Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,858 members, 7,798,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] (11023 Views)

Skills You Can Learn And Earn In Dollars 2022 / Simple Skills To Survive A Sudden Snake Attack Unhurt / The Most Precious Resource You Must Learn To Use Smartly To Avoid Being Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by TheManofTomorrow(m): 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2018
I know 1and half of those skills. Still looking for a worthy teacher to teach me graphic design
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by TheManofTomorrow(m): 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
iLegendd:
Looks like we're not in the mood to know the benefits. Maybe, I should've posted this on Education Section.

Lalasticlala, kindly move this to Education Section. Thank you.
Post it here. I exposes ur content to more audience since it might not hit front page. Some pple are really following tho they might not comment

1 Like

Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by TheManofTomorrow(m): 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by TheManofTomorrow(m): 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
iLegendd:
Do you want to know the BENEFITS of these 3 easy to learn skills?
Boss, I hail. More power to your elbow.
But just a question, don't you think typing skill without writing skill(ability to put good usage of English into writing) and the skill of being able to edit what you type say on Microsoft word wouldn't be too elaborated?

If you ask me. I will tell you they are as well important.
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 8:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheManofTomorrow:
Boss, I hail. More power to your elbow.
But just a question, don't you think typing skill without writing skill(ability to put good usage of English into writing) and the skill of being able to edit what you type say on Microsoft word wouldn't be too elaborated?

If you ask me. I will tell you they are as well important.
Both are important. You know, this is Nairaland. If you mention writing skill to a Nairalander, he will attack you and say, "Who writing skill epp?"

He sees writing skills as someone forcing him to learn English language. Nigerians hate learning English. We feel we already know it. There is no need telling a Nigerian to learn something he already knows. He is going to feel insulted.

The truth is: Both are important. If a man can't spell, then how can he type fast? So, I already assume all Nigerians can spell. The typing skill I'm trying to encourage them to learn is to help them accomplished anything related to writing faster.

Where the world is heading to, typing fast is highly needed. In fact, it's a MUST have skill.

3 Likes

Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by TheManofTomorrow(m): 9:10pm On Jun 06, 2018
iLegendd:
Both are important. You know, this is Nairaland. If you mention writing skill to a Nairalander, he will attack you and say, "Who writing skill epp?"

He sees writing skills as someone forcing him to learn English language. Nigerians hate learning English. We feel we already know it. There is no need telling a Nigerian to learn something he already knows. He is going to feel insulted.

The truth is: Both are important. If a man can't spell, then how can he type fast? So, I already assume all Nigerians can spell. The typing skill I'm trying to encourage them to learn is to help them accomplished anything related to writing faster.

Where the world is headieng to, typing fast is highly needed. In fact, it's a MUST have skill.
Well written bro.
I started Mavis beacon two months ago after I felt the need to type faster and I improved from 25AWPM to 45AWPM. I was glad I did and it was worth my time. Now I'm learning web design/ HTML/coding. I pray I'm able to learn graphic design too.

BTW, what's your typing speed?
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 11:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheManofTomorrow:
Well written bro.
I started Mavis beacon two months ago after I felt the need to type faster and I improved from 25AWPM to 45AWPM. I was glad I did and it was worth my time. Now I'm learning web design/ HTML/coding. I pray I'm able to learn graphic design too.

BTW, what's your typing speed?
It's been years. When is started, I sucked. Before I stopped, I usually get at least 97 percent accuracy and an astronomical speed.

I learned speedreading, so all these other skills add-up. Every little things we learn in life will always add-up in the future.

In learning Mavis, there is a stage you'll get, it becomes child's play. I don't even have it in my computer for more than 8 years now because I don't see the need anymore — it's now second nature and that's how it'll be for anyone who takes it seriously.
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by Auladimeji(m): 12:30am On Jun 07, 2018
iLegendd:
It's been years. When is started, I sucked. Before I stopped, I usually get at least 97 percent accuracy and an astronomical speed.

I learned speedreading, so all these other skills add-up. Every little things we learn in life will always add-up in the future.

In learning Mavis, there is a stage you'll get, it becomes child's play. I don't even have it in my computer for more than 8 years now because I don't see the need anymore — it's now second nature and that's how it'll be for anyone who takes it seriously.
What are the challenges of learning those skills because I'm commercial student so I wanna go into computer science without going to computer science school

1 Like

Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 1:46am On Jun 07, 2018
Auladimeji:
What are the challenges of learning those skills because I'm commercial student so I wanna go into computer science without going to computer science school
Most of the skills I learned, I didn't face challenges. What do I mean? I meant: I didn't know they were skills. I learned them as a kid or a teenager.

