Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba (17438 Views)

Father, Son, One Other Die Inside Well In Benue / Lagos Community Thrown Into Confusion As 8 Children Die Inside Vehicle (pics) / Ajibawo Lawal & Sunday Akhigbe Die Inside Lagos Studio, Others Hospitalised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by stane007: 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2018
Residents of No.176 Azikiwe Road Aba were thrown into grief and confusion, after two sewage staff were reportedly found dead inside a soak away pit in Aba, the commercial nerve of Abia State. 

It was gathered that the two sewage staff identified as Chimamkpa and Orji attached to a popular sewage disposal company in the city, had gone to the building to evacuate solid waste when they met their untimely death.

Though there are different stories on what led to the death of the sewage staff, ranging from sewage disposal chemical they might have inhaled to some superstitious believe of been killed by evil forces, however a resident of the area who simply gave his name as Ndubuisi said that the two men came to work in the building and after they might have finished evacuating the solid waste, one of them came out through the pit’s manhole.

After the  man came out, he decided to assist his colleague to come out by giving him his hand. However as the sewer inside held his colleague’s hand to come out, both of them according to Ndubuisi fell back into the pit and were unable to come out. Before any help could come their way, both men were stone dead.

“The incident happened so sudden, it was like a magic. When the one outside fell back into the soak away pit, people thought he would come out with his colleague.

“But after waiting for a while none of them came out, people around decided to break the cover of the soak away pit only to find the two men dead and police were called in immediately" he said.

The Nation reported that all efforts made to reach one Mr. Amaobi said to be the manager the sewage disposal company where the two men worked before their death proved abortive, as calls on his mobile phone was answered by a man who said he was not in charge and could not speak on the issue.

https://lailasnews.com/two-sewage-staff-reportedly-die-inside-soak-away-pit-in-aba/

1 Like

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by eezeribe(m): 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
May their souls rest in peace
願他們的靈魂安息
Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by Donald95(m): 10:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
God please, I don't want to chop shit and die chopping it.
RIP

6 Likes

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by Exwizard: 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
May the lord fortify their families
Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by evy800(f): 10:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
Dat is undoubtedly the worst way 2 check out...if this story is 4 real then am sorry they had 2 go lyk that tongue

1 Like

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by Dumdumfashion(f): 11:10pm On Jun 03, 2018
It's so sad that they had to do a type of job that people frown their faces at but to die doing it is just simply......….................. No word to qualify it sef. RIP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:44am On Jun 04, 2018
What a sad way to die
RIP

2 Likes

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by Hyinkar97(m): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2018
Sad cry
They died fending for what to eat and live on

May their souls rest in perfect peace

6 Likes

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by grandstar(m): 9:46am On Jun 04, 2018
Pit latrine in this day and age. The struggle is real

1 Like

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by osaigbovo16(m): 9:47am On Jun 04, 2018
Iku igbe grin

1 Like

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by Pedekunle(m): 9:47am On Jun 04, 2018
That's sad. Occupational hazard

2 Likes

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by muhammed50(m): 9:47am On Jun 04, 2018
A good way to die Hard!
Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by Mutemenot(m): 9:48am On Jun 04, 2018
very painful lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by Mruwa1(m): 9:48am On Jun 04, 2018
R.I.P broda ....get rich or die trying
Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by okomile(f): 9:49am On Jun 04, 2018
They might not be too experienced. But had to do the job to earn income as they are men with responsibilities.

RIP

1 Like

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by Benekruku(m): 9:50am On Jun 04, 2018
Pit latrine almost covering up more than half of the total land mass of Anambra state

Even youths brag about how many pit latrines they individually have in there compound.

1 Like

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by chicoMX(m): 9:51am On Jun 04, 2018
Topic looks like "Tiwa Savage staff dies inside soak away pit in Aba"

RIP to the dead

22 Likes

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by Benefizz: 9:53am On Jun 04, 2018
What a sad way to go
Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by jaxxy(m): 9:54am On Jun 04, 2018
Do People actually enter into the pits? For wat exactly? Dats unheard of 2me.

1 Like

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by janeobasi24: 9:55am On Jun 04, 2018
RIP Orji..... I will miss you
Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by dom(m): 9:56am On Jun 04, 2018
Aba and soakaway pit sha
Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by bobnatlo(m): 9:56am On Jun 04, 2018
I thought I saw ' Tiwa Savage two staff' agh!
Rip to the dead n courage to their families

1 Like

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by ArinzeRaph: 10:01am On Jun 04, 2018
osaigbovo16:
Iku igbe grin
you wicked gaan
Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by famousroland(m): 10:02am On Jun 04, 2018
Wow no one is blaming buhari for their death today...Rip to them, what a sad way to die, i wish someone recorded the event, it would have been included in a "1000 ways to die".

1 Like

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by Mekanus(m): 10:03am On Jun 04, 2018
grandstar:
Pit latrine in this day and age. The struggle is real
Olodo, read and comprehend.
Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by GoodMuyis(m): 10:04am On Jun 04, 2018
Hee
Ok Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba

My eyes saw Tiwa Savage at first,
Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by Pavore9: 10:09am On Jun 04, 2018
Thought I read Tiwa Savage, e be like say na hunger!

May their souls rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by braine(m): 10:10am On Jun 04, 2018
They were probably stung by something. A scorpion maybe.

You cant imagine all sorts of things youll find in a pit.
Re: Two Sewage Staff Die Inside Soak Away Pit In Aba by macarson2k(m): 10:13am On Jun 04, 2018
evy800:
Dat is undoubtedly the worst way 2 check out...if this story is 4 real then am sorry they had 2 go lyk that tongue

The story is real. One of the guy is my relative.

(1) (2) (Reply)

29 people killed In fresh attacks in Zamfara State / ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court / Please Help: My Brother Is Missing - Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.