Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Everyone Is Called Into Ministry - Acts 9:1-6 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Everyone Is Called Into Ministry - Acts 9:1-6 (260 Views)

Share your experience on God's calling you into ministry / If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... / Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Everyone Is Called Into Ministry - Acts 9:1-6 by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 04, 2018
Ministry is what the Lord wants you to do; it is what He wants you to spend your life doing. Everybody must be diligent to find out their ministry; once you do that, you are in ministry.

Everyone involved in ministry must first and foremost see what he is doing as a direct assignment from the Lord. The reason many people don't serve God effectively and excellently is that they do not see what they are doing as a direct assignment from the Lord.

Acts 9:6, “And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do”, take note that the end of that verse reads, “What thou must do” and not “What thou may do”. MINISTRY IS A MUST-DO. MINISTRY IS A MUST-DO-WORK FROM GOD. You cannot play with Ministry.

The problem we have in the body of Christ today is as a result of separating between ministers and members. In the Bible, there was no separation between ministers and members. Every member in the Bible was a minister. The separation came when the church went into the dark ages and the period of the ignorance of the truth of God's word came and men began to separate between clergy and laity. Two Important truths you must know are:

1. Every one of us is primarily called to be a saint (Rom. 1:7, I Cor. 1:2)

2. As a saint, every one of us has a ministry. That ministry is what the Lord will have every one of us do.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive grace to do all you have ordained and created me for in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 2 Samuel 22:1-23:23, Acts 2:1-47, Psalm 122:1-9, Proverbs 16:19-20

Rev. Olusola Areogun

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/06/18 / Why Do You Love Death This Much Without Knowing It. / Get Affordable Video For Your Church Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.