Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,243 members, 7,780,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:21 PM

'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari (48204 Views)

LASG To Rebuild Igbosere High Court Burnt During Civil Unrest Of 2020 / SSS Invites Bishop Kukah For Saying Buhari Is Soft On Terrorism, Banditry / Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Cooly100: 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2018
GuyfawkesAB:
Whatever you say or quote, it doesn't justify one side and vilify the other. Both sides committed atrocities, killed themselves and did unimaginable things.

I understand the hurt of losing almost 3 million souls. But it shouldn't make you persistently foolish to make empty boasts or cry for war.

You need proper education...Where do you see people crying for war...?

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2018
Roger3D:
And yet still Ojukwu ran away on exile when his own arms failed him. Next time try and get powerful allies on your side before you embark on some senseless, misadvised war

u went to sch if actually u did but graduated free of knowledge, if actually u graduated.

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by GuyfawkesAB(m): 10:42pm On Jun 04, 2018
Same reason why a lot of folks call you chest beaters. Your knowledge never create fire crackers or knockouts. You are vying for Nuclear bomb.

Ordinary Mopol or FSARS you can't wit stand, howuch more the army?
Mayrock:

4get matter..... I didn't waste my knowledge in school...
what is there to manufacture nuclear weapons...

I hv made my statement....any baga thinking 2018 is 1967 should better hv a rethink.

2 Likes

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by zudozz: 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2018
you n gowon will eat ur shiit b4 u die..u killed maimed raped slaughtered igbos becos of saduana who was even killed by non igbos in that coup.. You still hate igbos you ll always loathe igbos. But we are not bothered.

4 Likes

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2018
GuyfawkesAB:
Same reason why a lot of folks call you chest beaters. Your knowledge never create fire crackers or knockouts. You are vying for Nuclear bomb.

let's just end the talk.....till duty calls.....
thank u

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by citizenY(m): 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2018
omohayek:
As much as I despise Buhari as a leader, all I see in this fake "story" is that some Nigerian bloggers are utterly unscrupulous, and are so hungry for ad revenue that they are ready to twist the words of public figures in any manner they think will drive traffic their way, even if that means stirring up ethnic animosity with potentially deadly consequences. The other thing I take from this non-story is that many Nairalanders have problems comprehending even basic English, otherwise they would realize the stark difference in meaning between what the title insinuates and what Buhari actually uttered. Then again, it's hardly news that the majority of Nairalanders are at best barely literate ...

It's perfectly OK to hate Buhari, but there are more than enough legitimate reasons to do so without resorting to transparent lies making him out to be a blatant Igbo-hater. Maybe he is one in private - only his close friends and relatives would know - but not even Buhari would be stupid enough to say something so ridiculously callous in public, and at a Red Cross event of all places.

In my opinion, they read anything Buhari in default mode. What a pity.

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by HiddenShadow: 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2018
GuyfawkesAB:

Hope you are ready for the firecrackers that will erupt next year.?
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Wellets50(m): 10:44pm On Jun 04, 2018
Calling buhari a president is a crime against humanity because he has not been there for the country since he was elected .

2 Likes

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by HiddenShadow: 10:45pm On Jun 04, 2018
Mayrock:

let's just end the talk.....till duty calls..... thank u
That guy will abscond to Togo when the firecrackers erupt next year.
Afonjas always boasting until the main war erupts to put them in their place.
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by GuyfawkesAB(m): 10:45pm On Jun 04, 2018
Nnamdi kanu made more boasts than these?
Keep it up

HiddenShadow:

Hope you are ready for the firecrackers that will erupt next year.?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by HiddenShadow: 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2018
GuyfawkesAB:
Nnamdi kanu made more boasts than these?
Keep it up

Don't worry when Buhari set the country ablaze next year, you will definitely be forced to show your skills on the battle field.
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Etuagievin(m): 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
buhariguy:
This my guy again.
How will the jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra feels right now?
. How do you want them to feel?