I learned for either fun or passion. When you learn something for fun without pressure, you won't notice any challenge even if there is.

This is why children learn any language with ease as they grow, but an adult will see it as a skill and for seeing it as a skill, it becomes challenging.

Though, I mentioned those skills above as a "skill," but don't learn them as a skill, but as "passion or fun" with seriousness. This way, you won't notice any challenge.

We notice challenge when we're too meticulous or too eager to get it right. Children are not eager to get it right — they just do it.

Let children be your guide. wink

4 Likes

Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by TheManofTomorrow(m): 6:34am On Jun 07, 2018
iLegendd:

Thatz true. All I gat to learn is not to peek at my keyboard. I never knew until your article declared it a bad typing habit. I also do noticed that it also lowered my speed a little.
Pls do update about the two remaining skill.
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 2:04pm On Jun 08, 2018
Before we continue, let me add this: for those who already know how to type but want to use an online medium to have a little typing fun, then use www.toptypingtest.com or look for other alternatives.

Typing...

Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by Ademola47(m): 6:25pm On Jun 08, 2018
@iLegendd , pls continue the tutorial. It's very interesting

1 Like

Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by damtan(m): 8:40am On Jun 11, 2018
Please continue. I wish you could go straight to graphic design. my typing skill is excellent. I learnt it after i saw my brother type without looking at the keyboard though slowly. I'm done with mavis beacon and it's no longer important to me. Na that graphic design dey do me strong thing. I just installed illustrator on my system and seeing some YouTube videos, yet I'm still having challenges.
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by KellyGatzz(m): 12:20pm On Jun 11, 2018
iLegendd:
Number 18

Benefits 4: Since the finger was strong and great at what it does, I transferred that skill to his elder brother, the third leg, and trained him for 6 months and finally, he could do better than his younger brother, the finger. The finger inspired him to be who he is today.

Typing...

What steps did you take, bro? please, I'd love to learn.
Thanks!
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2018
KellyGatzz:

What steps did you take, bro? please, I'd love to learn.
Thanks!
6 months mental and physical exercise. The benefit is as long as you live.

I have been trying to update this thread, but...anyway, I'll try.

4 Likes

Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by blessedvisky(m): 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2018
iLegendd:

Pls tell us if there is any way we can learn coding without studying computer science or computer engineering
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 4:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
blessedvisky:

Pls tell us if there is any way we can learn coding without studying computer science or computer engineering
Coding is easy and it's fun. Being focused is hard.

A simple to understand mentor on YouTube is all you need. Also, you need to look on Google and find a forum for programmers and join.

Whenever you have a debugging problem and the code is giving you tough time, you run to that forum, create a thread and ask.

Gurus all around the world on that forum will answer you for free. Use Google and search for "Best forum for programmers."

Chose 1 or 2 and join. Coding is sweet. I built or modify all my sites. Today, I switched our ongoing forum Many Men from HTTP and HTTPS. If I were to pay someone to log into my Cpanel and do it, it would've costs me lots of money.

Advice: Any male child (even female) that isn't learning those three things I listed on this thread, is losing money.

Those things are money in the bank. The need and worth of those skills are increasing everyday. As they increase, that's how the money attached to them increases. It will NEVER decrease.

All a man / woman needs are those three skills with some entrepreneurial skill, then watch the money pile up as long as he / she is smart on leveraging on opportunities.

Studying Computer Science is schooling and it's a waste of time. Studying from YouTube is education and it's all you need. Schooling sucks, but education rocks. You don't need to go to school — you need to go to YouTube.

If you're bent on going to school to study it, know that someone who is focused on using YouTube will achieve more than you. Schooling is just to boost one's confidence and brag to people that you went to school.

The real world doesn't need school, it needs education. Education can be gotten anywhere. Sadly, we Africans prefer getting ours from a school.

That that I'm wiser, I prefer getting my education from the street, experiences, books by great authors, or YouTube.

I have been given an abroad scholarship twice for masters, but I simply declined. People who love schooling called me a fool, but they don't see what I see.

Typing...

3 Likes

Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 6:52pm On Jun 12, 2018
For the people asking me to recommend a mentor on coding skill, I wouldn't be specific. The only thing I'll say is: the person I love the most is on these links below. His name appeared on both links.

Choose one of those guys and you're 100% set to be good, if not great, in web development. (Coding skill).

