Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware (9983 Views)

I Will Design Your Worpress Blog At The Cheapest Price / My Blog Has Disappeared From Google / Finally The Long Awaited Tech Blog Has Been Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by lawrenzi(m): 5:15pm On Jun 04, 2018
My wordpress blog has been infected with Malware, it now redirects to other sites entirely. I ran a check on it and found out my site has been hacked. I need help on removing the malware.
The blog URL is lawrenzi.com.
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by Tribenigeria: 6:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
I just came to see how the Malware will be removed

4 Likes

Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by malware: 7:20pm On Jun 04, 2018
Tribenigeria:
I just came to see how the Malware will be removed

I can't be removed
undecided

21 Likes

Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by Tribenigeria: 7:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
malware:

I can't be removed
undecided
Lol... Somebody call brother seun and lalasticlala, tell them malware has entered nairaland oooh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by adex3g(m): 7:41pm On Jun 04, 2018
Delete untrust plugin, and it with work, if that not working remove all widget contain javascript

3 Likes

Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by malware: 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
Tribenigeria:

Lol... Somebody call brother seun and lalasticlala, tell them malware has entered nairaland oooh

I'm everywhere

2 Likes

Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by Sanchez01: 5:18am On Jun 05, 2018
If I were you, I would install WordFence and iThemes Security. Configure them to fully protect your site and scan your site to check for any issues. Then I would install this plugin Anti-Malware Security and Brute-Force Firewall and run a scan with it.

4 Likes

Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by MisterGrace: 7:09am On Jun 05, 2018
1. Remove everything code in your WordPress header.
2. Check your database via PhPMyAdmin by looking for the option line and make sure your site isn't redirected anywhere.
3. Go to your public_html, locate and delete your.htaccess file completely or rename it if you want.
4. Go into your File manager and rename your plugin folder to something like plugin.bak
5. Go to your WordPress dashboard - settings - general and remove any URL for home and site that isn't yours and replace with the appropriate ones.

A quick check on your website shows that it was redirected 5 times.

You can email us via enquiries@ let us solve this together.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by MissTechy(f): 7:09am On Jun 05, 2018
Hi there, do you have the jetpack plugin installed?
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by powerblaze(m): 7:09am On Jun 05, 2018
Is the site showing ads by itself on Mobile?
Part of why you should try to buy the original theme
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by pawesome(m): 7:10am On Jun 05, 2018
Sorry
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by Nairalandmentor(m): 7:11am On Jun 05, 2018
I can clean up your site for you free if you are not a technical person.

Do you have access to your cpanel?

If you have access to your cpanel then follow this instruction

1. Login to cpanel

2. click on the file manager

3. goto public_html

4. If you have just one domain in that cpanel jump to step 6 otherwise continue to step 5

5. locate and open the particular domain that was hacked

6. Select all the files in that folder and compress or zip them and transfer the zipped file to a save location, you can download it (this is the backup)

7. Delete everything in the hacked folder except the wp-content, .htaccess, and wp-config.php

8. Goto wordpress.org and download a fresh copy of wordpress. Unzip it and delete the wp-content. Then select all the files there and zip them

9. Upload the new wordpress file that you just zipped up to the hacked domain folder. After uploading it then extract it.

10. Open wp-content and rename the plugin folder to plugins_old. This will deactivate all plugins.

11. If you can login to your wordpress dashboard then login and deactivate the current theme.

12. Go back to your file manager and rename plugins_old to plugins

13. Then delete all the plugins and reinstall one after the other. Also reinstall a fresh copy of your theme

This should solve your problem. If you don't understand this, then check my signature on how to reach me.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by dermmy(m): 7:11am On Jun 05, 2018
Login to your cpanel and delete some plugins don't delete them completely make sure they remain in the trash bin by deleting those plugins you should figure out if the infection was caused by plugins. If you can login to your admin dashboard do it and install wordfence plugin and there are some plugins that help scan for malware on WordPress website
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by MrWondah(m): 7:11am On Jun 05, 2018
Your site works fine over here, its just very slow. You need to do a double check on the kind of plugins you use
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by drealmydas: 7:13am On Jun 05, 2018
malware:

I'm everywhere
every malware, dieeeee by fire!!!!!!!
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by kingthreat(m): 7:16am On Jun 05, 2018
Hire an expert to clean it for you. You may be using themes/plugins allowing malwares to flow
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by Ochiske(m): 7:16am On Jun 05, 2018
ochiske@gmail.com
Or check my profile for my whatsapp.
I'll help you remove it
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by malware: 7:18am On Jun 05, 2018
drealmydas:

every malware, dieeeee by fire!!!!!!!

I Will not die by fire, I'm a computer program made up of lines of instruction.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 05, 2018
Na God catch u, una una wey sabi pass false news
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by Lexusgs430: 7:20am On Jun 05, 2018
malware:

I Will not die by fire, I'm a computer program made up of lines of instruction.
Malware strikes again.....
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by ibietela2(m): 7:32am On Jun 05, 2018
Have you fixed it?
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by akeentech(m): 7:34am On Jun 05, 2018
Go to your cpanel and enable SSL that's all.
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by SyberKate(f): 7:39am On Jun 05, 2018
Please someone should help out

Who can create a site like nairaland for me, and how much will it cost?
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by Just2endowed2(m): 7:43am On Jun 05, 2018
Nairalandmentor:
I can remove it for you if you are not a technical person.

Do you have access to your cpanel?

If you have access to your cpanel then follow this instruction

1. Login to cpanel

2. click on the file manager

3. goto public_html

4. If you have just one domain in that cpanel jump to step 6 otherwise continue to step 5

5. locate and open the particular domain that was hacked

6. Select all the files in that folder and compress or zip them and transfer the zipped file to a save location, you can download it (this is the backup)

7. Delete everything in the hacked folder except the wp-content, .htaccess, and wp-config.php

8. Goto wordpress.org and download a fresh wordpress file. Unzip it and delete the wp-content. The select all the files there and zip them

9. Upload the new wordpress file that you just zipped up to the hacked domain folder. After uploading it then extract it.

10. Open wp-content and rename the plugin folder to plugin_old
11. If you can login to your wordpress dashboard then login and deactivate the current them.

12. reinstall all plugins and reinstall a fresh copy of your theme

This should solve your problem. If you don't understand this, then check my signature on how to reach me.

U very good. Can I learn more on WP under you.
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by MisterGrace: 7:48am On Jun 05, 2018
SyberKate:

Email us let's talk. We are here to make you happy.
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by Offpoint: 7:52am On Jun 05, 2018
SyberKate:
I can if you're interested. let's discuss in private
Re: HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware by Nairalandmentor(m): 7:59am On Jun 05, 2018
Just2endowed2:

U very good. Can I learn more on WP under you.

You can. Check my signature. Let's connect

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Your Xmas Greetings & New Year Wishes Here Please! / How To Submit Your Site/blog To Facebook Free-basics / I Can't Access My Instagram Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.