Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? (8273 Views)

Mbu Deployed As AIG In charge Of Lagos, Ogun States / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by pappy2000: 11:25pm On Jun 01, 2010
There is really no need for this argument.
Those who are for the merger are making sense
But you must remember the crop of leaders we have dont think like we think.

I think what we should put our effort on this the electoral system.
How do we ake make our vote count.
This is really Important to me.
If it is One man one vote,then this suggestion can be brought in.

How do we make our vote count?
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by MeGaStReEt: 11:53pm On Jun 01, 2010
this should never happen,.

you want my sweet lagos to merge with that Undeveloped and primitive state? never!
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by bawomolo(m): 4:13am On Jun 02, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

this should never happen,.

you want my sweet lagos to merge with that Undeveloped and primitive state? never!

yeah because lagos as shown in that bbc documentary is ultra modern.  living in aj city sure is sweet.
delusions.

there is nothing wrong with a little more cooperation among the states
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by Becomrich9: 4:23am On Jun 02, 2010
Andre Uweh, i think you are sick. really sick. Andre Uweh lagos and ogun is more populated than the 5 south east states.  and more populated than the north east state,

remove Yorubas,edo,delta into benin republic. Another option is that we create a nation covering Yorubas,edo,delta state.

Andre Uweh (m)   Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged?
« #33 on: May 31, 2010, 11:14 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A merger between Lagos and Ogun state should be supported. This will live the South west with 5 states .
There should also be mergers in the south south. Probably, Rivers and Bayelsa. This lives the group with 5 states.
North central states of Plateau and Nasarawa should be merged as well so as to have 5 states in the north central.
North east, Gombe and Bauchi merger will produce 5 states in that zone.
Lastly, north west states of Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi should be brought together as one state. This will make the zone to have 5 states.
All the geo- political zones should have 5 states each. It is mischievous as we as a foul play for some zones to have 7 states, some with 6 states and another with only 5 states. Enough of this nonsense.

Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by bawomolo(m): 4:31am On Jun 02, 2010
oh lord he strikes again
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by sjeezy8: 4:56am On Jun 02, 2010
Lagos AC, Ogun PDP- and will probably stay Like that.

edited- simply put as it is above
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by sjeezy8: 5:17am On Jun 02, 2010
Much less to talk of the stupidity of southerners- why is any sensible person from the South of Nigeria talking about merging states- when with the current  amount states in Nigeria, the North still has More- and arent thinking of merging any  Zamfara state with Sokoto or Kebbi.

Even if the states in the North "die off" with no FG allowance- as long as the North has more states than the south- which puts them at an advantage they are OK.

When will southern Nigeria have sense. This shouldnt even be a topic unless Both the NE and NW merge  6 states into THREE[size=13pt](which they wont do)[/size] because Northerners know as long as they have more states than the south, they have upper hand in senate seats, reps seat, votes etc . . .

[size=13pt]Any Southerner talking about merging states without the North first merging atleast 6 states to make north and south equal is an Ode![/size]
Southern Nigerians no get brain mehn-
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by KnowAll(m): 12:20pm On Jun 02, 2010
[size=14pt]All Ogun State needs to do next time is to vote for AC, with AC in Lagos and Ogun the two states would be able to work in unison.

Ogun’s problem is the non-performing, Rolls Royce riding (Daniel’s has got a rather sumptuous looking Roller parked at his drive in his London Home) Governor at the helms of affair of the state. This problem is not unusual to Ogun State alone it is a cancer in the Nigerian polity.

Give me a modest pay of 3 million a year, and I would commute 99.95% of the state’s resources to the state, if this can be done with all sincerity, the thought of merger of states would be an inconceivable joke let alone mentioned.

Failure breeds contempt and abject failure breeds abject contempt bordering on delusional tendencies. The wholesome failure in the polity,  has made even establish intellectuals to suffer a kind of brain haemorrhage, whereby all sense of wellbeing has being lost.

When you hear men and women who are suppose to be in position of authority relying on an act of God to fix problems, then there is no hope since God himself has already given men the knowledge required to over-come any obstacle we come across.

We are doomed, we are at a cross-road, those that are fleecing the treasury in their various States have lost track of what they have stolen, it actually comes as a surprise to some of them at the end of their tenure of how much they have plundered their poor States.

If the ex Governor of Sharia infested,  cash strapped, Zamfara State can still manage to find some loose $100,000.00 dollars to pay his driver a phantom dowry  in other to indulge in what many paedophiles in the west would give an arm or a leg for then what do we expect, there is an ailment in the land quite alright, I hope the thought of  merger of States is not our next stage of our debilitating dementia.[/size]
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2010
roflmao!!!
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by dejiro1: 10:11am On Aug 19, 2010
Personally, I don't think it is a very good idea for Lagos and Ogun state to merge to bcome one. What we can propose here is to find a way to incorporate the economies of the two states. With the current population explosion in Lagos, Ogun state has a tremendous opportunity to develop its state and give loads of Lagosians the opportunity they crave, i.e., move to a state where it is much less congested and still have the same or better standard of living. We see this happen everyday in Western countries. I can speak for Newyork and New Jersey. Tons of people go to work in Newyork during the day, and go back to their homes in New Jersey at night. To even take further, I would suggest that the states in the geo-political southwestern part of the country, namely:Lagso, Ogun, Oyo, Ondo, and maybe Kwara state should find a way to link up much of their economies. This would create an opportunity for those in the remote areas of these states to come into the fold and forge a better life through the business opportunities that comes with the incorporation. Remember that the five states mentioned above here, put together, can stand alone as a single, self-sustaining country.
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by Nobody: 12:02am On May 23, 2011
My mum is from Ikorodu and my Dad is from Ijebu waterside, Ikorodu people are Ijebus. Their native dialect is Ijebu! But we all speak the usual yoruba language now! Check out this page http://www.cefolassaocoed.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=54
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by EkoIle1: 2:02am On May 23, 2011
Some of my folks are from Ikorodu and they all speak Ijebu, I speak konk Ijebu myself via my Ikorodu folks.

Kobo's Ikorodu talk always dey shaky anyways,
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by ektbear: 2:24am On May 23, 2011
Way too many states in Nigeria, period.

States should look something like this:
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by Rossikk(m): 12:17pm On May 23, 2011
Kobojunkie said

ROFLMAO!!!

Greece maybe, but definitely not Jamaica. lol

I can tell you from experience that Jamaica is a VERY beautiful and VERY safe place to go on holiday.

Stop displaying your ignorance owing to media stereotypes of black nations.
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by akinnux(m): 12:28pm On May 23, 2011
In fact, the whole country is in dire need of boundary adjustments which would involve merging of some states and bringing together people of similar ethnic root and culture.
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 23, 2011
@op why not say what you really want.

You want Fashola to govern your state grin
Re: Why Can't Lagos And Ogun States Be Merged? by dejiro1: 2:02pm On May 23, 2011
For the dude that suggested that Jamaica is a safe place is either ignorant or just want to argue blindly. I have visited Jamaica, and I can categorically tell you that Lagos as a state is more safer than parts of Jamaica. Did you know that Kingston, Jamaica is an official war zone? It is a no-go area. If you talk about Montego Bay, Jamaica, then that can be a place I can suggest for anyone to visit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Charismatic African Leaders / Court Sacks PDP EXCO In Anambra / Benue: Appeal Court Affirms APC's Udende

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.