Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Please How Does The Car Remote Work? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please How Does The Car Remote Work? (1221 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / My Car Remote Key Starter Is No Longer Working / Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Does The Car Remote Work? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2018
I don’t know what I pressed that makes my car to shout and lock back when I press the unlock button. please how do i disarm?

Re: Please How Does The Car Remote Work? by cyborg123(m): 8:38pm On Jun 05, 2018
Do you have the operating manual of the system?
Re: Please How Does The Car Remote Work? by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 06, 2018
cyborg123:
Do you have the operating manual of the system?
no sir
Re: Please How Does The Car Remote Work? by cyborg123(m): 9:01am On Jun 06, 2018
Remove your battery negative terminal for about 5 minutes to reset the security system then reconnect the terminal tightly.
Re: Please How Does The Car Remote Work? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 06, 2018
cyborg123:
Remove your battery negative terminal for about 5 minutes to reset the security system then reconnect the terminal tightly.

OK. Please how does the buttons work? How can I arm the car and disarm it when I come to drive it?
Re: Please How Does The Car Remote Work? by cyborg123(m): 10:42am On Jun 06, 2018
The first button is the lock/arm button. Press it once to lock the car and activate the security.

The second button is the unlock button. Press once to unlock the car and deactivate security.

* If you unlock the car with the key after locking with the remote, the system will see that as an intrusion and blare the alarm.

The third button is used to lock/unlock the car silently. Press once before pressing either lock or unlock to disable the chirp that sounds when you lock or unlock the car.

The fourth (red) button is for panic mode. It is useful for locating the car if you are not sure where you parked or to attract attention if for any reason you or the car is in distress. Pressing the button once will either flash the double pointers and/or the headlamps and/or blare the alarm. Press the button again to disable panic mode.

Note that this explanation is based on a typical installation. Your system might vary slightly depending on the device and how it was installed.

1 Like

Re: Please How Does The Car Remote Work? by cyborg123(m): 10:48am On Jun 06, 2018
Jara: Don't ever leave your key in the car when you are not in it. Except if the driver side window is rolled down to avoid your key being mistakenly locked in.
Re: Please How Does The Car Remote Work? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 06, 2018
cyborg123:
Jara: Don't ever leave your key in the car when you are not in it. Except if the driver side window is rolled down to avoid your key being mistakenly locked in.
This once happened to me and I learnt my lesson, worse still a small child found his way inside. I was lucky my car was nearby so had to rush home for the spare, when I came back the boy was already sweating like hell.

1 Like

Re: Please How Does The Car Remote Work? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
cyborg123:
The first button is the lock/arm button. Press it once to lock the car and activate the security.

The second button is the unlock button. Press once to unlock the car and deactivate security.

* If you unlock the car with the key after locking with the remote, the system will see that as an intrusion and blare the alarm.

The third button is used to lock/unlock the car silently. T Press once before pressing either lock or unlock to disable the chirp that sounds when you lock or unlock the car.

The fourth (red) button is for panic mode. It is useful for locating the car if you are not sure where you parked or to attract attention if for any reason you or the car is in distress. Pressing the button once will either flash the double pointers and/or the headlamps and/or blare the alarm. Press the button again to disable panic mode.

Note that this explanation is based on a typical installation. Your system might vary slightly depending on the device and how it was installed.
The issue however is this, when I use to remote too unlock the car, the alarm comes on and the car locks
Re: Please How Does The Car Remote Work? by cyborg123(m): 12:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
Bossforeva:
The issue however is this, when I use to remote too unlock the car, the alarm comes on and the car locks
The system is malfunctioning. Have you tried the reset?

1 Like

Re: Please How Does The Car Remote Work? by cyborg123(m): 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
Bossforeva:
This once happened to me and I learnt my lesson, worse still a small child found his way inside. I was lucky my car was nearby so had to rush home for the spare, when I came back the boy was already sweating like hell.
Eeya. Thank God the situation didn't go out of control.

(1) (Reply)

2002 Accura CL Naija Used For Sale 460k / Up For Quick Sale / 2005 Lexus Es330

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.