Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,439 members, 7,781,284 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:44 AM

Dropped Nigerian Players! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dropped Nigerian Players! (6442 Views)

Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Top 10 Nigerian Players Of 2013 / Nigerian Players In South African League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Sagamite(m): 9:21am On Jun 02, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

@Vitimini

nice posts, good to have a newbie on the same page with the true afficionadoes here.

As per Anichebe, why is Everton always too fast in reacting to stories concern their internationals ?

Lies or not, Lagerback must have had a good reason to drop him plus he might still be d 23rd player if not IK Uche, lets just support the team and move on instead of ranting jare . . .that team could have been an Amodu team but they now the hunger and self-consciousness they never had under Amodu.

If it was Amodu that led a team to play a 1-1 draw with a non-WC bound Colombia and played Kaita a defensive midfielder on the right side, he would be slaughtered as cluuuuuuuuueless.

If it was Amodu that, after that, dropped our WC qualification highest goal score (Ike Uche) and selected Utaka for the WC, under the excuse that Ike is just returning from injury but yet selected Mikel that is struggling with injury, the next morning, the press and the morons on NL would be calling him a naughty person and son of a ho that should be sacked immediate.

But when an Oyinbo does all these, people will go to any depths to find ways to rationalise it. As I said back in Nov to Jan, Amodu was being attacked because most do not feel comfortable with a blackman in charge. Most only feel comfortable when they see a whiteman in control. The excuses used against Amodu were moronic and I was right in vituperating most people.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by DrKitaun(m): 10:06am On Jun 02, 2010
To an extent I agree with u cos I dont understand d Kaita d winger stuff, where u might be wrong is: did Amodu do enough to IMPROVE the quality of play of the SE ?

Could we decipher passion and commitment 4rm his boys ?

Was he not as ARROGANTLY VITUPERATIVE with d press as u were with NLers ?

Truth is: we need Oyinbo coach to water down the indisciplined attitude of our boys, u can imagine d rubbish Osaze and Martins were spewing abt Amodu after d ANC . . .
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Sagamite(m): 10:23am On Jun 02, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

To an extent I agree with u cos I dont understand d Kaita d winger stuff, where u might be wrong is: did Amodu do enough to IMPROVE the quality of play of the SE ?

The qaulity of play was fantastic in the first 6 games. It was shaky in another 3 in the second half of qualification DUE to PRESSURE, but up to par of our mediocre players in the other 3. I kept on telling you all OUR PLAYERS ARE NOT THAT GOOD.

How is he going to improve the players when his reputation is being slandered every minute.

It is already a challenge for a local coach to gain respect of the average player, it becomes harder when at every press conference all the morons called journalist want to discuss is whether you have heard or it is true your sack has been decided.

How many teams would not be distracted by constant criticism of their performance even if they win? Even if they score vital goals at the last minute?

You try and take that at YOUR OWN place of work. Lets see your performance then. When you do something well and achieve goals, you are criticised like an utter failure. Lets see how long you can last and care about the work anymore.

How many coaches would be able to experiment under this and risk losing respect of the press and even players if the experiment fails? Would the moronic pressmen sleep if Amodu played Kaita on the right? They would be awake all night writing tomes of insult on his mother.

Amodu did alot despite all that pressure. The passion and commitment he generated was what brought us the goals against Mozambique, Tunisia and Kenya at the last minutes. If he was white, he would have been called a winch for these, but as a black those successes are due to player talent even though they were team passing goals from team work.

Dr Kitaun:

Truth is: we need Oyinbo coach to water down the indisciplined attitude of our boys, u can imagine d rubbish Osaze and Martins were spewing abt Amodu after d ANC . . .

NO! We do not need any Oyinbo to bring discipline. Amodu brought discipline. It was not indiscipline to criticise a coach after he is sacked.

Osaze and Martins were right to condemn him.