1. https://www.simicart.com/blog/top-5-greatest-youtube-channels-for-web-developers/amp/

2. https://themehunt.com/blog/32-free-resources/145-youtube-channels-web-development-courses

Note: Focus only on HTML and CSS at the moment. They are easy and sweet to learn. If you find it difficult, it means you're not yet focused.

Warning: Don't try to learn from different masters. You'll only be disorganized and get confused at the end. This lifestyle affected me some years ago.

Typing...
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 8:26am On Jun 13, 2018
Based on this topic, I had a chat with someone about it and the content of the chat is interesting and educational. If you wish to see it, let me know and I'll try to upload the screenshots.
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by morett: 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2018
iLegendd:
Based on this topic, I had a chat with someone about it and the content of the chat is interesting and educational. If you wish to see it, let me know and I'll try to upload the screenshots.

I want to see.
I've read through and enjoyed everything you shared so far- Er... except the fingering part.
Thanks. smiley
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by Nobody: 3:28am On Jun 15, 2018

Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by KellyGatzz(m): 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2018
iLegendd:

I pm'ed you, but you haven't replied.
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2018
KellyGatzz:

I pm'ed you, but you haven't replied.
I always reply messages. I didn't see your message.
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by DrBESTJC(m): 11:09am On Jun 17, 2018
iLegendd:
I always reply messages. I didn't see your message.

WOOOoooOOOW!!!

I used to think that learning a progamming(coding) language is akin to and difficult as learning a new language like Chinese or French language untill I discovered this thread...

Ride on Sir!...

But do you think(from your experience) that as a beginner,I can learn coding in six months?

And again,after learning these skills,HOW DO I MAKE MONEY FROM IT??...I mean who will employ me?I have got a laptop and an android phone already.

Please don't say that I ask too many questions...I am a novice to these....just like you were few years ago....but I have the passion and I don't want to make mistakes....
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by sunlawphy(m): 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2018
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2018
DrBESTJC:

WOOOoooOOOW!!!

Most of the skills I acquired as a teenager / youth took less than 6 month to grasp. The moment you grasp a skill, you won't need to worry about mastering it.

Mastering comes when you keep doing and enjoying a skill with passion. One day, you'll look back and realize you've mastered it. For me, I don't focus on mastering — it just happens as I enjoy it.

To make money, you must think like an entrepreneur, not a programmer or a coder. Remove "employ" from your mind.

You need to read my chat with one of the people who chatted me up on WhatsApp based on this topic.

Here is the link to read the chat: www.wetclef.com/topic521.html
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by Narnah(f): 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
Hy ilegend, good work. Thanks for the motivation, so I went back to continue mavis beacon typing but after a while it started asking for product key. I've been stuck there, I hope you can help. Thanks
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by morett: 7:59am On Jun 18, 2018
JoeClef:
Here is the chat: https://www.wetclef.com/topic521.html

Thanks so much.
I've read and enjoyed it. And it's true one has to remove "employ"
from his mind. Success is mindset. You build an employee mindset and it's certain you're gonna become one.

On the contrary, Zuckerberg wasn't actually an average programmer.
People like Zuck and Bill gates were actually exceptional programmers, it's just that they built something bigger than the capacity of one excellent man.

1 Like

Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by iLegendd(m): 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2018
Narnah:
Hy ilegend, good work. Thanks for the motivation, so I went back to continue mavis beacon typing but after a while it started asking for product key. I've been stuck there, I hope you can help. Thanks
This skipped me. It's been years I used Mavis. One secret of getting keys is to use YouTube or Torrent.

Most of the videos that reveal the keys are usually short with lots of likes. If you have Mavis Beacon version 20, then go to YouTube and type: Mavis Beacon 20 Serial number or Mavis Beacon Product key.

Paraphrase the words and search. If you don't get it, go to any nearby computer store and buy it. If you're rich, buy it from their online store.
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 03, 2018
morett:

Thanks so much.
I've read and enjoyed it. And it's true one has to remove "employ"
from his mind. Success is mindset. You build an employee mindset and it's certain you're gonna become one.

On the contrary, Zuckerberg wasn't actually an average programmer.
People like Zuck and Bill gates were actually exceptional programmers, it's just that they built something bigger than the capacity of one excellent man.

Yes, he was good with codes, not great. His workers are great. For Bill Gate, he was great with codes, but not anymore. The good thing is: they had great ideas.
Re: 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] by TheSilentNight: 7:33pm On Jul 15, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Application For Niger Delta University's Screening Process Begins / Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN / Batch B: NYSC Set To Begin Online Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.