Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More (18205 Views)

Woman Seen Smoking Shisha Through Nose Leaves Viewers Astonished / Ensure Shisha Smokers Are Arrested, FG Tells Police / Isaac Adewole To JOHESU: Resume Or Be Declared As Having Absconded From Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by ViaFast: 6:41am On Jun 05, 2018
@APROKOGIRL

No fewer than 20 billion sticks of cigarettes are consumed annually in Nigeria, Minister of Health Prof. Isaac Adewole said yesterday. .
Adewole noted that 4.5 million adults, which is 5.6 per cent of the population, presently use tobacco products. About 82 per cent of the entire population are exposed to second-hand smoke when visiting bars/night clubs. .
He noted that 6.4 million adults (29.3 per cent) are exposed to second hand smoking when visiting restaurants. Adewole spoke yesterday at a news briefing organised to mark the 2018 World No-Tobacco Day celebration in Abuja. .
The minister added that a recent studies among University of Abuja undergraduates revealed that 33.3 per cent of the students are smokers. .
Adewole said the country is losing $800 million annually to stroke, heart disease and diabetes. In 2015, the minister said the country’s projected accumulated loss to tobacco was put at $7.6 billion, paradoxically. .
Adewole, who also spoke on the trending shisha (flavoured tobacco), said the country would not accept tobacco consumption in whatever disguise. He stressed the need to protect the future of the country. .
He regrettably noted that the tobacco industry makes huge profits without taking responsibility for the harm they do to public health. Explaining that “evidence also shows that for every $1 gain from tobacco business, about $3 is expended on healthcare cost.” .
On the ban on shisha, the minister said: “A key outcome of this review was the ban on all characterising flavours, including the addition of menthol into tobacco products. .
This decision is to protect our children from getting enticed by flavoured tobacco products. Let me stress that the ban on tobacco products with characterising flavours is still in place and the ban includes shisha because it has flavour. .
I therefore urge the Consumer Protection Council (CPC) and the law enforcement agencies to intensify arrest of defaulters. He also noted that the latest tax increase on tobacco products was part of the efforts at controlling tobacco consumption in the country.”

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/9948/arrest-defaulters-of-shisha-ban-adewole-tells-police-read-more/

cc; lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by ViaFast: 6:42am On Jun 05, 2018
cool cool Cool

Dear , You May Not Know that Shisha and hookah is More Dangorous to Health than Cocaine ...

Read the "The health effects of smoking shisha and hookah"

HERE : http://www.quitshisha.com/side-effects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:42am On Jun 05, 2018
No fewer than 20 billion sticks of cigarettes are consumed annually in Nigeria, Minister of Health Prof. Isaac Adewole said yesterday

20 BILLION WHAT

This will be the end of SCIENCE STUDENTS!!

Good Development

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by HoodBillionaire: 6:51am On Jun 05, 2018
if 20billion is on cig yearly
wtf
hw abt codeine
rophynol
tramadol

5 Likes

Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by OneCorner: 6:52am On Jun 05, 2018
Nigeria losing $800m
How?
Are they d ones treating dem or d one paying for d flight expenses to those going for treatment abroad?
Does it mean d minister is pocketing $800m every year just because some people get sick and dey pay for treatment demselves?
Cuz me iyam not understanding

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by OboOlora(f): 7:03am On Jun 05, 2018
The way non-smokers will wankk to this thread

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by pol23: 7:04am On Jun 05, 2018
I know Adewale Ayuba..
Who's this Adewole saying rubbish?
Dem barn Shisha...Nigeria and hypocrisy be like 5&6.
Tobacco is a legal product and there's a warning already.Whoever do Tobacco knows fully well the impending danger...It should only be barn in public places where non smoker can be affected.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by emmanuelcrawler(m): 7:04am On Jun 05, 2018
The ban on codeine caused an internal conflict among the Buhari supporters and apc camp..... now dem one ban cigarette

Is anyone thinking what ayam thinking�

1 Like

Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by Nairalandmentor(m): 7:04am On Jun 05, 2018
Do you need a clean website design for your business/organization or know someone who does?. Then check my signature No advanced payment is required
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by Dalyricz(m): 7:05am On Jun 05, 2018
ok
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by kmanjay(m): 7:05am On Jun 05, 2018
Nawa oooooo
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by pawesome(m): 7:05am On Jun 05, 2018
Hian...even developed countries....

Shift all dis hot head on something productive and not on some figures you have no idea about minister...
20billion sticks..cz na you de smoke am abi u de with them wen dem de smoke am

4 Likes

Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by Jabioro: 7:05am On Jun 05, 2018
Last year July a lady took me to night,bought me some drinks and a plate of 'pepesoo' the surrounding was fill with different thick smoke,suddenly my host requested for shisha that is my first time to see how the pipe,the bottle and how it got into throat.,hazard to health..dangerous smoke teams.
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 05, 2018
How did this man know that shisha has flavour?though I love this policy I no go lie ,making a revenue out of tobacco sales to curl the spread of tb and all other problems tobacco causes to the population ,mind you buhari must return to daura come 2019
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by itiswellandwell: 7:06am On Jun 05, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by Donkaz(m): 7:07am On Jun 05, 2018
This people want to take away the only joy some people have in this country.