He was by the ANC too scared to try something new and it affected our game. The pressure finally sipped in.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by honeric01(m): 10:25am On Jun 02, 2010
Since it's not Amodu, he's not a puppet

Since he's not Amodu, no player was "forced" on him

Since he's not Amodu, he has been able to give us a "pattern" of play

since he's not Amodu, the SE has "played" better than any other time Amodu was in charge

Since he's not Amodu, we have been able to successfully and tactically played draws with "heavyweights" like Saudi Arabia and Colombia

Since he's not Amodu, the team selection has been "top notch"

Since he's not Amodu, players with "merit" has been picked ahead of players with "Injury"

Largerback, NFF and the anti-Amodu has alot to prove to me, until Largerback is able to prove me wrong by achieving more than what Amodu achieved so far during the qualifiers, i won't stop scrutinizing his decisions and that of the NFF.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by honeric01(m): 10:32am On Jun 02, 2010
honeric01:

since he's not Amodu, the SE have "played" better than any other time Amodu was in charge

Since he's not Amodu, we have been able to successfully and tactically played draws with "heavyweights" like Saudi Arabia and Colombia

Since he's not Amodu, the team selection have been "top notch"

Since he's not Amodu, players with "merit" have been picked ahead of players with "Injury"

Largerback, NFF and the anti-Amodu have alot to prove to me, until Largerback is able to prove me wrong by achieving more than what Amodu achieved so far during the qualifiers, i won't stop scrutinizing his decisions and that of the NFF.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Sagamite(m): 10:33am On Jun 02, 2010
honeric01:

since he's not Amodu, the SE has "played" better than any other time Amodu was in charge

Since he's not Amodu, the team selection has been "top notch"

Since he's not Amodu, players with "merit" has been picked ahead of players with "Injury"

Largerback, NFF and the anti-Amodu has alot to prove to me, until Largerback is able to prove me wrong by achieving more than what Amodu achieved so far during the qualifiers, i won't stop scrutinizing his decisions and that of the NFF.

Thank you!

I am in support of Lagerback and SE and want to see them win games at the WC.

I will not judge Lagerback too much as he really as not have much time to prepare and be justly assessed for his work.

But I PITY THE FOOOOL that comes on NL to start praising Lagerback unjustly by using lame examples or keeps quiet/rationalise when criticism is due because of white-arse kissing.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by honeric01(m): 10:38am On Jun 02, 2010
Guys, sorry for the double post, made some errors before and needed to correct the errors, i'll correct it when i get a better connection.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by VitiMini(m): 10:45am On Jun 02, 2010
@na_so, Kgdavid and Dr Kitaun

Thanks guys you are great! Thanks for taking time out to read and comprehend what I was trying to say.

@Sagamite and honeric01

My brothers, I honestly have nothing against our local coaches. I am all for us black people excelling,  But please ask yourselves this one question: If Siasia was coach would fans complain?

I personally would have loved to see Siasia take our team to the WC. Amodu had so many chances to make us forget the past but he kept letting us down. How many times did he get the chance to be the head coach of our team?

Siasia has managed to give us fans confidence in the future of Nigerian football Amudu did NOT!! I am not here to promote Lars Lagerback but quite honestly, the players appear to want to play for him, maybe it is the new coach syndrome! Besides, it would be folly to think Amodu and Lagerback are on the same level technically.

Thank you for reading.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by firstangel(m): 10:46am On Jun 02, 2010
it will be worst grin
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by DrKitaun(m): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2010
Who cares about Amodu or Lager ?

Let the boys get on with it ! If Amodu were tired why didnt he just resign ? To hell with him, he's a bloody failure not to have handled d press well, exactly why Maradona cant suceed !

Osaze and Martins right to criticize the coach when they could not deliver WHEN IT MATTERED MOST? U just love to argue blindly !

Even Lagerback has fared well with naysaying pressmen . . .BTW Amodu wouldnt have gone thru more than ERIKSSON or even homeboy McLAREN went thru, no ?
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Sagamite(m): 11:02am On Jun 02, 2010
VitiMini:

@Sagamite, Dr Kitaun and honeric01

My brothers, I honestly have nothing against our local coaches. I am all for us black people excelling,  But please ask yourselves this one question: If Siasia was coach would fans complain?

After the U-20 debacle, he might get a little heat if anything does not work once.

I think Siasia will not get as much heat based on some excellent coaching and the fact that he is white-brushed. That is he has played abroad in whiteman country, so people respect Nigerians that have done things abroad more than those that are local champions.