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by GuyfawkesAB(m): 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2018
Noisemakers.

Boastful. Chest Beating.

Ordinary Lagos Agbero, u dey fear. Na FSARS go handle you

When kasala burst, we go know the piling of the person wey sabi

HiddenShadow:

2 Likes

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2018
HiddenShadow:

empty heads.....they will boast of professors( paper work professors) that can't figure anything physical with his hands....

what do they know?
highest dey go run reach north to pay homage to the caliphate.

4 Likes

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by CSTR1003: 10:50pm On Jun 04, 2018

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by HiddenShadow: 10:51pm On Jun 04, 2018
Mayrock:

empty heads.....they will boast of professors( paper work professors) that can't figure anything physical with his hands....

what do they know?
highest dey go run reach north to pay homage to the caliphate.

My happiness is the fact that war will erupt next year and the US will place arms embargo.

Then we shall see how creative each region is in weapons development.

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by citizenY(m): 10:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
ElsonMorali:

You can't blame them though. Most of them are educated illiterates.

Put a picture of Tonto Dike beside the write-up, then there's a chance they might read it.

False, dem go dey find the shape of her bra.

2 Likes

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by HiddenShadow: 10:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
GuyfawkesAB:
Noisemakers.
Boastful. Chest Beating.
Ordinary Lagos Agbero, u dey fear. Na FSARS go handle you
When kasala burst, we go know the piling of the person wey sabi .

Next year no far oooo

We go see how you fit handle bloodbath.

You go show your skills next year or get deleted.
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Cowbuhari: 10:57pm On Jun 04, 2018
Cooly100:

The same way this people are feeling right now

karma is a biatccchhh nwannem

plateau State kaduna state Benue state yaf all learned the hard way... God is serving em all one by one

2 Likes

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by davillian(m): 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2018
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Bastard Cow!

The incident at Asaba proves you a liar! Devil punish you there foolish buhari

The Federal troops entered Asaba around October 5, and began ransacking houses and killing civilians, claiming they were Biafran sympathisers. Reports suggest that several hundred may have been killed individually and in groups at various locations in the town. Leaders summoned the townspeople to assemble on the morning of October 7, hoping to end the violence through a show of support for "One Nigeria." Hundreds of men, women, and children, many wearing the ceremonial akwa ocha (white) attire paraded along the main street, singing, dancing, and chanting "One Nigeria." At a junction, men and teenage boys were separated from women and young children, and gathered in an open square at Ogbe-Osowa village. Federal troops revealed machine guns, and orders were given, reportedly by Second-in-Command, Maj. Ibrahim Taiwo, to open fire. It is estimated that more than 700 men and boys were killed, some as young as 12 years old, in addition to many more killed in the preceding days.

The bodies of some victims were retrieved by family members and buried at home. But most were buried in mass graves, without appropriate ceremony. Many extended families lost dozens of men and boys. Federal troops occupied Asaba for many months, during which time most of the town was destroyed, many women and girls were raped or forcibly "married," and large numbers of citizens fled, often not returning until the war ended in 1970. The total death toll during early October was in excess of 1,000, although the exact numbers will likely never be known.
buhari fear God, asaba massacre is something that people who knows about it won't forget in a hurry

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Cowbuhari: 11:03pm On Jun 04, 2018
Cooly100:

More than the tears you shed on daily basis here?

God knows I cN nvr pity any of dox states that committed crimes against humanity against harmless biafran citizens...
given the chance they gonna do it again... they gonna go to war against my brodas all in d name of one Nigeria.. bless jah gowon is still alive to see his plateau BRODAs suffer the evil results of his one Nigeria.

