Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,768 members, 7,802,350 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers (7381 Views)

How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss / How To Deal With That Annoying Co-worker / Widow Turned Bus Conductor Relies On Weed To Deal With Lagos ‘agberos’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by Uranus1: 1:53am On Jun 06, 2018
We understand there is a thin chance you’ ll get along well with every one of your colleagues . There ’s definitely the one who talks incessantly, the ones who can ’t clean up after themselves and the ones who pass responsibilities to you.

Fortunately , there are a couple of steps you can take while dealing with the most annoying of co -workers .

Avoid them
This may seem impossible since you see the person on a daily basis but you will be surprised that if you actually make a conscious effort , you will noticeably have lesser interactions with this person.
Even if the person parades the office , be too busy to stop what you are doing. “When you reduce your interaction with someone it often improves your interaction with them .”

Compromise
Try to meet your co - worker halfway and be open to his or her own way of doing things. You may just be able to deal with it.
Do not insist on always getting it done your way . After all , you may be working with this person for weeks , months and maybe even years .

Remember, it is just professional
No matter how upset you get , remember you only have to deal with them until work closes and you are not going to take them home with you at the end of the day .
The realisation that it is only temporary helps you ignore and tolerate annoying as well as irritating situations. That , in turn , helps you control your temper .

Stay positive
Try to stay positive despite the insanity. We understand that is almost impossible but you are more likely to get cooperation from other co -workers this way.

https://www.nigerialog.com/career/heres-how-to-deal-with-annoying-co-workers/new/#new

6 Likes

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by mayowascholar(m): 7:14am On Jun 06, 2018
noted
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 06, 2018
tongue
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 06, 2018
nonsense
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by ELgordo(m): 7:16am On Jun 06, 2018
Ovoko
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:16am On Jun 06, 2018
It used to be so much war back then.
But, Thank God for Entrepreneurship!

#GratefulHeart

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by allanphash7(m): 7:17am On Jun 06, 2018
Being a Good person is like being a goal keeper. No matter how many goals you save, people will still Remember only the one goal you missed. Never be discouraged by what people say about you, don't mind them. Remember out of dirty soil germinates a good seed, out of hot fire the food is cooked, Even a black colour is the most favourite colour to others. *For your own information*, smart people don't touch charcoal but they eat what has been Cooked on charcoal, so some people may dislike you but Need your Help. Never lose hope but continue doing good to people.
Better days ahead..
Tomorrow is another day

10 Likes

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by ElsonMorali: 7:17am On Jun 06, 2018
Or buy a handgun and put it on your desk. They'll let you be.

2 Likes

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by Nedfed(m): 7:17am On Jun 06, 2018
Co worker or what?
Nedfed don't fvcking care in as much you are not the Chairman, CEO, or not even the Managing Director, if u try rubbish I will look your face.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by babeosisi: 7:18am On Jun 06, 2018
Co workers are like the proverbial fly perched on a man's scrotum.
You don't want to leave it lest it bites
You don't want to smash it lest you do damage to your balls

1 Like

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by JARUSHUB: 7:18am On Jun 06, 2018
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by diebuhari1: 7:19am On Jun 06, 2018
post=68220547:
Thank God for Entrepreneurship!
But you abandoned entrepreneurship (roadside fish selling) for BMC job

3 Likes

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by INFOBIZ3: 7:20am On Jun 06, 2018
You are not taking anything out of this world. Stop concentrating on material wealth. Rather,

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.
Matthew 6 :33

My people

2 Likes

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by DJInfluence: 7:22am On Jun 06, 2018
What´s all this grammar na....?

Just wait for them after work and beat craze commot from dia body.
go to where they park dia car and draw map of river Niger and Benue for the body of the car.
text dia wife/hubby that they are having an affair with dia boss in the office
send anonymous tip to EFCC that they are into yahoo yahoo.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 7:25am On Jun 06, 2018
Anyone outside the corporate world will not understand what people go through seriously.

While you leave home for work, you are also thinking of possible ways to maneuver past troubles with colleagues.

Senior colleagues are even worse to deal with.

It's like you are in war zone. You either fight smartly or be killed. Those in small organizations like one-man business are in worse conditions undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by zealz4u(m): 7:25am On Jun 06, 2018
Emotional intelligence should be included, it is very necessary. It has worked for me several times.

2 Likes

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by KingMicky3286: 7:26am On Jun 06, 2018
[quote author=allanphash7 post=68220581]Being a Good person is like being a goal keeper. No matter how many goals you save, people will still Remember only the one goal you missed. Never be discouraged by what people say about you, don't mind them. Remember out of dirty soil germinates a good seed, out of hot fire the food is cooked, Even a black colour is the most favourite colour to others. *For your own information*, smart people don't touch charcoal but they eat what has been Cooked on charcoal, so some people may dislike you but Need your Help. Never lose hope but continue doing good to people.
Better days ahead..
Tomorrow is another day[/quote

Nice
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:27am On Jun 06, 2018
NGOs love this question
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by INFOBIZ3: 7:27am On Jun 06, 2018
You are not taking anything out of this world. Stop concentrating on material wealth. Rather,

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.

My
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by Loanguyng: 7:36am On Jun 06, 2018
Well said!

If you need me call me.

1 Like

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by fucktoto: 7:37am On Jun 06, 2018
i would like to read and learn how to deal with annoying foooolani zombies like sarkin and blackpanda instead.

those guys won't make heaven no matter how long they pray and fast, insha allah!
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by Saff(f): 7:45am On Jun 06, 2018
I just ignore. I’m there for my pay check and nothing else. I can only tolerate 3 people at my workplace.

4 Likes

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by CharlesJok3r: 7:50am On Jun 06, 2018
Y
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by Kirchhoff01(m): 7:55am On Jun 06, 2018
post=68220547:

#GratefulHeart
Put me through bro! I need to start doing something on my own

1 Like

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by myettiallah: 7:57am On Jun 06, 2018
INFOBIZ3:

My people

Send me ur monthly salary, I have sent my acct number to ur mail
Thanks in anticipation

3 Likes

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by seyoops4u: 8:00am On Jun 06, 2018
Teach me something bru... I'm ready to learn how to fish
post=68220547:

#GratefulHeart
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:03am On Jun 06, 2018
Kirchhoff01:

Put me through bro! I need to start doing something on my own
Send me a pm.

seyoops4u:
Teach me something bru... I'm ready to learn how to fish
Send me a pm too.
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by Haarkeen: 8:07am On Jun 06, 2018
The most important thing you need is self control and here are some tips that will guide you to gain self control and deal with annoying co workers http://zipansion.com/1KTOb
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by alphaconde(m): 8:19am On Jun 06, 2018
set them up
Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by necor: 8:29am On Jun 06, 2018
Some colleagues can really be super annoying, that you feel like assassinating them.

2 Likes

Re: Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:02am On Jun 06, 2018
What about those that aren't employed? Those it concerns them also... foolish post

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Trusted Careers / Women Lawyering In A Man’s World - Jennifer Ifunanya Ugwu / Is It Legal For Your Employer To Hack Your Email And Privacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.