VitiMini:

I personally would have loved to see Siasia take our team to the WC. Amodu had so many chances to make us forget the past but he kept letting us down. How many times did he get the chance to be the head coach of our team?

Amodu did well.

What was his record every time he was in charge? Bad? Please educate me.

For the WC qualification, he was working with mediocre players under pressure and delivered. Most daft Nigerians were still living in fool's paradise thinking SE is still a strong team with strong players.

Amodu only disappointed at ANC due to immense pressure.

VitiMini:

Siasia has managed to give us fans confidence in the future of Nigerian football Amudu did NOT!! I am not here to promote Lars Lagerback but quite honestly, the players appear to want to play for him, maybe it is the new coach syndrome! Besides, it would be folly to think Amodu and Lagerback are on the same level technically.

Thank you for reading.

How do you know they are not at the same level?

Your team is SHITE. Our players are not that good.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Sagamite(m): 11:06am On Jun 02, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Let the boys get on with it ! If Amodu were tired why didnt he just resign ? To hell with him, he's a bloody failure not to have handled d press well, exactly why Maradona cant suceed !

Osaze and Martins right to criticize the coach when they could not deliver WHEN IT MATTERED MOST? U just love to argue blindly !

Even Lagerback has fared well with naysaying pressmen . . .BTW Amodu wouldnt have gone thru more than ERIKSSON or even homeboy McLAREN went thru, no ?

What rubbish are you chatting?

What naysaying has Lagerback faced?

Amodu achieved his targets and lost playing the best football they played so far.

How do you handle a press of morons and the same time be able to commit to your team 100%?

You hold him responsible for the mentality of others?

That is as silly as holding a US president responsible for the mentality of islamic fundamentalists. Blaming him for not managing them well to behave.

The Naija journalists are a PACK OF MORONS that don't respect a blackman that is a local champion. And they have an unequaled weapon in the pen.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by honeric01(m): 11:18am On Jun 02, 2010
Sagamite:

Thank you!

I am in support of Lagerback and SE and want to see them win games at the WC.

I will not judge Lagerback too much as he really as not have much time to prepare and be justly assessed for his work.

But I PITY THE FOOOOL that comes on NL to start praising Lagerback unjustly by using lame examples or keeps quiet/rationalise when criticism is due because of white-arse kissing.

i am waiting on that too, i just hope he doesn't fail, all in all, i still don't want any white coach as our coach, after the worldcup, he should be freed to go back to his country, by then, most of the old legs would have announced their retirements, then we can get Siasia, Keshi, or any other Nigerian coach who's ready to put up with Nigerians and NFF so that we can start preparing for 2011 nations cup, 2014 worldcup with players from the U-17, U-20, U-23 and few from the current squad.

Dr Kitaun:

And how did he fail? define failure please undecided

he handled the press same way Mourinho handles the press, is Mourinho a failure too?
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by DrKitaun(m): 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2010
Honeric

u are having a laff grin

bloody slowpoke angry

how can u say Amodu handles the press JM does ? are u sick ?

@Sagamite

even Amodu ever looks sickly and I can name press guys like Dudu Orumen and Wole Opatola that were ever in support of him, so what the heck are u guys about that all the press men loathe him shocked

Lagerback is better than Amodu, forget all this PATRIOTIC ; WE MUST LOVE ANYTHING NAIJA SYNDROME tongue that syndrome sef no work with England they seem to play better under foreigners tongue

why am I arguing with Sagamite sef ? is he not an already defeated man ? grin grin
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Sagamite(m): 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

@Sagamite

even Amodu ever looks sickly and I can name press guys like Dudu Orumen and Wole Opatola that were ever in support of him, so what the heck are u guys about that all the press men loathe him  shocked

Add Colin Udoh of Kickoff to that list.

But at best, less than 10% of journalist supported him. An overwhelming and more vocal majority berated and disparaged him almost everyday.

They carried malicious rumours from "reliable sources" of his sack having been agreed almost every week.

Dr Kitaun:

Lagerback is better than Amodu, forget all this PATRIOTIC ; WE MUST LOVE ANYTHING NAIJA SYNDROME  tongue that syndrome sef no work with England they seem to play better under foreigners  tongue

Under what criteria? From a so-so performance with Colombia?

