Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card (27087 Views)

No Major Fraud Is Committed Without The Connivance Of Bank Officials - EFCC / How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits / Why I Withdrew My Suit Against EFCC — Innoson CEO Innocent Chukwuma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by infocabal(m): 8:52am On Jun 06, 2018
Good day my fellow Nairalanders.

I have been hearing of this issue, I didn't believe until it happened to me last week.

I went to withdraw money from Diamond Bank ATM in Gwagwalada, Abuja around 9pm. When it was my turn, I slotted in my ATM card entered my Pin and entered the amount of withdrawal. Only for the Machine to be hang, I was then pressing the red button so it reject my card but alas, it Swallowed my Card.

So disappointed, I told the security man, he said there is nothing can be done, that I should go to my bank which is first Bank to get another ATM card.

I went home that night only for me to be seeing alert of N20,065 four times... And 15,065 once.

And the withdrawal location is in Wuse 2, which is about 50km away from Gwagwalada. My account was emptied and only me know my PIN. Even my wife doesn't know it.

So the next morning I went to first Bank to complain about the matter, and they told me someone withdrew the money in another location. I told them how possible is that? When
1. Am the only one that know my PIN
2. The location of withdrawal is 50mins away and I got alert less than that time.
3. The card was swallowed up by Diamond bank ATM and I still waited for it to come out but it didn't.

Infact, the customer care lady said, 2 other people came to complain about the same incident from the same location where my ATM was swallowed.

I was told to visit Diamond bank or the Police.
Quickly I went to police station to lay my complain.
Only for the DPO to tell me to bring N5, 000 to write letter to the bank.
And I told him, where will i get the money from, when they have withdrew all the money in my account.

To cut the long story short, we are still on the matter, I was even made to know that bank officials connive to criminals to get swallowed atm card and correlating PIN, don't really know how true this is.

It's becoming a rampant case gradually, rhetoric relevant authority should be informed please.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by boilerplate: 8:55am On Jun 06, 2018
Hmmmmm.. Another way of fraud.

Falz is right..everybody be criminal.

This is the kind of informative post that should make Frontpage, seun , lalasticlala

94 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by flexxyworld(m): 8:55am On Jun 06, 2018
mehn this one deep ooo

8 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by stefanweeks: 8:58am On Jun 06, 2018
Take heart bro

The country is messed up

Try and write to CBN fraud unit

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by sinaj(f): 9:04am On Jun 06, 2018
This is serious o!

The security man needs to be questioned but I wonder how they got your pin

6 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by HoodBillionaire: 9:14am On Jun 06, 2018
take sars thr
let them close dat bank for today
all d bank staffs must either confesss who did it
or they collect
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by danny56: 9:27am On Jun 06, 2018
Omo....like I will be transferring my money to some who wants to withdraw to help me withdraw too. Can't be doing Bonanza like this abeg. And seriously, the person to withdraw for me go be banker too. undecided
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by boilerplate: 11:04am On Jun 06, 2018
Naija lo wa
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by sexiestharam(f): 11:32am On Jun 06, 2018
First of all, the atm room has dual control. Meaning there must be 2 staff that go into the atm room and reload cash or retrieve trapped cards. Secondly, the customer service personnel is a big novice! No trained customer service personnel should give a bad example of a situation. He or she is the good face of the bank. Thirdly, believe me, since this has gotten to nairaland, this issue would be investigated immediately by the bank. You can also call 07003000000. Diamond bank always thrives for a positive image. Just know that heads would roll sha for this report. But it is not your business. Yours is to get your money returned and it would. You should have also called your bank immediately to block the card immediately. Some banks like Diamond have a feature on their mobile apps to temporarily block cards. Lastly, people saying the security guard needs to be questioned, security personnels do not have access to the atm room. Unless your atm card was later ejected after you left. There are some instances that the atm card still comes out and the customer might have already left the premises.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by OboOlora(f): 11:32am On Jun 06, 2018
Op is an illiterate cheesy

The machine trapped ur card and u couldn’t just use a shortcode to block it instantly? U do knowna trapped card can’t be retrieved right? Now u have lost over 50k instead of just 1k for a new card.

U deserve to be stoned to death!!!

10 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by aguiyi2: 11:33am On Jun 06, 2018
Nigerian banks are fraud prone.The sad aspect of it is that they don't care.

1 Like

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 06, 2018
sure the atm didnt spit your card out after u left?

2 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by airsaylongcon: 11:34am On Jun 06, 2018
sinaj:
This is serious o!

The security man needs to be questioned but I wonder how they got your pin

Looks like the ATM has been rigged by criminals.

