Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,098 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips (19152 Views)

Here's how you can earn $500 from home this New Year {A Must Read!} / 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips / Business Success Tips #1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by youngwarrior(m): 5:06pm On Jun 04, 2018
[img]https://4.bp..com/-aLUYJGc30xA/WoavgDek4eI/AAAAAAAAALk/3ynpINFw9mo762vcGNBIuXDYjNSSrmSLwCPcBGAYYCw/s1600/joing%2Bfiverr.jpg[/img]

I joined Fiverr in September 2016 and I have since earned more than 6 million naira from the platform.

I always thought making money online was a joke and that people were wasting their time on the platform. My mindset was further hardened when I learnt that every delivery equals $5 on the marketplace. A paltry $5!

All this while, my friend would quietly sneak in every now and then to reply messages on Fiverr. It was often irritating to me considering the fact that he did this every time we were together. But then, there are some things you can overlook for the sake of friendship. So I did.

However, I had an epiphany when it was time for my fiancée to go to school and there was insufficient money. I asked my friend to teach her so she could start earning, at least to take care of her needs in school without calling home frequently.

He honored my request and taught her. Our first shock came after the first month when she earned $450. When you convert that to Naira at that time, it was much more than I expected. It was a big deal. That was what finally planted an obsession within me to earn on Fiverr.

Fast forward to 2017, I was already earning an average income of $1,000 monthly on Fiverr. The lowest I earn in a bad month is around $600 which is still a good sum of money in Nigeria. I have since quit my job and concentrated on Fiverr. I now earn far bigger than what many working class people earn.

Here are my 5 success tips you can learn from. I will try to make everything brief for the sake of space.

1. More Money is made in upsell

Let me explain what upsell is. When you buy a product on an online store, you will observe that they’d show you related products other people bought after buying the first. They know you’re still interested in buying and want to make as much money from you as possible.

Every service you offer on Fiverr has other related services. When you offer the related services, the clients would likely buy it all from you rather than go look for another person to buy from. If they don’t, you can always convince them.

The idea is that rather than make $5 from a buyer, you can make up to $20 0r more through upsell.

2. Don’t rely on Fiverr traffic

Fiverr is one of the largest marketplaces in the world. Consequently, they attract huge traffic from buyers from across the globe.
However, the problem is that the millions of traffic that Fiverr generates is not meant for you alone. It is shared among other sellers who go into thousands (or hundreds of thousands.) So while Fiverr has huge traffic, it doesn’t necessarily translate to the same for you.

The best thing is for you to optimize your gig for Fiverr changes but also get traffic from outside Fiverr. You can do this by using social media platforms, popular forums or even use paid ads to get more targeted traffic.

50% of my Fiverr revenue comes from buyers who saw my gig outside Fiverr. One advantage of this is that even if Fiverr changes their traffic algorithm, you can be assured that it doesn’t affect you too much. You Can check the exact strategy i use in pulling traffic from fiverr here

3. Bidding early matters a lot

On Fiverr, I’m not just a seller; I also buy services I need from time to time. This affords me the opportunity to see both sides of the coin.
When I create buyers’ requests, I often receive several biddings up to 40, or even 50 at times. That’s too much for the average buyer who just wants to quickly get his/her need met. Personally, I scroll and view just the first 10 requests and make my choice.

Using my experience as a guide, it means you have to bid early to increase your chances of getting jobs. Always strive to appear in the first ten on the bidding page. In addition, always write customized bid that addresses the need of the buyer so it would stand out.

4. Your gig package is meant to hoodwink the seller to pay more

Fiverr introduced gig packages about two years ago and that was one of the best updates for many sellers (I inclusive.)

The gig packages allow you charge clients more for the services you offer. The trick is to get the buyer to pay you for more quality while hoping to get a lesser amount. Most clients always judge that the higher a gig cost, the more quality the seller is offering. With this, some buyers would happily part with $20 for a 1,000 article

Check Source To See More Personal Strategies I Use To Stand Out On Fiverr

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by jolomiurenyi(m): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
ok
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by Hollman(m): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by continentalceo(m): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
Another internet entrepreneur

3 Likes

Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
nice 1
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by zuraking(m): 5:39pm On Jun 04, 2018
Screenshot of your account balance?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by usquare250(m): 5:39pm On Jun 04, 2018
Nice
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by efilefun(m): 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2018
grin
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by youngwarrior(m): 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2018
jolomiurenyi:
ok

space booker welcome grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2018
Wow
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by TheUbermensch: 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2018
Anybody can give tips.

Show us account statement Bros.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by dbynonetwork: 5:41pm On Jun 04, 2018
Inspirational write up....
But hope you are not stylishly trying to market your product...

So many of them on nairaland.... They know nothing....They only post fake stories in other to deceive people....

18 Likes

Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by Ezyp(m): 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2018
They haff come again
....They made over 7 figures on fiverr but still be selling hand books for N2,990. Op seriously there is a disconnect.

30 Likes

Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by Albert0011(m): 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2018
Op pls enlighten me more on this fiverr stuff..am really interested.
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by youngwarrior(m): 5:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
youngwarrior:
See live Video of my fiverr account with some of my earnings in it

you can click here to be among the very few students that i will expose my personal fiverr secrets to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPQnV5J-xlI&feature=youtu.be

zuraking:
Screenshot of your account balance?
TheUbermensch:
Anybody can give tips.

Show us account statement Bros.

screen shots are easily manipulated. but here you go with a live video of my fiverr account.