Dr Kitaun:

why am I arguing with Sagamite sef ? is he not an already defeated man ?  grin  grin

See your life.  grin grin grin grin grin

I and Amodu am being vindicated with the Saudi and Colombia performance and tactics, and then the WC team selections.  tongue
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by DrKitaun(m): 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2010
egbe n worry yin sir tongue

wait until Lagerback brings back the cup and we will deport all members of your family to where u truly come from - Niger Republic grin grin
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Sagamite(m): 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

egbe n worry yin sir tongue

wait until Lagerback brings back the cup and we will deport all members of your family to where u truly come from - Niger Republic grin grin

See ya mouth.

You are going to win WC with Utaka, Kanu, Shittu, Echiejile. grin grin grin grin

Players of relegation teams or did not play a single game throught the season. grin

SE is not that good.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by DrKitaun(m): 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2010
well . . .GOD works in miraculous ways wink
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by opsydudu(m): 7:19pm On Jun 02, 2010
same way God works in miraculous ways for other countries present.

2nd round is my final berth for the Super Eagles.

Check Lagerback's record with Sweden, he doens't exceed that. He would run out of his tactical ideas
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by alldone(m): 10:24am On Jun 03, 2010
Let us wait and see what Lar will do. he must get to the semi-final or return our money!!!
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Kgdavid(m): 1:30pm On Jun 03, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

To an extent I agree with u cos I
where u might be wrong is: did Amodu do enough to IMPROVE the quality of play of the SE ?

i expect that kaita being deployed on the right is part of lagerbacks strategy to contain messi. messi unleashed on chidi odiah alone will be an unmitigated disaster
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by DrKitaun(m): 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2010
which is why we are never getting it right !

is the gaddem WC about Messi ? abeg make all these naysayers commot jare . . .

I AM 100 PERCENT COCKSURE WE WOULD WIN ARGENTINA, IF MARADONA LIKE MAKE HIN ENTER BOOT, JOIN REDONDO AND BATISTUTA IF U WISH !!!

RUBBISH !!! angry
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Sagamite(m): 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2010
Kgdavid:

i expect that kaita being deployed on the right is part of lagerbacks strategy to contain messi. messi unleashed on chidi odiah alone will be an unmitigated disaster

Sorry?

So you don't even have a clue that messi plays as a right winger (so it is TT that will face him) or at worst a support striker? undecided
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by komekn(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2010
The why was Anichebe dropped saga will not just go away, consider this- http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,17366_6184291,00.html -somebody is telling lies and it is not Anichebe. http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/sports/6200-why-anichebe-was-dropped-ogunjobi

I still do not want to believe that the vested interest of some NFF officials has caused Anichebe his place, however in the absence of a credible explanation, I may conclude in the negative. Another thing knowing Victor, he is a Britico Naija he has not learned the art of settlement like some others.

Against the Saudi's he made a clear claim and was man of the match in my opinion, compare his performance to Yak, Utaka and Kanu and you see that it just does not add up.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Kgdavid(m): 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2010
sorry i forgot the details. well i still think its a viable possibility. perhaps against columbia the most skilful player was on their left. maybe kaita will be shifted out to the left against argentina. tbh the only possible reason why kaita could be on the flank would be to counter an attacking threat.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Princek12(m): 7:19pm On Jun 03, 2010
I agree that honor should given to whom it is deserving. Largerback has shown that he has the requisite ability to organize and coach the Eagles to victory. However, I am disappointed that Kanu was chosen to the exclusion of Victor Anichebe. That was a tactical error. Since Lars said that he selected Kanu because he has a winning aura, he could have brought Kanu (even if it is with permission of the NFF) as a travelling assistant rather than as a player. That way Victor would have still been selected.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by raptainer(m): 7:47pm On Jun 03, 2010
why drop when he is better than most strikerz in the squad
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by komekn(m): 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2010
Raptainer,

Please who is Kanu better than in the squad and lets assess objectively and i am sure you will change your view, or maybe your joking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Live Scores; Nigeria Premier League Mid Week Match / Burial Of Stephen Keshi Is On July 29th / See What Happened In Merrybet Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.