Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia (798 Views)

Taiye Taiwo Celebrates His 31st Birthday Today; Check Out His Birthday Cake / Taiye Taiwo And Son In Matching Outfits [photo] / Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by hollandis(f): 7:03am On May 31, 2010
I dont want to be sentimental,hence I wont say what I saw .I dont want to have a biased opinion .But please someone rate taiye taiwo.I dont know if it was only me that saw what he did yesterday. shocked
I wont create a poll,but your obj opinion please.If I didnt mention ur name,sorry but I want ur opinion grin
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by 12large: 7:10am On May 31, 2010
hollandis taiwo was decent in yesterdays game, someone just needs to tell him how to position himself because he has positional problem.
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by hollandis(f): 7:19am On May 31, 2010
Thanks 12large.What position is best suited for taiwo?
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by honeric01(m): 11:16am On May 31, 2010
Taiye Taiwo is the worse back tracker Nigeria has ever had lol, he's good at pacing forward but VERY bad at coming back to cover up, he is so slow and tracking back and i just don't know why he does that way.

His best position IMO is to be played as an 11, nothing short of that, he's now becoming too blunderbuss playing as a LB.
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by medjai(m): 11:37am On May 31, 2010
What happened to his shots? They are off target these days. I think an attacking position would better suit TT.
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by naso2(m): 12:05pm On May 31, 2010
honeric01:

Taiye Taiwo is the worse back tracker Nigeria has ever had lol, he's good at pacing forward but VERY bad at coming back to cover up, he is so slow and tracking back and i just don't know why he does that way.

His best position IMO is to be played as an 11, nothing short of that, he's now becoming too blunderbuss playing as a LB.

What i expect is for the DMs to fill the vacant space when he overlaps and not placing all the blame on him for not backtracking. E be like say some of us no know say that field big, and na gas dem use dey play dis thing.
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by honeric01(m): 12:21pm On May 31, 2010
na_so:

What i expect is for the DMs to fill the vacant space when he overlaps and not placing all the blame on him for not backtracking. E be like say some of us no know say that field big, and na gas dem use dey play dis thing.

he should not always be expecting the DMs to cover for him especially when he makes useless runs upfront, most of his runs have been useless so far, just check out Odiah, when he overlaps, he retraces asap and you hardly find him wanting unlike Taiwo who jogs when returning to his position.
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by snakova(m): 6:06pm On May 31, 2010
He doesn't get the necessary cover when he overlaps, not really his fault.
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by honeric01(m): 9:29pm On May 31, 2010
And why is Odiah not having the same issues like Taiwo when he overlaps? undecided
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by semid4lyfe(m): 10:02pm On May 31, 2010
Taiye Taiwo's faults are slow recovery & back-tracking (He jogs back instead of running), lack of concentration, deficit of attention and gets frustrated easily (when his opposing player is having the better of him and lunges into wild tackles e.g Nigeria vs Mexico friendly ). He has pace, is good going forward and packs a decent shot. Those are his only good points. You can't count on him to give a game full concentration and attention for 90 minutes. Examples of his loss of concentration that have been costly are Nigeria vs Tunisia (WCQ in Abuja), Ghana vs Nigeria (Quarter Final, Ghana 2008), Nigeria vs Egypt (Angola 2010). Defensively I don't rate him high and I still prefer Echiejile to him.

He was decent in yesterday's game and so I'll rate him a 5/10.
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by Iyineda(m): 10:04pm On May 31, 2010
My observations of Taiwo's performance against Colombia:

Positives:
- Good addition forward, brings valuable help to fellow winger
- A few good interceptions
- Physical strength

Negatives:
- Lack of composure (poor passes)
- Mediocre defensive tracking
- Bad zone coverage
- Slow recovery
- Sometimes shy to do something with the ball, often caught back/side passing
- Inaccurate crosses and long range shots