7 Likes

Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by sacajawea: 5:50pm On Jun 04, 2018
Kai
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by youngwarrior(m): 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2018
Albert0011:
Op pls enlighten me more on this fiverr stuff..am really interested.

youngwarrior:

you can click here to be among the very few students that i will expose my personal fiverr secrets to

the link above the video will see you through.
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by youngwarrior(m): 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
dbynonetwork:
Inspirational write up....
But hope you are not stylishly trying to market your product...

So many of them on nairaland.... They know nothing....They only post fake stories in other to deceive people....

youngwarrior:

i am not out for cat and bull stories.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by youngwarrior(m): 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2018
feel free to ask your fiverr related questions.
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by Metuh: 5:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
Nigerian yoots don't need all these inspirational stories.

Give them something about sex to talk about.

After wasting their time away discussing trash, they will now start blaming government.
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by Metuh: 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2018
Ezyp:
They haff come again
....They made over 7 figures on fiverr but still be selling hand books for N2,990. Op seriously there is a disconnect.
This is one of the reasons you will still be a poor man @ 90.

Have you watched the video at all
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by Finstar: 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2018
This post has made FP a certain time ago. Op, how much are you paying the mods?

7 Likes

Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by qanda: 6:03pm On Jun 04, 2018
Nice
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by youngwarrior(m): 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
Metuh:

This is one of the reasons you will still be a poor man @ 90.

Have you watched the video at all

is it like you have eternity of time? please do not waste your time to respond to such comments. allow them to continue to think in their own way.
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
They have come to sell e-book again, this op no dey tire, from dpredictor to youngmajor to youngwarrior, keep changing moniker and looking for who to deceive.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by Flamezzz: 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
youngwarrior:
[img]https://4.bp..com/-aLUYJGc30xA/WoavgDek4eI/AAAAAAAAALk/3ynpINFw9mo762vcGNBIuXDYjNSSrmSLwCPcBGAYYCw/s1600/joing%2Bfiverr.jpg[/img]

I joined Fiverr in September 2016 and I have since earned more than 6 million naira from the platform.

I always thought making money online was a joke and that people were wasting their time on the platform. My mindset was further hardened when I learnt that every delivery equals $5 on the marketplace. A paltry $5!

All this while, my friend would quietly sneak in every now and then to reply messages on Fiverr. It was often irritating to me considering the fact that he did this every time we were together. But then, there are some things you can overlook for the sake of friendship. So I did.

However, I had an epiphany when it was time for my fiancée to go to school and there was insufficient money. I asked my friend to teach her so she could start earning, at least to take care of her needs in school without calling home frequently.

He honored my request and taught her. Our first shock came after the first month when she earned $450. When you convert that to Naira at that time, it was much more than I expected. It was a big deal. That was what finally planted an obsession within me to earn on Fiverr.

Fast forward to 2017, I was already earning an average income of $1,000 monthly on Fiverr. The lowest I earn in a bad month is around $600 which is still a good sum of money in Nigeria. I have since quit my job and concentrated on Fiverr. I now earn far bigger than what many working class people earn.

Here are my 5 success tips you can learn from. I will try to make everything brief for the sake of space.

1. More Money is made in upsell

Let me explain what upsell is. When you buy a product on an online store, you will observe that they’d show you related products other people bought after buying the first. They know you’re still interested in buying and want to make as much money from you as possible.

Every service you offer on Fiverr has other related services. When you offer the related services, the clients would likely buy it all from you rather than go look for another person to buy from. If they don’t, you can always convince them.

The idea is that rather than make $5 from a buyer, you can make up to $20 0r more through upsell.

2. Don’t rely on Fiverr traffic

Fiverr is one of the largest marketplaces in the world. Consequently, they attract huge traffic from buyers from across the globe.
However, the problem is that the millions of traffic that Fiverr generates is not meant for you alone. It is shared among other sellers who go into thousands (or hundreds of thousands.) So while Fiverr has huge traffic, it doesn’t necessarily translate to the same for you.

The best thing is for you to optimize your gig for Fiverr changes but also get traffic from outside Fiverr. You can do this by using social media platforms, popular forums or even use paid ads to get more targeted traffic.

50% of my Fiverr revenue comes from buyers who saw my gig outside Fiverr. One advantage of this is that even if Fiverr changes their traffic algorithm, you can be assured that it doesn’t affect you too much. You Can check the exact strategy i use in pulling traffic from fiverr here

3. Bidding early matters a lot

On Fiverr, I’m not just a seller; I also buy services I need from time to time. This affords me the opportunity to see both sides of the coin.
When I create buyers’ requests, I often receive several biddings up to 40, or even 50 at times. That’s too much for the average buyer who just wants to quickly get his/her need met. Personally, I scroll and view just the first 10 requests and make my choice.

Using my experience as a guide, it means you have to bid early to increase your chances of getting jobs. Always strive to appear in the first ten on the bidding page. In addition, always write customized bid that addresses the need of the buyer so it would stand out.

4. Your gig package is meant to hoodwink the seller to pay more

Fiverr introduced gig packages about two years ago and that was one of the best updates for many sellers (I inclusive.)

The gig packages allow you charge clients more for the services you offer. The trick is to get the buyer to pay you for more quality while hoping to get a lesser amount. Most clients always judge that the higher a gig cost, the more quality the seller is offering. With this, some buyers would happily part with $20 for a 1,000 article

Check Source To See More Personal Strategies I Use To Stand Out On Fiverr
So just like your friend taught your from scratch will you be ready to teach someone on this forum?

3 Likes

Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
If your account is not at least a Level 1 account, you can forget fiverr.
Re: 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips by youngwarrior(m): 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2018
qanda:
Nice

thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Detailed Requirements Of Starting Filling Station Business In Nigeria / Three ATM PIN Codes To Avoid / Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.