Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Osun 2018: I’m Not Aregbesola’s Anointed Candidate– Aide - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Osun 2018: I’m Not Aregbesola’s Anointed Candidate– Aide (329 Views)

Osun 2018: Why Aregbesola Should Hand Over To Me —ezekiel Oyemomi, APC Governors / Winning Osun 2018 Election For Apc Is The Beginning Of Wisdom, Honkameell / Osun 2018: Aregbesola’s Factor’ll Decide Who Wins, Says Liberty Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osun 2018: I’m Not Aregbesola’s Anointed Candidate– Aide by Akinlab15(m): 4:03am On Jun 06, 2018
Osun 2018: I’m not Aregbesola’s anointed candidate– Aide

Contrary to speculations, Gboyega Oyetola, the Chief of Staff to Governor Rauf Aregbesola, says he is not the governor’s anointed candidate in the September 22 governorship election in the state.

Mr Oyetola, who is one of the aspirants in the governorship election on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC), said this at a press conference on Tuesday in Osogbo, the state capital.

He said rather than waiting for the governor’s endorsement, he would fight for the party’s ticket.

“If truly I have received the governor’s endorsement, I will not be doing what I am doing; campaigning.

“I will not like to be endorsed, but I will like to be treated on my own merit,’’ he said.

On the clamour for the zoning of the party’s ticket to the West Senatorial District of the state, Mr Oyetola said that there was no such arrangement in the party’s constitution.

Mr Oyetola also said the reason he was vying for the governorship position was to ensure continuity of the Aregbesola government’s policies.

“We cannot afford to retrogress. Not anymore. The job at hand is too urgent to be left to just anyone unprepared.

“I believe I am the man for such a moment as this. I have this experience and the pedigree. I am dependable and accessible,’’ Mr Oyetola said.

The aspirant pledged to make the welfare of workers top priority, provide quality education, minimise unemployment and secure lives and property.

“My goal is to make Osun to be known as the destination for employment and jobs in the country,” he said.

Mr Oyetola also dismissed the allegation that some cabinet members were made to swear to an oath to support his governorship ambition.

(NAN)

Re: Osun 2018: I’m Not Aregbesola’s Anointed Candidate– Aide by jidamsel43(m): 5:24am On Jun 06, 2018
I refused to be fooled. Aregbesola does not hide his support of you. I don't think you can have more than 10 votes from primary if he is not supporting you

(1) (Reply)

Get New Roof Without Re-roofing...plus Cooler Indoors! / Russian Lawmaker Says No To Sex With World Cup Visitors / President Trump – A Real Peoples’ President. Says “no Borders No Country”.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.