can A Zealot Bluetooth Speaker Be Repaired? / Can Iphone 7+ Home Button Be Repaired/ Replaced? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Kaysalas(m): 8:01am On Jun 04, 2018
Tallesty1:
This is not true. Repairing charging port is quite simple. Just dismantle power bank, paste the panel and then remove the damaged port with a blower, apply paste and led on where you will solder the new one, place the new one and solder back with a soldering iron or blower.

Very simple.
You are a phone repair man, I reckon.
You so much sound like you don taayy for computer village.
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by dukeokafor(m): 8:01am On Jun 04, 2018
oyb:
Be very very careful. That's lithium ion you're messing with.

I don't think I'm doing anything with the battery. Just the charging port
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by economia: 8:01am On Jun 04, 2018
dukeokafor:
I have a Powerbank that works beautifully well by Romoss.

Great capacity but the charging port to charge the Powerbank itself has spoilt. Please is it replaceable/repairable?

Anyone?
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by dukeokafor(m): 8:02am On Jun 04, 2018
danjumakolo:
If a dead follow come battery for a smartphone can be ressurrected,then a power bank too can come to life.Just get the right person to do it

I'm not resurrecting battery oo
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by lyricalz: 8:04am On Jun 04, 2018
dukeokafor:

Great capacity but the charging port to charge the Powerbank itself has spoilt. Please is it replaceable/repairable?

Anyone?

if you're in Lagos, and near alaba international market, call or WhatsApp me on 08098847247, I fix any issue with power bank, phones, laptops, any multimedia gadget perfectly.
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by babyjane122: 8:31am On Jun 04, 2018
yes you can I even got my own repaired after it stopped charging
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Tallesty1(m): 8:35am On Jun 04, 2018
Kaysalas:

You are a phone repair man, I reckon.
You so much sound like you don taayy for computer village.
Lols... I used to repair phones and laptops but I stopped that years ago. Wahala wey follow am here too much
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Horus(m): 8:39am On Jun 04, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOcSWV-p6B4

How to Repair power bank at home
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Revolva(m): 8:40am On Jun 04, 2018
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Carter4luv(m): 8:45am On Jun 04, 2018
It can be repaired. Wat need to be change is the USB port. U can get it in electronics shops
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Mechatronix: 8:50am On Jun 04, 2018
Oh yes! It can be repaired! If u are in Lagos, take it to computer village. Those phone technicians can do wonders there.
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by officialfysh(m): 8:59am On Jun 04, 2018
It is Bro, u dont expect it to function properly again
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 04, 2018
dukeokafor:

I'm not resurrecting battery oo

lol

1 Like

Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by donqx: 9:06am On Jun 04, 2018
hmmm
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by airsaylongcon: 9:11am On Jun 04, 2018
Dumdumfashion:
I advice you get a new one because even after fixing it that's if it is fixable, it won't last long before going bad again.

You are very right!!! The attempts at soldering the USB or charging port might damage other non-replaceable parts. Or if they manage to fix it they will tell you not to use force to plug the cables. Long story short the powerbank will fail again. My advice is to give it out to people that properly dispose of it at no cost to you.
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by airsaylongcon: 9:14am On Jun 04, 2018
Tallesty1:
This is not true. Repairing charging port is quite simple. Just dismantle power bank, paste the panel and then remove the damaged port with a blower, apply paste and led on where you will solder the new one, place the new one and solder back with a soldering iron or blower.

Very simple.

Easy to say until you realise that the charging port is using a different number of legs than what is readily available in the market
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by MrBONE2(m): 9:25am On Jun 04, 2018
post=68159539:
Yes, but DO NOT TRY IT AT HOME!!

I have 2 Spoilt PowerBanks let try and repair them at Home grin

Wish your fellow BoneBeing well grin
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:28am On Jun 04, 2018
MrBONE2:

I have 2 Spoilt PowerBanks let try and repair them at Home grin

Wish your fellow BoneBeing well grin
no talk say I no tell you o
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Tallesty1(m): 9:28am On Jun 04, 2018
airsaylongcon:

Easy to say until you realise that the charging port is using a different number of legs than what is readily available in the market
Lols. Most charging ports have five legs. The first and last legs are for charging, the three in the centre are for USB purposes. With this in mind, you can easily use/convert most of the readily available ports. Moreover power banks have separate ports for USB so they don't come with complicated ports.
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by ZACHIE: 9:31am On Jun 04, 2018
koice:

Phone repairers are electricians naa. Some of them can even repair laptops sef.

You are so wrong
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by MrBONE2(m): 9:33am On Jun 04, 2018
post=68163059:
no talk say I no tell you o
Is Just for a trying sake,if it works i will inform you grin
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 04, 2018
The case contains pcb which has both charging and discharging port all you need to do is connect positive to positive on the board and negative also. Difference in size is just the number of batteries. It is very simple once you understand it. Most power banks are the same.
Try googling tp4056, 18650. Search DIY power bank on jumia. Some cases even have spring like AA battery.

