Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,276 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ (31841 Views)

“Talk Is Cheap” – Oshoala Backs Super Eagles To Disappoint Yaya Toure, On AFCON / Outrageous! Yaya Touré: Messi DOESN'T Deserve Sixth Golden Ball!!! / Yaya Touré And Tanika Bailey Kissing In Bed (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by Ezyp(m): 3:06am On Jun 05, 2018
Yaya Touré has launched a broadside at Pep Guardiola, accusing him of “having problems with Africans wherever he goes”, claiming the Manchester City manager’s coaching reputation is “a myth” and that he did “everything to spoil” the Ivory Coast midfielder’s last season at the club.

In an interview with France Football magazine, Touré – who left City in May after eight seasons at the club – attacked his former manager who was also his coach at Barcelona.

“He [Guardiola] insists he has no problems with black players, because he is too intelligent to be caught out,” Touré said in an interview with France Football to be published on Tuesday. “But when you realise that he has problems with Africans, wherever he goes, I ask myself questions. He will never admit it. But the day he will line up a team in which we find five Africans, not naturalised, I promise I will send him a cake.”

He also said “Pep likes to dominate and wants to have obedient players who lick his hands,” said Touré. “I do not like this kind of relationship. I respect my coach but I am not his thing. Like all players I have bickered with my coaches. But at a certain point men who do not understand each other reconcile. This is not possible with Pep, who is very rigid. The other players will never admit it publicly but some have already told me that they ended up hating him. Because he manipulates and plays a lot with your head.”

Touré added: “I think I was dealing with someone who just wanted revenge on me. I do not know why but I have the impression that he was jealous of me, that he took me for a rival. There you have it. We always looked at each other weirdly. He was spinning around me without saying anything, watching me, gauging me but not talking to me. Yet he knows that I speak Catalan, Spanish and English. It should be enough to communicate. But apparently no. Every time we passed each other, he seemed embarrassed. As if I made him a little self-conscious. As if, also, he had understood that I knew him perfectly.”

The player also stated that he considered posting his training statistics from the club’s physical trainers on social media in a bid to vent his frustration before deciding against it because he did not want to “hurt the team”.

Touré said: “As someone proud, he wants to succeed with his players, those he has chosen and not those who have been chosen by others. This is his project. And woe to him who does not belong to it. Actually I want to be the one who breaks the Guardiola myth a bit. Barcelona, ​​he did not invent it. He just had the intelligence to adapt what Cruyff had set up. Then, at Bayern and City, he tried to reproduce the same patterns but with this requirement: working with ‘his’ players and with almost unlimited means. It would not work at Crystal Palace or Watford.

“For me Zidane is bigger because he has fewer requirements and shows great respect for all his players. Pep, he wants to be considered a genius. He loves it. But there is a lot of comedy behind all this, it’s a bit of anything. He creates a character. When I see him scratching his head in full match to show that he thinks thoroughly, it makes me laugh. It’s comedy.”

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/04/yaya-toure-pep-guardiola-manchester-city-break-myth

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:07am On Jun 05, 2018
Why not you just leave in Peace Mr Yaya, after all you have left officially and they gave you a befitting goodbye.

That is one reason I will always love THE SPECIAL ONE, he has this undying love for African/Black players!

149 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by Ezyp(m): 3:16am On Jun 05, 2018
post=68188151:
Wht not you just leave in Peace Mr Yaya!
The guy is vexing

29 Likes

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by Nobody: 3:16am On Jun 05, 2018
I can't believe am saying this , but I think he's right this man have hatred for yaya. And I don't think he's as good as he's getting credit for.

202 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by galadima77(m): 4:23am On Jun 05, 2018
what is football without Africans or mixed races?

103 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by chukxie(m): 4:52am On Jun 05, 2018
Yaya has echoed Samuel Eto's sentiment. Eto once gave an interview where he emphatically stated that Pep didn't like him..

245 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by anibirelawal(m): 5:02am On Jun 05, 2018
galadima77:
what is football without Africans or mixed races?

I wonder o! shocked

54 Likes

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by Kingsley1000(m): 5:45am On Jun 05, 2018
Netanyahu1:
I can't believe am saying this , but I think he's right this man have hatred for yaya. And I don't think he's as good as he's getting credit for.
Guardiola is a good coach,infusion of experienced yaya would have won ucl for them. yaya toure is the best mid fielder in africa and can be rated wit likes of pirlo,inesta,modric ETC in europe

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:11am On Jun 05, 2018
angry

1 Like

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by wagazala: 6:11am On Jun 05, 2018
This one na Dining Table Yaya wan shake so.

