Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card (27086 Views)

No Major Fraud Is Committed Without The Connivance Of Bank Officials - EFCC / How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits / Why I Withdrew My Suit Against EFCC — Innoson CEO Innocent Chukwuma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by jeron1(m): 11:39am On Jun 06, 2018
Report to CBN. Contact me for info...

infocabal:
Good day my fellow Nairalanders.

I have been hearing of this issue, I didn't believe until it happened to me last week.

I went to withdraw money from Diamond Bank ATM in Gwagwalada, Abuja around 9pm. When it was my turn, I slotted in my ATM card entered my Pin and entered the amount of withdrawal. Only for the Machine to be hang, I was then pressing the red button so it reject my card but alas, it Swallowed my Card.

So disappointed, I told the security man, he said there is nothing can be done, that I should go to my bank which is first Bank to get another ATM card.

I went home that night only for me to be seeing alert of N20,065 four times... And 15,065 once.

And the withdrawal location is in Wuse 2, which is about 50km away from Gwagwalada. My account was emptied and only me know my PIN. Even my wife doesn't know it.

So the next morning I went to first Bank to complain about the matter, and they told me someone withdrew the money in another location. I told them how possible is that? When
1. Am the only one that know my PIN
2. The location of withdrawal is 50mins away and I got alert less than that time.
3. The card was swallowed up by Diamond bank ATM and I still waited for it to come out but it didn't.

Infact, the customer care lady said, 2 other people came to complain about the same incident from the same location where my ATM was swallowed.

I was told to visit Diamond bank or the Police.
Quickly I went to police station to lay my complain.
Only for the DPO to tell me to bring N5, 000 to write letter to the bank.
And I told him, where will i get the money from, when they have withdrew all the money in my account.

To cut the long story short, we are still on the matter, I was even made to know that bank officials connive to criminals to get swallowed atm card and correlating PIN, don't really know how true this is.

It's becoming a rampant case gradually, rhetoric relevant authority should be informed please.

1 Like

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 06, 2018
OMG..... just look for way to light up that bank.
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by TheUbermensch: 11:40am On Jun 06, 2018
OboOlora:
Op is an illiterate cheesy

The machine trapped ur card and u couldn’t just use a shortcode to block it instantly? U do knowna trapped card can’t be retrieved right? Now u have lost over 50k instead of just 1k for a new card.

U deserve to be stoned to death!!!

Alright Mr. I Too Know. What's the short code?

6 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by rarry(m): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2018
Immediately you saw the first alert, you should have made moves to block your card.

There is a device scammers put in the ATM slot to hold your card after it has read your PIN, then after one leaves, they retrieve your card.

Guess that's what happened in your case

Sorry bro.

6 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by manu1: 11:41am On Jun 06, 2018
AND THIS CRIMINAL ACTIVITY IS GOING ON IN DIAMOND BANK, SUPPOSEDLY ONE OF NIGERIAS REPUTABLE BANKS? SHOCKING!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:41am On Jun 06, 2018
this is not funny sad
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by lirusehn(m): 11:42am On Jun 06, 2018
OboOlora:

The machine trapped ur card and u couldn’t just use a shortcode to block it instantly? U do knowna trapped card can’t be retrieved right? Now u have lost over 50k instead of just 1k for a new card.

Your foolishness is overwhelming. Keep it up bro. One love

9 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by MacShiff: 11:43am On Jun 06, 2018
silastemplar:
sure the atm didnt spit your card out after u left?

Seems there is a skimming device connected to the ATM by fraudsters. All banks are mandated to have an anti-skimming device installled on their ATMs.

Kindly write to CBN and diamond head office and also put first bank in copy. It's Diamond bank's negligence.

Diamond bank should refund the money, if not you can sue them to court for fraud.

8 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by OhiOfIhima: 11:44am On Jun 06, 2018
This is so pathetic... You mean saving in the bank is not secure again... Unbelievable. It getting worst n worst everyday. Ya Allah come for our rescue. We are doom here in this Obodo Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by princeade86(m): 11:44am On Jun 06, 2018
don't envy any banker if u see dem spending because 78% of them are fraudsters. but I don't know d remained 22% character sha.
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Lakenzie: 11:44am On Jun 06, 2018
every bank have atm custodian and are saddle with responsibilities of destroying trapped cards, sometimes customer services can do such functions. just get a lawyer to write the branch of diamond that affected, that you want to see the card either destroyed or not. cbn fraud desk will help but it takes time. moreso, let blogger, NGO civil societies that you know come into play. you might safe a lot of people from such act and also get some huge compensation.

2 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by frowland(m): 11:44am On Jun 06, 2018
Look, if your card is trapped by ATM, DO NOT LEAVE THERE UNTIL the machine request for another card. Sometimes network can cause a serious delay in vomiting card and when it finally vomits the card and no one is there to receive it, it will takes 30sec to 1mins for the card to be permanently swallowed to ATMtray.
What likely happened to you was that most likely the person behind you had an idea of your PIN and when you left, the ATM spitted out the card and holla - Jackpot.
Unless you want to tell me that ATM custodian was there by 9PM to take your card (unlikely) - which is impossible as there are always two staff access to ATM anytime it is opened for reloading.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by micflo28(m): 11:44am On Jun 06, 2018
Bro. Quickly write to Consumer Protection Council with the details of the debit alerts and to efcc. Then demand to see the manager of the bank. If you need help locating those offices I can help I reside at wuse 2, Abuja. Don't take this lying low.