Caution: batteries can cause fire

1 Like

Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:34am On Jun 04, 2018
MrBONE2:

Is Just for a trying sake,if it works i will inform you grin
Ok goodluck....
But lemme know when you hear gboooooooommmmm!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by MrBONE2(m): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2018
post=68163251:
Ok goodluck.... But lemme know when you hear gboooooooommmmm!!
0k grin
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 04, 2018
OP please post a photo of the cells inside. I want to see the brand that romoss use ( lg, BAK, samsung, sanyo, szn etc). Will you have a power bank if oyinbo was afraid to take risk?
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Kaysalas(m): 10:29am On Jun 04, 2018
Tallesty1:
Lols... I used to repair phones and laptops but I stopped that years ago. Wahala wey follow am here too much
Hahaha! You don spoil pipu fone taya be DAT hehehehahaha! I know ur kind....hehehe...your eyes don see ! Lol. I can relate bro. Learnt @ florin in Ikeja, way back 2006, na hogwash dem teach us. But my mind nor komot for d thing O, pipu dey still bring fone con meet me, even without telling them I learnt it before.
I just paid a guy who is very good to teach me all over again(especially panel/ board problems),
New dilemma now be say ; do I leave my teaching job which nets close to 100k and continue with fone repair, or do I just marry my teaching job fully.
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by ebenholer(m): 10:31am On Jun 04, 2018
Repairing it is as easy as abc. Whatsoever makes computer motherboard to be fixable.
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 04, 2018
Codeman01:
Any phone repairer that is good at soldering will do it without any itch, I always repairs mine by myself and have been using it for past six years #VINSIC#

I've been using mine for 2 years now but the output is now very low. Before it could charge my 5000mah phone battery twice, but now it drains at 30% of charging. Can this also be fixed?
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Tallesty1(m): 11:04am On Jun 04, 2018
Kaysalas:

Hahaha! You don spoil pipu fone taya be DAT hehehehahaha! I know ur kind....hehehe...your eyes don see ! Lol. I can relate bro. Learnt @ florin in Ikeja, way back 2006, na hogwash dem teach us. But my mind nor komot for d thing O, pipu dey still bring fone con meet me, even without telling them I learnt it before.
I just paid a guy who is very good to teach me all over again(especially panel/ board problems),
New dilemma now be say ; do I leave my teaching job which nets close to 100k and continue with fone repair, or do I just marry my teaching job fully.
I started in 2010, learned it from someone who learned in China (if you come to Nsukka and ask of Emeka or Charles, people will testify that they're the best) so spoiling phones wasn't what have me problems location was the issue.

I was once arrested for repairing phone too fast. Here's what happened, I charged the guy 4k for a charging dock replacement and had it changed immediately. Dude said that he cannot pay that amount for something that didn't take me up to 5 minutes.

I thought it was a joke until dude started attacking me, He later called the police and I was arrested.

I also made the mistake of buying used phones, bought a few stolen ones and suffered for it.

There was also a time that a young man gave me phone to repair, unknown me, he spoiled his father's phone and wanted to repair it before the old man returns. I repaired it but dude didn't have money to pay. His dad later discovered what happened and came to me for the phone. I refused to give him and boom I was arrested.

I took the work seriously and I'm good at it but the place I was staying is filled with people with backward mentality.

I will still open another shop once I leave north and I assure you that the story won't be the same.

I didn't experience any of these or similar problems while I was in the east but I never liked staying close to home.

2 Likes

Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by KushLyon(m): 11:10am On Jun 04, 2018
the same thing happened to mine and I repaired it for just 500 naira (depending on where you stay though)....i could have done it myself if I have solder iron, it's not rocket science
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 04, 2018
dukeokafor:

Anyone?

Sure, most especially if you can see it type.... It's gonna be perfect... Though a good engineer should be able to fix it
Re: Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? by Kaysalas(m): 1:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
Tallesty1:
I started in 2010, learned it from someone who learned in China (if you come to Nsukka and ask of Emeka or Charles, people will testify that they're the best) so spoiling phones wasn't what have me problems location was the issue.

I was once arrested for repairing phone too fast. Here's what happened, I charged the guy 4k for a charging dock replacement and had it changed immediately. Dude said that he cannot pay that amount for something that didn't take me up to 5 minutes.

I thought it was a joke until dude started attacking me, He later called the police and I was arrested.

I also made the mistake of buying used phones, bought a few stolen ones and suffered for it.

There was also a time that a young man gave me phone to repair, unknown me, he spoiled his father's phone and wanted to repair it before the old man returns. I repaired it but dude didn't have money to pay. His dad later discovered what happened and came to me for the phone. I refused to give him and boom I was arrested.

I took the work seriously and I'm good at it but the place I was staying is filled with people with backward mentality.

I will still open another shop once I leave north and I assure you that the story won't be the same.

I didn't experience any of these or similar problems while I was in the east but I never liked staying close to home.
That means saybyou go fit read panel components well well be that. Anyway, make we hook up abeg, I can learn from you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. / Can I Subscribe To Mtn Night Browsing With An Active Subscription?? / Free Airtime & Data With MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.