Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers (48023 Views)

World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot / 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. / World Cup; Super Eagles Players Will Be Arriving Russia Dressed Like This.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by Krizbaby: 9:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
grin
dabossman:

So it is the national team that is causing unrest in your life ba? You better tell us the truth so we can know what prayer point to raise for you. grin

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by safarigirl(f): 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
hollandis:
Good to know Ezenwa is 1
just a number....doesn't mean he will be the actual 1 in match proper
Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by yusscity(m): 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2018
BininKingdom:
GOODLUCK
for ur mind now u sabi electromag....oya proof Gaussian law
Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by safarigirl(f): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2018
Gucciboss:

5 midfielders? A recipe for confusion and collision grin
Didn't you watch the last match? They were heading their heads cheesy.

3 midfielders, two wingbacks.

That was the recipe that worked against Argentina and it was the recipe that gave them co-ordination in the second half against England.
Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by donbenie(m): 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2018
Kenturkey048:
first team players are numbered to their positions..like Mikel picking the number 10 jersey because he's an attacking midfielder ..ndidi number 4 defensive midsfielder..same to Leon and ekong..they are all first team players.
Not really,there are many more dynamics at work like age and experience and prior ownership of said number..Onazi,Mikel, Musa and Omeruo,Echiejile already have established numbers,first teamer or not..Uzoho is first team but number 23..
Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by almakiyyun(m): 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2018
OK now
Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by TheShopKeeper(m): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
...i still don't understand why John Obi Mikel is in the squad...anyways, this will be his last world cup appearance...
Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by chysam: 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2018
inoki247:
am just happy dat afta each match az ended we will exchange Jersey.... dey should just bring home d jersey dey exchange with each Captain mak we Laminate am nd put for awa Achievement Gallery.... or make Buhari add am for him 4years achievement

You just reminded me of one particular era a sitting president added EBOLA to his records of achievements. Please remind me the name of that very president as I have f.orgotten
Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by aystunt: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2018
Are you sure you watch our games.
Koolking:
10 - John Mike Obi

11 - Victor Moses

The two lads above don't fit into that squad. Perhaps Moses might fit in if he changes position - let say attacking midfield.

He has not shown enough creative power in that position both in Chelsea and Super Eagles team in the season. He was the major weak link among chelsea forwards.

Mikel is lost already. He was not even fit to be called in. A new blood would have fared better. No sentiment.
I don't know why coaches keep managing him to the detriment of the squad. If you doubt me check his individual achievements and compared to contemporaries he started with
Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by OttHin: 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
handsomeclouds:
Igbo Amaka

I can't see them complaining of marginalization

Modified:
And because the coach is a foreigner doesn't mean he can't be influenced

It's not like foreigners aren't guilty of corruption either

His appointment as a coach didnt come from heaven. There must be an element of political influence and he's answerable to those people!

What is this one trying to say
Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by Gucciboss: 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2018
safarigirl:
3 midfielders, two wingbacks.

That was the recipe that worked against Argentina and it was the recipe that gave them co-ordination in the second half against England.
Accepted. One of my favorite formations.
Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by Kingbusssy(m): 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2018
inoki247:
am just happy dat afta each match az ended we will exchange Jersey.... dey should just bring home d jersey dey exchange with each Captain mak we Laminate am nd put for awa Achievement Gallery.... or make Buhari add am for him 4years achievement

Smiles...
You be badt guy o
Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by Kenturkey048(m): 11:36pm On Jun 04, 2018
donbenie:
Not really,there are many more dynamics at work like age and experience and prior ownership of said number..Onazi,Mikel, Musa and Omeruo,Echiejile already have established numbers,first teamer or not..Uzoho is first team but number 23..
i go with u,but uzohor is not a first teamer.echiejile was a seconder to taiye taiwo who plays left back then,and was the preferred on that position .Mikel came at the exit of jay-jay okocha,same with musa who inherited the number 7 jersey of john utaka..numbers are shared to positions of the national first eleven,unless on the case of substitute preference.
Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by moshino(m): 2:27am On Jun 05, 2018
Koolking:
10 - John Mike Obi

11 - Victor Moses

The two lads above don't fit into that squad. Perhaps Moses might fit in if he changes position - let say attacking midfield.

He has not shown enough creative power in that position both in Chelsea and Super Eagles team in the season. He was the major weak link among chelsea forwards.

Mikel is lost already. He was not even fit to be called in. A new blood would have fared better. No sentiment.
I don't know why coaches keep managing him to the detriment of the squad. If you doubt me check his individual achievements and compared to contemporaries he started with

There's a reason why you are not the coach/manager or anywhere near the team.
Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by Koolking(m): 9:32am On Jun 05, 2018
moshino:

There's a reason why you are not the coach/manager or anywhere near the team.

Nigerians coaches are still being influenced by the power that be. We can never go far with this attitude of holding on what is bad just to please a few people.

If these fantastic players (below) are left out of their respective country world cup squads, I see no reason why we should not drops players that are average and overrated. World cup is for players with big heart. No room for weakness.

Leroy Sane
Marcos Alonso, Pedro, Fabregas, Morata
Gotze, Schürrle
Payet, Martial, Lacazette and Benzema
Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by akinvic: 9:37am On Jun 05, 2018
na wa ooo

Re: World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers by tonyutd93(m): 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
Gucciboss:

5 midfielders? A recipe for confusion and collision grin
Didn't you watch the last match? They were heading their heads cheesy.

ebuehi and Moses should play as wingbacks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo From Henry Onyekuru And Esty Wedding / Naija Messi: Little Boy Replicates Lionel Messi's Hard Bottle Trickshot(pics) / Chelsea Fans Celebrating Their Victory In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.