Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 (4558 Views)

6 Best Skills To Earn You Money As A Student In Nigeria Institution / 7 Best Art Courses With High Employment Rate In Nigeria / Can Nigeria Institution Ever Be Rate As World Class. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by YhungPablo(m): 9:53am On Jun 04, 2018
The courses listed below is still relevant in Nigeria however the demand for graduates in this field is very very low…

So as a graduate, it might be difficult getting a job..

Generally the rate of unemployment has skyrocketed in Nigeria and graduate from all various courses are prone to unemployment.

To be employed in this present age of Nigeria you need to offer much more than your paper certificate.

You need to build yourself for the coming challenges.

petroleum engineering
plant biology,
botany,
crop protection,
horticulture,
forestry
nautical science
Anthropology
sociology.
Geography
Meteorology.
Law.
Banking and finance
Computer science

You can use the comments box to argue..if you think a course is not supposed to be here…

https://studentsbase./2018/06/04/see-15-courses-in-nigeria-institution-with-high-unemployment-rate-2018/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by victor2008(m): 10:55am On Jun 04, 2018
computer science graduate if will grounded will secure a job easily,depending on the area of specialization, software development, engineering, cyber security, etc are of high demand

7 Likes

Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by sammy4luvd(m): 11:31am On Jun 04, 2018
in my opinion computer science should be removed from this category.. i studied computer science i know it's very lucrative; that is if you know your computer!

1 Like

Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by Jabarzee(m): 11:35am On Jun 04, 2018
lawyers are too much
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by KingCassy(m): 11:41am On Jun 04, 2018
Who conducted the research op?

You've got ITunes or Amazon gift card to sell? Or you need data at a ridiculous cheap rate?? Check my signature
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by hustler86(m): 11:48am On Jun 04, 2018
Mechanical engineering
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by BlackHummer(m): 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2018
my friend, remove computer science from there and add Archeology

1 Like

Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by Jabarzee(m): 1:47pm On Jun 04, 2018
biochemistry and Microbiology, should be on this list

6 Likes

Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by smsinnigeria(m): 2:57pm On Jun 04, 2018
Banking and finance should not been in that list.Meanwhile the author of this is bias lack facts to support his arguement.
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 04, 2018
space booked.
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Some people will just sit down in one corner of their toilet and be formulating useless lists...

0% professionalism.

A person with a shallow perspective and poor understanding actually compiled this list. If you like study money engineering if you don't develop yourself. You'll be poorer than a church rat.

☣ ☠

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by Bradiyung(m): 3:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
seems fair undecided
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by freshlaw: 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
Computer science ke? In this digital age?

Banking and Finance? All you should say is that people should fine-tune their skills with Fintech.

Personally, I believe petroleum engineering should not be there either.

Hmmm. Geography and Meteorology? With this hype about climate change.

In a time that government is diversifying into agriculture, and Nigerian youths are going into it,most agric related courses remain relevant- Forestry, Crop protection, Plant Biology are all important.

Did you conduct ANY research before you came up with this list?

I must say, THIS LIST IS FLAWED.

2 Likes

Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by rashfeezco(m): 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
i beg how about remote sensing and gio-science
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by MollySipe(f): 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2018
I think it relevant not only in Nigeria but in the all world. I thank you for this sharing, I know how does it looks college admission essay format and also would like to share with you.
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by united442(m): 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
computer science??lol... if u study computer science and you are unemployed,you dnt knw self.. you can be self employed if you have good computer skill.

2 Likes

Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by tetralogyfallot(m): 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2018
What's the difference between plant biology and botany?
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by Demonicide(f): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
Jabarzee:
Chemistry nko? To see work for my field no be moimoi oh. Petroleum engineering is to be a very hot cake before.. But now nko?
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by bmegng: 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2018
IS THE WEEKEND FAST APPROACHING AND YOU STILL DONT KNOW THE PERFECT EVENT TO ROCK YOUR WEEKEND. NOT TO WORRY BMEG ADMIN HAS SPICED UP THE NET IN WHICH YOU CAN GET LATEST UPDATES OF EVENTS HAPPENING AROUND AND OUTSIDE YOUR LOCATION. ALL YOU HAVE TO TO IS LOGIN TO http://BMEG.COM.NG AND VIEW THE EVENTS AROUND YOU.

OR

ARE YOU HAVING AN EVENT AND DONT KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT THE PROMOTION OF THE EVENT YOU CAN ALSO ADVERTISE YOUR EVENT ON OUR PLATFORM WITH WILD NUMBER OF VIEWS LOOKING FOR UPCOMING EVENTS. SO KEEP EVERYONE UPDATED VIA OUR PLATFORM TODAY
http://BMEG.COM.NG
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by SwTeee(f): 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2018
[quote author=OrestesDante post=68173608]angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Some people will just sit down in one corner of their toilet and be formulating useless lists...

0% professionalism.

A person with a shallow perspective and poor understanding actually compiled this list. If you like study money engineering if you don't develop yourself. You'll be poorer than a church rat.

☣ ☠

[/quote
reading from my toilet
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by OboOlora(f): 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2018
Op please include political science. The politicians in this country learnt politics on the ‘job’ after being selected (by godfathers) NOT elected (by the citizens)

2 Likes

Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by Deckline(m): 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2018
Jabarzee:
lawyers are too much
It is true that lawyers are too many but Law should not be on that list if you really know what you are doing. Law is very lucrative. You can be your own boss,you run your business and do so many other things and still be a Lawyer. Not every law student is destined to practice. Just open your eyes to other possibilities. WHERE THERE IS NO LAW,THERE IS NO SIN.
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by Anthony18: 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2018
rashfeezco:
urban and regional planning guy dey home since 2009 undecided
rashfeezco:
urban and regional planning guy dey home since 2009
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 04, 2018
Jabarzee:
Including physiology, anatomy and pharmacology
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2018
OboOlora:
Op please include political science. The politicians in this country learnt politics on the ‘job’ after being selected (by godfathers) NOT elected (by the citizens)
Correct even psychology should follow
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by Jabarzee(m): 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2018
Demonicide:
Chemistry nko? To see work for my field no be moimoi oh. Petroleum engineering is to be a very hot cake before.. But now nko?

Lol people studying Petroleum or chemical engineering, should know to get a job in any oil company, they need to have a strong connection.
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by rashfeezco(m): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
Anthony18:
urban and regional planning guy dey home since 2009 undecidedurban and regional planning guy dey home since 2009
do u see any sense in crossing to geology thanks man
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by Demonicide(f): 10:44pm On Jun 04, 2018
Jabarzee:

Lol people studying Petroleum or chemical engineering, should know to get a job in any oil company, they need to have a strong connection.
Chemical Engineering is even better, they have better opportunities in petrochemical Industries, food and beverage and the rest.
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
OrestesDante:
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

0% professionalism.

☣ ☠

Na everytime u dey ves, you non dey smile? kiss
Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 04, 2018
Many of these courses are loosing relevance because of fewer firms in Nigeria. When there are less labour and more industries, you wouldn't see this menace. When this occur, professionalism will take it's place

2 Likes

Re: See 15 Courses In Nigeria Institution With High Unemployment Rate – 2018 by elyte89: 5:28am On Jun 05, 2018
Almost all courses re irrelevant now grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fedpoffa Releases 2nd Batch / Lautech Post Utme 2013/2014 / Fresher Resuming School With 'Ghana-Must-Go' Bag Backfires At A User Shaming Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.