Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,492 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? (4294 Views)

How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. / How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity / How Much Can A 32gb Original Memory Card Cost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2018
ORIGINAL CLASS 10 Memory Cards:

16GB: 2500
32GB: 3500
64GB: 6500
128GB: 10000

DELIVERY AVAILABLE NATIONWIDE VIA POST OFFICE (NOT MORE THAN #900)

07066697724, 090 23900456..

Having been in/around Computer Village for over 5 years, we can tell you directly that: THERE IS NO WAY TO PHISICALLY EXAMINE A FAKE MEMORY CARD AND KNOW ITS FAKE.

The only way to do so is: TO TEST IT.

For example if it is a 32gb memory card, transfer files that is at least up to 20gb into it and check to see if it retains the data. To check, remove it from the current device and put it into another device to see if data is retained.

THIS CAN BE QUITE TEDIOUS THOUGH. Some other tips:

1. Buy from shops, don't buy from roadside vendors (most of them sell copy/fake).
2. even when you buy from a shop, it is still not guaranteed that it will be original but at least you can return it, although, getting money back can be tedious.

If you don't want to go through all these stress, contact us for original&affordable memory cards 7 days return period. Check profile for details

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by FuckoffMOD: 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2018
gwng:
Having been in/around Computer Village for over 5 years, we can tell you directly that: THERE IS NO WAY TO PHISICALLY EXAMINE A FAKE MEMORY CARD AND KNOW ITS FAKE.

For example if it is a 32gb memory card, transfer files that is at least up to 20gb into it and check to see if it retains the data. To check, remove it from the current device and put it into another device to see if data is retained.

1. Buy from shops, don't buy from roadside vendors (most of them sell copy/fake).
2. even when you buy from a shop, it is still not guaranteed that it will be original but at least you can return it, although, getting money back can be tedious.

If you don't want to go through all these stress, contact us for original&affordable memory cards 7 days return period. Check profile for details
How much for dat SanDisk 16gig ?
Need it urgently
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 9:35am On Jun 06, 2018
FuckoffMOD:

How much for dat SanDisk 16gig ?
Need it urgently

3K for ORIGINAL SAN DISK 16GB.
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by FuckoffMOD: 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
gwng:

3K for ORIGINAL SAN DISK 16GB.

Hope it's class 10 how do I get it now
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 12:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
gwng:

Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 12:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
FuckoffMOD:

Hope it's class 10 how do I get it now

Yes, come to computer village: 3-9 Ol Koleosho Street, Off Medical Road
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by FuckoffMOD: 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2018
gwng:

Yes, come to computer village: 3-9 Ol Koleosho Street, Off Medical Road
Too far....if u I get it at ikotun will b good
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2018
gwng:

Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 12:07pm On Jun 07, 2018
Must read
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 1:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
av
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 10:15am On Jun 11, 2018
gwng:

Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by sureinfo: 11:47am On Jun 11, 2018
i think the best way to ascertain your SD card isn't fake is to buy it from an original certified gadget outlet.that was what i did when i got my new tecno spark.
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by tafat: 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
that was a nice thing you did, am sure you enjoying your sd card on your spark
sureinfo:
i think the best way to ascertain your SD card isn't fake is to buy it from an original certified gadget outlet.that was what i did when i got my new tecno spark.
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by godwinony(m): 9:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
Download tbe app called SD INSIGHT. If it is original, it'll show the manufacturer of the card, else, it'll be blank.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
Available
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by hausadreturn(m): 4:29am On Jun 14, 2018
You're right though.
I bought an "iconix class 10 mem. card for 3k at 16gb, and it lasted.
On trying to buy a SanDisk 32gb, it was so fake I was disappointed. Thankfully I bought it in a shop, he had to give me another.
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2018
Available
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2018
gwng:

Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by bobojoshua(m): 12:50am On Jun 20, 2018
godwinony:
Download tbe app called SD INSIGHT. If it is original, it'll show the manufacturer of the card, else, it'll be blank.
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 5:26am On Jun 20, 2018
godwinony:
Download tbe app called SD INSIGHT. If it is original, it'll show the manufacturer of theo card, else, it'll be blank.

There are several brands of memory card (particularly dubai made like boost which are also ORIGINAL). This app is still limited...
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 2:46pm On Jun 25, 2018
Available.
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by tafat: 10:31pm On Jun 25, 2018
is removing and putting inside different devices not a waste of time? how about you ensure you buy your SD card from original sales outlets like carl care
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by tafat: 10:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
had you gone to carl care to buy it,you wouldnt have had any regrets
hausadreturn:
You're right though.
I bought an "iconix class 10 mem. card for 3k at 16gb, and it lasted.
On trying to buy a SanDisk 32gb, it was so fake I was disappointed. Thankfully I bought it in a shop, he had to give me another.
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 11:15am On Jun 26, 2018
tafat:
had you gone to carl care to buy it,you wouldnt have had any regrets

Carl care expensive buy from us. See our rates here: https://www.nairaland.com/4369374/class-10-81632-64gb-memory
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2018
gwng:

Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
gwng:

Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 4:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
Available...
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
gwng:

Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by SweetBwoy: 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2018
some "SHOPS" like SLOT in Enugu do sell fake memory cards...

bought one from them..
after 4 days it developed...
I thought it was my phone..

I directed my friend to buy from Slot after some months...
she complained that after a week the M. card stated misbehaving( same make with the one I bought, same problem).
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
gwng:

Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2018
available.
Re: How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? by gwng: 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brag About Your Phone Without Mentioning The Name [Picture] / Mtn Sim Not Browsing / The Full Meaning Of MTN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.