I dont wanna hear any rubbish abawt islamization,make Fulani herdsmen kill all of una for al I care

2 Likes

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by DateMynd44(m): 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
Cowbuhari:

karma is a biatccchhh nwannem

plateau State kaduna state Benue state yaf all learned the hard way... God is serving em all one by one
don't be so heartless you cow brain
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by nikcma: 11:06pm On Jun 04, 2018
The speaker is a foolish man!!
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Wellets50(m): 11:09pm On Jun 04, 2018
Buhari is a bomb then and a bomb now,when ever he came to power people suffer...so enjoy ur bomb that you Nigerians Import.
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 04, 2018
HiddenShadow:

My happiness is the fact that war will erupt next year and the US will place arms embargo.

Then we shall see how creative each region is in weapons development.

exactly but the issue is dat dey hv not seen war, dey hv not created any any weapon b4, how can they now.
purely brainless set of people.

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Cowbuhari: 11:12pm On Jun 04, 2018
DateMynd44:
don't be so heartless you cow brain

Buhari brain stay of my mentions

it's my heart not yours... onye ala
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by chukuli(m): 11:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
ukukaegbu:
The speaker is stupid
the speaker was awarded silverbird dullest man of d century

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by IgboTyphoon: 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2018
Useless Malam
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by MI360digri: 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2018
I don't know if the president or the blogger is confuse. The topic is related to hatred while the whole article is trying to show remorsefulmess.
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by proudevil: 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2018
Take it or leave it pmb till 2023,no leader will have that courage to tell the bifraud the truth,its time they stop playing the victim card..if you want your Biafra start with your senators then we will take you serious.

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Binsugar10: 11:19pm On Jun 04, 2018
stane007:
Speaking at his investiture as Grand Patron of the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) at the presidential villa in Abuja, President Buhari insinuated that the Nigerian army showed lots of restraints on Biafrans during the civil war. 

According to President Buhari, Yakubu Gowon, who was the then head of state issued strict instructions to the army that Biafrans were not enemies, but “brothers and sisters of the rest of Nigerians”.

“Earlier in my profession, during the civil war, I know how much sacrifice members of the Nigerian Red Cross and their international counterparts did both in the real front of operations and at the rear, on both sides. I think it is a lot of sacrifices because anything can happen to you in the operational areas.

“The risks they faced were real and I admire their courage and commitment to helping people who were in distress and were virtually in millions. Those photographs of people from the Biafra enclave spoke a lot.

“I remember with nostalgia the performance of the commander-in-chief, General Yakubu Gowon. Every commander was given a copy of the commander-in-chief’s instructions that we were not fighting enemies but that we were fighting our brothers. And thus, people were constrained to show a lot of restraint.

“The international observer teams were allowed to go as far as possible within and outside the front and I think this was generous and very considerate of General Gowon. He is a highly committed Nigerian" he said.

The civil war broke out in 1967 — after eastern Nigeria declared “Republic of Biafra” — and ended in 1970 with claims that millions were killed, mostly from starvation as a result of a blockade by the Nigerian government.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-army-was-soft-on-biafrans-during-civil-war-president-buhari/

Lalasticlala
Blasted coward!
U should ve said ur contributions during d war.
Few Biafrans who had notting took u guys all these yrs to conqure after getting more than enough 4rm the Brits' porks, who envy Biafrans fast working brains yet, u re here to speak notting.
The truth is that, u 2 envy biafrans brains and their will 2see success cos, u noticed that u nd ur northen fam is physically and mentally handicaped.
All u do is wait on south-south and south-east's resources where all the northeners had pegged there claims and feed there stomarchs.
Prove the above statements wrong by telling us how u get ur weapons to fight Biafrans, or why u placed northeners as head of management of Biafran resources? Or fact that u planned with dangote to get ibeto's license revoked the cement that is found in Biafran land and u think we re blind.
The only reason why dangote is flourishing is cos, u gave him rights to import everything hence, sucking our blood.
We know all this.
If Biafra comes, dangote will be crushed but i'll be their handing him his only job ' milking my goats

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Senate Committee On Ethics Aborts Amaechi’s Screening - The Nation / Tompolo Still Hiding In Delta Creeks / Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.