However, some coaches do have problems with African players and not because they are racist or anything but they just avoid building their team around them because every now and then, they loose them to the African Nations Cup. This usually happens at very important time of the season.
If Pep cannot field 5 African players, its because he doesn't want to loose 5 in January.

Regarding Yaya, he needs to stop moaning, not everyone gets along. Mancini didnt get along with Balotelli at Man City, yet he gave Balotelli a return to the National Team. Yaya could be burning serious bridges here that could affect his career in the future.

16 Likes

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by Sarekik: 6:11am On Jun 05, 2018
I'm not surprised

1 Like

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by Bossontop(m): 6:12am On Jun 05, 2018
undecided
Its not a new thing that racism still exists in those parts

41 Likes

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 05, 2018
I also noticed it..

35 Likes

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by lilfreezy: 6:13am On Jun 05, 2018
Na true na

20 Likes

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by millionboi2: 6:13am On Jun 05, 2018
Racist
Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:14am On Jun 05, 2018
Kingsley1000:
IDIOT yaya toure is the best mid fielder in africa and can be rated wit likes of pirlo,inesta,modric ETC in europe

Did you read before quoting him?

145 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by QTEST007(m): 6:15am On Jun 05, 2018
na so
Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by BE811APP: 6:15am On Jun 05, 2018
angry sad
Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by ruggedtimi(m): 6:16am On Jun 05, 2018
. He creates a character. When I see him scratching his head in full match to show that he thinks thoroughly, it makes me laugh. It’s comedy.” grin grin. Pep still a good coach but like yaya said not sure he might do well with a club like Watford or crystal palace

52 Likes

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by wagazala: 6:16am On Jun 05, 2018
Kingsley1000:
IDIOT yaya toure is the best mid fielder in africa and can be rated wit likes of pirlo,inesta,modric ETC in europe

Be like say na you be the HEDIOT here. He wasn't referring to Yaya Toure.

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by budosky(m): 6:17am On Jun 05, 2018
Truth

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by ednut1(m): 6:17am On Jun 05, 2018
Should have left when pep joined. Bt he stayed cos of greed 300k a week no be beans

19 Likes

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by kushercain: 6:17am On Jun 05, 2018
Pep has problem with strong characters the same problem he had with Ibrahimovic he Likes boys like sterling and sane he can control. I won't be suprised of the baldinho is not a closet gay

58 Likes

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by Easy5265: 6:17am On Jun 05, 2018
Ezyp:
When I see him scratching his head in full match to show that he thinks thoroughly, it makes me laugh. It’s comedy.”

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/04/yaya-toure-pep-guardiola-manchester-city-break-myth

LMAO...so Pep is an olodo.

31 Likes

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by Depot(m): 6:18am On Jun 05, 2018
Go and sit down Yaya, your days have passed. Football goes with age.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by snadguy007(m): 6:18am On Jun 05, 2018
Yes
Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by abuhusna1: 6:19am On Jun 05, 2018
Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by OneTeslim(m): 6:19am On Jun 05, 2018
post=68188151:
Wht not you just leave in Peace Mr Yaya!

I guess you wouldn't if you were Yaya

13 Likes

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by ikorodureporta: 6:20am On Jun 05, 2018
Bitter truth.. Hes got nottyn to looze. Make Kelechi come talk eim own

cheesy cheesy
Touré added: “I think I was dealing with someone who just wanted revenge on me. I do not know why but I have the impression that he was jealous of me, that he took me for a rival. There you have it. We always looked at each other weirdly. He was spinning around me without saying anything, watching me, gauging me but not talking to me. Yet he knows that I speak Catalan, Spanish and English. It should be enough to communicate. But apparently no. Every time we passed each other, he seemed embarrassed. As if I made him a little self-conscious. As if, also, he had understood that I knew him perfectly.”

30 Likes

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by nofij(m): 6:20am On Jun 05, 2018
Where was Keita at Barcelona from again?

That he just used Cruyff's set up at Barca? That he can't be as successful at Watford? Did Zidane win the Champions League with Crystal Palace? Yaya is a jealous and foolish African.

PS: I won't reply any mentions.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by ruggedtimi(m): 6:20am On Jun 05, 2018
Kingsley1000:
read the message and understand before u start calling someone idiot.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ by CSTR1003: 6:21am On Jun 05, 2018
Maybe Africans are not technical enough for pep's kind of football

Or maybe pep is just racist.

But one is certain, pep does not like African players. That is a statement of fact.

47 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mikel Obi, Iheanacho, Victor Moses Join Other Super Eagles For Training. Photos / Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Score At Least 50 Goals In 3 Different Leagues / Croatia Hold Training Session Ahead Of World Cup Clash With Nigeria. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.