Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

"Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK (22695 Views)

Major- General:Afenifere Commends PUNCH, Says Buhari Lied About Being A Democrat / Reno Omokri: "Buhari Lied About Rice Production In Nigeria" / Buhari Lied, Herdsmen Carry Ak47s & Other Weapons -Defence HQ Shocks The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by WotzupNG: 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2018
Femi Fani-Kayode (FFK) has reacted to a statement by president Buhari which he made while speaking at his investiture as Grand Patron of the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) at the presidential villa in Abuja.

President Buhari insinuated that the Nigerian army showed lots of restraints on Biafrans during the civil war.

“Earlier in my profession, during the civil war, I know how much sacrifice members of the Nigerian Red Cross and their international counterparts did both in the real front of operations and at the rear, on both sides. I think it is a lot of sacrifices because anything can happen to you in the operational areas.

“The risks they faced were real and I admire their courage and commitment to helping people who were in distress and were virtually in millions. Those photographs of people from the Biafra enclave spoke a lot.

“I remember with nostalgia the performance of the commander-in-chief, General Yakubu Gowon. Every commander was given a copy of the commander-in-chief’s instructions that we were not fighting enemies but that we were fighting our brothers. And thus, people were constrained to show a lot of restraint.

“The international observer teams were allowed to go as far as possible within and outside the front and I think this was generous and very considerate of General Gowon. He is a highly committed Nigerian" he said.

Reacting to the statement, Femi Fani-Kayode (FFK) labeled president Buhari as a liar as he spoke of the Asaba massacre which took thousands of innocent lives of Biafrans.

His social media post:

''One of the most wicked and despicable lies that President Muhammadu Buhari has ever told is that the Nigerian Army was restrained when fighting the Biafrans during the civil war.

This is a lie from the pit of hell and it is insulting and deeply offensive. We must learn from our history and never repeat its mistakes.
Was the Asaba massacre in which thousands of innocent and defenceless young boys and old men were slaughtered an act of restraint?
Or was the killing of 2 million innocent and defenceless Biafran civilians and the premeditated and contrived starving to death of 1 million innocent Biafran children an act of restraint?

For God sake where is our humanity? Must we lie even about our history and must we always deny the truth and attempt to revise it? No wonder they banned the teaching of history in our schools. Too much to hide!

The truth is that if not for the fact that the same group of people have been calling the shots in our country since 1966 every single commander of the Nigerian Army during the civil war, including Muhammadu Buhari, would have been charged with war crimes and crimes against humanity at the International Court of Justice at the Hague by now for the atrocities they commited against the Igbo race and the Biafran people during the civil war.

I don't need to be an Igbo to say or admit that. I just need to be an honest and objective historian and a God-fearing citizen of the world.
We must ask God to forgive us for what we did to the civilian population in Biafra and we must NEVER allow such a thing to happen again. Until that is done Nigeria will neither know peace or meaningful progress.

War is one thing but the targetting of innocent and defenceless civilians, including women and childen, for ethnic cleansing, genocide and mass murder is quite another!''

http://www.purplefeel.com/2018/06/buhari-lied-about-nigeria-armys-fight-against-biafrans-ffk.html

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2018
We've known this for a long time, that Buhari is a liar and a terrorist.

174 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by kingzizzy: 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
It is true. Had Nigeria been a more civilised place, officers like Buhari and Gowon would have faced the courts for war crimes.

136 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Anigreat: 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
shocked

We know that idiotic Buhari is a blatant liar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb7Z_7AiGr8

Watch and see the wickedness of useless Nigerian army! #crying

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Paperwhite(m): 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2018
Even without FFK rebuttal, the Buhari-led APC govt.have established itself as a regime with a chronic pathologic penchant for lying shamelessly.
Both Nigeria & Biafra committed unpardonable atrocities during the ill-fated civil war but most of the evil were committed by the Nigerian Army e.g. Murtala,Ibrahim Taiwo,Adekunle Benjamin( but karma served them well-they all died miserably).

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Okwyjesus(m): 1:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
Let them keep deceiving themselves. Truth remains truth no matter how long you hide it. Nigeria need to admit that they treated Igbos badly during the war. And they are forcing patriotism from them after all the afflictions.

May God help lgbos to forgive

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by delugajackson: 1:09pm On Jun 05, 2018
I think it's high time we say things the way they are. Buhari is a mistake. A perfect example of a square peg in a round hole. In saner climes, this man will be rotting away in jail for crimes against humanity, but because this is Nigeria where the wicked and corrupt souls roam free, anything goes.

The Igbos have suffered enough, and it's high time they start a revolution that will overtake this country from the treacherous claws of the North or they risk further marginalization and rejection.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 05, 2018
Simply out stretching hands of peace can heal deep wound. At a time in the history of Catholic church, the Pope apologised for the jihad done by the church.
Nothing will happen if they don't apologise and they can twist the events to favour them but this simple apology endeared lots of souls to them.

It's time the Nigerian govt will swallow her pride and apologise to this people. Meet the traditional rulers in ignore land and ask for forgiveness. Then integrate the igbos politically. Aba port should have started functioning now if not for wickedness and politics that favours some circle of families.