Wetin concern me sha...

Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by sagerasaq: 7:07am On Jun 05, 2018
Make I book space... Seisei Mi Ganja.. Awon Omo Science Student. Make una show.. No come empty handed ooo. Bring sometyn
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 05, 2018
OneCorner:
Nigeria losing $800m
How?
Are they d ones treating dem or d one paying for d flight expenses to those going for treatment abroad?
Does it mean d minister is pocketing $800m every year just because some people get sick and dey pay for treatment demselves?
Cuz me iyam not understanding
treatment of tuberculosis is free nationwide in all hospitals and federal government na him they pay brother
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by osborn4u: 7:07am On Jun 05, 2018
Tobacco smokers are liable to so many health complications. It is better to desist from smoking and indulge in something that would improve on your health
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by Fuckyoumod: 7:07am On Jun 05, 2018
Smoke.... As long as your body is cool with it..

But if your lungs turn black... Something must kill a man.

Research has shown that over 88% of politicians smoke.

67% do hard drugs...

Why stop the youth and ordinary citizens

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by LifeofAirforce(m): 7:08am On Jun 05, 2018
Ok
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by SalamRushdie: 7:09am On Jun 05, 2018
While Nigerians are waiting for the govt to Ban and prosccribe killer herdsmen the govtvis here banning recreational Shisha smoking by adults , I am motva supporter of smoking but this ban is crass

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 05, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
if 20billion is on cig yearly
wtf
hw abt codeine
rophynol
tramadol
you can find out about some health statistics in Nigeria by just googlling my brother though many other facts are classified
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by teflonjake(m): 7:11am On Jun 05, 2018
GOOD

SIMPLY PLACE A BAN ON CIGARETTE!!!!!
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by seekier(m): 7:11am On Jun 05, 2018
shocked
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by nabegibeg: 7:14am On Jun 05, 2018
ViaFast:
@APROKOGIRL

No fewer than 20 billion sticks of cigarettes are consumed annually in Nigeria, Minister of Health Prof. Isaac Adewole said yesterday. .
Adewole noted that 4.5 million adults, which is 5.6 per cent of the population, presently use tobacco products. About 82 per cent of the entire population are exposed to second-hand smoke when visiting bars/night clubs. .
He noted that 6.4 million adults (29.3 per cent) are exposed to second hand smoking when visiting restaurants. Adewole spoke yesterday at a news briefing organised to mark the 2018 World No-Tobacco Day celebration in Abuja. .
The minister added that a recent studies among University of Abuja undergraduates revealed that 33.3 per cent of the students are smokers. .
Adewole said the country is losing $800 million annually to stroke, heart disease and diabetes. In 2015, the minister said the country’s projected accumulated loss to tobacco was put at $7.6 billion, paradoxically. .
Adewole, who also spoke on the trending shisha (flavoured tobacco), said the country would not accept tobacco consumption in whatever disguise. He stressed the need to protect the future of the country. .
He regrettably noted that the tobacco industry makes huge profits without taking responsibility for the harm they do to public health. Explaining that “evidence also shows that for every $1 gain from tobacco business, about $3 is expended on healthcare cost.” .
On the ban on shisha, the minister said: “A key outcome of this review was the ban on all characterising flavours, including the addition of menthol into tobacco products. .
This decision is to protect our children from getting enticed by flavoured tobacco products. Let me stress that the ban on tobacco products with characterising flavours is still in place and the ban includes shisha because it has flavour. .
I therefore urge the Consumer Protection Council (CPC) and the law enforcement agencies to intensify arrest of defaulters. He also noted that the latest tax increase on tobacco products was part of the efforts at controlling tobacco consumption in the country.”

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/9948/arrest-defaulters-of-shisha-ban-adewole-tells-police-read-more/

cc; lalasticlala

You did not ban the ones smoked at govt lodges and properties
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by Temple1288(m): 7:17am On Jun 05, 2018
teflonjake:
GOOD

SIMPLY PLACE A BAN ON CIGARETTE!!!!!

Why?

Are u obsessed with people smoking cigarettes?
Even in the hot deserts of UAE, and Qatar people smoke plenty of it.. Its not a hard drug or soft drug..
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by philip0906(m): 7:18am On Jun 05, 2018
The rate at which this clueless government is going, I can wager that a ban or hike in tariffs will soon be placed on condoms.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by MLK22555: 7:22am On Jun 05, 2018
In all Hospitals ? grin grin Apostle will hear of this
onyenzuzu:
treatment of tuberculosis is free nationwide in all hospitals and federal government na him they pay brother
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by andresgal: 7:23am On Jun 05, 2018
haba
Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by Goddygee(m): 7:32am On Jun 05, 2018
Good, So long dem no Ban Weed... Natures gift to Mankind

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More by kay5you: 7:32am On Jun 05, 2018
I’m in my room come and arrest me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Slump, Dies In Makurdi Court During Election Petition Tribunal Sitting / Dr Eleanor Nwadinobi Emerges Head Of International Medical Women’s Body / Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.