He was a disappointment in that match. He wasn't piss poor either. Just not what I believe he can be. And no, I don't see him playing as a winger either. Not only is he our only left full back (Echiejile is a HUUUUGE letdown atm) he also lacks the necessary skills and grinta that a natural winger would have (cf. Obasi and Odemwingie league).
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by Jencejyde(m): 11:24pm On Jun 01, 2010
Simply put; he performed average. So many points were made concerning his recovery, bad passes and crosses, defenders not closing the gap when he gets forward and so on. Good points! But as to how he performed in the match against the Colombians', i simply say, Average. 3/5 that is?
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by snakova(m): 2:48pm On Jun 04, 2010
honeric01:

And why is Odiah not having the same issues like Taiwo when he overlaps? undecided
Given that Echeijile would do no better than Taiwo, the coaches can work on this deficiency of his. Thats what Osaze meant by not learning anything from Amodu. The coach improves the players.
@ Iyineda
Nice one. He didn't have a good game coming forward but we all know he can do better.
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by Jencejyde(m): 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2010
snakova:

Given that Echeijile would do no better than Taiwo, the coaches can work on this deficiency of his. That's what Osaze meant by not learning anything from Amodu. The coach improves the players.
@ Iyineda
Nice one. He didn't have a good game coming forward but we all know he can do better.

From the above sentence in bold, it seems some of the players already realized that Amodu was not competent enough. Problem is why did anyone not try to raise an alarm to the situation. Obviously most of these guys play under more Established coaches week in week out. It would not be hard for them to figure that out but the F.A, (God help us from politics and GREED) What were they thinking?
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by honeric01(m): 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2010
Jencejyde:

From the above sentence in bold, it seems some of the players already realized that Amodu was not competent enough. Problem is why did anyone not try to raise an alarm to the situation. Obviously most of these guys play under more Established coaches week in week out. It would not be hard for them to figure that out but the F.A, (God help us from politics and GREED) What were they thinking?

Yet most of them sit on the bench in their various clubs, does that mean they have not been able to LEARN anything from their club's coaches? does that mean they are SLOW to learn or that they are BLOCKHEADS? undecided
Re: Honeric,semid4lyfe,andrew Other Pls Rate Taiye Taiwo In D Match Against Colombia by Jencejyde(m): 5:56pm On Jun 15, 2010
honeric01:

Yet most of them sit on the bench in their various clubs, does that mean they have not been able to LEARN anything from their club's coaches? does that mean they are SLOW to learn or that they are BLOCKHEADS? undecided
Its one thing to learn how to play, it's another to actually want to play. They may have learned abroad and still play in a selfish and unpatriotic way for Nigeria. Better still they may be blockheads but do foreign clubs pay 40 to 100k, depending on salaries for BLOCKHEADS!. I don't think so. They are just interested in sharing bonuses and enjoying field trips when they are supposed to be on National duty. It takes the mind of People Like Kaka and Messi to defy Club in order to play for Country. It takes Champions to want to participate in a tournament and remain the Last team Standing, It takes someone who loves the game to be able to play and Tell NFF to keep their bonuses or give it to the Orphans or those in need why they just do the Business. I played the Game and trust me when i say this. We (My team) always played to win, cos we were all bad losers.The money they gave us was never the inspiration we needed to succeed.

The will to win coupled with a disciplined attitude on and off the field is what differentiates you from the everyday footballer. Look at the USA 94 team and tell me whether they earned close to what this crop of players are earning now. Was it money that inspired them? How many bad losers are on the team. Its not that quality alone but the fact that we combined pure skills with a winning mentality and hard work. I hate Mourhino but then i have to give him credit for having an insatiable appetite for victory. I could keep on going over this issue for as long as it takes because i don't just watch the games and write about it. I played the game and played it WELL. I have seen circumstances surrounding player allowances. that's why i can BOLDLY say that some, not all of our players just wear the jersey representing over 150 million peeps for fun and not for pride.

(1) (Reply)

Eagles Are Overrated –okocha / Nigeria' S Emenike In Race To Recover From Injury! / Who Is Unpatriotic – Tb Joshua Or Chris Green?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.