If the federal govt outstretched her hand, the igbos people won't have option but to surrender and even ask for their own forgiveness too. What does this take.
Rather,the obasanjos,gowons,buharis,kanus, Jonathan etc are very busy chasing shadows. The whites know that if Nigeria is united it will not favour them so they continue to pour kerosene in an already burning house or are they saying that they don't know of this simple method?.
If u think that the west love you,think again. They are the mastermind of the present day rot u see in nigeria.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by WotzupNG: 1:40pm On Jun 05, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
Desperate ffk

I know you are a Nairalander disguising and operating under various monikers

I stopped reading ur posts the day I realized u re a sniffer

No sensible person take u serious anymore

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Ogonimilitant(m): 1:48pm On Jun 05, 2018
Sometmes I wonder if this man is really an Afonja. always saying things the way they are. not treacherous.
always bold and out spoken Just like Fayose.

A DNA are test might prove me right. Nothing in these men show Afonjaism'

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:48pm On Jun 05, 2018
Oppositions don't need to do much

Just keep giving an opportunity for Buhari to hold the microphone then the rest is history

The man is a true definition of dullard undecided

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Nairalandmentor(m): 1:48pm On Jun 05, 2018
So history that i enjoyed most is no longer taught in school, why would a sane country do that? SMH undecided

Do you have an idea you want to create a website, web app or mobile for? Check signature Let's talk

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Emilokoiyawon: 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2018
cheesy
Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by TheAngry1: 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2018
My Igbo peeps will come after me, but I don't give a fvvvvk! Listen guys, it was war, it was not a tea party. In wars, people unfortunately die and strategies which are inimical to all sense of humanity are plotted; that is why it is war. The Igbos also massacred other ethnic minorities in the Biafran region such as the Efiks, Ijaws, Ogojas and Ibibios; it is a well-documented fact. Igbos and their rabble rousers like FFK should stop telling a single story of the War, some of us know the full story. IT WAS WAR GUYS, not a tea party.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by conductor97: 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2018
Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by conductor97: 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2018
Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Ihateyoumod: 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2018
Okwyjesus:
They them keep deceiving themselves. Truth remains truth no matter how long you hide it. Nigeria need to admit that they treated Igbos badly during the war. And they are forcing patriotism from them after all the afflictions.

May God help lgbos to forgive

R u sick in ur head, it was war not peace time.....what did u expect them to do.......smile while biafrans came to kill them

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by omusiliyu(m): 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2018
They've turned Chikwendu's boyfriend to mere reactant.

5 Likes

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Newpride(m): 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2018
This one is on his weee and white stuff again..
Always against anything that has to do APC and Buhari.

I’m sure by their time 2019, u won’t have the strength to wail again because ur only hope of survival which is for pdp to come back to power would have been lost. shocked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Ihateyoumod: 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2018
Pple were killed on both sides....biafrans fought dirty, so did Nigerians fighters.....a bit of killing does occur in war, I mean tht is the essential nature of war.

5 Likes

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2018
Mumu FFK is here again.....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Truckpusher(m): 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2018
This statement credited to Buhari , a serving President of a multicultural country like Nigeria is the height of insensitivity on the part of the Northern Oligarchs.

Buhari and his kind should have it at the back of their mind that this war isn't over yet - A generation will see through the hate and marginalization and declare that enough is enough and either by the barrel of the gun or a peaceful dissolution Nigeria will not stand the test of time.
Time will tell

14 Likes

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Akainzo(m): 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2018
delugajackson:
I think it's high time we say things the way they are. Buhari is a mistake. A perfect example of a square peg in a round hole. In climes, this man will be rotting away in jail for crimes against humanity, but because this is Nigeria where the wicked and corrupt souls roam free, anything goes.

The Igbos have suffered enough, and it's high time they start a revolution that will overtake this country from the tracherous claws of the North or they risk further marginalization and rejection.

Truth is, many people are gullible because they simply cannot read and comprehend! Kai

Here is what Buhari said
“I remember with nostalgia the performance of the commander-in-chief, General Yakubu Gowon. Every commander was given a copy of the commander-in-chief’s instructions that we were not fighting enemies but that we were fighting our brothers. And thus, people were constrained to show a lot of restraint.

This only implies they were instructed to follow the Geneva Convention in the course of executing the war. This does not mean some miscreants wont overdo and ignore the directive, but it means the Nigeria Government charged its officers to respect international rules of engagement.

Except FFK can show any document stating otherwise, he should actually be told to keep quiet.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Blooddiamond: 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2018
angry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by KrystosCJ(m): 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
Why are we fanning the flames that our predecessors lit?

Why can't we forgive like the way East and West Germany forgave each other and became stronger together?

All of you preaching or posturing as pro-Buhari, pro-Biafra, pro-this or pro-that - how does it help you to live in peace, do honest trade, go to school in relative calm, eat at each other's tables or attend social events together?

We are busy peddling our forefathers paracetamol and drinking their headaches like it's some kind of performance enhancing drug we need to win arguments or score popularity contests. At the end, we are left desolate and drunk with hate.

I pray that all these evil political forefathers just vanish [whichever way is possible] so that we won't be polluted by their toxic minds, tongues or actions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Nwaisuochi(m): 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
May Chukwuokikeabiama bless NK and all Biafrans.

13 Likes

Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by package7(m): 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
We know because is in DNA
Re: "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK by Fesomu(m): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2018
Your family needs you FFK not Nigerians

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Meets With Peter Obi And Senator Ben Bruce / Kperogi Reacts To Rumors Of Ganduje As APC VP choice / Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.