4 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by MisterGrace: 11:45am On Jun 06, 2018
OboOlora:

All these mannerless kids on here.

10 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by ithink7: 11:45am On Jun 06, 2018
This is getting too frequent with diamond bank
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by uzzyphilip(m): 11:45am On Jun 06, 2018
Go to their twitter handle (diamond bank) report the case and exactly how it happened, location and time still go to twitter handle of police or efcc and still report the case. And still threaten to publish your case on social medias. They will look into it faster.

5 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by dadebayo1(m): 11:47am On Jun 06, 2018
sexiestharam:
First of all, the atm room has dual control. Meaning only 2 staff can go into the atm room and reload cash or retrieve trapped cards. Secondly, the customer service personnel is a big novice! No trained customer service personnel should give a bad example of a situation. He or she is the good face of the bank. Thirdly, believe me, since this has gotten to nairaland, this issue would be investigated immediately by the bank. You can also call 07003000000. Diamond bank always thrives for a positive image. Just know that heads would roll sha for this report. But it is not your business. Yours is to get your money returned and it would. You should have also called your bank immediately to block the card immediately. Some banks like Diamond have a feature on their mobile apps to temporarily block cards. Lastly, people saying the security guard needs to be questioned, security personnels do not have access to the atm room. Unless your atm card was later ejected after you left. There are some instances that the atm card still comes out and the customer might have already left the premises.

Welldone.. Kindly ensure the real culprit is punished and not a blanket punishment grin
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 06, 2018
sinaj:
This is serious o!

[b] The security man needs to be questioned [/b]but I wonder how they got your pin
Are you listening to yourself? What's a security man's business with an ATM card that was swallowed by the ATM? grin

They don't even have access to that ATM room.

2 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by AerialMapper: 11:49am On Jun 06, 2018
Machine had a skimming device attached or the slot was modified with a false slot to hold your card. A small camera is rigged above the keypad or someone looks over you shoulder to get your pin. With this, a new card can be cloned and your account emptied.

ALWAYS shield your PIN even if you are the only one at the machine

3 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by femi4: 11:50am On Jun 06, 2018
pocohantas:
The word is retracted.

Are you sure it didn't eject your card after you left?

This is more serious than I thought.
Follow it up then. You have to write formally to CBN.
how about the pin? Did the ATM eject the pin too
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by femi4: 11:51am On Jun 06, 2018
kimbraa:
Are you listening to yourself? What's a security man's business with an ATM card that was swallowed by the ATM? grin

They don't even have access to that ATM room.
Abi o
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by pocohantas(f): 11:51am On Jun 06, 2018
femi4:
how about the pin? Did the ATM eject the pin too

Maybe a card-reader was in that machine.
I can't be so sure though.
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Amberon11: 11:52am On Jun 06, 2018
Shut up. Advice people politely or get lost.
OboOlora:

4 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Leopantro: 11:53am On Jun 06, 2018
OboOlora:

so because you know it and he doesn't know it he deserved to be insulted and killed.

the level of intelligence some people manifest....
And you work as a Medical Practitioner and still manifest such an attitude?

5 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by seyoops4u: 11:53am On Jun 06, 2018
The way you addressed this issue isnt the right way.

Adding insult to injury
OboOlora:

5 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by ped007(m): 11:55am On Jun 06, 2018
So Nigerians are now willing to share their account information on public platforms
grin grin grin
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by zinizta: 11:55am On Jun 06, 2018
OboOlora:

did you even read thru? oya ni e... puma of the highest order

5 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by KingMicky3286: 11:55am On Jun 06, 2018
Next time, open 3 accounts. Money for mega project should be booklet only with thumb print and signature

Money for soft usage booklet only . Signature and thumb print.

Money for fast lane dailiy withdrawal limit 20k Atm and booklet. Always take money from counter even if there are no people on the atm line.

Thats how i operate and they hate me cause i dont play with them in the bank .. They are thieves.

Thank me later if you can follow these procedure to save your money.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by KingMicky3286: 11:56am On Jun 06, 2018
Next time, open 3 account. Money for mega project should be booklet only with thumb print and signature

Money for soft usage booklet only . Signature and thumb print.

Money for fast lane dailiy withdrawal limit 20k Atm and booklet. Always take money from counter even if there are no people on the atm line.

Thats how i operate and they hate me cause i dont play with them in the bank .. They are thieves.

Thank me later if you can follow these procedure to save your money.....

1 Like

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by femi4: 11:56am On Jun 06, 2018
pocohantas:

Maybe a card-reader was in that machine.
I can't be so sure though.
Its possible
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by ayoyonet(m): 11:57am On Jun 06, 2018
Bank officials are the the culprit s. Same happened to me last year. I was told to write letter which I did. Till today nothing was done. I wonder how they are getting the victim ATM pin.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics / 4 Habits Of Financially Smart People / How Profitable To Import Used Laptop And Phone In Bulk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.