9 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by muckross(m): 11:34am On Jun 06, 2018
airsaylongcon:

Looks like the ATM has been rigged by criminals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by curvilicious: 11:34am On Jun 06, 2018
Hey! Diamond bank!
Get a good lawyer and you will be compensated with better money. I've seen a similar case with anoda bank and they were sued for 100m and the matter still dey court the lawyer good die ayam 98% sure he will win.

Ifbthe bank wants to help you, its not a hard thing they can trace the whole matter to the culprit but them go wan form I dont care until you vex scatter their office before them go standup

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by veacea: 11:34am On Jun 06, 2018
Okay ooooo, we wish you courage to be able push this to a logical conclusion and.the fraudster be brought to book.

1 Like

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by guywitzerogal(m): 11:35am On Jun 06, 2018
Did the Atm swallow ur password too?

6 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 06, 2018
Wickedness in low places... They left just 900 for him! Choi

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by pocohantas(f): 11:35am On Jun 06, 2018
The word is retracted.

Are you sure it didn't eject your card after you left?

This is more serious than I thought.
Follow it up then. You have to write formally to CBN.

3 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by rhythyson: 11:35am On Jun 06, 2018
Nija banks i don give up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Fernandowski(m): 11:36am On Jun 06, 2018
This is Nigeria
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Divay22(f): 11:36am On Jun 06, 2018
See the way heart dey cut me like say na me them do.
Why are some people heartless na sad

13 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by anonymous1759(m): 11:37am On Jun 06, 2018
infocabal:
Good day my fellow Nairalanders.

I have been hearing of this issue, I didn't believe until it happened to me last week.

I went to withdraw money from Diamond Bank ATM in Gwagwalada, Abuja around 9pm. When it was my turn, I slotted in my ATM card entered my Pin and entered the amount of withdrawal. Only for the Machine to be hang, I was then pressing the red button so it reject my card but alas, it Swallowed my Card.

So disappointed, I told the security man, he said there is nothing can be done, that I should go to my bank which is first Bank to get another ATM card.

I went home that night only for me to be seeing alert of N20,065 four times... And 15,065 once.

And the withdrawal location is in Wuse 2, which is about 50km away from Gwagwalada. My account was emptied and only me know my PIN. Even my wife doesn't know it.

So the next morning I went to first Bank to complain about the matter, and they told me someone withdrew the money in another location. I told them how possible is that? When
1. Am the only one that know my PIN
2. The location of withdrawal is 50mins away and I got alert less than that time.
3. The card was swallowed up by Diamond bank ATM and I still waited for it to come out but it didn't.

Infact, the customer care lady said, 2 other people came to complain about the same incident from the same location where my ATM was swallowed.

I was told to visit Diamond bank or the Police.
Quickly I went to police station to lay my complain.
Only for the DPO to tell me to bring N5, 000 to write letter to the bank.
And I told him, where will i get the money from, when they have withdrew all the money in my account.

To cut the long story short, we are still on the matter, I was even made to know that bank officials connive to criminals to get swallowed atm card and correlating PIN, don't really know how true this is.

It's becoming a rampant case gradually, rhetoric relevant authority should be informed please.

This is very bad, report to the CBN fraud Unit.

3 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Jaykolo10(m): 11:37am On Jun 06, 2018
And then one person said falz was wrong about his video... this country Don go already

cry
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by princeade86(m): 11:37am On Jun 06, 2018
don't envy any banker if u see dem spending because 78% of them are fraudsters. but I don't know d remained 22% character sha.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by wasiudvd(m): 11:37am On Jun 06, 2018
No bank official withdrew your money.
I suspect a skimming device was on that ATM you inserted your card, the fraudster got access to both your card and your pin. Google "skimming" to know better what probably happened to you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Phantom2(m): 11:38am On Jun 06, 2018
they should check the said ATM for a skimmer and fake keypads undecided

your money iyaff goed! cry

11 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by okolet(m): 11:38am On Jun 06, 2018
Ok

2 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Divay22(f): 11:39am On Jun 06, 2018
OboOlora:
Op is an illiterate cheesy

The machine trapped ur card and u couldn’t just use a shortcode to block it instantly? U do knowna trapped card can’t be retrieved right? Now u have lost over 50k instead of just 1k for a new card.

U deserve to be stoned to death!!!
Aunty what is the shortcode ?

8 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by teemy(m): 11:39am On Jun 06, 2018
Main suspect is the guard. They have the access to help you retrieve your card from the ATM if stuck. Guess this one yard that grant to perpetuate misdeeds.
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by PresidentAtiku(m): 11:39am On Jun 06, 2018
ATM custodian, security men or you either left the card on the ATM and someone helped himself.

The question becomes, how did they get your PIN

Installed PIN pad

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics / 4 Habits Of Financially Smart People / How Profitable To Import Used Laptop And Phone In Bulk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.